FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Premier League Thread...2019/20-Part 2

Premier League Thread...2019/20-Part 2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ot-Ash OP   Man  over a year ago

London

Liverpool beat Arsenal 3-1 on Saturday to make it 3 wins in a row....

Tottenham take on Newcastle this afternoon....

Any comments or predictions for todays matches?.....

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

as any arsenal fan i don't think we played that badly yesterday.... i was more encouraged than discouraged

when we get the full backs available... i think we are going to be not in a bad position.... and i think we all realised that david luiz was going to have those moments, so it was the devil you know....

as long as we beat the spuds next weekend.... 9 out of 12 going into thew international break is a good start!

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Tottenham win and continue the trend next weekend

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

Spurs win today but only just !

But then I’m a red !! What do I know ? How we lost to Palace yesterday is beyond me . VAR a bloody shambles

London

"as any arsenal fan i don't think we played that badly yesterday.... i was more encouraged than discouraged

when we get the full backs available... i think we are going to be not in a bad position.... and i think we all realised that david luiz was going to have those moments, so it was the devil you know....

as long as we beat the spuds next weekend.... 9 out of 12 going into thew international break is a good start!"

I was surprised that Arsenal played that formation as Liverpools full backs were able to take advantage of so much free space and really made the Gunners pay for it...

I liked the look of Pepe and think he will be a great signing....

London

"Tottenham win and continue the trend next weekend "

What do you think the result will be today?.....

No one predicted that Palace would win at Man Utd yesterday....

London

"Spurs win today but only just !

But then I’m a red !! What do I know ? How we lost to Palace yesterday is beyond me . VAR a bloody shambles "

That was a big shock on Saturday...

Will Pogba demand that he takes the next penalty now?!

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

I was surprised that Arsenal played that formation as Liverpools full backs were able to take advantage of so much free space and really made the Gunners pay for it...

I liked the look of Pepe and think he will be a great signing...."

pepe looks like the don..... i think the mistake unai made was setting the diamond narrow... ceballos is ultra talented, but he has that ozil "passenger" thing to him when he can't get into the game.....

next week... the "trinity" start... pepe on the right, auba on the left, laca down the middle... and if he is then going to go with 3 in the middle then i go with guendouzi, Torriera and Willock.....

i think we can/will take totten out next week... another one like the 4-2 last year would not go a miss... lol

On a mooch

"Tottenham win and continue the trend next weekend

No one predicted that Palace would win at Man Utd yesterday.... "

I’m going for 3-0 but they could sneak a goal. Son will be back on a sunny smiling day, so fitting he starts his tally this game

Though yes especially my CP mates but hey that’s the joy of the PL you never know and VAR will decide a lot this season

London

I’m going for 3-0 but they could sneak a goal. Son will be back on a sunny smiling day, so fitting he starts his tally this game

Though yes especially my CP mates but hey that’s the joy of the PL you never know and VAR will decide a lot this season "

Any news on when Dele Ali will return?...

oldham

But then I’m a red !! What do I know ? How we lost to Palace yesterday is beyond me . VAR a bloody shambles

Will Pogba demand that he takes the next penalty now?!"

Your guess is as good as mine . Personally I’d stick with Rashford he struck it well ,,, fine margins !!!

I’d sell pogba in a blink . He’s a show pony with no heart

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Harry Kane will net a hat-trick today

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 25/08/19 12:52:15]

On a mooch

Though yes especially my CP mates but hey that’s the joy of the PL you never know and VAR will decide a lot this season

Any news on when Dele Ali will return?..."

He’s back first team training, it’s whether Poch deems him fit enough. Could be today, just waiting for the team news

London

Your guess is as good as mine . Personally I’d stick with Rashford he struck it well ,,, fine margins !!!

I’d sell pogba in a blink . He’s a show pony with no heart "

I imagine you'd like Sanchez to leave also even if only on loan this summer to get him out?...

London

"Harry Kane will net a hat-trick today "

I hope so as he is in my fantasy football team!

"Harry Kane will net a hat-trick today

I hope so as he is in my fantasy football team!"

Captain

"Harry Kane will net a hat-trick today

I hope so as he is in my fantasy football team!

Captain "

For fuck sake

London

It was a weekend of shock results!...first Palace winning at Utd then Newcastle getting a victory at Spurs...

Newcastle and Gateshead

so.... are spuds fans still confident about next weekends trip to the "wonderland" then.......

sorry... just stopped laughing! not even the newcastle fans i knew had hope.....

nice to know they can still go full on "spursy" at times.....

As an Arsenal fan, looking forward to face Spurs next week.

On a mooch

Yesterday was pants to put it bluntly, no shape; defenders all out of position, strikers playing wingers; no inspiration at all. Well done Newcastle!

They better wake up before next weekend and get their heads in the game, been dire - your a team work like one !!

oldham

"Yesterday was pants to put it bluntly, no shape; defenders all out of position, strikers playing wingers; no inspiration at all. Well done Newcastle!

They better wake up before next weekend and get their heads in the game, been dire - your a team work like one !! "

You’ll turn Arsenal over next week ,,,don’t forget they’ve got David Luiz in the shambles they call a back 4

oldham

I imagine you'd like Sanchez to leave also even if only on loan this summer to get him out?..."

Absolutely,,,, for the life of me I think we only signed him to spite City at the time

But then I’m a red !! What do I know ? How we lost to Palace yesterday is beyond me . We're a bloody shambles "

that's better

"Yesterday was pants to put it bluntly, no shape; defenders all out of position, strikers playing wingers; no inspiration at all. Well done Newcastle!

They better wake up before next weekend and get their heads in the game, been dire - your a team work like one !!

You’ll turn Arsenal over next week ,,,don’t forget they’ve got David Luiz in the shambles they call a back 4 "

Our back 4 is shambles. But our attack is more than capable to make up for it. As the match is in Emirates, I am betting on Arsenal to win. Would be a different story in away matches though.

oldham

You’ll turn Arsenal over next week ,,,don’t forget they’ve got David Luiz in the shambles they call a back 4

Our back 4 is shambles. But our attack is more than capable to make up for it. As the match is in Emirates, I am betting on Arsenal to win. Would be a different story in away matches though."

As a red I’ll settle for a draw . I think both our teams are 3 players off being contenders. But apart from Liverpool and City I think it’s going to be a very open season

Our back 4 is shambles. But our attack is more than capable to make up for it. As the match is in Emirates, I am betting on Arsenal to win. Would be a different story in away matches though.

As a red I’ll settle for a draw . I think both our teams are 3 players off being contenders. But apart from Liverpool and City I think it’s going to be a very open season"

Yes. Would be an interesting fight for top 4.

So who do you reckon is going to finish highest outside of the traditional big 6? Toss up for me between Leicester & Wolves, wouldn't be surprised at all if one or even both took a top 6 spot, and a top 4 is not out of the question.

oldham

"So who do you reckon is going to finish highest outside of the traditional big 6? Toss up for me between Leicester & Wolves, wouldn't be surprised at all if one or even both took a top 6 spot, and a top 4 is not out of the question."

Yep I’ll roll with that . There won’t be many take points from Leicester or Wolves this year

"So who do you reckon is going to finish highest outside of the traditional big 6? Toss up for me between Leicester & Wolves, wouldn't be surprised at all if one or even both took a top 6 spot, and a top 4 is not out of the question."

I would add Burnley to that list. They have a stable defence. They already have Barnes on fire. If they can get on without injuries, they could do well.

"So who do you reckon is going to finish highest outside of the traditional big 6? Toss up for me between Leicester & Wolves, wouldn't be surprised at all if one or even both took a top 6 spot, and a top 4 is not out of the question.

I would add Burnley to that list. They have a stable defence. They already have Barnes on fire. If they can get on without injuries, they could do well."

Hmmm maybe but I'm not convinced. Gut feel is they don't have enough depth in their squad, but time will tell

"So who do you reckon is going to finish highest outside of the traditional big 6? Toss up for me between Leicester & Wolves, wouldn't be surprised at all if one or even both took a top 6 spot, and a top 4 is not out of the question.

Yep I’ll roll with that . There won’t be many take points from Leicester or Wolves this year "

For me, depends who has the least distractions from cup runs, so I give Leicester the edge given that they are not in Europe

oldham

Yep I’ll roll with that . There won’t be many take points from Leicester or Wolves this year

For me, depends who has the least distractions from cup runs, so I give Leicester the edge given that they are not in Europe"

And you’ve now got Brendan Rodgers

London

I imagine you'd like Sanchez to leave also even if only on loan this summer to get him out?...

Absolutely,,,, for the life of me I think we only signed him to spite City at the time "

It looks like Sanchez is going to Inter Milan on loan....

London

Sad to hear about Bury this morning....

Will Bolton go the same way?

oldham

Absolutely,,,, for the life of me I think we only signed him to spite City at the time

It looks like Sanchez is going to Inter Milan on loan.... "

I bloody well hope so

For me, depends who has the least distractions from cup runs, so I give Leicester the edge given that they are not in Europe

And you’ve now got Brendan Rodgers "

And very happy about it I am too

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

One of the reasons I don't care too much if Cardiff go up or down is 'I'm just grateful we are still going'.

I find it disgusting that some clubs and their players are minted beyond imagination.

Look at Bury and Bolton, rivals, a hotbed of football in that part of the world and yet by the looks allowed to vanish.

Surely it wouldn't take much to rescue both these teams?

Football, you need to sort your shirt out and save these two teams. It goes far further than the sport itself.

Our clubs are part of our communities. Fathers, fathers used to take their kids and that gets passed down the line.

I wish I knew the answer but I pray that BOTH these clubs are saved.

oldham

"One of the reasons I don't care too much if Cardiff go up or down is 'I'm just grateful we are still going'.

I find it disgusting that some clubs and their players are minted beyond imagination.

Look at Bury and Bolton, rivals, a hotbed of football in that part of the world and yet by the looks allowed to vanish.

Football, you need to sort your shirt out and save these two teams. It goes far further than the sport itself.

Our clubs are part of our communities. Fathers, fathers used to take their kids and that gets passed down the line.

I wish I knew the answer but I pray that BOTH these clubs are saved."

Well said

By *panddownMan  over a year ago

Broughton

"One of the reasons I don't care too much if Cardiff go up or down is 'I'm just grateful we are still going'.

I wish I knew the answer but I pray that BOTH these clubs are saved."

Couldn’t agree more - so upsetting for the fans that have supported these teams over the years and who may have invested hard earned cash on season tickets this year.

Then there are the people who have been loyal employees of the clubs who may not have been paid for a while.

Then there are the communities and family ties, the supporting businesses in the area and so on.

I have no links to either Bolton or Bury but real heartfelt sadness from genuine supporters of many clubs.

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

Bookmarking

Cardiff

I wish I knew the answer but I pray that BOTH these clubs are saved.

Couldn’t agree more - so upsetting for the fans that have supported these teams over the years and who may have invested hard earned cash on season tickets this year.

Then there are the people who have been loyal employees of the clubs who may not have been paid for a while.

Then there are the communities and family ties, the supporting businesses in the area and so on.

I have no links to either Bolton or Bury but real heartfelt sadness from genuine supporters of many clubs."

You'll probably find security/stewards/cleaners/ticket staff all on minimum wage. It's not all about the £5k a week that I imagine Bolton players are on.

That's a huge amount to us lot in here but loose change to the Championship and then Premier league players.

1% of their wages could save both these clubs but you can't make a precedent.

I've seen fans buy the club and I think Newport is an example of this, took a while but they are doing okay now.

Cardiff

Bolton have been rescued and are out of administration. A football club and a whole lot of jobs saved. Fantastic news.

Someone save Bury now. We have only had one month of the season so far. Let's hope it's not a sign of things to come.

London

West Ham take on Norwich this weekend and I think we should win this one fairly easily...

Other fixtures include Southampton v Man Utd at 12.30 pm on Saturday...

The pick of this round of games can only be the North London derby...

Both sides lost last week in the PL so will want to get back to winning ways...

who will win?...Will it be Arsenal or Tottenham?

"West Ham take on Norwich this weekend and I think we should win this one fairly easily...

Other fixtures include Southampton v Man Utd at 12.30 pm on Saturday...

The pick of this round of games can only be the North London derby...

Both sides lost last week in the PL so will want to get back to winning ways...

who will win?...Will it be Arsenal or Tottenham?"

Got a draw written all over it

London

Its finished Southampton 1-1 Man Utd

Good draw for the Saints....

Utd have now not won their last 2 PL matches....

By *ensualbicockMan  over a year ago

liverpool wavertree picton clock

COME ON BURNLEY

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

We managed to turn a potential 2 - 1 into a 2 - 2.

Well done Zouma.

Again.

London

"COME ON BURNLEY "

It was an easy win for Liverpool in the end...13 in a row for them now...

London

"We managed to turn a potential 2 - 1 into a 2 - 2.

Well done Zouma.

Again. "

what did he do?.....

London

I was happy with West Hams 2-0 win against Norwich....

Our new striker Haller is doing very well with 3 goals in 2 matches...

Its been a good August for the Hammers...

London

So its the North London derby this afternoon...

Any predictions for this match today?....

"I was happy with West Hams 2-0 win against Norwich....

Its been a good August for the Hammers..."

Norwich need to sort themselves out & sharp , yes they play nice football but got to find the net , yep we’re known as the yo yo club

"COME ON BURNLEY

It was an easy win for Liverpool in the end...13 in a row for them now... "

But it could have been 5-0 if it weren’t for Mo Salah’s greed. After Mane’s outburst I’m guessing that they are losing patience with him. I did a while ago. He gets too desperate to score and completely loses focus on the fact football is a team game.

I think Arsenal may win today but the most likely outcome and preferred one for me would be a draw.

London

"I was happy with West Hams 2-0 win against Norwich....

Its been a good August for the Hammers...

Norwich need to sort themselves out & sharp , yes they play nice football but got to find the net , yep we’re known as the yo yo club "

Its no good playing nice pretty football if you're going to either concede too many or as you say not find the back of the net...

I think Pukki will score if he gets the service and you have a couple of great prospects in Cantwell and Aarons....

London

"COME ON BURNLEY

But it could have been 5-0 if it weren’t for Mo Salah’s greed. After Mane’s outburst I’m guessing that they are losing patience with him. I did a while ago. He gets too desperate to score and completely loses focus on the fact football is a team game.

I think Arsenal may win today but the most likely outcome and preferred one for me would be a draw."

I did wonder what Mane's outburst was about when he came off...Even though Salah can be very selfish and not always pass to a team mate he is still an amazing player....

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"So its the North London derby this afternoon...

Any predictions for this match today?...."

Don't make predictions, but is always a tough one to call anyway - if Spurs play like they did last Sunday then we could be in serious trouble - need to start with Eriksen and Vertonghen too

On a mooch

Any predictions for this match today?...."

Last two seasons at theirs we were expecting/expected to win as playing so well and they weren’t and look what happened

So a bit of reverse psychology... we are playing crap so we are going to win haha

Seriously though the North London Derby is a hard one to call, but it’s always a cracking game. COYS !!

Last two seasons at theirs we were expecting/expected to win as playing so well and they weren’t and look what happened

So a bit of reverse psychology... we are playing crap so we are going to win haha

Seriously though the North London Derby is a hard one to call, but it’s always a cracking game. COYS !!

"

Arsenal 2 1!!!

London

Don't make predictions, but is always a tough one to call anyway - if Spurs play like they did last Sunday then we could be in serious trouble - need to start with Eriksen and Vertonghen too "

Its now September so Kane might start scoring again if he gets any chances..

Don't make predictions, but is always a tough one to call anyway - if Spurs play like they did last Sunday then we could be in serious trouble - need to start with Eriksen and Vertonghen too

Its now September so Kane might start scoring again if he gets any chances.. "

He scored twice in August this year!! But fingers crossed #COYS

Draw please, or a Spurs win. Don't want Arsenal leap frogging us into 3rd!

London

"

I think Arsenal should be slight favourites as they are at home but were terrible at Liverpool last week so it could all depend on what Emery's tactics are today!...He does like to tinker...

London

"Draw please, or a Spurs win. Don't want Arsenal leap frogging us into 3rd!"

you must be delighted with Leicester's start to the season....

I think you guys and my Hammers could challenge the top 6 this season....

Everton v Wolves ........3-1 the blues

"COME ON BURNLEY

I think Arsenal may win today but the most likely outcome and preferred one for me would be a draw.

I did wonder what Mane's outburst was about when he came off...Even though Salah can be very selfish and not always pass to a team mate he is still an amazing player...."

He could be even more amazing if he develops more of a team ethic. He’s quite self absorbed. His Twitter account is just full of pictures of himself

"Everton v Wolves ........3-1 the blues "

Optimistic.

"Draw please, or a Spurs win. Don't want Arsenal leap frogging us into 3rd!

you must be delighted with Leicester's start to the season....

I think you guys and my Hammers could challenge the top 6 this season...."

Absolutely, everything looking rosy in the King Power garden at the moment. We blew Bournemouth away yesterday, most of the second half was like watching training ground keep ball exercises.

I suspect a few teams are eyeing a potential top 6 slot this season, could be there for the taking

In a town Fab forgot

"We managed to turn a potential 2 - 1 into a 2 - 2.

Well done Zouma.

Again.

what did he do?....."

Own goal in the 89th minute.

2 All instead of 2 1.

Marking was shite for Sheffield opener too.

Twat gave away a Pen recently, that cost us points too.

Can't make my mind up if he's shite or trying too hard.

I'm erring on shite at the moment....

"Everton v Wolves ........3-1 the blues

Optimistic. "

What an opening 11 mins

"Everton v Wolves ........3-1 the blues

Optimistic.

What an opening 11 mins "

Good result

"Draw please, or a Spurs win. Don't want Arsenal leap frogging us into 3rd!"

Cardiff

Three superb games today. I was out of breath watching Rangers and Celtic, it was frantic. 100 mph football. From the outside looking in its good to see an improved Rangers.

The last 20 min of the Arsenal and Spurs game was exciting as well. 39 attempts on goal in total. The keepers were on good form.

The day has been well spent on the sofa sobering up from last night

Arsenal played better than Spurs and should have won. Harry Kane disappointedly looking for a penalty.

Come on ye Reds. Ooh to, ooh to be, ooh to be, a GOONER

By *aptain VMan  over a year ago

Birstall, Leicester

"Draw please, or a Spurs win. Don't want Arsenal leap frogging us into 3rd!

"

Leicester are safe now and 3rd for the next 2 week's

By *aptain VMan  over a year ago

Birstall, Leicester

"Arsenal played better than Spurs and should have won. Harry Kane disappointedly looking for a penalty.

Come on ye Reds. Ooh to, ooh to be, ooh to be, a GOONER "

Lets see how arsenal do. They did well to get a draw today

London

"Arsenal played better than Spurs and should have won. Harry Kane disappointedly looking for a penalty.

Come on ye Reds. Ooh to, ooh to be, ooh to be, a GOONER "

It was a shocking dive by Harry Kane at the end!..

who was your man on the match?

London

I enjoyed the NLD yesterday...It was a very open game full of incidents...

It was a good come back by Arsenal who i thought were the better team and deserved at least a draw...

No PL football now for next 2 weeks as England are playing....

In a town Fab forgot

"I enjoyed the NLD yesterday...It was a very open game full of incidents...

It was a good come back by Arsenal who i thought were the better team and deserved at least a draw...

No PL football now for next 2 weeks as England are playing...."

Apparently the Spurs v Arsenal game is officially the dirtiest game in the PL, overtaking Liverpool v Man Utd.

London

The PL is back after the international break...

Liverpool take on Newcastle at 12.30 pm..

Man Utd play Leicester at 3 pm and Spurs take on Palace in a London derby...

Can Norwich trouble Man City at Carrow Road this evening?....

"The PL is back after the international break...

Can Norwich trouble Man City at Carrow Road this evening?...."

Somehow I think only for first half then Man City will change gear & destroy Norwich, shame but there you go

Super franks Chelsea to win 2-1 against wolves and all are rivals to lose or draw so we can get back in the race.

oldham

Can Norwich trouble Man City at Carrow Road this evening?...."

I never thought I'd hear myself say it but I think Leicester will be too strong for us today at old trafford

Can Norwich trouble Man City at Carrow Road this evening?....

I never thought I'd hear myself say it but I think Leicester will be too strong for us today at old trafford "

It's definitely a game we feel we should get something out of, but time will tell......

In a town Fab forgot

"Super franks Chelsea to win 2-1 against wolves and all are rivals to lose or draw so we can get back in the race. "

I was just looking at the fixtures and tables and thought exactly the same.

Although, wolves did us last season and their manager was tipped to take over after Sarri. ..

Liverpool are 1-0 down

What a hit

What a goal c’mon Newcastle

"What a goal c’mon Newcastle "

Yeah abit lucky though

Most time it get sliced wide lol hitting corner flag

What a goal.

Another rocket

Mane is class to be fair.

Liverpools most Important player.

"Liverpools most Important player. "

Big Virg

"Liverpools most Important player.

Big Virg "

He certainly has an auroa about him. Players almost seem afraid to run at him. But mane has scored so many first goals and equalisers over the past year. Salah is a stat padder.

Big Virg

He certainly has an auroa about him. Players almost seem afraid to run at him. But mane has scored so many first goals and equalisers over the past year. Salah is a stat padder."

Mane joint top scorer last year, with penalties, and continuing on this year.

That said its the sum of the parts, no one player....robertson's tackle in the 20minute changed the atmosphere, goals being conceded without Allison, frimhno assist with 2nd touch within 4 minutes of coming on.

Big Virg

He certainly has an auroa about him. Players almost seem afraid to run at him. But mane has scored so many first goals and equalisers over the past year. Salah is a stat padder.

Mane joint top scorer last year, with penalties, and continuing on this year.

That said its the sum of the parts, no one player....robertson's tackle in the 20minute changed the atmosphere, goals being conceded without Allison, frimhno assist with 2nd touch within 4 minutes of coming on."

*without penalties i meant

London

Its 2-1 to Liverpool now with Sadio Mane scoring both goals and 30 mins left to play...

Norwich 1 up

2 now

London

What a first half for Norwich!

In a town Fab forgot

How did my boys do Ash?

"What a first half for Norwich!"

It'll probably end up 2-5

Nice to see my beloved Spurs finally find their stride - hopefully now all the nonsense of the transfer window is over the squad will settle and we'll be back on form.

Oh and come on you Canaries!!

Otamendi and Stones are shocking

Never rated Otamendi

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Flintshire

Norwich have been the better team today. City have looked toothless for once

"Never rated Otamendi "

Hopefully he can retain his place untill January at the very least

London

"How did my boys do Ash?

"

Great performance by Chelsea this afternoon Stingly...

Abraham was so good today he even scored a goal for the opposition!...

I hope the blues will continue to stick with these young English players in the team as they all have tremendous potential...

London

"Nice to see my beloved Spurs finally find their stride - hopefully now all the nonsense of the transfer window is over the squad will settle and we'll be back on form.

Oh and come on you Canaries!! "

Are you disappointed it only finished 4-0 today?!

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Good day for the Saints!

London

Congrats to Norwich today...Brilliant 3-2 victory against Man City

"Congrats to Norwich today...Brilliant 3-2 victory against Man City "

"Congrats to Norwich today...Brilliant 3-2 victory against Man City

"

They played well

They played well "

Can’t believe it , happy bunnies here

They played well

Can’t believe it , happy bunnies here "

And it’s a youngish team so have a good chance of staying up

They played well

And it’s a youngish team so have a good chance of staying up"

Yes really hope we do , great team spirit going on at present

They played well

And it’s a youngish team so have a good chance of staying up

Yes really hope we do , great team spirit going on at present "

True true but we beat you lol

In a town Fab forgot

"How did my boys do Ash?

Great performance by Chelsea this afternoon Stingly...

Abraham was so good today he even scored a goal for the opposition!...

I hope the blues will continue to stick with these young English players in the team as they all have tremendous potential..."

I've got Abraham in my FF team.

He's doing me proud at the moment.

I'd say they have the best potential in young players since United's Beckham, Scholes, Giggs etc era.

I have high hopes.....

"Nice to see my beloved Spurs finally find their stride - hopefully now all the nonsense of the transfer window is over the squad will settle and we'll be back on form.

Oh and come on you Canaries!!

Are you disappointed it only finished 4-0 today?!"

Not at all - while it would have been nice to have got a hatful it's often the case in football that when a team goes 3 or 4 up before half time that they take their foot off the pedal in the second half unless the other team start to make a comeback. Think it's a combination of the break taking away the momentum, the natural instinct of job done and conserving energy for the next game.

Liverpool owe Norwich a pint.

London

Its Watford v Arsenal and Bournemouth v Everton today....

The Hornets fired another manager last week and have brought back a previous one they sacked!

"Its Watford v Arsenal and Bournemouth v Everton today....

The Hornets fired another manager last week and have brought back a previous one they sacked!"

Are they the new Chelsea???

"Liverpool owe Norwich a pint. "

Otamendi deserves one as well

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

The Hornets fired another manager last week and have brought back a previous one they sacked!"

. I fancy Everton and Arsenal wins although after the international break things don’t always go to plan for a team that was on a roll before the break as Man City found out yesterday.To be fair to Watford they have had this hire and fire policy for a few years now and in terms of keeping them in the premiership it has worked for them.

London

The Hornets fired another manager last week and have brought back a previous one they sacked!

Are they the new Chelsea???"

They haven't been banned yet from signing new players but do get through lots of managers!

London

The Hornets fired another manager last week and have brought back a previous one they sacked!. I fancy Everton and Arsenal wins although after the international break things don’t always go to plan for a team that was on a roll before the break as Man City found out yesterday.To be fair to Watford they have had this hire and fire policy for a few years now and in terms of keeping them in the premiership it has worked for them."

One day that policy will back fire and they will end up in the Championship which is not easy to get promoted from.

LaCazette is out for the Gunners while Ozil is still not ready to make his return...

Edmonton

The Hornets fired another manager last week and have brought back a previous one they sacked!. I fancy Everton and Arsenal wins although after the international break things don’t always go to plan for a team that was on a roll before the break as Man City found out yesterday.To be fair to Watford they have had this hire and fire policy for a few years now and in terms of keeping them in the premiership it has worked for them.

One day that policy will back fire and they will end up in the Championship which is not easy to get promoted from.

LaCazette is out for the Gunners while Ozil is still not ready to make his return..."

. True the policy may back fire but this is their 5th season in the premiership and as far as I am aware they have never really been in the relegation dogfight.Ozil missing may not be that big a deal as to me it still seems the manager doesn’t trust him to perform on a regular basis

Cardiff

Well done to Norwich for last night. The effort was there, what superseded me was how they beat Man City tactically.

Man City should of won and blew their chances but Norwich didn't.

Wish we had more matches like that last season.

Fantastic to see from a neutral's point of view (that would enjoy Liverpool winning the league). Yeah well done Norwich

By *portsfan04Man  over a year ago

London/Essex

Canaries did me proud last night.

6 from 5 games? I'd have taken that 2 months ago!

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Ozil starts.

London

Bournemouth 3-1 Everton

Evertons terrible away form continues...

In a town Fab forgot

Are they the new Chelsea???"

That was my first thought.

London

Arsenal blew a 2-0 lead at Vicarage Road on Sunday...

The Gunners looked well in control at half time but Watford looked like a different side in the 2nd half and launched a sterling comeback to earn a deserved draw...

Can the Arsenal forget about a top 4 finish if they keep dropping points like this?

In a town Fab forgot

"Arsenal blew a 2-0 lead at Vicarage Road on Sunday...

The Gunners looked well in control at half time but Watford looked like a different side in the 2nd half and launched a sterling comeback to earn a deserved draw...

Can the Arsenal forget about a top 4 finish if they keep dropping points like this?"

Hopefully yes. Chelsea will be happy to take their place.

London

The Norwich team on Saturday only cost £6 million while Man City's side cost a whopping £436 million!

Its Aston Villa v West Ham tonight....

If the Hammers win we could go 3rd in the table!...

"The Norwich team on Saturday only cost £6 million while Man City's side cost a whopping £436 million!

If the Hammers win we could go 3rd in the table!..."

I'll take a 3-3 draw tonight with hat-tricks for Grealish and Yarmolenko - I need the fantasy league points!!

Meanwhile in the real world...should be an interesting game, I predict at least a point for the team that normally plays in claret and blue

In a town Fab forgot

"The Norwich team on Saturday only cost £6 million while Man City's side cost a whopping £436 million!

If the Hammers win we could go 3rd in the table!..."

To quote the Spartans; "if"

On a mooch

I'll take a 3-3 draw tonight with hat-tricks for Grealish and Yarmolenko - I need the fantasy league points!!

Meanwhile in the real world...should be an interesting game, I predict at least a point for the team that normally plays in claret and blue "

Sitting on the fence

London

It was a disappointing match really but I'm happy with the away point after going down to 10 men with 20 mins to go...

You don't often see players from the same team confronting each other but the clash between Mings and El Gazzi was the most exciting thing that happened in this match...I though the ref might send them both off at one point!

London

"

It didn't happen but I'm still fairly pleased with West Hams start to the season apart from when City thrashed at home on the opening day...8 points from 5 matches isn't too bad although are next game is at home to Man Utd on Sunday!

Meanwhile in the real world...should be an interesting game, I predict at least a point for the team that normally plays in claret and blue

Sitting on the fence "

Damn foiled again - these splinters are a beggar too!!

In a town Fab forgot

It didn't happen but I'm still fairly pleased with West Hams start to the season apart from when City thrashed at home on the opening day...8 points from 5 matches isn't too bad although are next game is at home to Man Utd on Sunday!"

The omens weren't good on opening day, same for my boys.

But we both seem to be heading in the right direction now.

London

It wasn't a great match but I'm very happy with West Ham's 2-0 win against Man Utd on Sunday...great free kick from Cresswell....

Leicester beat Tottenham 2-1 while Arsenal came from behind to beat Aston Villa.

I thought Chelsea were unlucky not to draw with Liverpool and played very well.

In a town Fab forgot

"It wasn't a great match but I'm very happy with West Ham's 2-0 win against Man Utd on Sunday...great free kick from Cresswell....

Leicester beat Tottenham 2-1 while Arsenal came from behind to beat Aston Villa.

I thought Chelsea were unlucky not to draw with Liverpool and played very well."

I've not watched the game yet, talk in the office a draw would have been a fair result.

Great result for the Hammers and Leicester.

Cardiff

Why didn't Sterling play?

I've lost a shed load of fantasy points there.

I hope Pep gets moth holes in his knitted jumper

In a town Fab forgot

"Why didn't Sterling play?

I hope Pep gets moth holes in his knitted jumper "

Same here.

I've got Aguero up front and in an 8 goal fest he only got 1 of them.

"Why didn't Sterling play?

I hope Pep gets moth holes in his knitted jumper

Same here.

I've got Aguero up front and in an 8 goal fest he only got 1 of them. "

Aguero captain, KDB and the 53 minute man Kyle Walker

London

This weekend Liverpool will be looking for 16 PL wins in a row away at Sheff Utd....Can the Blades stop them?......

Everton take on champions Man City at Goodison Park....

My Hammers have a point to prove away at Bournemouth after being humiliated by Oxford in the league cup the other night...

Any thoughts on this weekends matches?...

In a town Fab forgot

My boys home to Brighton. Looking for our first PL home win for Frank; this could be it.

Confidence should be up after the Carabo cup win, fans still very much behind Frank, young squad looking to prove a point.

The omens are good.

Potential banana skin team though.

I'm on my way to Edinburgh for The early KO. Hope we can keep up the 100% start to the season. Mon the Hoops

By *isnerdsCouple  over a year ago

Shropshire

"This weekend Liverpool will be looking for 16 PL wins in a row away at Sheff Utd....Can the Blades stop them?......

My Hammers have a point to prove away at Bournemouth after being humiliated by Oxford in the league cup the other night...

Any thoughts on this weekends matches?..."

We haven’t won at Bramall Lane in the last 6 visits there. Should have more than enough to do it today though. City have their annual gimme later at Everton! Looking through, can’t really see where an upset may happen today??

London

"My boys home to Brighton. Looking for our first PL home win for Frank; this could be it.

Confidence should be up after the Carabo cup win, fans still very much behind Frank, young squad looking to prove a point.

The omens are good.

Potential banana skin team though."

will be very surprised if you dont get your first PL home win this afternoon....

London

"This weekend Liverpool will be looking for 16 PL wins in a row away at Sheff Utd....Can the Blades stop them?......

Any thoughts on this weekends matches?...

We haven’t won at Bramall Lane in the last 6 visits there. Should have more than enough to do it today though. City have their annual gimme later at Everton! Looking through, can’t really see where an upset may happen today?? "

Tottenham are in a bit of a mess at the moment so could be an upset if Southampton can take advantage from start...

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Playing well but have been let down by a couple of very poor refereeing decisions which hopefully will even itself out and even var has been poor for us and not done it's job

Would get rid of var and sky money in a second as I think it can only be the start of more technology ruining the "beautiful game" that is a huge part of my life.

I can see it leading to more of a NFL type game with quarters and breaks(so adverts can be shown to feed the cash cow more) specialist players being brought on for penalties, free kicks etc

Ffs it's a ball filled with air, a pitch, goals and 22 players that has done alright without massive technological changes for century's (I'm pretty sure early cavemen kicked something around)

Oops sorry I digressed, anything other than 3 points today will be a huge diss appointment but it won't be easy to break down a side that will come to us organised, tough and will have a plan to park the bus and hit us on the break.

I've got my pre home match ritual plan in place and can already taste my pie and first of several pints and can smell the burger and onions vans surrounding the ground.

Taking a single mums child to the game today to give her a break and she can't afford tickets and I hope he'll remember it for the rest of his life and that it sparks a lifetime of passion for the game (fingers crossed that he's not priced out of going to live games himself when he grows up and that he doesn't become a corporate sky couch supporter)

Sorry to the op as it's not the comment he probably wanted

London

"Playing well but have been let down by a couple of very poor refereeing decisions which hopefully will even itself out and even var has been poor for us and not done it's job

Would get rid of var and sky money in a second as I think it can only be the start of more technology ruining the "beautiful game" that is a huge part of my life.

I can see it leading to more of a NFL type game with quarters and breaks(so adverts can be shown to feed the cash cow more) specialist players being brought on for penalties, free kicks etc

Ffs it's a ball filled with air, a pitch, goals and 22 players that has done alright without massive technological changes for century's (I'm pretty sure early cavemen kicked something around)

Oops sorry I digressed, anything other than 3 points today will be a huge diss appointment but it won't be easy to break down a side that will come to us organised, tough and will have a plan to park the bus and hit us on the break.

I've got my pre home match ritual plan in place and can already taste my pie and first of several pints and can smell the burger and onions vans surrounding the ground.

Taking a single mums child to the game today to give her a break and she can't afford tickets and I hope he'll remember it for the rest of his life and that it sparks a lifetime of passion for the game (fingers crossed that he's not priced out of going to live games himself when he grows up and that he doesn't become a corporate sky couch supporter)

Sorry to the op as it's not the comment he probably wanted

"

no need to say sorry as you wrote a good post....

I sometimes wish we were still at Upton Park but know that we sadly had no choice but to move to the Olympic stadium if we ever want to progress and challenge for trophies in the future...

London

Sheff Utd v Liverpool will soon be kicking off at 12.30 pm.......

In a town Fab forgot

"My boys home to Brighton. Looking for our first PL home win for Frank; this could be it.

The omens are good.

Potential banana skin team though.

will be very surprised if you dont get your first PL home win this afternoon...."

Fingers are crossed.

"Sheff Utd v Liverpool will soon be kicking off at 12.30 pm......."

Come on Sheffield !

Shropshire

"Sheff Utd v Liverpool will soon be kicking off at 12.30 pm.......

Come on Sheffield ! "

Massive sigh of relief breathed here!! Could go on to be a few now. Feel for the keeper.

Come on Sheffield !

Massive sigh of relief breathed here!! Could go on to be a few now. Feel for the keeper. "

I think you'll win the league this season. And thats coming from a stauch Evertonian. Although don't tell anyone i said that

Shropshire

Come on Sheffield !

Massive sigh of relief breathed here!! Could go on to be a few now. Feel for the keeper.

I think you'll win the league this season. And thats coming from a stauch Evertonian. Although don't tell anyone i said that "

Secret is safe

Come on Sheffield !

I think you'll win the league this season. And thats coming from a stauch Evertonian. Although don't tell anyone i said that

Secret is safe "

Still on course............I'm dreading the parade in May

In a town Fab forgot

Few minutes to go and 2 - 0 up..... almost ready to exhale....

London

So Liverpool made it 16 PL wins in a row to remain 5 points clear at the top of the table...

I'm happy with West Ham's 2-2 draw away at Bournemouth...

It means the Hammers are currently 3rd in the PL...I'm not used to being in such a position!...

Its Leicester against Newcastle this afternoon....Any predictions?....

In a town Fab forgot

"So Liverpool made it 16 PL wins in a row to remain 5 points clear at the top of the table...

It means the Hammers are currently 3rd in the PL...I'm not used to being in such a position!...

"

I'd like Newcastle to win, it's puts us closer to Leicester.

But I can't see past a win for the Foxes.

Good result for your boys Ash...

Edmonton

"So Liverpool made it 16 PL wins in a row to remain 5 points clear at the top of the table...

"

. The Hammers are fully deserving to be in 3rd place playing some good attacking football their manager is very underrated but has a reputation for good attacking football.I can’t see anything other than a Leicester win today.However the main event for me is tomorrow night when I am hoping my lot actually put in a good performance we need to win otherwise Ole will be under pressure with regards to holding on to his job.

Leicester certainly should get all 3 against Newcastle on paper, but it's really wet and windy here, which could be a leveller. Madison out too, which is a bit of a blow. Still think we'll have enough to win, but it won't be pretty.

. The Hammers are fully deserving to be in 3rd place playing some good attacking football their manager is very underrated but has a reputation for good attacking football.I can’t see anything other than a Leicester win today.However the main event for me is tomorrow night when I am hoping my lot actually put in a good performance we need to win otherwise Ole will be under pressure with regards to holding on to his job."

Mate, he's already under pressure!!

Edmonton

. The Hammers are fully deserving to be in 3rd place playing some good attacking football their manager is very underrated but has a reputation for good attacking football.I can’t see anything other than a Leicester win today.However the main event for me is tomorrow night when I am hoping my lot actually put in a good performance we need to win otherwise Ole will be under pressure with regards to holding on to his job.

Mate, he's already under pressure!!"

. I don’t believe he is under any more pressure than most of the managers in the Premier League right now.Our next 3 Premier Leauge games home to Arsenal away to Newcastle home to Liverpool lose all 3 and Ed Woodward will probably fire him.My personal thoughts are wait until the end of the season if he delivers Champions League football give him another season if he doesn’t then see if we can get Poch or Allergri.

Shropshire

"Leicester certainly should get all 3 against Newcastle on paper, but it's really wet and windy here, which could be a leveller. Madison out too, which is a bit of a blow. Still think we'll have enough to win, but it won't be pretty."

Shocking tackle there. Deserved red and wrapped up the points for Leicester. Not looking forward to them coming to Anfield next week. Look good.

In a town Fab forgot

Nice work Leicester.

I can see Steve Bruce being in charge of getting Newcastle promoted into the PL next season.

Maybe that was Mike Ashleys plan. Big payoff parachute payment and sell up.

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

Usually done one will go on a run midsession of defeats that puts them into trouble

So I’m going with

Watford

Norwich

Brighton

But I think Everton May be in trouble

London

It finished Leicester 5-0 Newcastle in the end with The Toon going down to 10 men in what was a terrible display from the away side...

London

The Foxes go above the Hammers into 3rd place in the table..