FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Slimming world and Weight Watchers

Slimming world and Weight Watchers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *phrodite OP   Woman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Serious question - which one is easier to follow?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

my old dear reckons slimming world is much easier, although no scientific basis.

"my old dear reckons slimming world is much easier, although no scientific basis."

Just easier to folllow you mean?

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

slimming world i find easier

mullinwire

"my old dear reckons slimming world is much easier, although no scientific basis.

Just easier to folllow you mean? "

yeah, my dad helps her out, but generally she couldnt get her head around the red and green stuff on WW.

everything has a value with SW so she knows where she stands by what she eats, if that makes sense.

"my old dear reckons slimming world is much easier, although no scientific basis.

Just easier to folllow you mean?

yeah, my dad helps her out, but generally she couldnt get her head around the red and green stuff on WW.

everything has a value with SW so she knows where she stands by what she eats, if that makes sense."

Yeah it does make sense. It is my (superficial) impression that SL is easier, you seem to have less to think about.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

As a SW consultant, gotta say it's us all the way....

Seriously tho, free foods, eat as much rice, pasta, potatoes, meat, fish, poultry and limit the rest of the shite we all stick down our throats (spunk excepted lol)

Lisburn

"As a SW consultant, gotta say it's us all the way....

Seriously tho, free foods, eat as much rice, pasta, potatoes, meat, fish, poultry and limit the rest of the shite we all stick down our throats (spunk excepted lol) "

ohh thats good to know

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Seriously tho, free foods, eat as much rice, pasta, potatoes, meat, fish, poultry and limit the rest of the shite we all stick down our throats (spunk excepted lol)

ohh thats good to know "

That spunk is excepted????

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Slimming world is the best, and i have tried both.

kat x x

"Slimming world is the best, and i have tried both.

kat x x"

I believe it is cheaper as well?

I have tried all.. and find ww easiest. Lost over ten stone first time and close on 7 stone this time.

New pro points make it even easier I think.

Cali

Lisburn

I know someone who joined 2 months ago and have lost 2stone all but 1/2 pound

mullinwire

ohh thats good to know

That spunk is excepted????"

it is spelt expected lol

ohh thats good to know

That spunk is excepted????

it is spelt expected lol"

or expected to be execpted

slimming world ..so easy to follow AND so much choice..love it

"I know someone who joined 2 months ago and have lost 2stone all but 1/2 pound "

My first week at Ww lost 7 1/2 lb.. second week 5, then 4,4,2 and 3...

I've never got on with slImming world though and in fairness I'd recommend rosemary conley... But my local one was 14miles away and I couldn't keep going.

Which ever one will work if you stick to It... And you want to do it..

Cali

I find sw more restrictive than ww.. for the foods I like Ww is better.

Cali

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

All i will say, and then hide maybe, is that when i go down the gym it is really difficult to watch any Weight Watchers.

"

All i will say, and then hide maybe, is that when i go down the gym it is really difficult to watch any Weight Watchers."

You need to look at their upper bodies

Im a Slimming World Consultant but will happily say whatever works for you is the best.....though I reckon ours is top and you should shout me for help....get in there lol

Bradford

"

All i will say, and then hide maybe, is that when i go down the gym it is really difficult to watch any Weight Watchers.

You need to look at their upper bodies"

It's hard not to, they're often around their hips too. Lol

"

It's hard not to, they're often around their hips too. Lol"

I'd run quick if I was you

i would say SW but then it has been a good 4/5 years since i tried WW

maybe try a month at one then a month at the other see which suits your lifestyle best

good luck

"

It's hard not to, they're often around their hips too. Lol"

PMSL think you are very brave on here...;-)

"

It's hard not to, they're often around their hips too. Lol

I'd run quick if I was you "

he is quite safe we are too fat to catch him

Bradford

"

It's hard not to, they're often around their hips too. LolPMSL think you are very brave on here...;-)"

No! Foolish.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Take my advice neither of them ! It is not about following take your own lead you are intelligent enough work out your own plan using freely available information and your own cooking skills . Lets put it simply a person who takes an easy approach to looseing fat will not expend enough energy to loose the weight safely . I could help you in a matter of weeks

"Take my advice neither of them ! It is not about following take your own lead you are intelligent enough work out your own plan using freely available information and your own cooking skills . Lets put it simply a person who takes an easy approach to looseing fat will not expend enough energy to loose the weight safely . I could help you in a matter of weeks"

I was not specifically referring to myself, I was just generally enquiring about people's views on the two main slimming organisations. And I am now curious what you would suggest to those people, I mean how would you help them? Is there another alternative?

Cambridge diet worked for me.

I have friends doing sw and some doing ww. Depends on you really as they are both different. Sw with free foods didn't help some as they still ate loads. Ww worked better for retraining eating habits.

i'd agree with saying try both and see which works for you. Good luck!

Bradford

Loosing fat is easy for me, i just undo my trouser button when i'm at the PC.

"

Loosing fat is easy for me, i just undo my trouser button when i'm at the PC. "

Thats not fat you know... fat tissue does not stiffen ...;-)

"Take my advice neither of them ! It is not about following take your own lead you are intelligent enough work out your own plan using freely available information and your own cooking skills . Lets put it simply a person who takes an easy approach to looseing fat will not expend enough energy to loose the weight safely . I could help you in a matter of weeks"

They both work.. as an experiment I worked out my daily diet using ww points and calories.. I on average eat between 1300-1400 calories.. which also means I am eating my points allowance too.

I always eat at least my 5 fruit and veg a day.. my carbs are less.. and my plate tends to be half full of veg or salad... and then 1/4 of my protiens and carbs...

I find for me its more the group motivation that helps me..

I also do step 3 times a week. swim and have started aqua zumba.. ditched the car for most trips... and cycle too.

Cali

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Cali,

Certainly agree group motivation but that would not be specific to any meeting diet club any group of friends could do the same for nothing ..

You have illustrated a perfect life style ! weight loss or maintaining healthy weight has very little to do with dieting as promoted by diet books and clubs, it is about habitual lifestyle which you articulated very well small significant changes you can maintain for a life time !

The idea of too many diet plans/clubs is to permit "cheat" foods a way of falsely legitimising/justifing a poor food choice

Depending on your height cali 1300-1400 cal is not quite enough

One food group it seems you may have missed is nuts and seeds , 50-75 grams per day throughout the day .

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

Sw works best for me as i can eat as much as i want and make family meals...there is no way i could do the counting WW involves and wouldn't make separate meals...although i do have a baked potato every so often if the boys want pizza.

By *rs kemeaCouple  over a year ago

angus

I'm doing Lighter Life at the moment and am doing very well on it (down 33lbs in 8 weeks). It's nothing like WW or SW though but I tried them and couldn't stick to them. The counselling you get is amazing and has really made me look at why I over ate in the first place.

I think the most important part of any diet is to get your head straight first and then any of them will work.

I'm off to gregs pie or cake anyone

"Cali,

Certainly agree group motivation but that would not be specific to any meeting diet club any group of friends could do the same for nothing ..

You have illustrated a perfect life style ! weight loss or maintaining healthy weight has very little to do with dieting as promoted by diet books and clubs, it is about habitual lifestyle which you articulated very well small significant changes you can maintain for a life time !

The idea of too many diet plans/clubs is to permit "cheat" foods a way of falsely legitimising/justifing a poor food choice

Depending on your height cali 1300-1400 cal is not quite enough

One food group it seems you may have missed is nuts and seeds , 50-75 grams per day throughout the day .

"

well 1400 is what my doctor has told me to eat.. and my diet gets submitted to my dietician each week. I dont eat much nuts although I have alpen.

I used to be married to a fitness instructor and nutritionist.. So I actually dont need the plan.. I need the structure and the motivation.

I find SW isnt strict enough, yet saying that on ww you can have filling and healthy days and you dont point anything.. its about feeling full.. I can do that but the new starters prehaps cant.

Yet I use filling and healthy at the weekends.. I only eat wholewheat pasta..

My eating habits were what I needed to change but also my association with food..

I prefer that nothing is seen as a cheat on ww.. as I can eat anything as long as I point it.. but I like to use them to the best value.. I dont like thinking of any food as a cheat.

Cali

i have done both and i much prefer slimming world, i wouldnt say its easier to follow they are boith pretty easy once you understand them but the slimming world diet just suits me better and i always have better weight losses at slimming world and feel less hungry

Seriously tho, free foods, eat as much rice, pasta, potatoes, meat, fish, poultry and limit the rest of the shite we all stick down our throats (spunk excepted lol) "

i'll give you a £100 if you quote that on one of your meeting lol

I use ww and like the pro points idea as lost a stone the first month but everyone had different results I guess

"I use ww and like the pro points idea as lost a stone the first month but everyone had different results I guess "

they do, different diets suit different people and their life styles, to be honest they are both good plans, if you stick to them you will loose weight on both, i just find slimming world suits me better

i'll give you a £100 if you quote that on one of your meeting lol"

You should hear us going on about the best way to get our Body Magic exercise awards

i'll give you a £100 if you quote that on one of your meeting lol

You should hear us going on about the best way to get our Body Magic exercise awards "

i remember years ago when i was doing weight watchers and they was telling us what exercises gave you how many bonus point so you could eat more and some woman said she wore a belt with a pedometer on it for sex and if she was hungry but had no points left she'd take the hubby to bed and stopped when she had clocked up enough steps to have a bacon butty

"

i remember years ago when i was doing weight watchers and they was telling us what exercises gave you how many bonus point so you could eat more and some woman said she wore a belt with a pedometer on it for sex and if she was hungry but had no points left she'd take the hubby to bed and stopped when she had clocked up enough steps to have a bacon butty "

Now there's a thought

By *plpxp2Couple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Slimming World for me, the extra easy is brilliant. Never hungry, nothing denied as long as you count the syn value and have never eaten as much in my life. Definately a lifestyle changer, so no more yoyo putting it back on.

Does it work, well 4 stone and 4 dress sizes in 10 months says possibly.

» Add a new message to this topic