FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > bearded dragons

bearded dragons

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ortheastcoupleuk OP   Couple  over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

any here keep these few of my mates have them i fancy starting up ,any good adice on gear and the upkeep of them ,have done a bit reading ect but always good for any extra into.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heWolfMan  over a year ago

warwickshire

My mate's married to one.

By *ones_BoothCouple  over a year ago

Solihull

Really easy to set up and keep.

The only down side is feeding live food, doesnt matter how har you try, you will always loose a few crickets around the house, but there are companies that sell tins of food which then leaves you to use live food as a supplment. Make sure you dust all food in calcium, if you have a youngling be careful not to over feed as younglins will just eat and eat. Best to have them young as they are easy to handle, a little quick, but you dont want a Dragon that botes lol, so you will need to handle them daily, and DONT FORGET hand wash, yes the risk of Salmonella. But Dragons are great fun, easy to keep, easy to handle and canbe a fun part of the family, make sure your viv is as big as you can have, they do grow up to 2 feet from tip of nose to tail.

Go for it, have fun

xxx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There's some cracking pics been posted on here of them

Highly reccomend Beardies. I have a pair Fred n wilma really good fun. The only thing i struggle with is the ive food but you get used to finding crickets in your slippers.

"Really easy to set up and keep.

The only down side is feeding live food, doesnt matter how har you try, you will always loose a few crickets around the house, but there are companies that sell tins of food which then leaves you to use live food as a supplment. Make sure you dust all food in calcium, if you have a youngling be careful not to over feed as younglins will just eat and eat. Best to have them young as they are easy to handle, a little quick, but you dont want a Dragon that botes lol, so you will need to handle them daily, and DONT FORGET hand wash, yes the risk of Salmonella. But Dragons are great fun, easy to keep, easy to handle and canbe a fun part of the family, make sure your viv is as big as you can have, they do grow up to 2 feet from tip of nose to tail.

Go for it, have fun

xxx"

cheers thats great the bit about the crickets would they cause any damage or in any way to worry about .

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Surely there is a fire hazard in keeping dragons in your house??? Mad!

"My mate's married to one."

My ex/w IS one!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

My son had one but after he moved out, i know he got all his stuff from an advert from someone who was selling it all off so didnt cost much to set up.

"My mate's married to one.

My ex/w IS one! "

hold on here the wolfs mate married ya ex

By *ones_BoothCouple  over a year ago

Solihull

free roaming crickets not much of a problem, they will die within a week or two (well should do lol) There is a small holding cell you can buy for them, only put one or two in at a time so the dragon will eat them and not let them run free

xxx

By *odka n CokeCouple  over a year ago

Greater London

You don't have to feed beardies crickets, we breed dragons and we feed them mealworms, greens, beetle grubs and hoppers (wingless locusts).

Crickets DON'T die after a week or two, the bastards breed and chirp at 3am in the sodding morning and keep you awake so they're banned in my house (I'd much rather have a hopper land on me than listen to a cricket chirping all night!)

If you want any advice, send us a message as we've been breeding them for years

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Another tip my sisters dis was remember to feed the food! They come in plastic containers with only a bit of an egg back as a hide and ne food, not going to be very nutritious for old beardy so Chuck some veg in there for them to munching in

"Another tip my sisters dis was remember to feed the food! They come in plastic containers with only a bit of an egg back as a hide and ne food, not going to be very nutritious for old beardy so Chuck some veg in there for them to munching in "
cheers sorted that finally got one had reet fuck on setting it up the blooding stat was goosed send off for new 1 all sorted up n running he/her is 6 weeks old tomoro

Would love to see a picture of one!

"Really easy to set up and keep.

Go for it, have fun

xxx"

yep cannot argue with that. kept a good few lizards some years ago.

vivarium must be adequate size too and correct temprature to ensure healthy lizards.

"My mate's married to one.

My ex/w IS one! "

you married my ex as well?

» Add a new message to this topic