FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sea levels rising

Sea levels rising

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm watching the news at the moment about sea levels rising and many small islands are disappearing.

A report said that in the year 2100 many of the cites in the UK will be submerged in water.

I don't know if this is caused by us or a natural cycle which happens .. I haven't given climate change much thought before, but hearing this tonight is a disturbing thought.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

down here on the south coast we've been seeing properties literally falling in to the sea for years.

Climate change is a natural cycle but the current accelerated change has a lot to do with human beings activities

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Stop pissin in it then

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Oh no! Portsmouth will disappear.... how awful...

Blue whales wanking, that's the culprit.

P

By *hechapMan  over a year ago

Derry

Dont be losing any sleep as its all bolloxs. Sea levels are rising at about 3mm per year which is about 1ft in 100yrs.

ITS ALL A SCAM!

Do a search on 2 scientists called Connolly from Ireland.

They are the only scientists who are telling the truth about the biggest scam in the world.

WAKEN UP!!

"I'm watching the news at the moment about sea levels rising and many small islands are disappearing.

A report said that in the year 2100 many of the cites in the UK will be submerged in water.

I don't know if this is caused by us or a natural cycle which happens .. I haven't given climate change much thought before, but hearing this tonight is a disturbing thought. "

In the past 100 years the sea level has risen around 6 inches, which while it doesnt sound like much its more than the previous 2000 years.

problem is, its only going to increase more dramatically over the next 50 years and is undoubtably spurred on by human influence. climates do and always have changed on their own but its only in the past century that human influence has been a factor, given that fact its most likely only really going to get worse....

Some good points here

"Dont be losing any sleep as its all bolloxs. Sea levels are rising at about 3mm per year which is about 1ft in 100yrs.

ITS ALL A SCAM!

They are the only scientists who are telling the truth about the biggest scam in the world.

WAKEN UP!!

"

Why would you believe the Irish scientist over all the others in the world who say different? And is it a scam? What would they gain from lying about it.

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

It does change and at points the poles were swampland millions of years ago. Oxygen concentrations were higher etc.

What scientists are concerned about is tipping points feedback loops. When you change things dramatically it sets off a chain reaction. It has happened previously and nearly all life went extinct when CO2 levels dropped and oxygen was pretty much removed from the water. Theories around the Cambrian extinction. Since we are seeing similar indicators it is bad.

If you think of it I’m simple terms:

Global warming true or false

Do something about it, true or false

You get, ok do something everyone safe in both scenarios, spent a lot of money and in one case wasted money I guess.

Next would be do nothing and great everything is normal or everyone is dead.

Not really a hard choice whatever you think.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

This follows on from earlier IPCC reports upon global heating. Newer evidence highlights the increasing risks and problems from accrlerated ice loss, including in the Arctic and glaciers elsewhere. If humans manage to limit heating to 1.5 or 2 degrees, it will still mean huge problems. Annual frequency of what were rare catastrophes, millions of people displaced, major cities lost.

Ice reflects sun but melted into water it absorbs heat instead, making the problem worse.

World leaders are largely acting as if there's no major problem, it's criminal

By *hezuMan  over a year ago

East London

I went on a school geography trip to norfolk to study coastal erosion it was mad to see all the abandoned houses and a pub that fell into the beach below

By *nderIwonder.Man  over a year ago

2nd City

It's all bollocks. The government want to silence conspiracy theorists and call it fake news yet they are peddling the biggest scam of the current time that is climate change.

Derry

"Dont be losing any sleep as its all bolloxs. Sea levels are rising at about 3mm per year which is about 1ft in 100yrs.

ITS ALL A SCAM!

WAKEN UP!!

Why would you believe the Irish scientist over all the others in the world who say different? And is it a scam? What would they gain from lying about it. "

There is lots of money to be gained from it..

No other scientists has came forward to prove these Connollys are all wrong and just talking shite which in its self is strange for people who make their living from research and findings etc etc.

The reason they arent coming forward to prove them wrong is because they all know the Connollys are right and the cat is now out of the bag.

The geni is out of the bottle.

The media and governments dont give the Connollys a platform. Instead they silence them and make it impossible for their information to get out to the masses.

ITS A TOTAL SCAM OF THE BIGGEST DEGREE AND WE ARE PAYING FOR IT.

But sure keep paying for it if it makes you feel good and you think it helps the planet.

"I'm watching the news at the moment about sea levels rising and many small islands are disappearing.

I don't know if this is caused by us or a natural cycle which happens .. I haven't given climate change much thought before, but hearing this tonight is a disturbing thought. "

I watched the news earlier, I thought it said that sea levels would be a meter higher by 2100

Derry

"It's all bollocks. The government want to silence conspiracy theorists and call it fake news yet they are peddling the biggest scam of the current time that is climate change. "

You sir are 110% correct.

Its just a shame that most people are asleep at the wheel and it appears the only time they are awake is to watch the biased BBC news.

Like if the BBC were to broadcast that Santa Claus was real people would believe it!

Even if the rate of rise increases by 50% over time, I'm good for @4800years. I also have spare rooms for displaced sexy ladies, and a boat!......

By *uciyassMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Best build a flood wall around the whole of the uk. It can double up as border and keep all you lot in

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

Why do you think we've got the thames flood barrage, which is now out of date and a new one needed

Forum Mod

East Sussex

ITS ALL A SCAM!

WAKEN UP!!

Why would you believe the Irish scientist over all the others in the world who say different? And is it a scam? What would they gain from lying about it.

No other scientists has came forward to prove these Connollys are all wrong and just talking shite which in its self is strange for people who make their living from research and findings etc etc.

The reason they arent coming forward to prove them wrong is because they all know the Connollys are right and the cat is now out of the bag.

The media and governments dont give the Connollys a platform. Instead they silence them and make it impossible for their information to get out to the masses.

But sure keep paying for it if it makes you feel good and you think it helps the planet.

"

What money is to be made from it? I'm genuinely interested.

I'd say that plenty of scientists are putting forward theories that suggest that climate change is genuine.

Britain is slowly tilting anyway ..so sea levels have to rise if land sinks !

Derry

ITS ALL A SCAM!

WAKEN UP!!

I'd say that plenty of scientists are putting forward theories that suggest that climate change is genuine."

Tax,tax and then more tax.

The plastic bag tax is 1 example.

Still as many plastic bags today as there was the day that some shrude person in government thought that charging 5p on a bag was a good idea.

It was a means to make money!

WAKEN UP!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

ITS ALL A SCAM!

WAKEN UP!!

I'd say that plenty of scientists are putting forward theories that suggest that climate change is genuine.

Tax,tax and then more tax.

The plastic bag tax is 1 example.

Still as many plastic bags today as there was the day that some shrude person in government thought that charging 5p on a bag was a good idea.

It was a means to make money!

WAKEN UP! "

You don't need to keep telling me to waken up, I'm trying to discuss this with you.

ITS ALL A SCAM!

WAKEN UP!!your funny.

"

[Removed by poster at 26/09/19 08:50:41]

"

ITS ALL A SCAM!

WAKEN UP

WAKEN UP!

You don't need to keep telling me to waken up, I'm trying to discuss this with you.

"

Don't feed the trolls.

By *ulfilthmentMan  over a year ago

Just around the corner

"But sure keep paying for it if it makes you feel good and you think it helps the planet."

If it keeps people in a job then what’s not to like? That’s all that matters isn’t it?

ITS ALL A SCAM!

WAKEN UP!!

"

How do you explain islands that were once ocopied by people and villages which are now covered in water.. And how do you explain all the houses which have been swept away by the sea.

Is that not because of climate change?

ITS ALL A SCAM!

WAKEN UP!!

How do you explain islands that were once ocopied by people and villages which are now covered in water.. And how do you explain all the houses which have been swept away by the sea.

Is that not because of climate change? "

Some will be through coastal erosion. That's not the same as levels rising, even though they may well be..

ITS ALL A SCAM!

WAKEN UP!!

Is that not because of climate change?

Some will be through coastal erosion. That's not the same as levels rising, even though they may well be.."

Many islands are under water because of sea levels rising and they are continuing to rise.

In time the UK, Ireland and many others will be submerged.

The planet is changing not dieing. However those changes may not make it very favourable for civilized human life.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"The planet is changing not dieing. However those changes may not make it very favourable for civilized human life."

I agree. I suspect that we will be a much reduced species in future years. Our mistake was to assume we're the most important species on the planet.

"Britain is slowly tilting anyway sea levels have to rise if land sinks !"

This is totally correct along with volcanic eruptions beneath the oceans and other seismic activity go google that to it’s not just climate change although that’s also a factor that is affecting it and adding to it but a lot is water and land mass dissipation, tectonic plate movement and erosion

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

I don't know if this is caused by us or a natural cycle which happens .. I haven't given climate change much thought before, but hearing this tonight is a disturbing thought.

In the past 100 years the sea level has risen around 6 inches, which while it doesnt sound like much its more than the previous 2000 years.

problem is, its only going to increase more dramatically over the next 50 years and is undoubtably spurred on by human influence. climates do and always have changed on their own but its only in the past century that human influence has been a factor, given that fact its most likely only really going to get worse....

"

Only this week its been said on the radio that scientists have said that some parts of the oceans have already passed the tipping point on no return, the big wheels of Industry of the world carry on regardless of any warnings said they can live with the guilt It,ll be the future generations that will have to pay the price we can all do something to help, but It will be the big wheels like china and the brazilians plus others that will help the demise of this planet quicker than it would have been nothing more than crooks hideing behind crooked politicians.

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

"The planet is changing not dieing. However those changes may not make it very favourable for civilized human life."
Hopefully your choice is the right one even thou it would not be favourable I,d expect for most people here.

salisbury

Capitalism is making the planet uninhabitable as we know it.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

Well I live in the midlands, so my feet will be nice and dry

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

"Capitalism is making the planet uninhabitable as we know it."

Agreed, capitalism is the worst idea we have ever had.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

Rainfall eroding the land sweeping soil / sediment out to sea - look at the Grand Canyon for example, where did all that stuff go?

Eventually water will cover the whole of Earth.

Invest in a boat now!

biggest politer the last 10 years is China and I am pretty sure that's not a capitalist society! But I guess you ignore them if you want to get a socialist point across.

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

"Capitalism is making the planet uninhabitable as we know it.

Agreed, capitalism is the worst idea we have ever had."

Never ending growth, capitalism was always a great idea

"Capitalism is making the planet uninhabitable as we know it.

biggest politer the last 10 years is China and I am pretty sure that's not a capitalist society! But I guess you ignore them if you want to get a socialist point across. "

Russia's record isn't that great either!

Somebody said,something's,maybe gonna happen,sometime,maybe

Thanks to the instant reporting of everything everywhere,school children,scientists,politicians, the world's gone crazy

Capitalism killed the dinosaurs!

The philosopher JG Bennet was saying that the seas would rise and many areas of the Earth would be flooded by 1980 or something?

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

That's good news. Humans are destroying the earth. Time for nature to take over and restore balance.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"That's good news. Humans are destroying the earth. Time for nature to take over and restore balance."
that’s what Gaia is doing - getting the balance back

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Coastal erosion has bigger all to do with seas rising

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan  over a year ago

Building on natural floodplains hasn't helped with the flooding either, It will only get worse in years to come

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Coastal erosion has bigger all to do with seas rising"
no, you’re quite right. Sea level rises have a lot to do with coastal erosion though.

Chelmsford

Coastal erosion is to do with soft rocks like chalk

buy a boat its only way keep afloat of the times

Chelmsford

Much has to do with the movement of tectonic plates.

Sea levels have been both higher and lower in the past. Once, France and England were joined. Their separation had nothing to do with Fred Flintstone driving a V8

ITS ALL A SCAM!

WAKEN UP!!your funny.

"

Can’t wait to use your corpse as a raft when it happens

"Much has to do with the movement of tectonic plates.

Sea levels have been both higher and lower in the past. Once, France and England were joined. Their separation had nothing to do with Fred Flintstone driving a V8"

fucking hell im not even sure where to start with this comment. Science not your best topic at school no?

salisbury

Its Barack Obama i feel most sorry for in all this.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"It's all bollocks. The government want to silence conspiracy theorists and call it fake news yet they are peddling the biggest scam of the current time that is climate change. "

You've studied the scientific evidence or published your own, as one of the fewer than 1% of experienced scientists in this field? . I'm assuming not.

By *ickyRoosterMan  over a year ago

Uppendown

[Removed by poster at 28/09/19 19:58:21]

Hmmm... What is the swinging scene like up in the Scottish Highlands then? Might need to be making a move soon.

Chelmsford

Sea levels have been both higher and lower in the past. Once, France and England were joined. Their separation had nothing to do with Fred Flintstone driving a V8 fucking hell im not even sure where to start with this comment. Science not your best topic at school no? "

A level Physics

A level Geography

A level History

The warming in Tudor times was real

Chelmsford

"Its Barack Obama i feel most sorry for in all this. "

Sorry.. he was a Twat

Chelmsford

Sea levels have been both higher and lower in the past. Once, France and England were joined. Their separation had nothing to do with Fred Flintstone driving a V8 fucking hell im not even sure where to start with this comment. Science not your best topic at school no? "

Were they not joined then ?

By *actilemale4uMan  over a year ago

London

The climate has been warming up since...... the ice age. The river Thames froze over in the 17th century!!!!!!

Chelmsford

"The climate has been warming up since...... the ice age. The river Thames froze over in the 17th century!!!!!! "

Inconvenient truth

By *actilemale4uMan  over a year ago

London

"The climate has been warming up since...... the ice age. The river Thames froze over in the 17th century!!!!!!

Inconvenient truth "

Sea levels have been both higher and lower in the past. Once, France and England were joined. Their separation had nothing to do with Fred Flintstone driving a V8 fucking hell im not even sure where to start with this comment. Science not your best topic at school no?

Were they not joined then ?"

Yeah they were but your spurious connection to sea levels is baffling.

salisbury

"Its Barack Obama i feel most sorry for in all this.

Sorry.. he was a Twat"

Didn't stop him investing in property in Florida though did it...

salisbury

An inter-glacial period will warm up between ice ages until it stops....

Is there not a world-wide shortage of water? If more de-salination plants are built in coastal areas, are rising sea-levels possibly a good thing?

Derry

Its strange how some people can come out with all these big words that no one understands and they sound like experts yet they are so fuking gulliable at the same time. Its beyond belief.

Chelmsford

"Is there not a world-wide shortage of water? If more de-salination plants are built in coastal areas, are rising sea-levels possibly a good thing?"

World wide shortage of water.. it pisses down every day and they try to convince us we are short of water.. ?

salisbury

"Its strange how some people can come out with all these big words that no one understands and they sound like experts yet they are so fuking gulliable at the same time. Its beyond belief."

The same people who tell you not to trust the media or government, seem to be in blinkers when it comes to a story like man made climate change, i think it appeals to their need to feel guilty for something.

Funny that it's now called climate change instead of global warming.

Funny because climates change, always have, always will.

Not man made.

Just natural cycles.

And if sea levels really are rising at the rate they say, you wouldn't be able to get a mortgage on a property on the coast.... because the banks wouldn't get their money back when the "flooding" comes.

Or maybe I'm a just a cynical sod.

"Is there not a world-wide shortage of water? If more de-salination plants are built in coastal areas, are rising sea-levels possibly a good thing?

World wide shortage of water.. it pisses down every day and they try to convince us we are short of water.. ?"

Which is heavier 10 gallons of water or 10 gallons of butane?

Answer - water..

butane will always be a lighter fluid

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

They said sea level cant rise until the ice on land melts, and it hasn't yet.

So.... .... .....

People are basically blaming coastal erosion that happens anyway on sea levels rising. Loads of countries have built islands and none of them have needed to be topped up yet, they were built in areas with predictable sea conditions and are doing just fine.

By *rjimMan  over a year ago

nr bristol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2ldNuKZgoA

"They said sea level cant rise until the ice on land melts, and it hasn't yet.

So.... .... .....

People are basically blaming coastal erosion that happens anyway on sea levels rising. Loads of countries have built islands and none of them have needed to be topped up yet, they were built in areas with predictable sea conditions and are doing just fine."

Might wanna google how much glaciers have receded in the past 10 years before trying to tell people that land ice hasn’t melted.

Chelmsford

So.... .... .....

People are basically blaming coastal erosion that happens anyway on sea levels rising. Loads of countries have built islands and none of them have needed to be topped up yet, they were built in areas with predictable sea conditions and are doing just fine.

Might wanna google how much glaciers have receded in the past 10 years before trying to tell people that land ice hasn’t melted."

Yep.. all natural.. they have been melting for thousands of years...

salisbury

So.... .... .....

Might wanna google how much glaciers have receded in the past 10 years before trying to tell people that land ice hasn’t melted.

Yep.. all natural.. they have been melting for thousands of years..."

Since the end of the last ice age in fact....

Chelmsford

Correct

» Add a new message to this topic