FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > 'Cute' names

'Cute' names

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

'Honey' 'Babes' 'Sweetie' etc.

Being called these in the first instance... I don't know, am I being precious?

I find them a bit irritating, lazy. They're all very well if you're intimate with and know someone well and comfortable with the person, but off the bat with a first message... I feel it's a bit disrespectful.

I know some women and TVs, CDs don't mind such names, but I can't be the only one who has their hackles raised a little by this, can I?

I guess this is an etiquette question, really. Curious to know others' thoughts.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Hate it with a passion

By *MP3Man  over a year ago

Between Scylla and Charybdis

I know exactly how you feel, sweetie

By *r AmbassadorMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Ahh I don't know

I kinda like,

BigBallz Maddog,

Although no idea where the Maddog came from to be honest.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Quickest way to put me off you - call me babe, or hun

I hate it. I like weird/cute pet names at come about from jokes or whatever, but generic ones are yuck.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I don't mind it from people I know. Strangers? Uh. No.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

I don't mind them particularly. I did a long time ago but now I just think of them as being a part of someone's natural dialogue. At times they can come across a bit patronising but meh. I'm all for the wealth and variety of how we communicate.

By *ildblonde69Woman  over a year ago

south west

There’s always a time and place for name calling but first message is a cringe from me

By *hromosexualsCouple  over a year ago

Near Abercynon

What’s even worse is when they call it me... I’m the Male half of the couple and I’m a great big hairy Biker, they almost certainly wouldn't call me “Babes” In the street

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"I don't mind them particularly. I did a long time ago but now I just think of them as being a part of someone's natural dialogue. At times they can come across a bit patronising but meh. I'm all for the wealth and variety of how we communicate."

Yes, I suppose eventually I'll become numb to them.

By *orraine999Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere

"There’s always a time and place for name calling but first message is a cringe from me"

I agree. Hon or honey in a first message = delete.

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple  over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

"'Honey' 'Babes' 'Sweetie' etc.

I find them a bit irritating, lazy. They're all very well if you're intimate with and know someone well and comfortable with the person, but off the bat with a first message... I feel it's a bit disrespectful.

I know some women and TVs, CDs don't mind such names, but I can't be the only one who has their hackles raised a little by this, can I?

I guess this is an etiquette question, really. Curious to know others' thoughts.

"

it's not difficult to ask the person you want to be called is it, and by the same token, what don't they like...

Suppose for me it depends on my mood.

If it's someone I don't know and I'm not feeling like the all powerful She-God that I am then I may read it with sourness and a sense of being patronising or slimeball.

If I'm feeling chipper then I may read it as if I were reading the words from a friend.... depending on the test of the message.

If it's a forum poster and I've noticed they use those words regularly in general then no bother.

I also have to remind myself that I'm guilty in my every day patter, as I often call people sweet or beaut, so there's every chance people think I'm a dick and I may have caused some cringe.

P

By *usttrymeMan  over a year ago

kettering

Im terrible.. i call everyone darling.. its just a habit.. even called a few blokes it by mistake... raised a few eyebrows.. lol

I absolutely hate it. Instant turn off!

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

Within a relationship I think that they are acceptable. They arent when you hardly know the person.

I hate being called princess.

I’m so far from being a princess in my behaviour, I don’t want people calling it me. It really irritates me.

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS  over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

None of those words offend me, they are actually quite nice. I can think of worse things to be called!

U all say this but someone genuinely says how are you gorgeous in the street its a totally different response

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"I don't mind them particularly. I did a long time ago but now I just think of them as being a part of someone's natural dialogue. At times they can come across a bit patronising but meh. I'm all for the wealth and variety of how we communicate."

This is a very good an important thing to take note of. Look at the context that they are used. Some people just use these words often, sometimes to strangers. You can generally tell if it is leaning toward patronising/disrespectful based on the way they talk to you anyway.

With that said, those thst do use pet names like thst for strangers need to think before they use them too. Not everyone likes it, though I don't think it is something to get worked up over or suddenly act rude because somebody used one of those words. Just mention you are not a fan of being called that, and move the convo along.

I cant stand anyone who has never seen me saying hi gorgeous or youre stunning. How on earth can anyone know what someone looks like by a pair of boobs

"'Honey' 'Babes' 'Sweetie' etc.

"

They're incredibly handy for the copy and paste merchants...

B

It really doesn’t bother me in the slightest these days.

» Add a new message to this topic