FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > petrol rant

petrol rant

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hmmmm 45mins to get on the forcourt at Tescos due to all this panic petrol buying earlier this evening. I have a slow punture in one of the car tyres that needed to be topped up before morning.

I was fine for petrol but still had to que with the masses grrrrrr. If only I had the slightest clue and euipment I reckon it would have been quicker to fix the dam punture my self whilst in the que haha.

Thing that getts me tho is that no strike has yet even been anounced. If and when a strike does get the go ahead it is my belief that the unions must give at least one weeks notice to the strike so that the powers that be can put in place a plan to stop the country coming to a stand still. Yet due to the goverment saying the public would be well to stock up on fuel all and sundri seem to be out at once forming an orderly que to top up the tanks like the world as we no it will end. And then theres me in the sharabangle saying excuse me please but I only want air for the tyre as I have been a lazy little bastard and keep on topping it up every other day.

Note to self lad get the feckin slow puncture fixed

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Buy a foot pump

"Buy a foot pump "

I did but the ex mrs fecked off with it. Due to it still being attatched to her as she sprang a puncure of her own. Then farted and fucked off down the road never to be seen again. lol high winds that evening as well should have seen the look of shock on her face. Mind you she always looked like that with mouth open haha

"Buy a foot pump

I did but the ex mrs fecked off with it. Due to it still being attatched to her as she sprang a puncure of her own. Then farted and fucked off down the road never to be seen again. lol high winds that evening as well should have seen the look of shock on her face. Mind you she always looked like that with mouth open haha "

Mrs GOOD was a farter then?

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

makes me laugh that, on jeremy vine today, they were blaming the government for it.

how is it their fault people are stupid?

"Buy a foot pump

I did but the ex mrs fecked off with it. Due to it still being attatched to her as she sprang a puncure of her own. Then farted and fucked off down the road never to be seen again. lol high winds that evening as well should have seen the look of shock on her face. Mind you she always looked like that with mouth open haha

Mrs GOOD was a farter then? "

Like a trooper m8

"Buy a foot pump

Like a trooper m8"

How do you keep the patio down then?

"Buy a foot pump

Like a trooper m8

How do you keep the patio down then? "

With vinegar and brown paper

[Removed by poster at 29/03/12 23:27:17]

"Buy a foot pump

Like a trooper m8

With vinegar and brown paper"

I would love to meet the ex Mrs GOOD i think it would be an experience.

"Buy a foot pump

Like a trooper m8

I would love to meet the ex Mrs GOOD i think it would be an experience. "

Yeah so would I again she owes me a fortune haha

"Buy a foot pump

Like a trooper m8

Yeah so would I again she owes me a fortune haha"

Many tattoos on her? I have a vision of popeye in a blond wig!

[Removed by poster at 29/03/12 23:35:43]

"Buy a foot pump

Like a trooper m8

Yeah so would I again she owes me a fortune haha

Many tattoos on her? I have a vision of popeye in a blond wig! "

lol try Duncan Gudgeou in a mini skirt

Back on topic.....why on earth did you go to a tescos for air.......just go to a petrol station that didn't have any fuel.......hey presto job done!!!

"Back on topic.....why on earth did you go to a tescos for air.......just go to a petrol station that didn't have any fuel.......hey presto job done!!! "

Hmmmm point missing slightly as in tyre almost flat tesco round corner. Rocket science tis not

"Back on topic.....why on earth did you go to a tescos for air.......just go to a petrol station that didn't have any fuel.......hey presto job done!!!

Hmmmm point missing slightly as in tyre almost flat tesco round corner. Rocket science tis not"

Wigan sounds like a rocking place. last time I was there they had lots of petrol stations.

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"Back on topic.....why on earth did you go to a tescos for air.......just go to a petrol station that didn't have any fuel.......hey presto job done!!!

Hmmmm point missing slightly as in tyre almost flat tesco round corner. Rocket science tis not"

Why didn't you just back in from the exit end, back up to the air, have a good pump and away ye go?

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

Or jack yer car up, take just the wheel and tyre and walk to the airline.

That'dve taken you much less that 45 minutes, even for allowing to put it back on again?

Some people.

I think the Coalition have played a blinder by creating panic when fuel deliveries will continue to operate as normal until Unite shoot themselves in the foot and call a strike, and then get the blame for their being no petrol. The govt have stoked the fire without it even being lit. Masterstroke.

By *eighleedsMan  over a year ago

leeds

"I think the Coalition have played a blinder by creating panic when fuel deliveries will continue to operate as normal until Unite shoot themselves in the foot and call a strike, and then get the blame for their being no petrol. The govt have stoked the fire without it even being lit. Masterstroke."

the masterstroke is in all the tax on the fuel they are now collecting earlier than they normally would have done, especially as we are a week away from the end of the financial year

"makes me laugh that, on jeremy vine today, they were blaming the government for it.

how is it their fault people are stupid?"

Indeed not stupid, 81% rise in sales of petrol = 81% up, in tax for them, but stupid for creating the situation? YES!

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

"makes me laugh that, on jeremy vine today, they were blaming the government for it.

how is it their fault people are stupid?

Indeed not stupid, 81% rise in sales of petrol = 81% up, in tax for them, but stupid for creating the situation? YES!"

again, how did they create the problem?

Unite said they are happy to strike.

since when have the government told people what to do, and they have done it?

no, the government havent created this problem. the selfish nature of the British public have created this problem. anyone with half a braincell knows there is no strike happening anytime soon. its not like the blockades where they can happen without notice, but instead, its the me me me attitude of people that comes to the fore once again.

god forbid we ever have aproper world war and rationing again as i really dont think this society would be able for it.

"I think the Coalition have played a blinder by creating panic when fuel deliveries will continue to operate as normal until Unite shoot themselves in the foot and call a strike, and then get the blame for their being no petrol. The govt have stoked the fire without it even being lit. Masterstroke.

the masterstroke is in all the tax on the fuel they are now collecting earlier than they normally would have done, especially as we are a week away from the end of the financial year"

Not so stupid after all, is this government. Well played Dave hehehe

By *athnBobCouple  over a year ago

sandwell

tescos 40 litres of veg oil cup of paraffin = sorted

By *lam rockerMan  over a year ago

Tain

"tescos 40 litres of veg oil cup of paraffin = sorted"
that would have been OK, except the tesco's was blocked and I couldn't get into the shop for the queue at the petrol station.

The pound shop sells one litre of veg oil of 99p so guess I am off there to get 20 litres later - that'll do me for the week.

The benefits of one of the cars being ancient and diesel and running a Bosch pump, I guess.

By *teborahCouple  over a year ago

warrington

"I think the Coalition have played a blinder by creating panic when fuel deliveries will continue to operate as normal until Unite shoot themselves in the foot and call a strike, and then get the blame for their being no petrol. The govt have stoked the fire without it even being lit. Masterstroke.

the masterstroke is in all the tax on the fuel they are now collecting earlier than they normally would have done, especially as we are a week away from the end of the financial year

Not so stupid after all, is this government. Well played Dave hehehe "

Is this the same government that tell us to stockpile our own fuel?? I would describe them as very stupid to be honest.

It's true about the timings - the earliest they can strike now is Easter Monday because they're not having the talks until this Monday and have to give 7 days notice of the strike.

By *on-bazCouple  over a year ago

rushden

We had that problem with one of our tyres and bought "Tyre Weld" it worked a treat it cost about £7 from Halfords.

i was gutted i needed to fill up yesterday as i hated it looking like i was joining in with the panic i wanted to dive out the car shouting i'm empty not gullible

"Is this the same government that tell us to stockpile our own fuel?? I would describe them as very stupid to be honest. "

I think the really stupid thing would be to ignite the fuel you have stored at home. Petrol's funny like that, it loves a nice little flame.

We should read the thread about 10%.

10% of a group starts doing something, it influences those who don't have an opinion on the matter.

So a few start to panic buy fuel, the rest start to follow, because they don't understand the situation.

The situation is.

Union has a mandate to call a strike, this is a final card played by a union.

There will be a 7 days notice when the strike will start.

At the moment, fuel is being delivered normally.

Garages have run out due to panic buying. Garages are refueled on a normal cycle (depending on normal sales).

Love to all

By *empnbunkCouple  over a year ago

south coast

You gotta laugh all they numbnuts panic buying for last few days and the unions came out and said they def wont be stiking over easter holidays and hopefully never will hahaha

By *UNCHBOXMan  over a year ago

folkestone

This panic buying of petrol has it's roots in basic pyschology. Because of there being a perceived scarcity of petrol, people feel they have to get some before it runs out. And im sure once drivers see long queues, other drivers will feel they are missing out and join that queue, even if they hadnt thought about it before seeing the queue.

By *teborahCouple  over a year ago

warrington

"Is this the same government that tell us to stockpile our own fuel?? I would describe them as very stupid to be honest.

I think the really stupid thing would be to ignite the fuel you have stored at home. Petrol's funny like that, it loves a nice little flame."

EH? isn't that how most fire are started with some sort of ignition. the silly thing is adding fuel to the fire like say a few gallons of BP's best So if your next door neighbour stored fuel in his house then supplied the ignition you wouldn't have a problem with it? I certainly would

well i was thinking after reading here and news be hard job but its was normal getting fuel .. no one in there , maybe this is just a way for them to make more money saying short supplies.

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"

Note to self lad get the feckin slow puncture fixed "

Yup put on the spare wheel, take the wheel with the slow punture to a garage to get it fixed and voila no 45 minute wait at a petrol station to get some air!

By *athnBobCouple  over a year ago

sandwell

"

The pound shop sells one litre of veg oil of 99p so guess I am off there to get 20 litres later - that'll do me for the week.

The benefits of one of the cars being ancient and diesel and running a Bosch pump, I guess."

Got 2 of them Oh n I borrowed a cash n carry card today. I am going to start mixing 50/50 just as a cost saver anyway

How the hell did we get from a flat tyre to pound shops and veg oil for 99p then lol

» Add a new message to this topic