FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Something to hide?

Something to hide?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ea monkey OP   Man  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Following on from the slow meltdown and end of the world that is the demise of Kik messenger, its set me thinking (often a questionable choice) about the reasons behind the general gnashing of teeth...

I know that Kik offers anonymity and the lack of personal details required are great for keeping conversations and people closed from day to day life. But are the reasons behind that always good?

I know that many people that I've chatted to in the past via the app have been cheating on partners, I'm not saying everyone is but at one point, the use of Kik was synonymous with cheats.

So my question is; is the furore caused by people wanting to keep fab quiet or by those afraid of being 'caught'?

I'm not expressing judgement here, just an interest at others thoughts...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I have no idea. Ive never used kik in my life. I meet married guys regularly and manage to keep conversations and contact going quite well without it. In fact i only know its closing down cause of the 100s of threads about it on here or id be none the wiser

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I am married and use kik but for me it is more that your phone number can be used in many ways to track you down and you never know who you are dealing with.

For us it’s not giving out the phone number and a quick chat via cam can verify if they’re same as pics if you want.

I won’t give my phone number to anyone. That’s why I use it. I don’t want fab to mix with with my real life. Its totally separate. I don’t want people from fab messaging or ringing me when I’m at the park with my kids or out for dinner with friends.

Everyone’s different but that’s my reason.

By *wist my nipplesCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"Following on from the slow meltdown and end of the world that is the demise of Kik messenger, its set me thinking (often a questionable choice) about the reasons behind the general gnashing of teeth...

I know that Kik offers anonymity and the lack of personal details required are great for keeping conversations and people closed from day to day life. But are the reasons behind that always good?

I know that many people that I've chatted to in the past via the app have been cheating on partners, I'm not saying everyone is but at one point, the use of Kik was synonymous with cheats.

So my question is; is the furore caused by people wanting to keep fab quiet or by those afraid of being 'caught'?

I'm not expressing judgement here, just an interest at others thoughts... "

It's an interesting point re. privacy vs trust. Privacy is important to us: we have a young family, we live in a small town, we both have jobs which would be compromised by us being "outed" as swingers.

On the flipside, if you are planning to meet someone and potentially have sex with them, that's a very intimate act which requires trust, to my mind. If you're not willing to swap phone numbers at that point, I feel uneasy about the whole shebang.

So as a rule, we keep communication on fab initially, meet socially, then if all happy move to text/WhatsApp. We have to trust our gut. It's not foolproof, but then, what is?

Mrs TMN x

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I won’t give my phone number to anyone. That’s why I use it. I don’t want fab to mix with with my real life. Its totally separate. I don’t want people from fab messaging or ringing me when I’m at the park with my kids or out for dinner with friends.

Everyone’s different but that’s my reason. "

This.

Personally, I do work with vulnerable people. Rightly or wrongly, my private activities would reflect poorly upon my ability to do that.

"I won’t give my phone number to anyone. That’s why I use it. I don’t want fab to mix with with my real life. Its totally separate. I don’t want people from fab messaging or ringing me when I’m at the park with my kids or out for dinner with friends.

Everyone’s different but that’s my reason.

This.

Personally, I do work with vulnerable people. Rightly or wrongly, my private activities would reflect poorly upon my ability to do that. "

Yes. I do too.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I like the anonyminity it gives.

I've nothing to hide, no partner to cheat on.

But at the same time I don't want my number public.

People I know well, and trust have it, but that takes time to build.

I find chatting on an app easier than here, more spontaneous, the chat seems to flow better, so once I've established a connection with someone, then move chat away from here.

I can also log out of here or an app, so I won't get messages or my phone ringing at inconvenient moments.

It's also great for group chats with friends, which can't be done on here

Everyone’s different but that’s my reason. "

That's a perfectly good reason and one I can relate to.

By *hawshank.Man  over a year ago

local

"Following on from the slow meltdown and end of the world that is the demise of Kik messenger, its set me thinking (often a questionable choice) about the reasons behind the general gnashing of teeth...

Some people like to keep fab separate from there every day lives for whatever reason which is there right.

Me personally my number is part of my private life and there are way to many weirdos out there that are intent on not respecting peoples decision to keep fab and life separate

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

I use kik a lot. Once I've established a certain level of trust with someone I'll give them my number but in all my years that hasn't happened that often considering the amount I talk to. For me, it's similar to Nora. I'm not cheating but I do compartmentalise a lot. I could count on both hands () the amount of people who know any real details about me and I like to keep it that way.

Oh and as far as cheating goes, it took a certain Geordie a day to get me on WA. I think it just depends on the person and how they operate rather than cheaters use KiK etc.

Perhaps I am too naive and trusting, judging by this thread!

Mrs TMN x

The furore is most chat apps are tied to phone numbers which which people feel gives them traceability for whatever reasons they don't want it.

The real issue is more on trust. We use another well known chat app but we have had no issues with phone numbers and use it for both personal, business and scene contacts. We have had no cross-overs from our swing life into other aspects. 1) We are very selective on who we give out numbers to. 2) Respect everyones privacy as they do with ours.

Ultimately you can block numbers. But for us if people are not prepared to give out numbers (we are talking about correct point, not just randomly) it does kinda show a lack of trust and not always a good place to start a meet, for example.

If you just want visual verification then what's wrong with Skype

By *uciyassMan  over a year ago

sheffield

I’m sorry it depends on how you use KIK. I use it to chat easier with folk, friends , fancy friends off here. And they all know exactly who I am and my mobile. I’ve never used it to chat up or meet someone anomalously and have pretend sexi times. It’s just convenient to chat with friends and the like when you don’t want to be bouncing texts back and forth all the time.

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

I chat to people on here only. If I like and trust them they can have my phone number as nothing to hide and wouldn’t chat to anyone for the sake of it.

I rarely meet anyone so have no need for a middle stage now. For me, I prefer a degree of transparency and trust.

"I chat to people on here only. If I like and trust them they can have my phone number as nothing to hide and wouldn’t chat to anyone for the sake of it.

I rarely meet anyone so have no need for a middle stage now. For me, I prefer a degree of transparency and trust. "

The question and in the spirt of the post, yes I have been an annoyance to some in the myriad of KIK posts since the announcement.

The thing that raises hackles and people start trying to justify and defend in many different ways, the need for the anonymity that KIK gave them.

Just brings to mind, a famous saying from Hamlet.

"The lady doth protest too much, me thinks"

There are many different ways people can communicate if they are sincere

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

No. It’s all to do with privacy and avoiding nutters.

When I think of the times that I’ve chatted with someone that seemed perfectly reasonable on fab then eventually moved the kik, the disappointment is often not far behind when you realise that to a lot of people kik just a means sending photos and sex talk. I can delete easily on kik and never worry where my number is going to end up if they turn sour because they never had it.

I still don’t get why people give their number out to people that they’ve exchanged a few messages with. Why blur the boundaries?

Just to say as well - people on fab in couples and supposedly exclusive with someone ‘cheat’ it’s not just married people.

By *izzymonkeyMan  over a year ago

Hiding In A Bush

I only have a sausage to hide....

you only have to look at the number of abuse issued linked back to kik. I get people want some anonymity but a second sim for watsapp use and you can keep your swinging life separate.

"No. It’s all to do with privacy and avoiding nutters.

When I think of the times that I’ve chatted with someone that seemed perfectly reasonable on fab then eventually moved the kik, the disappointment is often not far behind when you realise that to a lot of people kik just a means sending photos and sex talk. I can delete easily on kik and never worry where my number is going to end up if they turn sour because they never had it.

I still don’t get why people give their number out to people that they’ve exchanged a few messages with. Why blur the boundaries?

Just to say as well - people on fab in couples and supposedly exclusive with someone ‘cheat’ it’s not just married people. "

Gave my number once and that was the stalker when I first joined. Every time I blocked they contacted me on a different phone. I had to get rid of my phone and change everything. Not worth it! Never again. I had 46 voicemails in the space of an hour playing sad songs and threatening suicide. Nobody needs that shit!!

Just to say as well - people on fab in couples and supposedly exclusive with someone ‘cheat’ it’s not just married people.

Gave my number once and that was the stalker when I first joined. Every time I blocked they contacted me on a different phone. I had to get rid of my phone and change everything. Not worth it! Never again. I had 46 voicemails in the space of an hour playing sad songs and threatening suicide. Nobody needs that shit!! "

Yeah sorry about that nora

Gave my number once and that was the stalker when I first joined. Every time I blocked they contacted me on a different phone. I had to get rid of my phone and change everything. Not worth it! Never again. I had 46 voicemails in the space of an hour playing sad songs and threatening suicide. Nobody needs that shit!! "

I agree Nora. It only takes one person to turn out that way. Kik is great for anonymity.

Manchester (she/her)

Yup. No phone number = I can cut nutters off dead.

"you only have to look at the number of abuse issued linked back to kik. I get people want some anonymity but a second sim for watsapp use and you can keep your swinging life separate. "

I wouldn’t need to change to a second sim if I had an app that didn’t require a number. Like kik.

We use it to swap pics and vids. Wife enjoys it with me and we send pics of her with pics of others who send to us. So everyone we in touch with knows we are both on it together.

Manchester (she/her)

"you only have to look at the number of abuse issued linked back to kik. I get people want some anonymity but a second sim for watsapp use and you can keep your swinging life separate.

I wouldn’t need to change to a second sim if I had an app that didn’t require a number. Like kik. "

Yes. The hassle of a second number isn't worth it when apps exist to avoid the issue.

Gave my number once and that was the stalker when I first joined. Every time I blocked they contacted me on a different phone. I had to get rid of my phone and change everything. Not worth it! Never again. I had 46 voicemails in the space of an hour playing sad songs and threatening suicide. Nobody needs that shit!!

Yeah sorry about that nora "

. Mostly rod Stewart songs. Probably was you

"you only have to look at the number of abuse issued linked back to kik. I get people want some anonymity but a second sim for watsapp use and you can keep your swinging life separate.

I wouldn’t need to change to a second sim if I had an app that didn’t require a number. Like kik.

Yes. The hassle of a second number isn't worth it when apps exist to avoid the issue. "

Yeah sorry about that nora

. Mostly rod Stewart songs. Probably was you "

Naaaa a can't do with him,I would have played opeth songs down the phone

Yes. The hassle of a second number isn't worth it when apps exist to avoid the issue. "

Ok if you have something to hide as the thread title says.

Yes. The hassle of a second number isn't worth it when apps exist to avoid the issue.

Ok if you have something to hide as the thread title says. "

I’ve got loads to hide from fab. My whole life.

Manchester (she/her)

I have my identity to hide. Its links to vulnerable people. My non Fab life, away from the nutters that exist.

Sorry, not sorry.

If I couldn’t exchange numbers with someone when I was meeting, I wouldn’t meet someone. That’s just how I do things and I’ve never regretted giving my number out. Some guys have chosen to use Kik in the past and it turned out they were cheating. I did make it clear I wouldn’t meet until we had moved it to WhatsApp/texting.

My private life is what I choose to hide from everyone. I think it’s perfectly reasonable to do so.

Every other thread on here is about abuse people get and jealousy issues, nastiness etc so I can’t understand why you would bring that away from here into your personal life, irrespective of anyone circumstances.

Shhhhh

I have my identity to hide. Its links to vulnerable people. My non Fab life, away from the nutters that exist.

Sorry, not sorry. "

As I said a second number but some people have things to hide thats what kik was used for Sorry to say people use tissue thin excuses no not sorry they do.

Manchester (she/her)

My private life is what I choose to hide from everyone. I think it’s perfectly reasonable to do so.

Every other thread on here is about abuse people get and jealousy issues, nastiness etc so I can’t understand why you would bring that away from here into your personal life, irrespective of anyone circumstances. "

Yup. I get nasty messages about who I meet. I've had a number of people get scary possessive. One planning our long term lives together before we'd met. Often this stuff doesn't come out until after I've moved to a messaging service. So I give out my number exceedingly rarely.

"If I couldn’t exchange numbers with someone when I was meeting, I wouldn’t meet someone. That’s just how I do things and I’ve never regretted giving my number out. Some guys have chosen to use Kik in the past and it turned out they were cheating. I did make it clear I wouldn’t meet until we had moved it to WhatsApp/texting."

I have to agree if only for the fact if someone tried to abuse you then you would have a number to pass on to the police.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

We initiate contact on here, move to Kik if necessary and then if a meet is agreed we swap numbers.

Sorry, not sorry.

As I said a second number but some people have things to hide thats what kik was used for Sorry to say people use tissue thin excuses no not sorry they do.

"

Like what?

Sorry, not sorry.

Like what?"

I have things to hide from fab yes. My children, my job, my location, my real name. How is that an issue?

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

I don’t have anything to hide. Except my phone number and email address from potential nutters or criminals who will sell them on the dark web.

I have no problem giving my number to people once we have actually met in person. If I like them enough that is!

Yes I could get another sim and phone, but then that’s 3 phones to carry about including my work one!

I am going to try out telegram once kik goes

Kik is just an app It provides anonymity and privacy, no more no less.

You do know that cheaters are just as able to swap a sim or give a number?

I think it was Seeside that started a ‘fab phone’ thread.

Having a number doesn’t make things any safer, people lie on WhatsApp just the same as anywhere else

And people trawl through every type of social media once they’ve got your number so you should be careful.

"If I couldn’t exchange numbers with someone when I was meeting, I wouldn’t meet someone. That’s just how I do things and I’ve never regretted giving my number out. Some guys have chosen to use Kik in the past and it turned out they were cheating. I did make it clear I wouldn’t meet until we had moved it to WhatsApp/texting.

I have to agree if only for the fact if someone tried to abuse you then you would have a number to pass on to the police. "

I’ve also found out a couple people were cheating by having a number. They popped up on people I may know on Facebook with their partner. I guess I’m lucky as I’ve never encountered a stalker or a nutter from meeting online and I’ve been doing it since aol chat rooms in 2002. I am very particular with whom I meet and spend ages getting to know people. I become friends first so they usually become part of my none fab life, hence not wanting to be anonymous. I get it if you just want hook ups but I couldn’t meet someone for sex unless I know more about him (unless in a club but I’ve only been as a couple)

"Kik is just an app It provides anonymity and privacy, no more no less.

Having a number doesn’t make things any safer, people lie on WhatsApp just the same as anywhere else

And people trawl through every type of social media once they’ve got your number so you should be careful."

True. The true friends who I really trust (3 people) on here have got my number and they’ve all come up as suggested Facebook friends! No chance my numbers being given out!!

Nothing to hide but I don’t give my phone number out to everyone. Kik is perfect so sad it’s going

And people trawl through every type of social media once they’ve got your number so you should be careful.

True. The true friends who I really trust (3 people) on here have got my number and they’ve all come up as suggested Facebook friends! No chance my numbers being given out!! "

You see that scares the crap out of me. Why would anyone want that?

I take a long time getting to know people, I chat for ages about all sorts but I rarely meet and I won’t ever give them my number. I don’t do casual hook-ups I like an occasional friend but he’s still doesn’t get my number.

True. The true friends who I really trust (3 people) on here have got my number and they’ve all come up as suggested Facebook friends! No chance my numbers being given out!!

I take a long time getting to know people, I chat for ages about all sorts but I rarely meet and I won’t ever give them my number. I don’t do casual hook-ups I like an occasional friend but he’s still doesn’t get my number. "

Same. I suppose it may be different when you meet lots of people. Not sure. Chill and DC I don’t see as fab friends anymore. They’re real friends. They’re actually on my Facebook now so it doesn’t matter but anyone else no thanks!

I take a long time getting to know people, I chat for ages about all sorts but I rarely meet and I won’t ever give them my number. I don’t do casual hook-ups I like an occasional friend but he’s still doesn’t get my number.

Same. I suppose it may be different when you meet lots of people. Not sure. Chill and DC I don’t see as fab friends anymore. They’re real friends. They’re actually on my Facebook now so it doesn’t matter but anyone else no thanks! "

I’m actually friends with a few people from here on Facebook and Instagram that I’ve never met. Never had any problem, they are pretty sane people which is good. Don’t think I’ve ever met or dated a person who is a bit unstable.

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

Having had two weird stalkers in the past, i'm very wary about who I give my number out to. I also don't really enjoy messaging on here, it's too clunky and messages are too easily missed as my inbox doesn't stop when i'm online.

Kik is a good step for chatting to someone more, before deciding if I want to meet them or not.

I will happily share my number once I know people more and have established trust.

Same. I suppose it may be different when you meet lots of people. Not sure. Chill and DC I don’t see as fab friends anymore. They’re real friends. They’re actually on my Facebook now so it doesn’t matter but anyone else no thanks!

I’m actually friends with a few people from here on Facebook and Instagram that I’ve never met. Never had any problem, they are pretty sane people which is good. Don’t think I’ve ever met or dated a person who is a bit unstable. "

Me neither I’m quite a good judge of character. Apart from the first one 2 years ago which was actually a woman. Never any issues with men from here x

My number is connected to social media and I have to hide the fact that I’m actually a famous man

I’m actually friends with a few people from here on Facebook and Instagram that I’ve never met. Never had any problem, they are pretty sane people which is good. Don’t think I’ve ever met or dated a person who is a bit unstable.

Me neither I’m quite a good judge of character. Apart from the first one 2 years ago which was actually a woman. Never any issues with men from here x"

No, I don’t really encounter any dramas from here. I invite people until my private life so I choose carefully. I also only meet open people that are similar to me so that makes it easier.

By *veragecouple321Couple  over a year ago

Leamington Spa

We use kik together as a couple, a couple of people from here have our numbers but once a message come through on text message and our son (19 at the time) read it and thought Mrs was cheating, that was an awkward conversation when I got home, which is why we use kik, nothing to hide, but would rather my kids didn't know about what we do on here.

It only akes one wrong un that’s all I’m saying.

I haven’t encountered any issues but I’m also not willing to risk it. That’s the beauty of here though, we all do things differently

Manchester (she/her)

"It only akes one wrong un that’s all I’m saying.

I haven’t encountered any issues but I’m also not willing to risk it. That’s the beauty of here though, we all do things differently "

Well said.

Ive got nothing to hide i just dont want randoms having my number.

"It only akes one wrong un that’s all I’m saying.

I haven’t encountered any issues but I’m also not willing to risk it. That’s the beauty of here though, we all do things differently

Well said. "

Manchester (she/her)

It's also... I've chatted to a number of people on Kik who I would never have done otherwise. And made some good friends that way, even though we've not met, let alone shagged. If I had to have it connected to my number, it wouldn't have happened.

I can see where you’re coming from.

And it’s no doubt that it is used by some who have something to hide.

For me, I liked using it as it means I don’t have to give out my number straight away. I made that mistake on another site and ended up having to change my number, also, with Whatsapp & Instagram your mobile number can connect your personal socials & you end up with “People You May Know” being from sites like this!

KIK has its good uses, but there is a lot of bad that comes with it too.

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

Ill only chat to people on here.

If after a while I think yes theres a possibility I'd meet this person then I'll give them my number but this rarely happens.

I wouldn't meet anyone I'd not spoken to over a period of time on the phone. No phone calls no meet it's that simple.

I used kik for a short period of time and like you say OP often it's for a reason they only use kik. I dont have fab and real life if I'm going to share myself with someone then it's real but maybe that's only because I'm looking for some sort of longevity within our relationship.

In my experience they are hiding a relationship or only interested in sex texting and sharing pictures which I have zero interest in with someone I've never met. I will not go down that rd. So I deleted the app as a total waste of time.

"Ill only chat to people on here.

If after a while I think yes theres a possibility I'd meet this person then I'll give them my number but this rarely happens.

I wouldn't meet anyone I'd not spoken to over a period of time on the phone. No phone calls no meet it's that simple.

I used kik for a short period of time and like you say OP often it's for a reason they only use kik. I dont have fab and real life if I'm going to share myself with someone then it's real but maybe that's only because I'm looking for some sort of longevity within our relationship.

In my experience they are hiding a relationship or only interested in sex texting and sharing pictures which I have zero interest in with someone I've never met. I will not go down that rd. So I deleted the app as a total waste of time. "

I am curious about something though - do people not share things like photos and videos on WhatsApp? Is it all about sex chat in person on there? I don’t use WhatsApp so I don’t know, yes that is true

Such a deep thread

"I am curious about something though - do people not share things like photos and videos on WhatsApp? Is it all about sex chat in person on there? I don’t use WhatsApp so I don’t know, yes that is true "

I chat to some on whatsapp...in fact it was from a message off there that I logged back on today...to pass a message onto someone on here.

"Such a deep thread "

You love a deep thread.

"I am curious about something though - do people not share things like photos and videos on WhatsApp? Is it all about sex chat in person on there? I don’t use WhatsApp so I don’t know, yes that is true

I chat to some on whatsapp...in fact it was from a message off there that I logged back on today...to pass a message onto someone on here. "

Hello you

"Such a deep thread

You love being deep balls. "

Yes I do

"Such a deep thread

You love being deep balls.

Yes I do "

Balls deep darling!!

"I am curious about something though - do people not share things like photos and videos on WhatsApp? Is it all about sex chat in person on there? I don’t use WhatsApp so I don’t know, yes that is true "

Yes, you can do, but it's connected to your phone number so doesn't afford the same anonymity kik does.

I have done in the past but I also did that with people from dating apps. I prefer to chat regular stuff with people I wanted to meet. Sex chat bores me.

Just to say as well - people on fab in couples and supposedly exclusive with someone ‘cheat’ it’s not just married people. "

To all this.

"Such a deep thread

You love being deep balls.

Yes I do

Balls deep darling!! "

White hat, hat white love

Oh no. I'd never sully WhatsApp like that. I use KiK when I want to have a quick wank and see a couple of dick pics. WhatsApp is for those I feel a real connection with and we engage in deep, soul searching conversation and discuss each other's lives in a truly open way.

"I am curious about something though - do people not share things like photos and videos on WhatsApp? Is it all about sex chat in person on there? I don’t use WhatsApp so I don’t know, yes that is true

I have done in the past but I also did that with people from dating apps. I prefer to chat regular stuff with people I wanted to meet. Sex chat bores me. "

Sex chat makes me laugh and cringe in equal measures it’s not for me either.

Oh no. I'd never sully WhatsApp like that. I use KiK when I want to have a quick wank and see a couple of dick pics. WhatsApp is for those I feel a real connection with and we engage in deep, soul searching conversation and discuss each other's lives in a truly open way."

Er Meli ... so when you have chatted to me on kik are you wanking?

I chat to some on whatsapp...in fact it was from a message off there that I logged back on today...to pass a message onto someone on here.

Hello you "

How do

Yes, you can do, but it's connected to your phone number so doesn't afford the same anonymity kik does. "

Thank you

Hello you

How do "

Long time no latte

Babs are you taking over the thread ?

Oh no. I'd never sully WhatsApp like that. I use KiK when I want to have a quick wank and see a couple of dick pics. WhatsApp is for those I feel a real connection with and we engage in deep, soul searching conversation and discuss each other's lives in a truly open way.

Er Meli ... so when you have chatted to me on kik are you wanking? "

Of course. Why do you think I message you first thing in the morning and late at night?

Hello you

How do

Long time no latte "

I'm on the market for a new machine...its the only thing I've worn out lately

Er Meli ... so when you have chatted to me on kik are you wanking?

Of course. Why do you think I message you first thing in the morning and late at night? "

I thought it was an early morning pant - all breathless like

I have done in the past but I also did that with people from dating apps. I prefer to chat regular stuff with people I wanted to meet. Sex chat bores me. "

This . Especially the sex chat part. I just find myself switching off and losing interest very quickly.

"Babs are you taking over the thread ? "

Rude boy. Send nudes but only on kik

Yes and at the moment it has end to end encryption so no one can spy on your conversations or your pics/vids only the people who are involved That's why governments and other bodies don't like it and trying to get a back door included

"Babs are you taking over the thread ?

Rude boy. Send nudes but only on kik "

I use Snapchat for that

WhatsApp to talk

Kik to chat

Instagram to pull

Facebook to make bff

Twitter to tweet my anger towards ppl who drive fiat Panda

Reddit to re edit stuffs

Yes and at the moment it has end to end encryption so no one can spy on your conversations or your pics/vids only the people who are involved That's why governments and other bodies don't like it and trying to get a back door included"

Goodness you live and learn.

"

Of course. Why do you think I message you first thing in the morning and late at night?

I thought it was an early morning pant - all breathless like "

That's the effect you have on everyone.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

It’s so folk can text you at 3am with

“U Up?”

Then at 3:02am : “I’m horny lol”

Then at 3:20am : “Hello?”

Then 4 weeks of no contact later at 7pm they message again : “Hi”

"It’s so folk can text you at 3am with

“U Up?”

Then at 3:02am : “I’m horny lol”

Then at 3:20am : “Hello?”

Then 4 weeks of no contact later at 7pm they message again : “Hi”

"

You summed up the story of my life

I use Snapchat for that

WhatsApp to talk

Kik to chat

Instagram to pull

Facebook to make bff

Reddit to re edit stuffs "

Love your bunny ears filters

I use Snapchat for that

WhatsApp to talk

Kik to chat

Instagram to pull

Facebook to make bff

Reddit to re edit stuffs

Love your bunny ears filters "

I was d*unk and young

By *asterslittlewhoreCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I had this recently....never giving out my number again!!!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I don't use it but I assume it may partly be due to potential permanent loss of contact with people who they have limited or no other ways of sustaining their interaction, eg they don't have numbers for them.

We're also creatures of habit, so are often resistant to change. Sometimes lazy even.

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

"I chat to people on here only. If I like and trust them they can have my phone number as nothing to hide and wouldn’t chat to anyone for the sake of it.

I rarely meet anyone so have no need for a middle stage now. For me, I prefer a degree of transparency and trust.

The question and in the spirt of the post, yes I have been an annoyance to some in the myriad of KIK posts since the announcement.

The thing that raises hackles and people start trying to justify and defend in many different ways, the need for the anonymity that KIK gave them.

Just brings to mind, a famous saying from Hamlet.

"The lady doth protest too much, me thinks"

There are many different ways people can communicate if they are sincere"

Yes I suppose it’s also dependent on how you use the site. For me I only meet people who have become good friends first, and it’s few and far between. I don’t see them as any different from meeting on any other kind of site. If they behave odd via the phone I know sooner there’s something up. I’ve never had an issue with being mithered at all hours, the guys I’m friends with are not demanding or needy. Works well for me.

Manchester (he/him)

Apologies for posting and running folks, it wasnt my intention to drop a grenade of sorts and run off!

Much as I stated in my OP; there are many reasons why people want to keep things private or retain privacy and I'm aware that I'm probably in the lowest risk group for being pestered by someone in possession of my number!

Speaking personally though, I've found that a willingness to freely offer my number to people has given tacit proof that I'm not hiding anything. I'm not sure that kik necessarily doesnt do the opposite, from my standpoint.

"Apologies for posting and running folks, it wasnt my intention to drop a grenade of sorts and run off!

Much as I stated in my OP; there are many reasons why people want to keep things private or retain privacy and I'm aware that I'm probably in the lowest risk group for being pestered by someone in possession of my number!

Speaking personally though, I've found that a willingness to freely offer my number to people has given tacit proof that I'm not hiding anything. I'm not sure that kik necessarily doesnt do the opposite, from my standpoint.

"

I still don’t see how giving your number means that people aren’t hiding anything though. Two phones, different sims. All things are possible I’m sure.

Manchester (he/him)

"Apologies for posting and running folks, it wasnt my intention to drop a grenade of sorts and run off!

I still don’t see how giving your number means that people aren’t hiding anything though. Two phones, different sims. All things are possible I’m sure. "

They are, I find though that trust requires a step from both directions.

I was in a relationship with someone who hid her live in boyfriend from me for two years and I was connected to her on every form of social media, spent nights at her house and had been on holiday together with our kids. There is always the potential for deception in every aspect of life, I just choose not to see it in everyone.

I find that a willingness to meet in the middle and a demonstration of trust on my part is very often welcome and respected.

I still don’t see how giving your number means that people aren’t hiding anything though. Two phones, different sims. All things are possible I’m sure. "

Because normally people in relationships or married have a different behaviour pattern than single people. There are tell tell signs.

Manchester (he/him)

"

I still don’t see how giving your number means that people aren’t hiding anything though. Two phones, different sims. All things are possible I’m sure.

I was in a relationship with someone who hid her live in boyfriend from me for two years and I was connected to her on every form of social media, spent nights at her house and had been on holiday together with our kids. There is always the potential for deception in every aspect of life, I just choose not to see it in everyone.

I find that a willingness to meet in the middle and a demonstration of trust on my part is very often welcome and respected. "

I've just realised that this sounds like a rather cold and calculated choice on my part. It really isn't. Its only on reflection that I've realised this to be the case for myself

I find that a willingness to meet in the middle and a demonstration of trust on my part is very often welcome and respected. "

I feel that way too TM.

Because normally people in relationships or married have a different behaviour pattern than single people. There are tell tell signs. "

And there are assumptions. I believe that you will find exactly the same behaviours on both - no matter how careful you are because it’s about the person you are interacting with not the choice of media you use in my opinion.

"

I find that a willingness to meet in the middle and a demonstration of trust on my part is very often welcome and respected.

I've just realised that this sounds like a rather cold and calculated choice on my part. It really isn't. Its only on reflection that I've realised this to be the case for myself "

I don’t give my number and people respect that. If someone expected my number then I would know that they’re not for me.

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

We like it as you can add all parties to it,I have spoken to couples on kik that wanted reassurance that they can meet Jack with my permission.

Also as others have said,I wouldn't give my mobile out to people ,I have in past as a single,and they turned out to be pests who text and called at all hours.

Miss

Because normally people in relationships or married have a different behaviour pattern than single people. There are tell tell signs.

And there are assumptions. I believe that you will find exactly the same behaviours on both - no matter how careful you are because it’s about the person you are interacting with not the choice of media you use in my opinion. "

It's only from my personal experience over 10 years. But yes you are absolutely right it's about whatever words for each individual.

And there are assumptions. I believe that you will find exactly the same behaviours on both - no matter how careful you are because it’s about the person you are interacting with not the choice of media you use in my opinion.

It's only from my personal experience over 10 years. But yes you are absolutely right it's about whatever words for each individual. "

"

I've just realised that this sounds like a rather cold and calculated choice on my part. It really isn't. Its only on reflection that I've realised this to be the case for myself

I don’t give my number and people respect that. If someone expected my number then I would know that they’re not for me. "

I guess that’s how different we all are as if someone was reluctant to exchange numbers after chatting and before meeting then I know they are not for me. I seem to get in better with the guys that have willingly offered there number. They have turned out to be sane and pretty good guys. The guy I am with now gave me Kik initially but I told him I wouldn’t meet until we have each other’s numbers. He gave it luckily and now we are together. A phone call makes a massive difference to me before meeting.

"

I don’t give my number and people respect that. If someone expected my number then I would know that they’re not for me.

I guess that’s how different we all are as if someone was reluctant to exchange numbers after chatting and before meeting then I know they are not for me. I seem to get in better with the guys that have willingly offered there number. They have turned out to be sane and pretty good guys. The guy I am with now gave me Kik initially but I told him I wouldn’t meet until we have each other’s numbers. He gave it luckily and now we are together. A phone call makes a massive difference to me before meeting. "

Exactly. We do what works for us

"My number is connected to social media and I have to hide the fact that I’m actually a famous man "

Don't worry Elton, your secret is safe with me.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I just use fab. It works well enough for me.

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

Where do I start? Prior to Fab I used a chat room during a period when I slept very little. The place was full of folk that are bat shit crazy. Amongst the bat shit crazy there were a handful of relatively normal ppl from all around the world. Would I have ever given them my number or personal details? Absolutely not!!!

While I was using the chat room I came across someone who used Fab, he recommended I join. Obviously I did and very quickly found the forum. Now using the forum comes with additional red flags aside from avoiding the bat shit crazy folk. Firstly you have the absence of the six degrees of separation. This in my opinion increases the risk of your anonymity and privacy being compromised. In addition there is the rate at which people ‘gossip’ behind the scenes.

Taking all this into consideration yes I’d much rather have the anonymity of kik, I don’t even use my name everyone calls me Pink. This does allow me the luxury of including personal things within conversations as I have the anonymity.

For me the ‘furore’ is primarily about anonymity and keeping Fab separate from real life.

There are plenty of sanctimonious folk around the forum not wanting to get ‘caught’ that regularly rant about cheats. They generally can’t state vigorously enough in their profile that they won’t meet them despite the fact they’re cheating or have cheated themselves and on occasion start threads about it.

In conclusion I’d say kik is an invaluable tool for anonymity, privacy, lies, deceit and convenience. Whatever your view you can’t get away from the fact that you are conversing with strangers and meeting for the most part no strings attached sex. Why the hell do you need to know their name, address, date of birth, or for that matter should it be compulsory to show a face pic on your profile?

By *ed and WolfieCouple  over a year ago

Gravesend

"I am married and use kik but for me it is more that your phone number can be used in many ways to track you down and you never know who you are dealing with. "

Exactly this.

Before I discovered kik I had people trace my address from my phone number

» Add a new message to this topic