FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sun on Sunday

Sun on Sunday

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *r Oreo OP   Man  over a year ago

Croydon

so what do old news of the world readers think??

Is it the one for u again after months of trying the different sunday papers and then giving up with them??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

cant believe anyone would consider buying this rag after all the hacking etc,

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I'm going to give it a go. I never read the N.O.T.W but im nauseated by the moral imperialistic division in here. So i'll buy it and try it...

Got my copy an hour ago and it's pretty much the same paper as the daily version, so yes, I'll be buying it on Sundays in future.

I'll pick one up when I take the dog out

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

As a friend said...goody, now i can boycott NI 7 days a week

"As a friend said...goody, now i can boycott NI 7 days a week "

ooooiiiiii what have us good folk of northern ireland done to you??

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

"As a friend said...goody, now i can boycott NI 7 days a week "

What about the Sunday Times? He could already boycott NI on Sundays (sorry to be a smart arse lol)

Haven't picked a paper up in years, get all my news from the TV or online, last time I did look at the sun (and we're talking early 90s), there was nothing of interest in it, just full of idol gossip on celebs which I have no interest in whatsoever. I'm assuming nothing has changed?

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"I'm going to give it a go. I never read the N.O.T.W but im nauseated by the moral imperialistic division in here. So i'll buy it and try it..."

don't worry Granny, half will forget what they post in their quest for 'difference' and then contradict in a future thread.

Given these papers are amongst the most popular in the UK, some fucker read them and were happy to turn a blind eye to the antics when it suited, then protest their outrage to join in the mass hysteria.

We all knew some reporters went thro bins ( including grieving relatives) for scraps of gossip, if you are prepared to go thro bins, a voicemail isn't that bad.

Good luck to it and the people it employs....

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i dont understand why people get so het up about this. If you dont like the content or the company and its practices behind it dont buy it - simple really.

the only time i see aything fromt he su is when my work colleagues get bored at work ad start looking for ridiculous stories and sed liks round. Last week was mainly about a 33st lady who got refused a lift by a cab and other related stories

think they are trying to tell me something

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"I'm going to give it a go. I never read the N.O.T.W but im nauseated by the moral imperialistic division in here. So i'll buy it and try it...

don't worry Granny, half will forget what they post in their quest for 'difference' and then contradict in a future thread.

Given these papers are amongst the most popular in the UK, some fucker read them and were happy to turn a blind eye to the antics when it suited, then protest their outrage to join in the mass hysteria.

We all knew some reporters went thro bins ( including grieving relatives) for scraps of gossip, if you are prepared to go thro bins, a voicemail isn't that bad.

Good luck to it and the people it employs.... "

My post of the weekend View....very well put.

By *omnlynneCouple  over a year ago

milton keynes

ever since the lies spread by kelvin mckenzie (former editor of the sun) about hillsbourgh would not buy any rag asscoiated with murdoch again...sunday sun sun notw makes no odds to me ....they got away with lies and one woman still fighting now for an inquest for her son who died that day.....sorry to be contraversial but there ya go...by the way im not from liverpool

What sun? looks like rain again here

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

"ever since the lies spread by kelvin mckenzie (former editor of the sun) about hillsbourgh would not buy any rag asscoiated with murdoch again...sunday sun sun notw makes no odds to me ....they got away with lies and one woman still fighting now for an inquest for her son who died that day.....sorry to be contraversial but there ya go...by the way im not from liverpool "

By *littylikka69Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

did not get mine till late as i been out since early all day,went to a newsagent on way home but was sold out so went to tesco express that still had a few left,both newagents had big pile of sunday mirror if anyone wants to read that though?,i dont.

West Midlands

[Removed by poster at 26/02/12 19:11:44]

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I never got mine I didn't go till nearly fourish and I had a meet with me so just picked up another paper. Needless to say I haven't read that either. My eyes were wobblin a bit... Someone tell me what the Sunday Sun was like ?

"ever since the lies spread by kelvin mckenzie (former editor of the sun) about hillsbourgh would not buy any rag asscoiated with murdoch again...sunday sun sun notw makes no odds to me ....they got away with lies and one woman still fighting now for an inquest for her son who died that day.....sorry to be contraversial but there ya go...by the way im not from liverpool "

Never read the Sun since hillsborough and never will

"I never got mine I didn't go till nearly fourish and I had a meet with me so just picked up another paper. Needless to say I haven't read that either. My eyes were wobblin a bit... Someone tell me what the Sunday Sun was like ?"

saturday sun, but with more pages.

Torquay

Around 3 million copies sold today so I understand.....

The advertisers must be queueing up for the next edition

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Around 3 million copies sold today so I understand.....

The advertisers must be queueing up for the next edition"

and watch the bluechips who fled the NOTW as the hysteria grew come creeping back........

Torquay

and watch the bluechips who fled the NOTW as the hysteria grew come creeping back........ "

Absolutely they will....they can't afford not to be advertising in the paper....their competitors will

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

and watch the bluechips who fled the NOTW as the hysteria grew come creeping back........

Absolutely they will....they can't afford not to be advertising in the paper....their competitors will"

exactly

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I thought this was going to be about the weather..... wasn't the sunshine lovely today?

I even went out into the garden.

Well I for one missed the NOTW and it felt nice popping out at 7am to get the papers on a Sunday morning again, something I haven't done since the NOTW ceased. I but the Sun most weekdays anyway so a sunday issue of it is merely an extension to that. Siren likes the Fabulous magazine and I get the sports pages while she reads the main paper. It's one we both enjoy for different reasons and I'll be buying it next week, and the week after and the week after that too.

Welcome back NOTW aka Sunday Sun.

Lol i likes the sun cause i likes comics so im made up that the big comic on Sunday is back xx

Nah, I wont be buying it.

The advertisers must be queueing up for the next edition"

3 Million supposedly printed. Fuck knows how many sold though as returns not in. Understand = made up.

Torquay

3 Million supposedly printed. Fuck knows how many sold though as returns not in. Understand = made up. "

Made up?

3 Million supposedly printed. Fuck knows how many sold though as returns not in. Understand = made up.

Made up?

"

Yeh made up.

Torquay

Made up?

Yeh made up. "

That's what the TV new programmes have been reporting tonight....maybe they made it all up?

Torquay

news*

[Removed by poster at 26/02/12 23:52:58]

Made up?

Yeh made up.

That's what the TV new programmes have been reporting tonight....maybe they made it all up?"

Lol I dont know what you have heard but 3 mill printed, they are GUESSING 2 mill sold but nobody knows till all unsold returns are in.

So saying nearly 3 mill made up is made up.

I prefer andrex to wipe my arse on myself.

The daily sales figures for the sun newspaper i have just taken from an independent newspaper sales site are two and three quarters of a million a day

So its unlikely that the Sunday sun will go over that

Maybe the first edition as a curiosity figure

Will be interesting to see the actual figure

Torquay

So they made it up.....

"So they made it up.....

"

You typed it

Torquay

"So they made it up.....

You typed it "

Oh I see....it's me that's the liar?

Don't hide behind things....just say it.

Much clearer that way

"So they made it up.....

You typed it

Oh I see....it's me that's the liar?

Don't hide behind things....just say it.

Much clearer that way"

Who knows you got your figures some place or not and you typed it. But the net says different and nobody knows sales till the returns are in so pick your own title.

Torquay

Source....Bloomberg News Channel on SKY 502.

Maybe they got it wrong...maybe they made it up...maybe Murdoch is influencing their news reports?...maybe

"Source....Bloomberg News Channel on SKY 502.

Maybe they got it wrong...maybe they made it up...maybe Murdoch is influencing their news reports?...maybe"

Maybe? Do bears shit in the woods?

West Midlands

tried i service station and 2 newsagents at 6pm to get my sun on way home tonight,2 sold out but the 3rd had a dozen copies left,looks like a seller to me!.

bad day for the sunday mirror as literally piles of them left on shelves,guesss they be losing money from advertisers who be pulling out then now.

"tried i service station and 2 newsagents at 6pm to get my sun on way home tonight,2 sold out but the 3rd had a dozen copies left,looks like a seller to me!.

bad day for the sunday mirror as literally piles of them left on shelves,guesss they be losing money from advertisers who be pulling out then now. "

You can wipe your arse on both rags they are both used to havin the brown stuff in them.

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

"I'm going to give it a go. I never read the N.O.T.W but im nauseated by the moral imperialistic division in here. So i'll buy it and try it...

Good luck to it and the people it employs....

My post of the weekend View....very well put."

Have to agree! See it on quite a few posts.. Post for effect and then forget it!

Well, I hated what NOTW got up to with innocent non celebs like the Dowler family but to be quite honest up till that point I thought celebrities love the hacks when they want publicity and likely a lot of them were delighted to discover there phones had been hacked as they got tens of thousands in compensation. I only with they'd hacked my phone, I could do with a hundred grand. I bought the NOTW because each crappy page you opened you saw a headline and thought "oh, I must read that" got the Sun on Sunday but it's just like the daily Sun so likely won't be buying it again. I reckon the sales figures this week were likely a blip with readers just trying it out.

By *irtydanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

was like having an old friend back

By *onnoisseur100Man  over a year ago

Woking-ish

"Well, I hated what NOTW got up to with innocent non celebs like the Dowler family but to be quite honest up till that point I thought celebrities love the hacks when they want publicity and likely a lot of them were delighted to discover there phones had been hacked as they got tens of thousands in compensation. I only with they'd hacked my phone, I could do with a hundred grand. I bought the NOTW because each crappy page you opened you saw a headline and thought "oh, I must read that" got the Sun on Sunday but it's just like the daily Sun so likely won't be buying it again. I reckon the sales figures this week were likely a blip with readers just trying it out."

Time will tell, but i'd bet on a reduction next week for the Sunday scum.

Woking-ish

"

"

Well two new things today, 10 sun journalists arrested were involved in bribing officials and policemen.

And a fig of 3.25 million for sales yesterday.

Mr Murdoch, says that is the past and this behaviour will not be repeated.

OH REALLY!

As a wise man once said...... My Arse!

[Removed by poster at 27/02/12 17:29:29]

"was like having an old friend back "

Yep, the kind of friend who roots through your drawers while you've popped to the shop; tells you how great you are then slags you off to everyone the next day. Oh, and the kind of friend who lets you down for a night out because he/she has had a better offer.

"

Well two new things today, 10 sun journalists arrested were involved in bribing officials and policemen.

OH REALLY!

"

and of course the officials and policemen were squeaky clean eh?

"

OH REALLY!

and of course the officials and policemen were squeaky clean eh? "

Dont be daft, according to the posters and general feeling on here, Murdoch is the devil incarnate and can turn any law abiding politician and member of our beloved police force in to a corrupt devious News International sycophant!

I buy the Sun and bought the Sun on Sunday. I enjoy the sport pages, which I think are better than any other papers out there. It's an easy read over a morning cuppa and brekkie. Maybe when I get old and more angry, I will convert to the Mail

I dont agree with the phone hacking, and a lot of innocent people have been affected by the poor moral standards of the journalists. But it has to be said that journailsts have always used latest dectective techniques and deviousness to get a story. This is nothing new and every paper does it, what is different about News International is that they got caught, no doubt the other papers shredded any evidence.

Everyone clamboured about MPs expenses, but that info was gained illegally... not heard that was a terrible thing. Watergate would not have broken without getting the tapes. There are thousand other stories like this, where the information was gained illegally, but was considered to be in the publics interest. In these instances, even though the law was broken, it was _iewed that the ends justified the means.

It has become fashionable to slate Murdochs empire, but most people subscribe to one of his products or services. I think the pity about the closure of the NOTW is that they did some very good investigative journalism, which other papers could not finance.

I for one will continue to subscribe to Sky and buy the Sun. I hope they have cleaned up their act and a moral code has been enforced across their media portfolio.

"

OH REALLY!

Dont be daft, according to the posters and general feeling on here, Murdoch is the devil incarnate and can turn any law abiding politician and member of our beloved police force in to a corrupt devious News International sycophant!

I buy the Sun and bought the Sun on Sunday. I enjoy the sport pages, which I think are better than any other papers out there. It's an easy read over a morning cuppa and brekkie. Maybe when I get old and more angry, I will convert to the Mail

I dont agree with the phone hacking, and a lot of innocent people have been affected by the poor moral standards of the journalists. But it has to be said that journailsts have always used latest dectective techniques and deviousness to get a story. This is nothing new and every paper does it, what is different about News International is that they got caught, no doubt the other papers shredded any evidence.

Everyone clamboured about MPs expenses, but that info was gained illegally... not heard that was a terrible thing. Watergate would not have broken without getting the tapes. There are thousand other stories like this, where the information was gained illegally, but was considered to be in the publics interest. In these instances, even though the law was broken, it was _iewed that the ends justified the means.

It has become fashionable to slate Murdochs empire, but most people subscribe to one of his products or services. I think the pity about the closure of the NOTW is that they did some very good investigative journalism, which other papers could not finance.

I for one will continue to subscribe to Sky and buy the Sun. I hope they have cleaned up their act and a moral code has been enforced across their media portfolio.

"

That gets my personal post of the week award. Excellent post.

Made up?

Yeh made up.

That's what the TV new programmes have been reporting tonight....maybe they made it all up?"

Of course not! If it's on the idiot's lantern it must be true!!!!

"

OH REALLY!

That gets my personal post of the week award. Excellent post. "

thank you Wishy... but as it's only Monday, you still have 6 days of posts to read!

"thank you Wishy... but as it's only Monday, you still have 6 days of posts to read! "

Never considered that, I kinda meant over the past 7 days lol

I miss Carole Malone!

Tra failed to get a job as a page 3 girl in The Sun.

She's pretty enough and her tits are awesome, but sadly she doesn't have a valid opinion on world events.

"Tra failed to get a job as a page 3 girl in The Sun.

She's pretty enough and her tits are awesome, but sadly she doesn't have a valid opinion on world events."

Woking-ish

"

OH REALLY!

"

I'm glad you will continue buying the sun and taking sky, that's your choice and right.

If my memory serves me right mp's expenses came from a leak inside the expenses office, and watergate also a leak from 'deepthroat' an insider. They were the ones who maybe broke the rules/law not the reporters involved, and yes it definitely was in the public interest. However, how is Charlotte Church's sex life, or her mothers mental state, which might just be made worse, 'in the public interest'.

These two things are different, in one the reporters broke the law to report tittle tattle, the other they received and exposed breeches of the law.

You tell me which is preferable.

BTW, I agree the cops and other officials who received the money were equally breaking the law.

West Midlands

Made up?

Yeh made up.

That's what the TV new programmes have been reporting tonight....maybe they made it all up?

Of course not! If it's on the idiot's lantern it must be true!!!!"

do be carefull you dont fall of your highchair as we would hate to see you hurt yourself!.

Well chuffed that my dream team points are now printed a day early.

from me

By *otYoungYorkGuyMan  over a year ago

york-north

I passed on this one, I would sometimes read the notw if it was about but the whole phone tapping thing stank to high heaven if you ask me.

When they announced the Sunday sun I thought who is going to buy that now.... Quite a lot it would seem

» Add a new message to this topic