FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Vitamin B12

Vitamin B12

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi am looking for some feedback.

I have been so tired and lacked energy for about 6 wks. Someone mentioned about being low on vitamin B12. Has anyone else hered of this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *scanioMan  over a year ago

Runcorn

Yes they do work, can’t recommend them enough. Google it, as there are forums on the internet.

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Hi am looking for some feedback.

I have been so tired and lacked energy for about 6 wks. Someone mentioned about being low on vitamin B12. Has anyone else hered of this?"

Yes. Don’t be paying on the high street because it’s a con.

You need a blood test and if it’s low you will either be given tablets or IM injections. Some people need them for a course. Some for life. That depends on w protein in your stomach called ‘intrinsic factor’.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I was diagnosed with this and now have three monthly injections at my GP.

By *inx16Woman  over a year ago

Surrey

If you are anaemic you lack vitamin B12 but the best thing to do is see your doctor and get a blood test. It could be any manner of things causing it including a deficiency in other vitamins x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes! In Germany you can buy 2 week booster courses to take. Called Vitasprint.

[Removed by poster at 29/12/19 11:06:43]

I have been so tired and lacked energy for about 6 wks. Someone mentioned about being low on vitamin B12. Has anyone else hered of this?"

Book in with your GP and have an MOT so to speak fasting/ non fasting blood test , blood pressure checked . But you can always seek advice from the Fab doctors

Yorkshire

I have been so tired and lacked energy for about 6 wks. Someone mentioned about being low on vitamin B12. Has anyone else hered of this?

Book in with your GP and have an MOT so to speak fasting/ non fasting blood test , blood pressure checked . But you can always seek advice from the Fab doctors "

Maybe some of them ARE the fab doctors

Could be low vitamin D. Get tested

Thank you

I have pernicious anemia and get vitamin B12 injections 8 weekly. Do go to your doctor's though to get a consultation first.

I will and cheers.

Eat a balanced diet

Some girl I know had done injections reckons she felt a million bucks after.persinslly I cant see how a few mls of something will give you energy. You are what you eat simple as that

By *ooking4othersMan  over a year ago

Here ...

Get checked before you take any other supplements as they could skew your results.

Yorkshire

"Some girl I know had done injections reckons she felt a million bucks after.persinslly I cant see how a few mls of something will give you energy. You are what you eat simple as that"

I’ve a mate that says the same. Like I disagree that they don’t work. They do what they need to but she says that a week before her 3/12 appointment she starts feeling weary. I think it’s mainly psychological as the levels are still in the ‘acceptable’ bracket for a few weeks after the booster is due.

That said I’ve never needed them so I’m not saying how she feels.

Lethargy could be the result of any number of causes. You should get a blood test first to find out why.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

My B12 deficiency presented itself as unbearable itching, especially in my left arm.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I can't make vitamin B12 so I have to have injections every three months, if I didn't have them I would actually not be very well at all, I have a condition called pernicious anaemia.

I don't feel different before or after the injections although the doctor doesn't understand how I don't feel very different.

I accept I need them though and therefore go along and get injected every 3-months.

It is a quite painful injection in my shoulder and can bruise for a few days.

Mine waz was legs could scratch them of

Just ask GP then have a blood test only way you'll ever know! So very many reasons for tiredness always best to find out

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"Some girl I know had done injections reckons she felt a million bucks after.persinslly I cant see how a few mls of something will give you energy. You are what you eat simple as that"

That's not quite accurate though.

I eat a fabulous diet, I control diabetes with my diet! And yet I need folic acid, b12 and the awful iron tablets

Women that have heavy periods frequently need additional ferrous sulphate (iron) or other tablets.

"Some girl I know had done injections reckons she felt a million bucks after.persinslly I cant see how a few mls of something will give you energy. You are what you eat simple as that

I’ve a mate that says the same. Like I disagree that they don’t work. They do what they need to but she says that a week before her 3/12 appointment she starts feeling weary. I think it’s mainly psychological as the levels are still in the ‘acceptable’ bracket for a few weeks after the booster is due.

That said I’ve never needed them so I’m not saying how she feels. "

I agree its placebo to. I mean I'm.not saying there isnt any benefits but i find it hard to believe this small injection is so good opposed to a good diet

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

"Some girl I know had done injections reckons she felt a million bucks after.persinslly I cant see how a few mls of something will give you energy. You are what you eat simple as that

That said I’ve never needed them so I’m not saying how she feels. I agree its placebo to. I mean I'm.not saying there isnt any benefits but i find it hard to believe this small injection is so good opposed to a good diet "

For a lot of people who need b12, there is something wrong with their stomach or guts so they can't make/absorb vitamins from their diet.

The 'acceptable' range is a bit on the low side, so some people start to feel crap before the next top up. Like you would if you just ate junk food for a few weeks. Your vitamin levels might be 'acceptable' but that doesn't mean too much

notts

I eat a fabulous diet, I control diabetes with my diet! And yet I need folic acid, b12 and the awful iron tablets

Women that have heavy periods frequently need additional ferrous sulphate (iron) or other tablets."

Do you know why you are low in all of them? I ask as I was for years, along with vit d, but it turns out I have colitis which is probably the root cause

By *octor DeleriumMan  over a year ago

Bristol

If your gut cannot process food (anatomical/physiological), digest (biochemical) or absorb food (anatomical/physiological/biochemical) then it's not that simple, at all.

Then there are the multitude of potential reasons why a certain nutrient cannot be transported within the body or taken up by the cells that require it.

Even if the nutrient can be absorbed into a cell then there can reasons why it cannot be utilised.

Try looking up coeliac disease, lactose intolerance, pernicious anaemia, Crohn's disease, liver disease (resulting in reduced blood proteins that are responsible for the transport of many nutrients in the blood) and the numerous metabolic diseases.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

Women that have heavy periods frequently need additional ferrous sulphate (iron) or other tablets.

Do you know why you are low in all of them? I ask as I was for years, along with vit d, but it turns out I have colitis which is probably the root cause"

I'll get my bloods done again next week. Blood tests show I need them. Not at the why point yet.

I'm not your standard diabetic, I seem to struggle to absorb what's put into my system. So just taking ferrous didn't work. Taking the folic acid helps me absorb the ferrous. I don't seem to absorb insulin, metformin didn't work. My blood sugars are always low

I was low on vit D last year...it caused severe tiredness and similar symptoms to virtigo

Dr also ran bloods for thyroid + b12... Could be so many things, so get checked - few blood tests will put your mind at rest. My thyroid is right on edge of the limit for my age, so I'm watching this carefully

I take a daily B12/D spray supplement now and feel great (but i also have a really good diet and ensure I eat fortified foods and try eat acclerators together and save caffine for at least 2 hours after eating)

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

It's the new posers hang over cure I've heard.

A balanced diet will do sod all if you don't have the 'intrinsic factor' in your digestive system to enable absorption of b12.

Yeah, definitely see your GP you might be put onto the injection routine.

Incidentally, you can also buy B12 mouth sprays. They are fairly inexpensive, and supposedly by spraying onto the sides of the mouth (not swallowing) it enters your bloodstream faster. Maybe worth a punt

Its a critical building block of life... Food must be fortified with it or take as a supplement, so if you are eating enough fortified food and able to absorb then you should be OK

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Some people have a condition where they can't absorb b12 from their food so need the injections.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Yeah as others have said see your GP for blood tests. I've had issues with fatigue for years but my blood tests have always been fine. However I've started using a smart watch and that says I only get about 20 minutes of deep sleep a night no matter how long I'm asleep for. Apparently that can be an issue people with chronic pain have so it makes sense really.

notts

Do you know why you are low in all of them? I ask as I was for years, along with vit d, but it turns out I have colitis which is probably the root cause

I'll get my bloods done again next week. Blood tests show I need them. Not at the why point yet.

I'm not your standard diabetic, I seem to struggle to absorb what's put into my system. So just taking ferrous didn't work. Taking the folic acid helps me absorb the ferrous. I don't seem to absorb insulin, metformin didn't work. My blood sugars are always low "

There's a link with IBD, might be worth investigating?

By *omesticated_VixenWoman  over a year ago

sw London

I would go and have some blood tests to see what you are deficient in. Could be D3 as well

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

With a healthy balanced diet, managing stress, plenty of good regular sleep and sufficient exercise, most people would have sufficient vitamins for their needs.

If your life is imbalanced, with an inappropriately high or low levels of those elements, then it's worth targeting those aspects that are out of balance.

Whilst a pill or injection can seem ideal, often it's our lifestyle and ignoring the obvious that's central to how we're feeling low.

Ensure you're getting enough quality social engagement with others. Potentially book yourself for massages, that destress you and put physical touch from others into your life.

Getting yourself into nature is also healthy and calming. Consider a programme for a few weeks that reschedules things, adding in some of these aspects that may have been low.

Vitamin D is typically deficient for us all in the UK in winter, so is a wise supplement.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Definitely blood test. I was low in B12, but discovered I had hypothyroidism, now on medication for life. Once that was sorted, B12 was back to normal, so no meds needed for it.

I’ve suffered for years with it. When levels get low I’m fatigued, get a little spotty and get short tempered. The injections are great, sting like hell but work very well. But the pills are like 250,000% your RDA so with what you lose in the digestion system you still get plenty. It’s on of the few vitamins you can’t overdose on.

I had colitis due to food poisoning

If your gut cannot process food (anatomical/physiological), digest (biochemical) or absorb food (anatomical/physiological/biochemical) then it's not that simple, at all.

Then there are the multitude of potential reasons why a certain nutrient cannot be transported within the body or taken up by the cells that require it.

Even if the nutrient can be absorbed into a cell then there can reasons why it cannot be utilised.

Try looking up coeliac disease, lactose intolerance, pernicious anaemia, Crohn's disease, liver disease (resulting in reduced blood proteins that are responsible for the transport of many nutrients in the blood) and the numerous metabolic diseases.

"

if it's a condition the use but this girl doesnt have a condition she is just doing it because its trendy and some celeb has it done that's the point I'm making. Medical conditions aside

I'm not stupid

I buy all medications online and inject myself. Makes life a lot easier.

These days people want a quick fix of drugs or Injections as opposed to actually looking after themselves properly with a good diet and plenty of water and exercise

Diet won’t help if the intestinal tract isn’t absorbing it. You have to overload it so that it gets through.

By *merald Eyes XWoman  over a year ago

Can you find me….

Yes, I have to get b12 injections at the doctors!

Low iron doesn’t help either!

"These days people want a quick fix of drugs or Injections as opposed to actually looking after themselves properly with a good diet and plenty of water and exercise"

I think you should actually google this as you're not reading the answers here! Start with Pernicious Anaemia and ho from there because your posts now are making you seem a little ???

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 29/12/19 15:46:22]

Bristol

You might consider the hypothesis that the girl does have a non-diagnosed medical condition that is responding to the treatment that she is purchasing.

Purchasing over-the-counter medication for heartburn or gastritis tends to cure the symptoms of these conditions but the actual diagnosis of the underlying condition will not be made unless the appropriate history, examination and investigation is undertaken.

By *agermeisterMan  over a year ago

Leeds

If you are veggie or vegan or drink a fair bit then there's a good chance you are B12 deficient. At this time of year probably Vit D too.

I recommend the Vitimin drops over tablets. A lot more expensive but a lot more effective

"If you are veggie or vegan or drink a fair bit then there's a good chance you are B12 deficient. At this time of year probably Vit D too.

I recommend the Vitimin drops over tablets. A lot more expensive but a lot more effective"

Actually I think if you are vegan you probably have a much higher awareness of B12 and either take a supplement or seek out fortified foods

"These days people want a quick fix of drugs or Injections as opposed to actually looking after themselves properly with a good diet and plenty of water and exercise

I think you should actually google this as you're not reading the answers here! Start with Pernicious Anaemia and ho from there because your posts now are making you seem a little ??? "

I already said medical conditions aside

"You might consider the hypothesis that the girl does have a non-diagnosed medical condition that is responding to the treatment that she is purchasing.

Purchasing over-the-counter medication for heartburn or gastritis tends to cure the symptoms of these conditions but the actual diagnosis of the underlying condition will not be made unless the appropriate history, examination and investigation is undertaken."

lol she isnt one of your patients doctor.

She alreasyntold me she is only doing it because she has read it in a magazine but everyone seems to be missing that bit

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"These days people want a quick fix of drugs or Injections as opposed to actually looking after themselves properly with a good diet and plenty of water and exercise

I think you should actually google this as you're not reading the answers here! Start with Pernicious Anaemia and ho from there because your posts now are making you seem a little ??? "

He's just stirring the pot...ignore him

By *aughtyLondonGuyMan  over a year ago

london

It could be a vit d issue

I take vit D

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

Speak to your doc/blood test as mentioned.

If you take the b12 tablets your pee will go very very bright.

By *oodford guyMan  over a year ago

Spain

Go to your GP and they will arrange some blood tests, it could be a variety of things causing it. Better safe than sorry, self diagnosing is not a good thing. Hope all works out for you.

By *ourayloversCouple  over a year ago

chesterfield

(Lou) I get like that when my Vitamin D is low. Would advise going to doctors and having blood tests

Reduce you're sugar intake.

You'll be surprised by how it can impact on energy levels.

A small measure of apple cider vinegar, with a little water d*unk neat is known to help.

Google this to see but first doctors

You could have a deficiency of many things, b12 vit D, iron plus many others. Defo go ask doctors for blood tests.

Magnesium works wonders on me for fatigue and I suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome.

Do a bit of research though on what is best absorbed by the body on the different vits. Magnesium for example comes in many forms and high Street stores will sell the cheapest to make but not necessarily the best absorbed. You usually need to find the better ones online and pay a bit more.

Maybe you just need some good sex? Just Sayin’

And also take vitamin C as that is one vit that helps the body to absorb many others and a lot of people miss it.

By *orthantsblueeyesMan  over a year ago

Northampton

I take vitamin D and feel better for it. Whether it's the placebo effect I'm not sure

By *rjimMan  over a year ago

nr bristol

The lack of just one vitamin can kill you.

Very important to get all vits into you efficiently.

» Add a new message to this topic