FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Your life changing experience.. negative or positive

Your life changing experience.. negative or positive

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Mine, one of many, was reading 'If This Is a Man' by Primo Levi, jewish chemist who survived Auschwitz.

Bit of a heavy starter, but what's yours? Negative or positive, heavy or light, clean or filthy

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aughtyNipplesWoman  over a year ago

newport, shrops

[Removed by poster at 29/09/19 21:08:06]

newport, shrops

"Mine, one of many, was reading 'If This Is a Man' by Primo Levi, jewish chemist who survived Auschwitz.

Bit of a heavy starter, but what's yours? Negative or positive, heavy or light, clean or filthy

"

I might take a read....got a holiday coming up soon!

By *onty1971Man  over a year ago

London St Helier Trier

"Survived car crash at 70mph on M62, rolled off the crash barrier, off road into the field, rolled 5times and inches from a lake

(My ex fell asleep at the wheel!)

That was in 2007 and always been a glass half full kinda girl....no other way to be, never know when time might be up!"

You were very lucky then. Crumbs.

newport, shrops

Survived car crash at 70mph on M62, rolled off the crash barrier, off road into the field, rolled 5times and inches from a lake

That was in 2007 and since then always been a glass half full kinda girl....no other way to be, never know when time might be up!

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

Going through prescription drug withdrawal.. took 3 years to get my life back to somewhere close to before.

newport, shrops

"Survived car crash at 70mph on M62, rolled off the crash barrier, off road into the field, rolled 5times and inches from a lake

That was in 2007 and always been a glass half full kinda girl....no other way to be, never know when time might be up!

You were very lucky then. Crumbs."

Thanks, yes cracked ribs only, I did have a duvet wrapped round me as the passenger so protected from glass etc! (sorry, reposted as missed some words out ha)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Mine, one of many, was reading 'If This Is a Man' by Primo Levi, jewish chemist who survived Auschwitz.

"

Not as dramatic as some here, but spontaneously enrolling back in FE about twelve years ago. Getting those qualifications, and going on to uni, changed everything for me.

Told fat for 6 yrs off now ex( serial domestic abuser).

Lost 4.5st .. so yes overweight ..but it was all controlled by ex.

Lost ex

Lost weight

Someone passed a compliment whilst 1st time in a club.. i couldnt see it.. they spent time n chatted ..

They changed me

And my perception of me.

By *uzukiNo1Woman  over a year ago

Rhyl

Oooooo be 5 years ago.....won't go into details but 2 days in ICU waking up thinking yep this is now my new life....totally different person woke up

Working with families who'd lost a child. Gave me a very 'how fucking dare I complain about anything' outlook.

"Working with families who'd lost a child. Gave me a very 'how fucking dare I complain about anything' outlook."

With you here. I'm a little bit crushed to say I'm recently familiar with this.

Meeting the person who taught me that I could be different and successful, not successful despite being different. Everyone needs one of those.

Unfortunately they died in June.

"Working with families who'd lost a child. Gave me a very 'how fucking dare I complain about anything' outlook.

With you here. I'm a little bit crushed to say I'm recently familiar with this."

Genuinely so sorry to hear that

We had a house fire, in which my ex husband left our severely autistic daughter inside, so he could jump to safety. I’d come home from a night shift as a nurse, and couldn’t get in. To watch them bring your child out and she’s not breathing, and start resuscitation, and then hear “she’s breathing!” is the best feeling ever! My worst experience was also my best. I’d lost one child, I couldn’t bare to lose another.

We trundled on for a few more years, had another child, he slipped carrying her as a baby on the top of the stairs, he let her fall to stop himself falling. To see her stumble as I heard him shout out was terrifying, luckily a check in A&E confirmed no injuries. Again we trundled on until I couldn’t go on and just over 6 yes ago, ended the marriage. Nearly two years of hell became a positive as now we get on better. We have our own lives, and he admits that he struggles with our oldest, as he’s on the spectrum too, so they had a constant battle. We became friends again, when we were enemies, that’s positive x Viv xx

By *ookie46Woman  over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

The death of my grandson changed my whole perspective on lifein a huge positive way. He completely changed me and I wouldn't be the person I am today if he hadn't been in my life for those 24 days

Forever in my heart xx

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I haven't had one life changing experience. I have had a lot of experiences positive and negative that have led me to where I am in my life now. I think many redundancies between the two of us made us realise that no employer is loyal to its staff regardless of how loyal you've been to them. This did make us completely reassess our lives and make big changes which ultimately have been very positive.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Realising or discovering I was bisexual at the age of 40.

Realising or discovering witchcraft works.

All sorts of stuff over the years, some good some bad, some very bad. As I'm still here, on balance I'm going with positive..

Positive: having a nervous breakdown.

I got over that so I can do anything

Having my first boy made me grow up get a job stop drinking and be a dad

Rescuing a severely neglected animal and turning his life around despite vets advising I should have him put to sleep

My ex leaving 6.5 years ago and still causing grief

Dad being hospitalized with encephalitis and being in a car crash with mum on the day he was taken in

Dad being involved in an horrendous accident (life limiting and changing injuries) that still have a massive impact 3.5 years on

HS2 coming through parents land

I'm a tough old goat but even I dont have a clue which ways up anymore

Quite a few things have made me reassess things. Losing my IVF twins whilst my husband was out boozing even though I begged him to stay home because I didn't feel right. A short while after that he beat me up and that left me no choice but to get a lawyer. He was my childhood sweetheart and completely changed me as a person.

Also being diagnosed with a brain tumour changed my life forever.

By *izzymonkeyMan  over a year ago

Hiding In A Bush

"Quite a few things have made me reassess things. Losing my IVF twins whilst my husband was out boozing even though I begged him to stay home because I didn't feel right. A short while after that he beat me up and that left me no choice but to get a lawyer. He was my childhood sweetheart and completely changed me as a person.

Also being diagnosed with a brain tumour changed my life forever. "

Awwwwwww Dana....

Sending BIG HUGS....

"Quite a few things have made me reassess things. Losing my IVF twins whilst my husband was out boozing even though I begged him to stay home because I didn't feel right. A short while after that he beat me up and that left me no choice but to get a lawyer. He was my childhood sweetheart and completely changed me as a person.

cwtching you up xx

^ Thanks guys. We all have our stories and problems and just have to move on and make the best of things. Life is for living

By *ememberTheNameMan  over a year ago

barnsley

I had a brain tumour absolutely destroyed me but I’m working my way back to where I was as a person confident and living not just existing

barnsley

"^ Thanks guys. We all have our stories and problems and just have to move on and make the best of things. Life is for living "

It is indeed miss tumour here too at 16 left me paralysed in a wheelchair now fully functioning body qualified Personal Trainer and the fittest I’ve ever been

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

That's just awful..I hope you are very much on the mend from the tumour and hope that you find strength for your loss x

B38

"^ Thanks guys. We all have our stories and problems and just have to move on and make the best of things. Life is for living

It is indeed miss tumour here too at 16 left me paralysed in a wheelchair now fully functioning body qualified Personal Trainer and the fittest I’ve ever been "

That is great news..so good to hear of someone beating such a a shit time ..that's inspirational x

B38

"Working with families who'd lost a child. Gave me a very 'how fucking dare I complain about anything' outlook."

I can't comprehend losing a child..God forbid I never have to.

By *urls and DressesWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

Thankfully nothing particularly negative, but most significant was a trip to The Gambia with university. I wouldn’t be the mum I am and the job I do without that trip. And that the trip has change many families in my area because of the business it inspired me to have and voluntary work I did. I’d love to go back.

By *hatMinxOverThereWoman  over a year ago

42 Wallaby Way

I think right now to be honest. Going through a divorce, living on my own for the first time, going through some serious mental health issues. And possibly trying to set myself up to go to uni and change my career once done to what I actually want.

barnsley

"^ Thanks guys. We all have our stories and problems and just have to move on and make the best of things. Life is for living

It is indeed miss tumour here too at 16 left me paralysed in a wheelchair now fully functioning body qualified Personal Trainer and the fittest I’ve ever been

That is great news..so good to hear of someone beating such a a shit time ..that's inspirational x"

thank you

Seeing my mum dead in our hallway after she overdosed on alcohol. Nothing has been the same since...I dont think it ever will be.

» Add a new message to this topic