FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > queuing @ petrol stations

queuing @ petrol stations

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I had a quarter tank of fuel left in the car this evening and thought i would top up on the way home, every station i was going to stop at there was a dam cue! which was very frustrating, has any one else seen this in there part of the world ?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Yes....thanks to Cameron and co. scaring people on todays news programmes and papers.....

Plant a seed.....

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Not happened here yet, but come the weekend i think it will

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

They want panic buying so they can create a crisis to divert from the budget

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Glad I filled up when I got paid yesterday. I believe Cameron was putting the frighteners out about the tanker drivers going on strike

Forum Mod

Stupid fucking man! now hes created a panic

By *ustyWoman  over a year ago

inverclyde

oh that reminds me i need fuel

There's been a panic here since bloody Tuesday! Idiots! They'll be clearing Morrisons of bread next grrrr!

Get used to queueing, you will need petrol and water down south soon lol

Torquay

Just watched the interview with the Petrol Retailers Assocoation where he described the government of acting in a totally irresponsible manner....

There is even the suggestion tonight that insurers of petrol stations might not allow troops to drive tankers onto their forecourts because of their inadequate safety training.

What a total mess.....

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

The Army has been called in and I've lost half my guys to emergency training!

Thats fucked their Easter stand down!

I filled up tonight, at Waitrose, cheapest petrol and no queues.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Just called at Tesco petrol station to get some milk and go to the cashpoint - its closed, ran out of fuel this afternoon.

Gridlock at the junction earlier too with queues to get onto the petrol station completely blocking the road

"I had a quarter tank of fuel left in the car this evening and thought i would top up on the way home, every station i was going to stop at there was a dam cue! which was very frustrating, has any one else seen this in there part of the world ? "

same here in Blackpool

Mayhem north of.Blackpool.......one station.has run out and I had to queue up for half an hour for the privilege of putting seventy quids worth of fuel in my car.......need it for work....

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

Just a thought. It'd be pretty darn stupid to queue at a greengrocers wouldn't it?

By *eighleedsMan  over a year ago

leeds

"

Just a thought. It'd be pretty darn stupid to queue at a greengrocers wouldn't it?"

or as the BBC website has it 'Motorists fill up at a forecourt'

Like they would fill up anywhere else

"

Just a thought. It'd be pretty darn stupid to queue at a greengrocers wouldn't it?

or as the BBC website has it 'Motorists fill up at a forecourt'

Like they would fill up anywhere else

"

Lots get it on the sly round here. Fuel theft is bid business

Well thought i would beat the rush and get down and fill up at 7 am this morning, there was a cue ! took me 30 min to get to in, the guy at pump next to me put £15 unleaded in before he realised he should have been putting diesel in

"They want panic buying so they can create a crisis to divert from the budget"

I think the incentive to go and fuel up now was to empty the forecourt petrol storage containers so that they could be refilled in time for any strike action. A smart move I think as the govt would have had garages with varying degrees of empty, half empty and nearly full tanks.

They should have said that though. We're adult enough to handle the truth I think.

"There is even the suggestion tonight that insurers of petrol stations might not allow troops to drive tankers onto their forecourts because of their inadequate safety training."

If that's the case then surely they shouldn't be allowing the regular tanker drivers onto their forecourts either as that's what this strike action is all about isn't it: circumventing Health & Safety.

By *parrow77Man  over a year ago

cheshire

The whole idea by the horrid govt is to force panic buy shortage which will force the union to reconsider an avoid a strike.

It has no other motive but to try break down public support of the strike,

"The whole idea by the horrid govt is to force panic buy shortage which will force the union to reconsider an avoid a strike.

It has no other motive but to try break down public support of the strike, "

There isn't much public support of it. This hasn't got a patch on the petrol protests of 2000 where thousands of people joined forces to protest at fuel prices, and ironically, they were a LOT lower then than they are now. That tells a story on it's own.

cheshire

I agree but the govt do believe that one strike does spark others which they fear if ppl start to agree with it they will support it, plus the other unions may use it to strike public workers which would cripple the uk.

Personally I say strike an get This govt out

By *danteMan  over a year ago

rhonda

"They want panic buying so they can create a crisis to divert from the budget

I think the incentive to go and fuel up now was to empty the forecourt petrol storage containers so that they could be refilled in time for any strike action. A smart move I think as the govt would have had garages with varying degrees of empty, half empty and nearly full tanks.

They should have said that though. We're adult enough to handle the truth I think."

allso with everyone having full tanks in there cars any strike that occurs. The goverment can hold out for at least a cpl of weeks without it affecting the public to much and give them time to get there army plans working

"I agree but the govt do believe that one strike does spark others which they fear if ppl start to agree with it they will support it, plus the other unions may use it to strike public workers which would cripple the uk.

Personally I say strike an get This govt out "

And replace it with whom? The Labour Party are nowhere near ready to take the helm again.

"I agree but the govt do believe that one strike does spark others which they fear if ppl start to agree with it they will support it, plus the other unions may use it to strike public workers which would cripple the uk.

Personally I say strike an get This govt out "

And replace it with who? The twats who allowed most of our gold reserves to be sold when the gold price was at an all time low?

Whoever's in charge - lets face it - the whole country has been run badly for the last 20 odd years so does it really matter who's calling the shots?

On a seperate note - drove through Swindon yesterday and all the big supermarkets (and there's lots!) had run out - ended up pulling over and phoning stations to check on supply - and then had to queue for an hour to get some!

Largely due to the huge number of twats in massive 4x4's (the Chelsea tractor variety - not the working kind!) filling up half a dozen jerry cans each! The guy in front of me's bill was pushing £200!

Thinking it's getting closer to 'emigration time' than ever before!!

By *rs and mr sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

Boldon

"Well thought i would beat the rush and get down and fill up at 7 am this morning, there was a cue ! took me 30 min to get to in, the guy at pump next to me put £15 unleaded in before he realised he should have been putting diesel in "

Oops! I did that when I filled the car up for the first time - I've always had petrol. I asked the forecourt attendant what I should do and he said - 'Oh, just fill it up with the diesel, it will be fine' so I did. Luckily I was telling a friend of mine what I had done and they told me to take it to a garage asap as a lot of damage could be done - apparently the newer cars are more sensitive. Cost me £80 and a tank of fuel but I saved it in time, it's ran fine ever since

"On a seperate note - drove through Swindon yesterday and all the big supermarkets (and there's lots!) had run out - ended up pulling over and phoning stations to check on supply - and then had to queue for an hour to get some!

Largely due to the huge number of twats in massive 4x4's (the Chelsea tractor variety - not the working kind!) filling up half a dozen jerry cans each! The guy in front of me's bill was pushing £200!

Thinking it's getting closer to 'emigration time' than ever before!!"

Our 1.8L Avensis does 350 miles on a full tank (35mpg) but these big 4x4 guzzlers do a lot less and thus need refuelling a lot sooner with a lot more fuel so I'm not surprised that the owners of Chelsea tractors were filling up jerry cans as well as their tanks.

Garages should adopt a standing practice that in times of strife customers can only refuel one container per visit - either a can or a car.

"On a seperate note - drove through Swindon yesterday and all the big supermarkets (and there's lots!) had run out - ended up pulling over and phoning stations to check on supply - and then had to queue for an hour to get some!

Thinking it's getting closer to 'emigration time' than ever before!!

Our 1.8L Avensis does 350 miles on a full tank (35mpg) but these big 4x4 guzzlers do a lot less and thus need refuelling a lot sooner with a lot more fuel so I'm not surprised that the owners of Chelsea tractors were filling up jerry cans as well as their tanks.

Garages should adopt a standing practice that in times of strife customers can only refuel one container per visit - either a can or a car."

Good plan! I filled mine up - £75 and i'll get about 650 miles out of that - but that'll be gone in less than a week through work.

I actually got beeped whilst filling up by a woman an a spotless range rover with 3 kids seats in the back - containing (and never been one for political correctness!) the three fattest kids i've seen in a long time all stuffing their faces with crisps/mars bars! Highly likely this was a 'school run' vehicle as i'm sure we've all seen these daily.

Just wish i'd had a bigger tank/half a dozen cans - so i'd got the last drop out before she could.

Pretty sure a walk to school would have done the whole brood some good.

All though someone did make me laugh the other day when they said 'at least this childhood obesity epidemic should solve the pensions crisis in 30 years!!'

I gave up trying to get some this morning.. I am on empty, have been for two days.. Was going to fill up yesterday but it was around the island and down the road.

Even the expensive garages are full.. I am going to go at about 6am tmw now I think.

On the plus side.. the car I am wanting to buy has just gone down another £200 quid..

Cali

Torquay

How could you possibly know how far these children lived from their school?

Silly assumption to make that these kids could have safely walked to their school....all based on a bit of Range Rover envy I would guess.

"How could you possibly know how far these children lived from their school?

Silly assumption to make that these kids could have safely walked to their school....all based on a bit of Range Rover envy I would guess.

"

I live 0.8 miles from my daughters school and drive her every day... People may think thats being lazy.. but she is disabled and cant walk that.

My other two children go to schools out of area.. so again have to drive them, but I really wouldnt be able to do my school run without the car as I have to drop off at three places at totally different areas.

My local fuel station has just put a £50 limit on buying fuel.

Cali

"

Ok - a generalisation - but I know plenty (sadly family included) of people who drive half a mile in gas guzzling 4x4's twice a day just to do the school run, when once in a while, weather permitting, it would do them no harm to stretch their legs!

And no - I don't want a Range Rover - but if anyone's got a cheap convertible for sale.......

Torquay

We live in a free country, people are permitted to spend their hard earned money on whatever vehicle they wish to...if that means some people choose to drive 4x4's just because they like them then it's their business and no-one elses....

All this drivel about 'Chelsea Tractors' comes across as little more than envy at times....I only care about what car I drive, couldn't give a toss what others choose to spend their money on.

"We live in a free country, people are permitted to spend their hard earned money on whatever vehicle they wish to...if that means some people choose to drive 4x4's just because they like them then it's their business and no-one elses....

All this drivel about 'Chelsea Tractors' comes across as little more than envy at times....I only care about what car I drive, couldn't give a toss what others choose to spend their money on.

"

Totally agree with this.. Recently a guy I know finally had saved up enough to buy the aston martin he wanted.. Now to be fair... They are not that expensive now if you dont buy new.. but the comments so called friends made about him..

He had always wanted one.. and got one..

I wont say I dont judge drivers though.. but its normally the cheap cars that I think noooo why... lol but I guess some people see a car as a tool to get from a-b. where as for me its a passion of mine.

Oh and it seems at times like this the big engine cars and big car drivers get loads of stick.. like its there fault there is no fuel at the pumps.. not like its idiots panic buying that is the issue.

I will put my normal £20 for the week in tmw..and maybe if its looking worse by the morning.. stuff another tenner in.

Cali

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"They want panic buying so they can create a crisis to divert from the budget

They should have said that though. We're adult enough to handle the truth I think."

thats one way of looking at it....

the other way would have been to tell people there was no need to panic.. rather than one minister telling people to fill up jerry cans with petrol..

wouldn't the best suggestion have been to tell people that the union have to give at least 7 days notification of any strike action... and since they haven't said anything yet at the moment there is no need to panic buy

but i think the cynics are right... it deflects from pasty and granny taxes....

Driving up to Derbyshire today for a few days. Had to queue for fuel. I am a little worried that I may be coming home on the train (electric not diesel).

Torquay

"

the other way would have been to tell people there was no need to panic.. rather than one minister telling people to fill up jerry cans with petrol..

wouldn't the best suggestion have been to tell people that the union have to give at least 7 days notification of any strike action... and since they haven't said anything yet at the moment there is no need to panic buy

"

I always believed it was the duty of government to calm panic within the public/electorate....This government have done exactly the opposite which is most strange.

I have to worry how this government would cope if there was ever a real crisis?.....after last years riots they seem to have learnt nothing about crisis management.

Forum Mod

I may pump up the tyres on my bike

This could be good for me

Torquay

"I may pump up the tyres on my bike

This could be good for me "

Good luck with the weekly food shop and that bike....

Camerons a ass lol xxx

i work at a petrol station lol and if he hadnt of set people off panic buying and get their fuel normally ..the garage would have enuff to supply...but hey ho he sparked everyone off and now theres no diesel and unleaded aint far behind... and guess wat lol a tanker is due to do a normal delivery... sooooooo if everyone stopped panicing and jus carried on as normal there wouldnt be a problem lol xxx

You won't catch me waiting in a queue for fuel, I'm just gonna siphon off the neighbours tanks while their sleeping

Forum Mod

"I may pump up the tyres on my bike

This could be good for me

Good luck with the weekly food shop and that bike.... "

It could be managed as we have enough local shops nearby to not need to do a massive shop,the problem would be when they can't get their deliveries from suppliers because everyone has panicked and bought all the the fuel and emptied the garages because some brainless idiot told them to

If I filled up today, I'd need another full tank by the time of the 'supposed' strike anyway, that is assuming that it does go ahead !

As long as I can get to Bradford and back on Saturday, I'm happy. The rest, I can improvise !

"

There is even the suggestion tonight that insurers of petrol stations might not allow troops to drive tankers onto their forecourts because of their inadequate safety training.

What a total mess..... "

That won't be a problem in the slightest, The Government will underwrite the insurance in the event of a tanker driven by a member of the Armed forces damaging a petrol station...

Amazing round my way what lengths people go to to get their clubcard points. Including me until I realised that the BP garage 100 yards away sells it a penny cheaper anyway and its probably better fuel.

A huge gridlock in Tesco's yesterday, and only one pump serving diesel drove into the BP garage straight to a pump.

Got to admire Tesco's marketing, even if it does reduce people to retarded sheep.

Torquay

Maybe the government will look again at the call from leading economists in 2010 to invest heavily in Bus transport.

The increased taxes they have enjoyed in the treasury due to fuel duty expansion since the last election is something like £1.4 Billion according to the FT.....that £1.4 Billion would change the Bus services in this country in massive ways....time to start investing into alternatives to private car ownership maybe?

"Maybe the government will look again at the call from leading economists in 2010 to invest heavily in Bus transport.

The increased taxes they have enjoyed in the treasury due to fuel duty expansion since the last election is something like £1.4 Billion according to the FT.....that £1.4 Billion would change the Bus services in this country in massive ways....time to start investing into alternatives to private car ownership maybe?"

What and sit on a bus next to other crazy people like me... they told me i had to be separated from other people

hexham

"

I always believed it was the duty of government to calm panic within the public/electorate....This government have done exactly the opposite which is most strange.

I have to worry how this government would cope if there was ever a real crisis?.....after last years riots they seem to have learnt nothing about crisis management."

It was deliberate, if people are talking about petrol they are not talking about daves dodgy dinners and the budget.

Even the tory spin doctor on the radio admits this is why its happened.

"Maybe the government will look again at the call from leading economists in 2010 to invest heavily in Bus transport.

The increased taxes they have enjoyed in the treasury due to fuel duty expansion since the last election is something like £1.4 Billion according to the FT.....that £1.4 Billion would change the Bus services in this country in massive ways....time to start investing into alternatives to private car ownership maybe?

What and sit on a bus next to other crazy people like me... they told me i had to be separated from other people "

You bus drivers aren't supposed to have company in the cab!!

What and sit on a bus next to other crazy people like me... they told me i had to be separated from other people

You bus drivers aren't supposed to have company in the cab!! "

lucky im not a bus driver then lol... they only let me drive things that are significantly smaller than the average vehicle on the road...

Ah the errors of our greedy ways, i believe the majority of our great country voted the tory Eton boys into power,now not long after we are starting to see the error of our self interested selfs .Now for my rant .All those who can walk to work walk,all who pick our little darlings from school to save them the dreaded 200 yard yomp home,let them walk and make use of there £200 pairs of training shoes ,and if our fridges are running low on our little darlings fav sugar induced comas ,do without, so all you who drive your 3 LTR cars,me included ,leave them in the garrage if you dont genuly need them .I would hate to see what would happen if the country hit a real crisis, where i live is near a school and the amount of mums who pick there kids up from school in big gas gusslers is beyond reason they sit 10 mins with engines purring ,and most stay very local,give your car wallet and your hearts a break if you need to pick kiddies up Walk .make with the feet ,shop local , and save the fuel for the inportant things .

"Ah the errors of our greedy ways, i believe the majority of our great country voted the tory Eton boys into power,now not long after we are starting to see the error of our self interested selfs .Now for my rant .All those who can walk to work walk,all who pick our little darlings from school to save them the dreaded 200 yard yomp home,let them walk and make use of there £200 pairs of training shoes ,and if our fridges are running low on our little darlings fav sugar induced comas ,do without, so all you who drive your 3 LTR cars,me included ,leave them in the garrage if you dont genuly need them .I would hate to see what would happen if the country hit a real crisis, where i live is near a school and the amount of mums who pick there kids up from school in big gas gusslers is beyond reason they sit 10 mins with engines purring ,and most stay very local,give your car wallet and your hearts a break if you need to pick kiddies up Walk .make with the feet ,shop local , and save the fuel for the inportant things ."

Just filled up and there seems to be no problems with shortages now round here.

"Camerons a ass lol xxx

i work at a petrol station lol and if he hadnt of set people off panic buying and get their fuel normally ..the garage would have enuff to supply...but hey ho he sparked everyone off and now theres no diesel and unleaded aint far behind... and guess wat lol a tanker is due to do a normal delivery... sooooooo if everyone stopped panicing and jus carried on as normal there wouldnt be a problem lol xxx "

Its stupid.. I am hoping I can get some now..I always fill up on a thursday or a friday, put £20-30quid in... As I have a child dependant on my car.. it starts to worry me that I wont be able to get the fuel..

Cali

yes cameron is a a------------,never had to be in the real world before poor little Eton boy

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"I had a quarter tank of fuel left in the car this evening and thought i would top up on the way home, every station i was going to stop at there was a dam cue! which was very frustrating, has any one else seen this in there part of the world ? "

the pumps were dry at 4 of the 6 stations on s/w side of wycombe this lunchtime

By *elshmailMan  over a year ago

neath

yea same here in south wales, muppets they are, if they filled up normal all would be ok.

cheshire

All empty near me I have enough just to manage to get to work if this panic buyin slows soon

Ain't ideal though

who set the panic buying going ,yes our very own, ETON BOY,

our wee garage had a delivery today......

By *if42Man  over a year ago

dundee

yep....I'm a taxi driver in Dundee...dropped off in Glasgow and went to my local Tesco's back of 9 this morning when it's usually not too busy and it was queued back out onto the main drag!!

Anyone else noticed its gone up a few pence today too?

Oh local now only has super fuel left.... And what is worse is its bringing the local area to A standstill.. as all 4 supermarkets are on roundabouts and people are blocking it off...

It's stupid.

Cali

what are you all like,cant live without yoyr cars

"what are you all like,cant live without yoyr cars"

No actually I can't.. as means my children will not get to school.. I can walk there but my daughter can't... Don't have wheelchair friendly paths either...

Cali

"Anyone else noticed its gone up a few pence today too?

Oh local now only has super fuel left.... And what is worse is its bringing the local area to A standstill.. as all 4 supermarkets are on roundabouts and people are blocking it off...

It's stupid.

Cali "

One near me has gone up 6p a litre today.

And yes the traffic blocking the roads is a pain in the ass

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"what are you all like,cant live without yoyr cars

No actually I can't.. as means my children will not get to school.. I can walk there but my daughter can't... Don't have wheelchair friendly paths either...

Cali "

I thought everywhere had drivers for people who couldnt walk or had some form of learning difficulties. They all have drivers here that go round and pick the children up to and from school or they have accounts with the local taxi service and people just escort them. I thought it was the same all over the country

Have to say i really dont understand all this panicing. Im not denying some people need their cars, but do majority of people need them as much as they think Also do people really think the country will come to a standstill?

I just think its scare mongering, but i guess we will only know if and when it happens

Just filled up in the village, no queues, no increase in price.... but it was mad in Lichfield earlier- queuing everywhere!

These bloody garages ought be prevented from blatant profiteering. I saw one independant garage owner on TV bleating on about how he'd had to buy in more supplies at a higher price and if the strike doesn't happen he'll have to keep his prices high to break even. He has gambled on there being a strike and he's moaning about the cost to him if there isn't one. The poor little greedy bastard!

IMO the whole 'Quick! Buy fuel now before the strike hits!' scaremongering is simply to make sure that everyone has full tanks so that on the day of the strike itself, the government will not only NOT lose any revenue because of it, it will probably actually MAKE money due to it!!!

It's a very cunning plan I believe, especially as the whole point of the strike is to hit the govenment where it hurts (revenue) and it seems that it will actually benefit them!

"IMO the whole 'Quick! Buy fuel now before the strike hits!' scaremongering is simply to make sure that everyone has full tanks so that on the day of the strike itself, the government will not only NOT lose any revenue because of it, it will probably actually MAKE money due to it!!!

It's a very cunning plan I believe, especially as the whole point of the strike is to hit the govenment where it hurts (revenue) and it seems that it will actually benefit them! "

The point of the strike has nothing to do with the govt, it's about Unite saying that Health & Safety procedures have been eroded and that their drivers are at risk.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

No fuel anywhere in Bradford it seems...

Unless you use LPG.

Garage manager at my local says its nuts, all his deliveries for the next 4 days are going to be as normal.

Madness ....

Bradford

[Removed by poster at 29/03/12 15:33:08]

Bradford

"These bloody garages ought be prevented from blatant profiteering. I saw one independant garage owner on TV bleating on about how he'd had to buy in more supplies at a higher price and if the strike doesn't happen he'll have to keep his prices high to break even. He has gambled on there being a strike and he's moaning about the cost to him if there isn't one. The poor little greedy bastard!

"

During the last strike a garage in Halifax put the prices up and ripped everyone off.

When the strike ended no one went again, and he went out of business..

Karma or what !

Forum Mod

While I was out earlier every garage that I drove past had a massive queue and one had the biggest security guard I have ever seen directing people

One pissed off bunny here. Needed petrol, no queue but, they had run out of regular unleaded. Had to pay 7 pence extra per litre for some fancy performance stuff . Seems there's none of the normal unleaded anywhere in Milton Keynes

In order to make a man or boy covet a thing, it is only necessary to make the thing difficult to attain.

Mark Twain.

"

I thought everywhere had drivers for people who couldnt walk or had some form of learning difficulties. They all have drivers here that go round and pick the children up to and from school or they have accounts with the local taxi service and people just escort them. I thought it was the same all over the country"

Only if you live more than 2 miles away.. and that's any where. Or your child goes to special school. I've kept her in main stream...

Cali

"

I thought everywhere had drivers for people who couldnt walk or had some form of learning difficulties. They all have drivers here that go round and pick the children up to and from school or they have accounts with the local taxi service and people just escort them. I thought it was the same all over the country

Only if you live more than 2 miles away.. and that's any where. Or your child goes to special school. I've kept her in main stream...

Cali "

Oh its different here then cause it doesnt matter how far the child lives. Theres alot of things that we have in our county that ive always thought are countrywide but appear not to be

"

Cali

Oh its different here then cause it doesnt matter how far the child lives. Theres alot of things that we have in our county that ive always thought are countrywide but appear not to be"

If they go to special school they are all picked up, no matter how far.. but as its not a special school its not.

I have found that to be the same across many areas.. ( friends etc and living in different areas) but that is why I get an allowance to have a car for her.

Cali

By *eamCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

Bugger got a V10

"

Cali

Oh its different here then cause it doesnt matter how far the child lives. Theres alot of things that we have in our county that ive always thought are countrywide but appear not to beIf they go to special school they are all picked up, no matter how far.. but as its not a special school its not.

I have found that to be the same across many areas.. ( friends etc and living in different areas) but that is why I get an allowance to have a car for her.

Cali "

Thats what i mean, things we have here i just thought where nationwide. No school here is more than a mile from anyone that lives in the town. All children with disabilites (unless its something really severe) go to main stream schools. There is that many wheelchair users at the secondary school they have there own basketball kind of thing team and they all got these designer sports wheelchairs for them. Pretty amazing really as when my cousin went to main stream school years ago they had to fight for her to go

By *ixson-BallsMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

why is it the gov't fault for panic buying??...as a lot on this thread intimate?

as far as i'm aware the gov't said there's no need to panic buy as unite have to give 7 days notice...

its fucking irresponsible idiots who hear of potential fuel strike and think fuck everybody i'm getting my tank full...

hence queuing when no bleeding need...

jeez....talk of people being sheep...

"why is it the gov't fault for panic buying??...as a lot on this thread intimate?

as far as i'm aware the gov't said there's no need to panic buy as unite have to give 7 days notice...

its fucking irresponsible idiots who hear of potential fuel strike and think fuck everybody i'm getting my tank full...

jeez....talk of people being sheep..."

Hear hear!

Torquay

"why is it the gov't fault for panic buying??...as a lot on this thread intimate?

I think you need to take another look at the statement from Cameron and Co....the official line from the government was to top up your tank and keep it topped up....don't know where you got your take on the matter from....

Reporter on the Wirrel yesterday asked half a dozen people why they were queuing, five replied "because I saw the queue".

Does no one- listen to the news or use their brain anymore. The union have to give 7 days notice of a strike, nothing has been said as yet, so we have at least 8 days before there is any threat at all to supplies. I was running on fumes today and needed petrol, the woman in front of me put 7.34p into her tank!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Maybe ...... but WE sheep have all the fucking petrol.....

By *heiraWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

Its the same here , all over Edinburgh . Managed to get some at Morrisons after a 10 min wait and made sure i filled the tank as without my car i dont work

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

Went straight in to Morrisons today, well I say that I was held up by the delivery lorry that has to go through the forecourt to the tanks but that was only while one woman was paying then sitting in her car putting on her lippy and combing her hair before driving off!!!

By *eamCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

"Went straight in to Morrisons today, well I say that I was held up by the delivery lorry that has to go through the forecourt to the tanks but that was only while one woman was paying then sitting in her car putting on her lippy and combing her hair before driving off!!!"

Sorry

"Went straight in to Morrisons today, well I say that I was held up by the delivery lorry that has to go through the forecourt to the tanks but that was only while one woman was paying then sitting in her car putting on her lippy and combing her hair before driving off!!!"

She filled up in our Morrisons too! Gets around a bit she does.

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

"Went straight in to Morrisons today, well I say that I was held up by the delivery lorry that has to go through the forecourt to the tanks but that was only while one woman was paying then sitting in her car putting on her lippy and combing her hair before driving off!!!

Sorry "

I'll forgive you just this once

"These bloody garages ought be prevented from blatant profiteering. I saw one independant garage owner on TV bleating on about how he'd had to buy in more supplies at a higher price and if the strike doesn't happen he'll have to keep his prices high to break even. He has gambled on there being a strike and he's moaning about the cost to him if there isn't one. The poor little greedy bastard!

During the last strike a garage in Halifax put the prices up and ripped everyone off.

When the strike ended no one went again, and he went out of business..

Karma or what !"

Too bloody right! I'm glad the people in that area remembered the selfish asshole and put him out of business.

jeez....talk of people being sheep...

Maybe ...... but WE sheep have all the fucking petrol..... "

PMSL! I love you GC for you are truly awesome! X

By *ewels74Woman  over a year ago

Dundee/Angus/Blackpool

holy crap watching the news and this one guy has 4 gerry cans filled up....oh well i would say he would have been avoided in the motorway

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

"Went straight in to Morrisons today, well I say that I was held up by the delivery lorry that has to go through the forecourt to the tanks but that was only while one woman was paying then sitting in her car putting on her lippy and combing her hair before driving off!!!

Sorry "

Unlike most women who pull away and then put their lippy on and comb their hair

twas funny where we live!!! we didnt queue for long but it was the arguments that made me larf ... so what this women nearly run over this blokes foot with her car trying to get to the pump!!! she didnt!!!! the row that ensued was hilarious then everyone else started cos they were not filling the cars and going!!!!!

people can be soo funny ...... i am still getting over the shock of how much it cost to fill our car up!!!! jeez

"

I think you need to take another look at the statement from Cameron and Co....the official line from the government was to top up your tank and keep it topped up....don't know where you got your take on the matter from....

"

On our news they state keep it 2/3rds full.. I never have my car that full lol I couldnt get fuel today as I didnt leave time for it... I now have a range of 5 miles... lol I am going at 6am

Cali

"One pissed off bunny here. Needed petrol, no queue but, they had run out of regular unleaded. Had to pay 7 pence extra per litre for some fancy performance stuff . Seems there's none of the normal unleaded anywhere in Milton Keynes "

Don't you believe it. A lot of garages switch off the lower priced regular grade petrol forcing you to buy the more expensive stuff - which people do if they think it's the only fuel they'll be able to get for the foreseeable future.

just what i said earlyer ,me me me me fuck everyone ells

cameron and his Eton boys have realy brain washed some of us.Not me mine will stay in the garrage with its half tank i had last week till i realy need it ,unlike some with the little darling school run and the asda run and the healthclub run all of which is nessary ,NOT, the only people who should be useing there cars are people who have or look after the disabled and the people wh need it for work ,IE too far to walk or doctors nurses and the like ,it is getting up my nose all theise selfish people who are grabbing all the fuel just becaus they think they should be the ones with a full tank, me me me and this is the only thing that the greedy Eton boys are teaching us

By *waymanMan  over a year ago

newcastle

The increased taxes they have enjoyed in the treasury due to fuel duty expansion since the last election is something like £1.4 Billion according to the FT.....that £1.4 Billion would change the Bus services in this country in massive ways....time to start investing into alternatives to private car ownership maybe?"

Not only are the government not investing in bus services they are cutting Bus Services Operators Grant, making many more services financially unviable.

Dam cues? No, never. Are they like billiard cues, but used to dam rivers?

"cameron and his Eton boys have realy brain washed some of us.Not me mine will stay in the garrage with its half tank i had last week till i realy need it ,unlike some with the little darling school run and the asda run and the healthclub run all of which is nessary ,NOT, the only people who should be useing there cars are people who have or look after the disabled and the people wh need it for work ,IE too far to walk or doctors nurses and the like ,it is getting up my nose all theise selfish people who are grabbing all the fuel just becaus they think they should be the ones with a full tank, me me me and this is the only thing that the greedy Eton boys are teaching us "

You seem a bit obsessed with Eton

Torquay

"cameron and his Eton boys have realy brain washed some of us.Not me mine will stay in the garrage with its half tank i had last week till i realy need it ,unlike some with the little darling school run and the asda run and the healthclub run all of which is nessary ,NOT, the only people who should be useing there cars are people who have or look after the disabled and the people wh need it for work ,IE too far to walk or doctors nurses and the like ,it is getting up my nose all theise selfish people who are grabbing all the fuel just becaus they think they should be the ones with a full tank, me me me and this is the only thing that the greedy Eton boys are teaching us

You seem a bit obsessed with Eton "

He used to be obsessed with Elton....until he found out he had married David Furnish.....

Yeah the silly bastards are queuing everywhere tonight. The orange light came on just as I left work for home but I was buggered if I was going to stand in a long queue.

I'll go in the morning, put 20quids worth in like I do every time and if there's none left, then so be it, but I'm damned if I'm gonna sit 45minutes waiting for it

Bradford

"In order to make a man or boy covet a thing, it is only necessary to make the thing difficult to attain.

Mark Twain.

"

Is it the opposite for women? There seems to be several shoe shops on every street.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Why the govt. fault...... Probably because one minister said fill up with jerry cans before he was slapped down by the fire brigade, then another minister said to keep you tank topped up to two thirds full.... So if they are not to blame they certainly didnt help trying to put the genie back into the bottle.....

If it takes then two days to say don't panic and buy normally.. Plus not enough mention they have to give seven day notification to strike

They are going to Acas Monday at the earliest so any possible action would be Tuesday after easter at the most minimum!

Get that message out and the madness ends!!!!!

Bradford

"Reporter on the Wirrel yesterday asked half a dozen people why they were queuing, five replied "because I saw the queue".

Does no one- listen to the news or use their brain anymore. The union have to give 7 days notice of a strike, nothing has been said as yet, so we have at least 8 days before there is any threat at all to supplies. I was running on fumes today and needed petrol, the woman in front of me put 7.34p into her tank!"

Lucky her engine didn't seize up.

There are stupid people and then there are stupid people who panic buy fuel when there isn't even a strike - fucking selfish!

Bradford

Is it just me or does anyone else think that diesel tastes awful?

Torquay

"

Is it just me or does anyone else think that diesel tastes awful? "

It's the rubber hose that you are sucking it through that taints the taste of the fuel...

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"

Is it just me or does anyone else think that diesel tastes awful? "

guessing yr on yr own there mushy

I live 0.8 miles from my daughters school and drive her every day... People may think thats being lazy.. but she is disabled and cant walk that.

My other two children go to schools out of area.. so again have to drive them, but I really wouldnt be able to do my school run without the car as I have to drop off at three places at totally different areas.

My local fuel station has just put a £50 limit on buying fuel.

Cali "

I use my car every day, I don't live far from shops, work or son's school, but I pay a lot of money for my car and I will use it when and where I please - I will never justify the use

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

"

Why the govt. fault...... Probably because one minister said fill up with jerry cans before he was slapped down by the fire brigade, then another minister said to keep you tank topped up to two thirds full.... So if they are not to blame they certainly didnt help trying to put the genie back into the bottle.....

If it takes then two days to say don't panic and buy normally.. Plus not enough mention they have to give seven day notification to strike

They are going to Acas Monday at the earliest so any possible action would be Tuesday after easter at the most minimum!

Get that message out and the madness ends!!!!!"

Well said Fabio!

It's indeed a pity that people are not heeding the advice above.

There is no problem for the present, but why oh why do people resort in the way they have done, in a "F**k everyone else, I'm OK and sorted!" attitude.

I have a friend of mine who is a tanker delivery driver. He and his colleagues are perfectly happy with their financial situation and none of them at their depot signed up for this strike, but they have been told by their Union to be ready to walk out!

It's crazy!

"

I use my car every day, I don't live far from shops, work or son's school, but I pay a lot of money for my car and I will use it when and where I please - I will never justify the use"

I drive for pleasure too.. Love to drive.. I am only pissed off today that I NEED fuel and cant get it till tmw and worrying that I wont get any..

I to be fair tend to walk to the gym, walk to the shops, mates houses etc.. but need my car.

cali

Torquay

"

Get that message out and the madness ends!!!!!

Well said Fabio!

It's indeed a pity that people are not heeding the advice above.

There is no problem for the present, but why oh why do people resort in the way they have done, in a "F**k everyone else, I'm OK and sorted!" attitude.

I have a friend of mine who is a tanker delivery driver. He and his colleagues are perfectly happy with their financial situation and none of them at their depot signed up for this strike, but they have been told by their Union to be ready to walk out!

It's crazy!"

A closed ballot.....how would your friend know how everyone else voted?

Not only are the government not investing in bus services they are cutting Bus Services Operators Grant, making many more services financially unviable.

"

If a business can't afford to be in business - it shouldn't be in business.

Why should bus services have govt grants to operate when they are private companies running them? We use the buses from Gateshead to Newcastle simply because it's cheaper than finding a parking space in town and paying £9 for 4 hours parking. And the fare we pay is more than fair for the excellent service we get for it. Probably worth 50p more if I'm honest.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Yes,it might be considered panic now, but it's for a reason. Fill your cars, re-fill the garages and leave spare capacity in the UK stock pile of fuel. This will enable the refineries to tick over and not stop production. Stopping production is very bad, if the strikes achieve that then they are on a winner as they will only need to strike little and often and get paid to sit at home getting paid when there is no fuel to deliver from UK stocks.

As for getting rid of this Government, maybe Labour would like to explain why they had a MP work with Unite and the drivers in getting to the ballot for this situation we are now in.

I'm looking forward to sitting in the Garden with no fuel and a nice parched lawn.

"

A closed ballot.....how would your friend know how everyone else voted?"

People talk.

no i just no how a lot of theise bu----s think ,i worked for a very very wealthy scotish fam and quite a few of them were educated in public school and a few eton ,and although a few were ok most were greedy self obcest capitolists ,and would do you a rong turn each time ,expected blood for there monie ,and if could get away with paying you sod all they would

Bradford

It sure is gonna be fun when the fuel runs out for real in a few years time.

specially as two german owned power companies have announced they are not going to build new nuclear power stations.

Four candles anyone? That's for digging yer own veg plot.

oh and i drive a gas gussler too but if there is no fuel there is no fuel ,it will stay in the garage and i will make with my feet,damed if i am q n for fuel i probably wont use

"no i just no how a lot of theise bu----s think ,i worked for a very very wealthy scotish fam and quite a few of them were educated in public school and a few eton ,and although a few were ok most were greedy self obcest capitolists ,and would do you a rong turn each time ,expected blood for there monie ,and if could get away with paying you sod all they would"

Given that little speech, when you win the Lottery I'll be bloody annoyed if you turn down my request for a donation to my private finances.

Torquay

"

People talk. "

And people waffle....

"oh and i drive a gas gussler too but if there is no fuel there is no fuel ,it will stay in the garage and i will make with my feet,damed if i am q n for fuel i probably wont use"

If you won't use the fuel you put in your guzzler why put it in there in the first place. Insurance and tax on a vehicle you don't use seems an awful waste of money to me.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

"

A closed ballot.....how would your friend know how everyone else voted?"

There is such a thing called....."Communication" They talk amongst themselves, that's how!

"

People talk.

And people waffle...."

I'm sure they do but a group of men asking each other how they intend to vote isn't waffling. Secret ballots are rarely secret in my experience of them.

Torquay

69% of ALL members balloted voted to support industrial action....

That's all that matters.....not hearsay and second hand information.

i will consider any request ,too my mail box number .still wont forget where my roots are,i worked on the rigs and steel made my wife and i a very confortable living am semi retierd hav all the trapings i want ,but i am still working class, i have no problem with people who have monie and property bla bla ,my problem is silver spoon who have never worked a day in there lives ,trying to tell us how to run our lives ,never forget where you come from

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

what was the governments advice again,did it go something like this.

PANIC! PANIC!! PANIC!!!,WE'RE ALL DOOMED,

PANIC! PANIC!! PANIC!!!,OH HELP MAMMY.

"oh and i drive a gas gussler too but if there is no fuel there is no fuel ,it will stay in the garage and i will make with my feet,damed if i am q n for fuel i probably wont use

If you won't use the fuel you put in your guzzler why put it in there in the first place. Insurance and tax on a vehicle you don't use seems an awful waste of money to me. "

Well i always keep it half ,would insure it road tax it anway ,what i am saying is it wont harm to leave it for a while ,and leave the fuel for those who realy need it ,not just buying because i want it and i feel i should have it .

Torquay

People have their own personal reasons for needing fuel in their cars, they don't need someone lecturing them what is important to them and what isn't....

Torquay

"what was the governments advice again,did it go something like this.

"

Cameron down to a tee....

"

he he

"

No, nothing like that actually.

cwmbran

Why should bus services have govt grants to operate when they are private companies running them? We use the buses from Gateshead to Newcastle simply because it's cheaper than finding a parking space in town and paying £9 for 4 hours parking. And the fare we pay is more than fair for the excellent service we get for it. Probably worth 50p more if I'm honest."

The grants are there to ensure that bus services can be run on no profitable route because believe it or not there are people out there often on low income who stil need to get to work, doctors, hospitals school etc or do you think they should be getting taxis everwhere

By *heWolfMan  over a year ago

warwickshire

Still, another 32million quid in fuel duty raised thanks to panic buying. Obviously the country's on the up, business is booming, just look at the figures! A stroke of luck for Dave, they might make the quarter's figures look a little less shite.

cwmbran

"

People talk. "

but not always the truth

Why should bus services have govt grants to operate when they are private companies running them? We use the buses from Gateshead to Newcastle simply because it's cheaper than finding a parking space in town and paying £9 for 4 hours parking. And the fare we pay is more than fair for the excellent service we get for it. Probably worth 50p more if I'm honest.

The grants are there to ensure that bus services can be run on no profitable route because believe it or not there are people out there often on low income who stil need to get to work, doctors, hospitals school etc or do you think they should be getting taxis everwhere"

One doesn't have an autocratoc right to get on a bus near to where you live and get off it near to where you wnat to go. Buses are run by companies that see a need and service that need, but they only do it where it is cost effective to do so. Governments of the past have stepped in and offered subsidies to win past elections and now we're stuck with this riduculous culture of the government has to pay for everything.

warwickshire

" a "F**k everyone else, I'm OK and sorted!" attitude.

"

Um, you need to tell your friend about his "Fuck everyone else" attitude, or tell him he needs to leave his union seeing as he's OK (Then listen to him blub when HE needs representation and his little squeaky voice is being ignored.)

cwmbran

The grants are there to ensure that bus services can be run on no profitable route because believe it or not there are people out there often on low income who stil need to get to work, doctors, hospitals school etc or do you think they should be getting taxis everwhere

One doesn't have an autocratoc right to get on a bus near to where you live and get off it near to where you wnat to go. Buses are run by companies that see a need and service that need, but they only do it where it is cost effective to do so. Governments of the past have stepped in and offered subsidies to win past elections and now we're stuck with this riduculous culture of the government has to pay for everything."

You really have no idea do you

This has been a pain today, due to the cue's i it took me ages to get into the super market, however it was dead inside, then again when i wanted to get to the cash point

"

You really have no idea do you "

I know that as a taxpayer I'm sick of footing the bill for lazy assholes who hold their begging cap out for the govt to fill for everything little thing they want in their lives without even thanking those that do work and fund their lazy lifestyles.

A couple of quid on a bus fare is not too much to ask, and neither is a couple of miles walk to get to it. It might even go some way to tackling the obesity problem in the UK.

Torquay

Go to any other leading EU country and you will find that they benefit from subsidised bus services....it's the norm in Spain....Germany....France....

They recognise that getting more people onto buses via subsidised bus routes is helpful in keeping cars off of the roads...

"Go to any other leading EU country and you will find that they benefit from subsidised bus services....it's the norm in Spain....Germany....France....

They recognise that getting more people onto buses via subsidised bus routes is helpful in keeping cars off of the roads...

"

very well said

cwmbran

"

I know that as a taxpayer I'm sick of footing the bill for lazy assholes who hold their begging cap out for the govt to fill for everything little thing they want in their lives without even thanking those that do work and fund their lazy lifestyles.

A couple of quid on a bus fare is not too much to ask, and neither is a couple of miles walk to get to it. It might even go some way to tackling the obesity problem in the UK."

So the lttle old lady who live 2 miles fro a bus stop on a profitable route and needs a hip operation has to walk said 2 miles cos she is lazy and there are many more example like that because we dont give a shit anymore - welcome to tort britain

cwmbran

Tory Britain

"

A couple of quid on a bus fare is not too much to ask, and neither is a couple of miles walk to get to it. It might even go some way to tackling the obesity problem in the UK.

So the lttle old lady who live 2 miles fro a bus stop on a profitable route and needs a hip operation has to walk said 2 miles cos she is lazy and there are many more example like that because we dont give a shit anymore - welcome to tort britain "

what i have been saying all along greedy me me me

oops or should i say Eton boys britian

"Go to any other leading EU country and you will find that they benefit from subsidised bus services....it's the norm in Spain....Germany....France....

"

Greece too... so much so that they operated at a loss and look where they are now.

If I worked in town it would cost me £450 a year to get to and from work (£9 weekly ticket that can also be used at weekends if I wanted to go into town for anything other than work). Fuel costs me a helluva lot more than that and it comes out of my own pocket these days (not a company fuel card), but it is tax deductable so that's lessens the blow somewhat.

So there's a message the govt should be listening to: let people claim for the cost of public transport to and from work (or a portion of it) against their taxes and, surprise surprise, they'll probably use public transport... and lessen the traffic on our roads, leading to less accidents etc etc etc ..

But they won't.

By *attoo loversCouple  over a year ago

norwich

sooooooooooo glad i fell the car up on monday

big que at our tescos at 8 this morning !!!

when will the madness end !!!!!!

Torquay

"sooooooooooo glad i fell the car up on monday

when will the madness end !!!!!! "

Three years in May......it all ends then.

what all ends?

Torquay

The madness.....

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

On the radio today, a Tory person was bleating about how much tanker drivers get piad and that it was more than an Army Bomb Disposal Officer. That may be true, but it has to be remembered that the Army Officer gets a lot of living costs paid for when he`s on duty. Also, fuel tanker drivers are the most professional drivers on the road, in my opinion. You thankfully very seldom see an accident CAUSED by a fuel tanker be it on the road or in a fuel depot or garage forecourt. If their HSE conditions are being compromised,, then bring on that strike and keep these people safe in their jobs

As for the mixed messages coming out from the Tories (the LDs are conspicuous in their absence of comments on this subject) it`s not the first time the Tories have got their knickers in a knot and caused panic. Who remembers the saminella in eggs fiasco and the similar histeria or Mad Cow disease?

cwmbran

"The madness....."

Unless the libdems dump Clegg leave the coalition and hope that will save them from decimation

well the sooner dumb and dumber of this tory led colition go the better it will be

"On the radio today, a Tory person was bleating about how much tanker drivers get piad and that it was more than an Army Bomb Disposal Officer. That may be true, but it has to be remembered that the Army Officer gets a lot of living costs paid for when he`s on duty. Also, fuel tanker drivers are the most professional drivers on the road, in my opinion. You thankfully very seldom see an accident CAUSED by a fuel tanker be it on the road or in a fuel depot or garage forecourt. If their HSE conditions are being compromised,, then bring on that strike and keep these people safe in their jobs

As for the mixed messages coming out from the Tories (the LDs are conspicuous in their absence of comments on this subject) it`s not the first time the Tories have got their knickers in a knot and caused panic. Who remembers the saminella in eggs fiasco and the similar histeria or Mad Cow disease?

"

Tanker drivers are good but some hazchem drivers have a far more dangerous job with what they carry.

The tanker drivers top line at an average of £43k so not a bad wage packet. Safe wise? Well its common sense its safer to drive a tanker than disarm a bomb.

well i will say it again ,they must be getting payed a lot more down south my cuson drives out of grange mouth and has £18.500

Three years in May......it all ends then."

Yup, that's when the libdems will be voted out of existence and the Tories win by a landslide. Miliband is unelectable as a leader and his brother knew it.

newcastle

Why should bus services have govt grants to operate when they are private companies running them? We use the buses from Gateshead to Newcastle simply because it's cheaper than finding a parking space in town and paying £9 for 4 hours parking. And the fare we pay is more than fair for the excellent service we get for it. Probably worth 50p more if I'm honest."

BSOG is the difference between rural bus services existing and not existng. It's a tax rebate that is easy and quick to calculate, since all the bus firm has to do is show its receipts for fuel.

You don't want people to have public transport if it isn't commercially viable? Wave bye bye to the Tyne and Wear Metro, the Tyne Ferry, a third of all bus services in Tyne and wear, something like sixty per cent of bus services in Durham and Northumberland, and all train services in the North east except Newcastle and Sunderland to London.

You may want to live in that kind of world. Lots of people, it seems, don't.

newcastle

[Removed by poster at 29/03/12 21:56:34]

"well i will say it again ,they must be getting payed a lot more down south my cuson drives out of grange mouth and has £18.500 "

Hoyer based up north say their drivers end up being paid £43 and i can't see them claiming that if its not true. Ok it may include over night allowances or what ever.

"You don't want people to have public transport if it isn't commercially viable? Wave bye bye to the Tyne and Wear Metro, the Tyne Ferry, a third of all bus services in Tyne and wear, something like sixty per cent of bus services in Durham and Northumberland, and all train services in the North east except Newcastle and Sunderland to London.

"

Seems rather pointless to argue a hypothetical situation that will never come to pass.

Torquay

Yup, that's when the libdems will be voted out of existence and the Tories win by a landslide. Miliband is unelectable as a leader and his brother knew it."

You don't see it do you?

Ed is the night watchman for the brother who would be King.....

The electable one will be the Labour party leader leading up to the next general election.....not the night watchman.

I wouldn't bet your house on a Tory landslide....unless Cameron finds a way to invent one of those 'Men in Black' devices that takes away the populations memory of Five 'bitch years'....

"

A couple of quid on a bus fare is not too much to ask, and neither is a couple of miles walk to get to it. It might even go some way to tacklin

g the obesity problem in the UK."

+1. Well said

Yup, that's when the libdems will be voted out of existence and the Tories win by a landslide. Miliband is unelectable as a leader and his brother knew it.

You don't see it do you?

The electable one will be the Labour party leader leading up to the next general election.....not the night watchman.

I wouldn't bet your house on a Tory landslide....unless Cameron finds a way to invent one of those 'Men in Black' devices that takes away the populations memory of Five 'bitch years'...."

I see what is in plain view. Ed took a dump all over his own brother to win the Labour leadership and he got in bed with the unions to do it. I'm mot saying David would have done things differently, but Ed beat him to it.

But that's irrelevant tbh, as the history of politics in this country has shown. Parties come and go and I've no doubt in my mind that Labour will win another general election, but it won't be in 2015. Maybe 2020, definately 2025.

The electorate doesn't like the same party in power for too long, it doesn't sit right with us for some reason.

..and no, I'm not psychic, it's just an educated guess based on past elections.

All cyclical. Tories come in cut spending and get businesses bank rolling the country. Labour takes over and gives all the money to lazy shites through the benefit system. Country goes to shit, everyone gets fed up. Tories come in cut spending and get businesses bank rolling the country.

Ben

hexham

"You don't want people to have public transport if it isn't commercially viable? Wave bye bye to the Tyne and Wear Metro, the Tyne Ferry, a third of all bus services in Tyne and wear, something like sixty per cent of bus services in Durham and Northumberland, and all train services in the North east except Newcastle and Sunderland to London.

Seems rather pointless to argue a hypothetical situation that will never come to pass."

Its coming to pass in Northumberland already, which is where you say you live. What about the 82 yr old on our street who lost our once a day bus that she now has to walk along country roads for 2 miles to go to the shop, chemists or Doctors. Its ok,tell her after all its a business, and the idea of public services isnt viable.

All over Northumberland buses which were the lifeline for the elderly poor and diasbled are disappearing.

warwickshire

"

I wouldn't bet your house on a Tory landslide....unless Cameron finds a way to invent one of those 'Men in Black' devices that takes away the populations memory of Five 'bitch years'...."

Or maybe he gets involved in a nice easily-won war somewhere. Port Stanley anyone?

glasgow

You don't see it do you?

So true,

"Its coming to pass in Northumberland already, which is where you say you live. What about the 82 yr old on our street who lost our once a day bus that she now has to walk along country roads for 2 miles to go to the shop, chemists or Doctors. Its ok,tell her after all its a business, and the idea of public services isnt viable.

All over Northumberland buses which were the lifeline for the elderly poor and diasbled are disappearing. "

It is foolish business to keep a bus route open for the benefit of one passenger. You say she lives on your street, so she's not isolated in her house somewhere out on it's own then. Why doesn't the little village? in which you live devise it's own hop and stop for just your community?

Probably because they'd lose money hand over fist if they tried it.

"All cyclical. Tories come in cut spending and get businesses bank rolling the country. Labour takes over and gives all the money to lazy shites through the benefit system. Country goes to shit, everyone gets fed up. Tories come in cut spending and get businesses bank rolling the country.

Ben"

Ad infinitum. I couldn't agree more.

The Tories are good for Britain, it's Labour who fuck it up every time, and then the Tories have to come in a sort it all out again.

By *nytimeadeMan  over a year ago

Skegness

TANKERS JUST ARRIVED ...BUT WE AINT OPEN 24 Hrs SORRY ....NIGHT

cwmbran

"Its coming to pass in Northumberland already, which is where you say you live. What about the 82 yr old on our street who lost our once a day bus that she now has to walk along country roads for 2 miles to go to the shop, chemists or Doctors. Its ok,tell her after all its a business, and the idea of public services isnt viable.

All over Northumberland buses which were the lifeline for the elderly poor and diasbled are disappearing.

It is foolish business to keep a bus route open for the benefit of one passenger. You say she lives on your street, so she's not isolated in her house somewhere out on it's own then. Why doesn't the little village? in which you live devise it's own hop and stop for just your community?

Probably because they'd lose money hand over fist if they tried it."

It's not just about money - we are a society a big society to quote Dave

glasgow

"All cyclical. Tories come in cut spending and get businesses bank rolling the country. Labour takes over and gives all the money to lazy shites through the benefit system. Country goes to shit, everyone gets fed up. Tories come in cut spending and get businesses bank rolling the country.

Ben

Ad infinitum. I couldn't agree more.

The Tories are good for Britain, it's Labour who fuck it up every time, and then the Tories have to come in a sort it all out again."

Ha ha hahaha ha ha haha ha ha hahaha ha ha

,thats a cracker,

It's the way you tell em.