FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Who is going to the gym this week?

Who is going to the gym this week?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Continue here, it is interesting to see what we all are doing and what is your fitness goal? I am going this week and I have already been there this morning and I did a full body workout. I go 3 times a week and I have started a slow bulk with 2700kcal. I do cardio everyday and my goal is to get to bulk up, here is a good tip, did you know that your body dont run on a 24hr clock when it comes to calories? It is the weekly total that is more important to reach. I use mynetdiary to track my macros, do you track macros?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *DreamOfGenieWoman  over a year ago

London

Swimming later for me. Gearing up mentally for my first full training session with my new PT next week...have a feeling he's going to ruin me! (and not in a fun way!)

"Swimming later for me. Gearing up mentally for my first full training session with my new PT next week...have a feeling he's going to ruin me! (and not in a fun way!)"
Have fun swimming

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Last night

Dead pin squats

Bench to 4" off the chest

Rows

Just got back into the gym after a year away. Do like the pain feeling after a hard workout.

Work in progress, looking to tone up and loose a few inches from this body

By *lex D.Man  over a year ago

London

"Continue here, it is interesting to see what we all are doing and what is your fitness goal? I am going this week and I have already been there this morning and I did a full body workout. I go 3 times a week and I have started a slow bulk with 2700kcal. I do cardio everyday and my goal is to get to bulk up, here is a good tip, did you know that your body dont run on a 24hr clock when it comes to calories? It is the weekly total that is more important to reach. I use mynetdiary to track my macros, do you track macros? "

No time for tracking, bad enough tracking my weekly spend so just stick to a classical approach of listening to and looking at my body. I'm cool with that.

Fitness goal at moment is to get through the fatigue stage of marathon training unscathed and reach taper late Sept which is bliss. Won't lift at gym but will do more calisthenics, as opposed to weight-lifting, at the park nearby on my post-short runs. After Amsterdam marathon, it'll be chest workouts until December.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Tracking does my head in, so I don't.

Trying to decide if I'm well enough to go, lol

I should go today after work. We'll see

By *scouple07Couple  over a year ago

louth, Ireland

Just back from the gym, bit of cardio and some weights done

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan  over a year ago

Lincoln

I'll be in for my usual week of training, though I'm ramping it up to five sets of five with higher weight to push past my current plateaus.

By *aucy sausageMan  over a year ago

Gentleshaw

Ramping up the miles for my next Ironman in October

80 mile bike ride this morning

By *igtattooedbeardedGuyMan  over a year ago

Halesowen

I have a home gym, I'm hoping to gradually loose approx 15kg but gain a lot of strength.

By *omesticflightMan  over a year ago

Burton-on-Trent

I walk 15 miles and run at least 3 per day for my job so that does me pretty well. I've been a gym member for 12 years now on&off, just coming out of a LONG dormant period.

Feels a little as though I'm "starting again" like I did as a newbie at 22, but with some musclememory & idea of what I'm doing

Going at five , and again tomorrow afternoon . Fit in bike ride tomorrow am

London

[Removed by poster at 17/08/19 16:21:11]

London

"Ramping up the miles for my next Ironman in October

80 mile bike ride this morning "

double thumbs up from me. Which one and when?

Lots of miles swimming & a bit of gym work, even on holiday

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Nope...out & about run 3 x or more per week off road half marathon & 10-12k trail runs thru the winter to complete, bike 100k or more in a week, swim 2000m or more each week open water, body weight exercises with some additional weight 2 x (not more) per week, gym? nah no time.

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

This week shag I've done 5 pilates classes, cycled about 60 miles, spin 3 times and 1 body pump.

I eat clean food most of the time but I dont track micros. I dont like to get to obsessive around food and logging everything I eat, I'm not sure that's me really.

However to look leaner I may need to think about this. I know I need to lift more. I probably need to get a food plan done by someone.

"This week shag I've done 5 pilates classes, cycled about 60 miles, spin 3 times and 1 body pump.

I eat clean food most of the time but I dont track micros. I dont like to get to obsessive around food and logging everything I eat, I'm not sure that's me really.

However to look leaner I may need to think about this. I know I need to lift more. I probably need to get a food plan done by someone. "

Just want to say we both agree you’ve got an absolute great physique, keep up the good work it’s not easy to maintain

"This week shag I've done 5 pilates classes, cycled about 60 miles, spin 3 times and 1 body pump.

However to look leaner I may need to think about this. I know I need to lift more. I probably need to get a food plan done by someone.

Just want to say we both agree you’ve got an absolute great physique, keep up the good work it’s not easy to maintain "

Well thankyou. Ditto

By *ampshirehotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Hampshire

I gym 4-5 times a week.

I've had a bit of a break from it recently. I just couldn't muster up the energy due to some family stuff.

I came back this week. I've done four sessions already.

Half hour cardio, half hour free weights-high rep low weight stuff. Leg day on Wednesday....oh my the pain was very real yesterday!!

I gym to maintain what I already have. I don't count macros. I try to eat healthy, lots of veggies pulses and grains. But if I want cake.... I'll have cake!!

Everything in moderation...right???

I am having a rest day today, what about you?

I slacked this week, only 3 sessions!! Definitly making up for it next week!

I need a new routine, any ideas I’m wanting build some size?

I drive past one twice a day , beat that !! Lol

Got a barn full of weights on pulleys, and shuttle run with weight up and down our garden 1 in 4 gradient, Eat 3500 calories a day as instructed to by a dr and sometimes if i capsize my kayak i swim.

Ok so i got the kit in the barn but its to far to walk from the front door

By *plpxp2Couple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

The feeling leaving the gym is brilliant, it would be far easier to go if it felt that way going in

Three runs planned for this week.

6,8 and 10 miles.

The aching legs will give me something to moan about

"I need a new routine, any ideas I’m wanting build some size?"
You can do a full body workout routine and you have to be in a calorie surplus.

I went this morning, what about you? It is monday and it is the international chest day. I did a full body workout and then I ran for 30min

Continue my callisthenics training, mastered the 'human flag' this next few months im going to build up to 'human flag pushups'

Been this morning, and I'll be going again mid afternoon.

"Continue my callisthenics training, mastered the 'human flag' this next few months im going to build up to 'human flag pushups'"

Human flag is a goal of mine

By *ndysaysMan  over a year ago

Winsford

Heading to gym now. 40 mins 9n cross trainer..then some heavy chest i reckon.

"Continue my callisthenics training, mastered the 'human flag' this next few months im going to build up to 'human flag pushups'

Human flag is a goal of mine"

It takes time and dedication bud, 3 months you can do it. Mastered the front lever pull ups before hand.

By *eedsortingMan  over a year ago

Radley

Going a bit later today. Probably a 2k run and a 30 minute interval ride followed by some core exercises. Would normally do a 5k run but working through a bit of a dodgy knee at the moment

Oh, and then a 20 minute sit in the sauna. Bliss!!

Went Yesterday, maybe tomorrow, definitely Thursday..

By *ay SableMan  over a year ago

Northampton/Birmingham

"Continue here, it is interesting to see what we all are doing and what is your fitness goal? I am going this week and I have already been there this morning and I did a full body workout. I go 3 times a week and I have started a slow bulk with 2700kcal. I do cardio everyday and my goal is to get to bulk up, here is a good tip, did you know that your body dont run on a 24hr clock when it comes to calories? It is the weekly total that is more important to reach. I use mynetdiary to track my macros, do you track macros? "

That's a very important point about the calories. I am looking to get a bit leaner myself, thinking that I need a slight change in diet perhaps... today was my cardio dday for the record :P.

"Continue here, it is interesting to see what we all are doing and what is your fitness goal? I am going this week and I have already been there this morning and I did a full body workout. I go 3 times a week and I have started a slow bulk with 2700kcal. I do cardio everyday and my goal is to get to bulk up, here is a good tip, did you know that your body dont run on a 24hr clock when it comes to calories? It is the weekly total that is more important to reach. I use mynetdiary to track my macros, do you track macros?

That's a very important point about the calories. I am looking to get a bit leaner myself, thinking that I need a slight change in diet perhaps... today was my cardio dday for the record :P."

That is right, it is very important and it is all about the diet, it depends how lean you want to get, a good starting point is to times your weight in lbs by 14, that will create a good deficit towards leaning out.

Northampton/Birmingham

"Continue here, it is interesting to see what we all are doing and what is your fitness goal? I am going this week and I have already been there this morning and I did a full body workout. I go 3 times a week and I have started a slow bulk with 2700kcal. I do cardio everyday and my goal is to get to bulk up, here is a good tip, did you know that your body dont run on a 24hr clock when it comes to calories? It is the weekly total that is more important to reach. I use mynetdiary to track my macros, do you track macros?

That's a very important point about the calories. I am looking to get a bit leaner myself, thinking that I need a slight change in diet perhaps... today was my cardio dday for the record :P.That is right, it is very important and it is all about the diet, it depends how lean you want to get, a good starting point is to times your weight in lbs by 14, that will create a good deficit towards leaning out. "

So, at 11 stone (154IBS), I should be burning about 2156 per day?

I’ve been to a legs, bums and tums class and I’m ruined

That's a very important point about the calories. I am looking to get a bit leaner myself, thinking that I need a slight change in diet perhaps... today was my cardio dday for the record :P.That is right, it is very important and it is all about the diet, it depends how lean you want to get, a good starting point is to times your weight in lbs by 14, that will create a good deficit towards leaning out.

So, at 11 stone (154IBS), I should be burning about 2156 per day?"

Yes about that amount but dont be there for a long time, a mini cut of 5 weeks or so, what is your goal as in % to reach?

Northampton/Birmingham

That's a very important point about the calories. I am looking to get a bit leaner myself, thinking that I need a slight change in diet perhaps... today was my cardio dday for the record :P.That is right, it is very important and it is all about the diet, it depends how lean you want to get, a good starting point is to times your weight in lbs by 14, that will create a good deficit towards leaning out.

So, at 11 stone (154IBS), I should be burning about 2156 per day?Yes about that amount but dont be there for a long time, a mini cut of 5 weeks or so, what is your goal as in % to reach?"

To be honest, I'm aiming for that 10-12%. Been doing pretty good so far, just need to switch up my routine a bit, especially on back day. I am losing size quite a bit though which sucks so I need to sort out my diet.

So, at 11 stone (154IBS), I should be burning about 2156 per day?Yes about that amount but dont be there for a long time, a mini cut of 5 weeks or so, what is your goal as in % to reach?

To be honest, I'm aiming for that 10-12%. Been doing pretty good so far, just need to switch up my routine a bit, especially on back day. I am losing size quite a bit though which sucks so I need to sort out my diet."

That is good going and yes that is right as you lose size when dieting down, do you do a full body workout? I like doing back training with heavy deadlifting.

By *coxy69Man  over a year ago

Stone

Just been and done Leg Day,

Leg Day Monday and Thursday

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Full body today

By *ustfun001Man  over a year ago

East Sussex

I am 5am early doors smash it! train 6 days a week push/ pull and legs split, just come off a "dirty bulk" so cutting for the next 8 weeks to make up for the pizza! I count calories down to macros too ...

Northampton/Birmingham

So, at 11 stone (154IBS), I should be burning about 2156 per day?Yes about that amount but dont be there for a long time, a mini cut of 5 weeks or so, what is your goal as in % to reach?

To be honest, I'm aiming for that 10-12%. Been doing pretty good so far, just need to switch up my routine a bit, especially on back day. I am losing size quite a bit though which sucks so I need to sort out my diet.That is good going and yes that is right as you lose size when dieting down, do you do a full body workout? I like doing back training with heavy deadlifting."

Not at the moment. Typically, I do the following:

Monday - Cardio

Tuesday - Legs + cardio

Weds - Shoulders and arms + cardio

Thurs - Chest + cardio

Friday - Back + cardio

I do abs in morning and sometimes in the evening during the week.

ashby de la zouch

I am 5am early doors smash it! train 6 days a week push/ pull and legs split, just come off a "dirty bulk" so cutting for the next 8 weeks to make up for the pizza! I count calories down to macros too ... "

My advice , never dirty bulk

ashby de la zouch

To be honest, I'm aiming for that 10-12%. Been doing pretty good so far, just need to switch up my routine a bit, especially on back day. I am losing size quite a bit though which sucks so I need to sort out my diet.That is good going and yes that is right as you lose size when dieting down, do you do a full body workout? I like doing back training with heavy deadlifting.

Monday - Cardio

Tuesday - Legs + cardio

Thurs - Chest + cardio

Friday - Back + cardio

"

Ahhh ditch the cardio unless you want to train your heart for endurance sports

Northampton/Birmingham

To be honest, I'm aiming for that 10-12%. Been doing pretty good so far, just need to switch up my routine a bit, especially on back day. I am losing size quite a bit though which sucks so I need to sort out my diet.That is good going and yes that is right as you lose size when dieting down, do you do a full body workout? I like doing back training with heavy deadlifting.

Monday - Cardio

Tuesday - Legs + cardio

Thurs - Chest + cardio

Friday - Back + cardio

Ahhh ditch the cardio unless you want to train your heart for endurance sports"

Hahaha, I've come to enjoy the benefits of stamina though. Can actually go for long runs without feeling as though my lungs are going to collapse lol.

ashby de la zouch

Monday - Cardio

Tuesday - Legs + cardio

Thurs - Chest + cardio

Friday - Back + cardio

Hahaha, I've come to enjoy the benefits of stamina though. Can actually go for long runs without feeling as though my lungs are going to collapse lol."

You will have to decide which sucks less

Losing size or lungs feeling like collapsing

Honestly for your claimed goals , shag is right , lift heavier weights and do less cardio , I do cardio prob once or twice every two weeks

Northampton/Birmingham

Monday - Cardio

Tuesday - Legs + cardio

Thurs - Chest + cardio

Friday - Back + cardio

Hahaha, I've come to enjoy the benefits of stamina though. Can actually go for long runs without feeling as though my lungs are going to collapse lol.

Honestly for your claimed goals , shag is right , lift heavier weights and do less cardio , I do cardio prob once or twice every two weeks

"

This is true. What are you doing for your cardio workouts?

I'm here now

"I'm here now "

Working out your fingers while typing messages on the forums ?

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Flintshire

Walking there now, having just finished work

I'll go a few times if only to try and keep this middle aging body in some sort of shape.

The only problem I have is I like cake, pies and beer more these days than stricter diets of chicken and rice etc like a few moons back.

ashby de la zouch

Monday - Cardio

Tuesday - Legs + cardio

Thurs - Chest + cardio

Friday - Back + cardio

This is true. What are you doing for your cardio workouts?"

I either go mountain biking for 6 hrs

Kite surf about 6 hrs

Mountaineering for 5-9 hrs

Sup or a combination

"I'm here now

Working out your fingers while typing messages on the forums ? "

I've done my swimming. Texting from my pool lounger

By *wingamajigsCouple  over a year ago

Folkestone

Exercise 5 times a week. Mixture of cardio and weights. Ultimate aim is to lose the belly and strengthen the right side of my shoulder/arms after 2 seperate major traumas. Also training for the Fan Dance with a view to doing the Long Drag and the Para 10 (again)

Northampton/Birmingham

Monday - Cardio

Tuesday - Legs + cardio

Thurs - Chest + cardio

Friday - Back + cardio

Kite surf about 6 hrs

Sup or a combination "

Ahhh that's quite intense lol. I think I do about the same just spread out (6 hours ish)

Monday - Cardio

Tuesday - Legs + cardio

Thurs - Chest + cardio

Friday - Back + cardio

Kite surf about 6 hrs

Sup or a combination

Ahhh that's quite intense lol. I think I do about the same just spread out (6 hours ish)"

That is a good routine and it is good you are doing cardio, but I also would suggest that adding more frequency such as a full body workout 3 times a week and on each session train all body parks, select 7 exercises, one exercise per body park and focus on the big 3.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

At 10am

Monday - Cardio

Tuesday - Legs + cardio

Thurs - Chest + cardio

Friday - Back + cardio

Kite surf about 6 hrs

Sup or a combination

Ahhh that's quite intense lol. I think I do about the same just spread out (6 hours ish)That is a good routine and it is good you are doing cardio, but I also would suggest that adding more frequency such as a full body workout 3 times a week and on each session train all body parks, select 7 exercises, one exercise per body park and focus on the big 3. "

Because taking into consideration the protein synthesis recovery time is very important.

I'll be back in the gym tonight I do about 3 nights a week but need to do more as I'm not winning the battle against the belly, too many weddings and party's at the moment and too much sitting behind a desk lol

By *manaWoman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

Hate the gym so I go running instead. 3 times a week, today I'm aiming for 5 miles plus I'll be practicing ariel yoga so I expect I'll hurt later

Today 2 hrs of pilates. Later I think I'll pop out on the bike for 20 miles.

Manchester (she/her)

I've been off since Friday with a bug. Trying to decide when to go back in.

ashby de la zouch

"I've been off since Friday with a bug. Trying to decide when to go back in. "

My advice

Now , however only to go through the motions 20 to 30 mins light weight performed slowly full range of motion

No need for exertion , call it active recovery, will keep you agile for when you can give your desired effort

Manchester (she/her)

"I've been off since Friday with a bug. Trying to decide when to go back in.

My advice

Now , however only to go through the motions 20 to 30 mins light weight performed slowly full range of motion

No need for exertion , call it active recovery, will keep you agile for when you can give your desired effort "

Thank you. I'm itching for it but I don't want to set myself back.

ashby de la zouch

"I've been off since Friday with a bug. Trying to decide when to go back in.

My advice

No need for exertion , call it active recovery, will keep you agile for when you can give your desired effort

Thank you. I'm itching for it but I don't want to set myself back. "

Honestly , as long as you dont become tempted to "train"

Just halve all the weights you use , and treat the session as form practice to keep you in the groove

Oh yeah

Full body this lunch with 190 kg trap bar dead lift

Manchester (she/her)

Thank you

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

No.....!!! Tried the gym a few years back, felt better for it but it was so incredibly BORING....!!

ashby de la zouch

Full body today , positive hormones flowing , seems I dont have the concept of boredom, must be my meticulous, tenacious focus

Typical leo

Yep one hr of spinning plus 2 hrs of pilates. Rocking

"Full body today , positive hormones flowing , seems I dont have the concept of boredom, must be my meticulous, tenacious focus

Typical leo"

Looooking good fella

By *r LovejonesMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Full body workout done and now off to hit the trails on my mountain bike

Gym 5 days a week for me. I give myself a boxing workout, train classes and do PTs every evening!

ashby de la zouch

"Yep one hr of spinning plus 2 hrs of pilates. Rocking "

Really nice mix

Manchester (she/her)

"Full body today , positive hormones flowing , seems I dont have the concept of boredom, must be my meticulous, tenacious focus

Typical leo"

ashby de la zouch

Typical leo

Looooking good fella "

Same can be said of you two

I went this morning, what about you? I did a full body workout

ashby de la zouch

"I went this morning, what about you? I did a full body workout "

Full body today shag,1500 g of fat to go hows your cut

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Out for run today just 3k ..

By *remiumChocolate_milkMan  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Been to the gym today and completed 3 sets of 32kg dumbell chest press for the first time!

Free weights only go up to 38kg

"I went this morning, what about you? I did a full body workout

Full body today shag,1500 g of fat to go hows your cut"

That is good and yes it is going fine as well, last week I started a slow bulk, how is your cut going? I am eating about 300g of carbs

Day off yesterday, just getting ready to get back there today

ashby de la zouch

Full body this lunch, 50 g carbs

Yes on Saturday

Ran for over an hour and shoulders today.

Riding tomorrow!

I had a rest day today, what about you?

I had a rest today, what about you? I walked 10000 steps as cardio

I had a good bank holiday workout earlier today and I did a full body workout, what about you?

"I had a good bank holiday workout earlier today and I did a full body workout, what about you? "

Shag I cycled 30 miles

I went yesteday, full body workout and an hours cardio

The crosstrainers in my gym have Netflix, so an hour watching Orange is the New Black lol.

"I had a good bank holiday workout earlier today and I did a full body workout, what about you?

Shag I cycled 30 miles "

That is good. I also like to cycle, it is fun

Unable to go last week due to work, gonna smash it from tomorrow! Honest

Been climbing for 3 days in Scotland back to training tomorrow

Hoping to lose the 40 pounds I gained over the last two years.

Full body workouts, 2-3 times a week and on a deficit of 2000-2200 calories a day. Squats (back squat, front squat), pulls (deadlift, power clean) and variations of the press (bench press and OHP). Weighted dips and pull-ups as accessories.

By *oc30Man  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Didn’t go today would start the week with chest and Bis tomorrow

ashby de la zouch

Weekend of climbing

Rest day today

I did swim this early morning. 54 lengths nonstop. Go me

By *udistnorthantsMan  over a year ago

Desborough

Tomorrow morning all being well. about 8.30 ish

I just joined a gym for the first time in my life today.i used to be too ashamed to even go near one (about 40lbs over weight) but just being on here has built my confidence so much. Some really nice people have given me so good advice. I have a goal of 6 months to lose the weight and tone up.

I did today first time after 2 weeks holiday, cardio

London

Gym this morning before my next PT sesh tomorrow...might go for a swim later too, cool down a little!

never been to a gym in my life my secret is ........ cake and plenty of it washed down with fully loaded caffine fuelled coffee ..kept me at a size 6 for years and never met a guy with enough stamina to out last me in bed .... cake is superfood hail the cake hail the cake

Do you even lift though bro ?!

By *heGateKeeperMan  over a year ago

Stratford

I am tomorrow. I’m so so so unfit atm and need to lose at least 13-15kg

I did my first kettlebells class last week and it's put me off, signed my life away on a gym membership for 3 months and scared to go back

By *hekaiserMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I did my first kettlebells class last week and it's put me off, signed my life away on a gym membership for 3 months and scared to go back "

Dont give up but go back...it will get easier-trust me.

I'm training for a 10k so mostly cardio for next few weeks. Will be back on the weights in Oct

"I did my first kettlebells class last week and it's put me off, signed my life away on a gym membership for 3 months and scared to go back

Dont give up but go back...it will get easier-trust me.

I'm training for a 10k so mostly cardio for next few weeks. Will be back on the weights in Oct "

Wow good luck! I think it just knocked my confidence a bit. Might give that class a miss and stick with the gym and aqua Zumba, pull up my big girl panties and get back to it.

I went this morning, what about you? I did a full body workout. I like the shoulder press, it is one of my favourite exercises

"I went this morning, what about you? I did a full body workout. I like the shoulder press, it is one of my favourite exercises "

2hrs of pilates today

I'm going tonight just keeping myself kind of in shape for the next 6 months until I have more spare time to go

ashby de la zouch

"Do you even lift though bro ?!"

Indeed I do bruuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I assume you also do some positive actions in your life , or is ridicule pretending your witty at another level your only talent

gym today , had a few days off tho. but ill catch up...

"I went this morning, what about you? I did a full body workout. I like the shoulder press, it is one of my favourite exercises

2hrs of pilates today "

That is good

I just had a tea and a baguette

By *rimson_RoseWoman  over a year ago

Lea Marston

Starting my off season strength programme this week a little earlier than usual - 16 weeks till the Christmas break. 1 day split for the first 4 weeks, full body workout then onto group specific work. Three days of cardio and some pilates in the mix at well.

By *olacolaMan  over a year ago

lincoln

Every day since my holiday wine binge!

By *irthandgirthMan  over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

I'm on week 2 of a pre deployment workout plan I came up with.. based on German Volume Training. Its absolutely disgusting. Today's workout:

10 rounds of

10 x squats @ 62.5kg

20 x toe raises @ 62.5 kg

20 press ups

20 sec speed rope

4 rounds of

Drop set thigh extension

Drop set thigh curl

1km run/bike (alternating)

5 rounds of

24" box jumps

1 min plank

Basing it on 10 x 10 of the 3 main lifts. Incrementing every time. Starting on once a week, when I deploy it will double. 3 days on, 1 of conditioning, core etc, then repeat.

I have a degenerative condition in my lower back so I cant ego lift.. see if this helps..

ashby de la zouch

"I'm on week 2 of a pre deployment workout plan I came up with.. based on German Volume Training. Its absolutely disgusting. Today's workout:

10 rounds of

10 x squats @ 62.5kg

20 press ups

20 sec speed rope

4 rounds of

Drop set thigh extension

Drop set thigh curl

5 rounds of

24" box jumps

1 min plank

Basing it on 10 x 10 of the 3 main lifts. Incrementing every time. Starting on once a week, when I deploy it will double. 3 days on, 1 of conditioning, core etc, then repeat.

I have a degenerative condition in my lower back so I cant ego lift.. see if this helps.. "

Seriously, reduce the volume and train 3 times weekly

Much much much better to do

20 reps 3 x week than 60 once as an illustration

Especially with any injury

"I'm on week 2 of a pre deployment workout plan I came up with.. based on German Volume Training. Its absolutely disgusting. Today's workout:

10 rounds of

10 x squats @ 62.5kg

20 press ups

20 sec speed rope

4 rounds of

Drop set thigh extension

Drop set thigh curl

5 rounds of

24" box jumps

1 min plank

I have a degenerative condition in my lower back so I cant ego lift.. see if this helps..

"

I'm really belligerent.. I'm not after mass, if I was my training would be different.

Training for the work I do. Need to challenge myself, i get bored easily.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I went this morning. Arms and back today.

Liverpool

"I went this morning. Arms and back today."

Just remembered I did a bit of abs too. Must have worked hard enough if I forgot about it haha!

By *otfabcouple2017Couple  over a year ago

Nottingham

Decent plan, tracking macros is definately the way to go for bodysculpting goals.

How much do you weigh? I only ask as 2700 calories for a bulk seems a little low.

Decent plan, tracking macros is definately the way to go for bodysculpting goals.

How much do you weigh? I only ask as 2700 calories for a bulk seems a little low."

Too lazy to track macros...

Just train hard eat clean (and big), supplements as necessary

ashby de la zouch

10 rounds of

10 x squats @ 62.5kg

20 press ups

20 sec speed rope

4 rounds of

Drop set thigh extension

Drop set thigh curl

5 rounds of

24" box jumps

1 min plank

I'm really belligerent.. I'm not after mass, if I was my training would be different.

Training for the work I do. Need to challenge myself, i get bored easily."

My advice was not for mass

It was to protect and condition your body

Your plan is where you want to be not where you start

Progession , for inquiry free improvement whilst allowing old injuries to correct

But hey go your way domms is so lush this time of year

ashby de la zouch

How much do you weigh? I only ask as 2700 calories for a bulk seems a little low."

I'd suggest not

My bmr is 1800 I can add muscle at 2300 without fat loss I'm 71-74 kg right now depending on nutrition cycle

I went today but the gym was shut, what are the chances ?!

ashby de la zouch

"I went today but the gym was shut, what are the chances ?!"

Predictable!!!!!

ashby de la zouch

How much do you weigh? I only ask as 2700 calories for a bulk seems a little low.

Just train hard eat clean (and big), supplements as necessary"

Why do you want to eat big , seriously all you will do is add fat

Today 1 x spin class plus 2hrs of pilates. My god I feel it today. Embrace the core

Yes this morning... upper body today and hopefully an hour of yoga this evening

Just train hard eat clean (and big), supplements as necessary

Why do you want to eat big , seriously all you will do is add fat "

My diet is pretty much chicken, eggs and veg/fruit. I'm training almost every day, so it's just fuel. I eat clean. I'm at about 13-14% body fat. I work hard often in extreme conditions so my daily intake is about 3400 if I am training hard, maybe 2000 if I am off training.

Before anyone says about carbs, they tend to bloat me and make me feel sluggish so I avoid as much as necessary.

10 rounds of

10 x squats @ 62.5kg

20 press ups

20 sec speed rope

4 rounds of

Drop set thigh extension

Drop set thigh curl

5 rounds of

24" box jumps

1 min plank

Progession , for inquiry free improvement whilst allowing old injuries to correct

"

The old injury will never correct-its an arthritic condition in L5/S1 which is why the weight is low for squats and deadlifts. I can squat double that but it fucking wrecks me.. this is a 4 month challenge with very gradual weight increases.

I tend not to get DOMS. lots of stretching and foam rolling. I find the cardio intervals helps reduce it also.

I'd suggest not

My bmr is 1800 I can add muscle at 2300 without fat loss I'm 71-74 kg right now depending on nutrition cycle

"

That is right and same here. I weigh 74kg and I am making good progress with that number as I am doing a slow bulk, slow bulk is the smart way to go as you can bulk for a whole year or 2 and still keep the 6pack

Liverpool

10 rounds of

10 x squats @ 62.5kg

20 press ups

20 sec speed rope

4 rounds of

Drop set thigh extension

Drop set thigh curl

5 rounds of

24" box jumps

1 min plank

The old injury will never correct-its an arthritic condition in L5/S1 which is why the weight is low for squats and deadlifts. I can squat double that but it fucking wrecks me.. this is a 4 month challenge with very gradual weight increases.

I tend not to get DOMS. lots of stretching and foam rolling. I find the cardio intervals helps reduce it also."

I get DOMS from doing hardly anything *cries*. I've just accepted I'm prone to it now and do lots of stretching to ease it.

Basingstoke

"I am having a rest day today, what about you? "

3.5 mile run because I couldn't be arsed today but did an hour of yoga...

Just back from the gym and an early morning session tomorrow before a fight In the afternoon. Sunday will be a well earned rest day

"I am having a rest day today, what about you?

3.5 mile run because I couldn't be arsed today but did an hour of yoga... "

That is good with a run and yoga. I also do yoga. I do ashtanga yoga, do you?

Basingstoke

"I am having a rest day today, what about you?

3.5 mile run because I couldn't be arsed today but did an hour of yoga... That is good with a run and yoga. I also do yoga. I do ashtanga yoga, do you? "

Ariel yoga but I warm up with ashtanga

Same as every day plus lots of other things and aerial silks

London

An hour of swimming today, back to the gym tomorrow for the stage of my PT's plan

By *oby BestMan  over a year ago

the shires

Yep !

Basingstoke

Only did 2 miles today... my get and go has gone...

I am yes. Now I’ve lost a stone it’s time to tone up

ashby de la zouch

"I am yes. Now I’ve lost a stone it’s time to tone up "

What do you mean, or want by that and how might you try to achieve it ?

I hate gyms, there’s far more exciting things to do to keep fit

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

I was going very regularly but took a break...had a good session this week and will go back tomorrow.

ashby de la zouch

"I hate gyms, there’s far more exciting things to do to keep fit "

I'm no great fan of habitually using a gym , however I'm a huge fan and advocate of its benefits especially when compounded with the very exciting things I do . Gym work enables us to protect ourselves doing the fun stuff , move more freely , and my fave it permits us to correct body muscular skeletal imbalances or weaknesses that can often form from perpetual mono sports or activities

Done correctly gym should give one a greater insight into their biomechanics and metabolism with hopefully a positive impact on mental focus and muscle activation

I went today, what about you? I did a quick full body workout

Hitting the gym hard again now I’m in the swing of things again so to speak

By *m3232Man  over a year ago

maidenhead

Went back today after lower back pain and holiday and put on 3kg in a month. So did a top workout and planning legs tomorrow.

By *aughtyNipplesWoman  over a year ago

newport, shrops

Wow... lovely way to pick up tips and gauge if I'm being lazy or not!

As previously posted, it's my first week back in the gym (week today!)

And it's hard....I hate cardio, prefer weights but I feel waaaaay too body conscious and tubby to go to the free weights room and work out with the hardcore....very intimidating!

However, have found a way round it....take some light dumbbells into the aerobics room and work out privately

I'll get there I'm sure of it!

Go almost every day did legs today so that’s me not walking for a few days now

By *xperimentalistMan  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Thinking about going to the gym for the first time in my life.

Not sure what is scarier, attending first ever social or meet or walking into a gym!!

Continuing my GVT based workout today. Week 2 done, up 10kg from the start point, expecting increases to slow down after next week.

10 rounds:

10 deadlifts @70kg

5 wide grip chinups

10 dips

30 sec plank

30 sec skipping

5 rounds of:

10 bent over rows @ 60kg

10 shrugs @ 60kg

5 narrow grip chinups

50 leg raises

This was just in the gym at work, so equipment was a bit limited. Just upped the work rate to compensate.

General conditioning tomorrow with lots of stretching.

Fuck it I’ll go next week

London

Was doing cool down stretches this evening and the guy next to me let off THE loudest fart while doing his hamstring stretches. They'd turned the music off too so it echoed around.

Today 1 hr spinning plus 2 hrs pilates

By *izzymonkeyMan  over a year ago

Hiding In A Bush

No gym....zzzzz

Double football instead tonight!!! Love It

By *aughtyNipplesWoman  over a year ago

newport, shrops

"No gym....zzzzz

Double football instead tonight!!! Love It "

AGAIN????? Glutton for punishment you!!!

By *izzymonkeyMan  over a year ago

Hiding In A Bush

"No gym....zzzzz

AGAIN????? Glutton for punishment you!!! "

....you know my routine NN....Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday....sometimes Thursdays....

By *MP3Man  over a year ago

Between Scylla and Charybdis

"No gym....zzzzz

AGAIN????? Glutton for punishment you!!!

....you know my routine NN....Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday....sometimes Thursdays.... "

Get yourself on a 5 day split to get the serious gainz gawn on, bro

Good went to the gym this week everyone.

By *omeotherknobheadMan  over a year ago

morecambe

i do one sit up every morning, in bed for a cigarette.

Gym for me tonight. I feel a long session coming up as the weight is starting to come off now so I can ramp up the weights a bit

Liverpool

"I am having a rest day today, what about you? "

Same. I went yesterday and I'm going again tomorrow.

By *m3232Man  over a year ago

maidenhead

Going in a bit.

I have done a new thread we can continue on

» Add a new message to this topic