FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What if I die here?

What if I die here?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ik M OP   Man  over a year ago

Lancashire

Apologies for being a bit morbid on this Sunday afternoon but I was chatting to a friend and the subject of death came up.

I’d like to think whoever was planning my funeral would let my friends know but as hardly anyone in my real life knows about Fab I doubt they’d bother to update my Fab friends.

There must be profiles out there that haven’t been accessed for time that sadly are no longer with us and a few others scratching their heads wondering whatever happened to X?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Apologies for being a bit morbid on this Sunday afternoon but I was chatting to a friend and the subject of death came up.

I’d like to think whoever was planning my funeral would let my friends know but as hardly anyone in my real life knows about Fab I doubt they’d bother to update my Fab friends.

There must be profiles out there that haven’t been accessed for time that sadly are no longer with us and a few others scratching their heads wondering whatever happened to X?

"

Will request admin to post R.I.P on status and date with message "gone for forever and forgotten"

Lancashire

"Apologies for being a bit morbid on this Sunday afternoon but I was chatting to a friend and the subject of death came up.

Will request admin to post R.I.P on status and date with message "gone for forever and forgotten" "

I’d expect nothing less if word does get out. It’s the who would notify Fab that puzzles me

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I guess that happens and as long as the people concerned are at peace, that’s all that truly matters.

Their loved ones know, friends also, passing acquaintances possibly.

There's a few profiles that are just left as they were from years ago. I sometimes wonder what happened to them.

Lancashire

"There's a few profiles that are just left as they were from years ago. I sometimes wonder what happened to them. "

Me too. Up until recently I had someone on my hotlist who hadn’t been online for 3 years. I like to think they’re living happily ever after but you just don’t know....

Ive actually thought about this before and I have a few close friends that are also fabbers but are known by my family as just friends so they will be aware. I've requested that if something happens to me that my fwb is told first so he wouldn't have to find out some other way.

For my fwb it's a little more difficult but he said he would never just stop messaging so if I didn't here from him and he didn't access his profile then I'm to presume he's dead.

Nice talk eh? Can see how my post coital talks go down

"There's a few profiles that are just left as they were from years ago. I sometimes wonder what happened to them.

Me too. Up until recently I had someone on my hotlist who hadn’t been online for 3 years. I like to think they’re living happily ever after but you just don’t know.... "

Let's imagine they won the lottery or found love and forgot all about Fab.

Lancashire

"Ive actually thought about this before and I have a few close friends that are also fabbers but are known by my family as just friends so they will be aware. I've requested that if something happens to me that my fwb is told first so he wouldn't have to find out some other way.

For my fwb it's a little more difficult but he said he would never just stop messaging so if I didn't here from him and he didn't access his profile then I'm to presume he's dead.

Nice talk eh? Can see how my post coital talks go down "

I’d be more like your fwb I guess. Now I’m beginning to understand why folk do leaving threads...

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

Funeral verifications?

What, poor taste? My apologies I will get my coat.....

"Unlike previous meetings with X where they were the life and soul of the party, they were much more subdued, but as usual, the centre of attention......."

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Portland

Perhaps fab should have a R.I.P. forum. Where members are notified by fab.

If a profile has not been active after 6 months, it will be automatically deleted after 7 days, once it has been on show in the R.I.P. forum.

This way it will notify members, that this user is no longer with us.

And then this will free up the users name, and make that name available for another member to claim.

As most new members have found out, that the name they choose first, is not always available to them.

Rest in peace non active members.

I think about this kind of thing alot.

I kinda assume that someon will go through my phone contacts and let people know, I have two or three people from fab on their so assume they would start a thread and everyone can say how marvellous I was. Although I'd prefer I was alive to read it.

Lancashire

"I think about this kind of thing alot.

I kinda assume that someon will go through my phone contacts and let people know, I have two or three people from fab on their so assume they would start a thread and everyone can say how marvellous I was. Although I'd prefer I was alive to read it. "

I’d rather my phone self combusted when it’s my time but as nobody would be able to access it I guess it’ll be no good to anyone

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Portland

"Perhaps fab should have a R.I.P. forum. Where members are notified by fab.

If a profile has not been active after 6 months, it will be automatically deleted after 7 days, once it has been on show in the R.I.P. forum.

And then this will free up the users name, and make that name available for another member to claim.

As most new members have found out, that the name they choose first, is not always available to them.

Rest in peace non active members."

And if by some chance. the original member of a said name, returns. after the set time. Their profile will show that they were formerly know as.

If a previous undesirable lays claim to an honourable person name. That to would show up as, previously known as, !

Then you will also know, and think, !!! Oh no. Not that fucking idiot.

Lancashire

Rest in peace non active members.And if by some chance. the original member of a said name, returns. after the set time. Their profile will show that they were formerly know as.

If a previous undesirable lays claim to an honourable person name. That to would show up as, previously known as, !

Then you will also know, and think, !!! Oh no. Not that fucking idiot."

I think you’re onto something here!

They could still join in on the spiritualist and ghost threads.

Weirdly enough I have thought about this too, I wouldnt want people to think I had actually ghosted them and just stopped talking

Lancashire

"Weirdly enough I have thought about this too, I wouldnt want people to think I had actually ghosted them and just stopped talking

"

That’s pretty much the angle I was approaching this from. Glad I’m not the only crank here

"Weirdly enough I have thought about this too, I wouldnt want people to think I had actually ghosted them and just stopped talking

That’s pretty much the angle I was approaching this from. Glad I’m not the only crank here "

We are considerate even from beyond the grave

By *orksRockerMan  over a year ago

Bradford

..... "Who'll be my role model

Now that my role model is gone, gone?"

He ducked back down the alley

With some roly-poly little bat-faced girl"

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

I don't know stick it in your Will "In the event of my sudden death will you please be so kind as to log onto Fabswingers and let my friends there know I'll meet them in Hell some day soon".

Lancashire

"I don't know stick it in your Will "In the event of my sudden death will you please be so kind as to log onto Fabswingers and let my friends there know I'll meet them in Hell some day soon"."

When I get round to writing one I’ll slip it in there

Lancashire

"..... "Who'll be my role model

Now that my role model is gone, gone?"

He ducked back down the alley

With some roly-poly little bat-faced girl""

Thank you Al

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I don't know stick it in your Will "In the event of my sudden death will you please be so kind as to log onto Fabswingers and let my friends there know I'll meet them in Hell some day soon".

When I get round to writing one I’ll slip it in there "

Don't you roll your eyes at me...

Lancashire

"I don't know stick it in your Will "In the event of my sudden death will you please be so kind as to log onto Fabswingers and let my friends there know I'll meet them in Hell some day soon".

When I get round to writing one I’ll slip it in there

Don't you roll your eyes at me..."

As if I would! It’s my fat thumb...honestly!

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Rest in peace non active members."

Fine in theory but consider better extending to 1 year.

People can disappear off the grid for reasons beyond their control.

EG. They could have an accident,rendering themselves incapacitated for weeks or months. Serious illness (themselves or close family), Divorce and the list goes on, all making contact with FAB well down the list of priorities!

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

My partners profile is still here, I messaged to say he had passed away but they didn’t delete it, he appears on old threads every now and again and it kills me I wish they would just delete it off the site

Onestepoutofthedoor

"My partners profile is still here, I messaged to say he had passed away but they didn’t delete it, he appears on old threads every now and again and it kills me I wish they would just delete it off the site "

Can you not message one of the moderators to see if they can help you

"

i thought this exact thing the other week when i thought i was having a heart attack

» Add a new message to this topic