FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Politics and sex

Politics and sex

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

A question that’s been on my mind of late is about whether or not one’s political views matter when (only) having sex with someone.

Does it only matter if it’s an important issue to you? Does it matter at all? Does it never come up? Can it never come up? Can you look beyond these things for the sake of pussy/cock/both ?!

Love to hear thoughts X

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

It never comes up. I wouldnt be attracted to someone who talks politics

By *irth.Minge.FireMan  over a year ago

Seen in far off places

I don't think it should matter

I mean, I don't think Dave was deserving of his Brit award either - others, however, may disagree...

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool/Wallasey

I need to be compatible and enjoy the company of others with who I have sex with.

Considering political is quite a broad term, its far much more than Labour vs Conservative, one party vs another. Human rights are political, Animal rights are political. Environmental impact is political. Most things are political.

If somebody has vastly different views from me on certain subjects then I won't want to converse with them, never mind have sex with them.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I need to be compatible and enjoy the company of others with who I have sex with.

Considering political is quite a broad term, its far much more than Labour vs Conservative, one party vs another. Human rights are political, Animal rights are political. Environmental impact is political. Most things are political.

If somebody has vastly different views from me on certain subjects then I won't want to converse with them, never mind have sex with them. "

I was just trying to think how to type something similar but you’ve said it all there for me

"I don't think it should matter

I mean, I don't think Dave was deserving of his Brit award either - others, however, may disagree... "

Yeah you see you say this and now I don’t want to have sex with you

Looking back at my early twenties, dancing in a nightclub and ending up kissing some girl and taking her home, I honestly dont think politics came up.

In a relationship, of course.

Sex, no.

By *irth.Minge.FireMan  over a year ago

Seen in far off places

"I don't think it should matter

I mean, I don't think Dave was deserving of his Brit award either - others, however, may disagree...

Yeah you see you say this and now I don’t want to have sex with you "

Damn it! Bloody Dave! ...

"I need to be compatible and enjoy the company of others with who I have sex with.

If somebody has vastly different views from me on certain subjects then I won't want to converse with them, never mind have sex with them. "

I’m of this opinion. I would find it hard to put these things aside for the sake of sex.

And if you found out a major difference after already having sex once or thrice, would you not see that person again?

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Pretty much this. I guess what I don't know can't hurt me but if someone expressed political views I found distasteful it would be a turn off. On the flip side, if someone is passionate about the same political causes as me it's quite a turn on.

"Looking back at my early twenties, dancing in a nightclub and ending up kissing some girl and taking her home, I honestly dont think politics came up.

Sex, no. "

In this context fair enough but casual sex is common. Fwbs or fbs, for example, it’s pretty natural I feel like, to get a whiff of someone’s politics.

[Removed by poster at 28/02/20 22:06:57]

If somebody has vastly different views from me on certain subjects then I won't want to converse with them, never mind have sex with them.

Pretty much this. I guess what I don't know can't hurt me but if someone expressed political views I found distasteful it would be a turn off. On the flip side, if someone is passionate about the same political causes as me it's quite a turn on."

I’ve found this to be the case. It’s a big thing for me to be able to feel like someone gets you. Think it adds to the chemistry in a weird way?

"Looking back at my early twenties, dancing in a nightclub and ending up kissing some girl and taking her home, I honestly dont think politics came up.

Sex, no.

In this context fair enough but casual sex is common. Fwbs or fbs, for example, it’s pretty natural I feel like, to get a whiff of someone’s politics. "

I have friends who share different political views with, why should a fwb be any different?

My initial reaction was, another person's views wouldn't matter, how they articulate them is the important thing. Are their views well thought out and explained clearly? I hope I'd be accepting of that.

But, I'm as fallible as everyone, and, it probably would matter to me

Sex, no.

In this context fair enough but casual sex is common. Fwbs or fbs, for example, it’s pretty natural I feel like, to get a whiff of someone’s politics.

I have friends who share different political views with, why should a fwb be any different? "

That’s a fair point. I think it’s really good you can manage that to be honest. Especially in a world of echo chambers.

Are there any issues that would matter enough to stop [the sex]? Perhaps personal ones, after all, the private/personal is political.

I saw a profile written by a lady who basically said..

"don't message me if you are right wing"

Or was it left wing, I don't know.. I can't tell the difference to he honest... But it made me laugh.

Because the last thing I'd be thinking about in a sexual meet would be politics.

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

Sex, no.

I have friends who share different political views with, why should a fwb be any different? "

Exactly what I was thinking

Why on earth would I not converse or be friends with somebody that has different political views?

Where would we be if we all decided to stop talking to each other just for having a different perspective. Seems incredibly immature to me

By *elshkinkyMan  over a year ago

south wales

I won’t entertain anything from anyone until they join me in the Wakes independence movement

Liverpool

Sex, no.

I have friends who share different political views with, why should a fwb be any different?

Why on earth would I not converse or be friends with somebody that has different political views?

Where would we be if we all decided to stop talking to each other just for having a different perspective. Seems incredibly immature to me"

It's difficult to remain friendly with people who believe that members of your family shouldn't be able to live in this country.

I'd always try to not discuss such things if I could

south wales

"I won’t entertain anything from anyone until they join me in the Wakes independence movement "

•Wales ffs (fat fingers)

Sex, no.

Where would we be if we all decided to stop talking to each other just for having a different perspective. Seems incredibly immature to me"

Interesting!

Don’t think you can frame maturity as being friends with people that have different views to your own or immaturity as not engaging with people that have different views. For some, how one sees the world is important. And you might not want to fuck someone you don’t really like very much as a person?

Cannot imagine a better thing to do than discuss politics with someone I'm gonna have sex with...

Ipswich

Sex, no.

Where would we be if we all decided to stop talking to each other just for having a different perspective. Seems incredibly immature to me

Interesting!

Don’t think you can frame maturity as being friends with people that have different views to your own or immaturity as not engaging with people that have different views. For some, how one sees the world is important. And you might not want to fuck someone you don’t really like very much as a person? "

Like most things it falls on a sliding scale

Personally I'm more interested in engaging people that don't agree with me than those that do

By *he Little Fuck MachineMan  over a year ago

Co.Antrim

Living in Northern Ireland it can be a major issue for a large percentage of people.

Sex, no.

It's difficult to remain friendly with people who believe that members of your family shouldn't be able to live in this country."

Liverpool/Wallasey

Sex, no.

It's difficult to remain friendly with people who believe that members of your family shouldn't be able to live in this country."

Or has no issue with somebody of a different sexuality being bullied or ridiculed, or even joining in with such things.

As I said above certain different views on things would greatly cause me to distance myself from them.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Politics and sex should never be discussed at the same time. Or talk politics with someone you fancy having sex with.

One of my gentleman friends is heavily in to politics and we have never discussed them in 14 years

Once went round a lass’ house for a meet years ago, lo and behold on her dining room table was a BNP leaflet. I made my excuses and left.

For all I know it might have been her husbands or anything else but I wasn’t taking any chances

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've had it put me off people, but it's also something I can ignore to a point. Depends on specifics.

"Once went round a lass’ house for a meet years ago, lo and behold on her dining room table was a BNP leaflet. I made my excuses and left.

For all I know it might have been her husbands or anything else but I wasn’t taking any chances "

Blimey. Could have been pushed through her door. They all do that!

Liverpool/Wallasey

"One of my gentleman friends is heavily in to politics and we have never discussed them in 14 years"

So you don't know his stance at all with regards to racism, or homophobia, immigration at all? I find it very hard to believe you don't know at least one of those things about him.

Politics is so much more than the overpaid idiots in parliament.

south wales

"Once went round a lass’ house for a meet years ago, lo and behold on her dining room table was a BNP leaflet. I made my excuses and left.

For all I know it might have been her husbands or anything else but I wasn’t taking any chances

Blimey. Could have been pushed through her door. They all do that! "

He’d do well to push it through her door... but I suppose it avoids discussing politics

Blimey. Could have been pushed through her door. They all do that! "

Quite a trick to push it through the door and fly it to her dining room table

It matters to me but then i’m not just trying to get laid with anyone.

If I was to meet up with some chick complaining about all these ‘bloody foreigners’ in the country theres no way if want to spend an evening pleasuring her.

"It matters to me but then i’m not just trying to get laid with anyone.

If I was to meet up with some chick complaining about all these ‘bloody foreigners’ in the country theres no way if want to spend an evening pleasuring her. "

Manchester (she/her)

"It matters to me but then i’m not just trying to get laid with anyone.

If I was to meet up with some chick complaining about all these ‘bloody foreigners’ in the country theres no way if want to spend an evening pleasuring her. "

Quite.

Quite a trick to push it through the door and fly it to her dining room table "

Not really. I pick the pile of post up and put it on the table most days! I’ve got a Jehovah’s leaflet sitting there now from when someone knocked earlier. I took it to get rid of them and threw it on the table on the way back to my office!

"One of my gentleman friends is heavily in to politics and we have never discussed them in 14 years

So you don't know his stance at all with regards to racism, or homophobia, immigration at all? I find it very hard to believe you don't know at least one of those things about him.

Politics is so much more than the overpaid idiots in parliament. "

I know whether he was a leaver or remainer and thats only cause he came over on voting day. I do know hes never made a racist or homophobic or anything else comment while with me

Not really. I pick the pile of post up and put it on the table most days! I’ve got a Jehovah’s leaflet sitting there now from when someone knocked earlier. I took it to get rid of them and threw it on the table on the way back to my office! "

Ah, see in my house a BNP/EDL type leaflet goes straight in the shredder. What if a visitor saw it?

Not really. I pick the pile of post up and put it on the table most days! I’ve got a Jehovah’s leaflet sitting there now from when someone knocked earlier. I took it to get rid of them and threw it on the table on the way back to my office!

Ah, see in my house a BNP/EDL type leaflet goes straight in the shredder. What if a visitor saw it? "

I think any visitors of mine would know where that leaflet was heading!

For all I know it might have been her husbands or anything else but I wasn’t taking any chances "

Omg. I would’ve RUN

"I've had it put me off people, but it's also something I can ignore to a point. Depends on specifics."

So dependent on the value of the issue to you?

Manchester (she/her)

"I've had it put me off people, but it's also something I can ignore to a point. Depends on specifics.

So dependent on the value of the issue to you? "

Yes, or how it's discussed, or how reasonable I otherwise find them.

Liverpool/Wallasey

"One of my gentleman friends is heavily in to politics and we have never discussed them in 14 years

Politics is so much more than the overpaid idiots in parliament. I know whether he was a leaver or remainer and thats only cause he came over on voting day. I do know hes never made a racist or homophobic or anything else comment while with me"

That's mostly what I'm getting at. You don't need to discuss politics to know where some of their political views are potentially focused.

Forget politics, i ask them what they think of Arsene Wenger to gauge what kind of person they are

Liverpool/Wallasey

"I've had it put me off people, but it's also something I can ignore to a point. Depends on specifics.

So dependent on the value of the issue to you?

Yes, or how it's discussed, or how reasonable I otherwise find them. "

Agreed! I love discussing things with people, even risky and controversial things. However if their views are extremist or are in stark contrast to my own accompanied with lack of willingness to consider other views then I certainly won't entertain them.

I don't care if they voted leave or remain, I do care for their views on why, for example.

Politics is so much more than the overpaid idiots in parliament. I know whether he was a leaver or remainer and thats only cause he came over on voting day. I do know hes never made a racist or homophobic or anything else comment while with me

That's mostly what I'm getting at. You don't need to discuss politics to know where some of their political views are potentially focused. "

well i will agree with you there. I can work out from general conversation if i will get on with someone but if someone wanted to sit down and just discuss politics id excuse myself and leave nothing would turn me off more

Liverpool/Wallasey

Politics is so much more than the overpaid idiots in parliament. I know whether he was a leaver or remainer and thats only cause he came over on voting day. I do know hes never made a racist or homophobic or anything else comment while with me

That's mostly what I'm getting at. You don't need to discuss politics to know where some of their political views are potentially focused. well i will agree with you there. I can work out from general conversation if i will get on with someone but if someone wanted to sit down and just discuss politics id excuse myself and leave nothing would turn me off more

"

I agree!

Though if the convo naturally found its way to certain political issues that's fine. If one of the first things they say is heavily political focused, I'm out.

By *elly72Woman  over a year ago

glasgow

God no I don’t see the need for politics at a meet or even a social and if they did it would be a short one

"God no I don’t see the need for politics at a meet or even a social and if they did it would be a short one "

I think as said, things can come up although not intentionally brought up. And I think for some, whether or not someone might have very different stances on some issues will be a big deal. As I said, the private is political for some.

By *heLaserGuyMan  over a year ago

Coventry

It wouldn't matter in a casual setting, that includes fwb too, it's like saying their choice of tv viewing is vastly different to mine (like love island shite or reality shows) so I won't meet them lol

In a relationship of course it matters, along with everything else, bit hard to just single it out as one reason.

Ipswich

I know happily married couples that hold differing political views. They're perfectly able to be in love and disagree about certain things at the same time. That's just called being an adult

"I know happily married couples that hold differing political views. They're perfectly able to be in love and disagree about certain things at the same time. That's just called being an adult"

Holding different views is normal. But holding different views on important/personal issues will in my opinion impact love. Doesn’t make you less of an adult if you consider things important to your relationships.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It may not matter but it could depend on how much time you may spend with someone. A fb over several years may be different to a 1 off 2 hours session.

Ipswich

"I know happily married couples that hold differing political views. They're perfectly able to be in love and disagree about certain things at the same time. That's just called being an adult

Holding different views is normal. But holding different views on important/personal issues will in my opinion impact love. Doesn’t make you less of an adult if you consider things important to your relationships. "

Yes its nuanced. Like everything. Which is why I wouldn't be so quick to just write somebody off

Seriously though.. Do you ever look at someone who you are sexually attracted to and think mmm id love to fuck you and then think... Hmm maybe not she could support labour

"Seriously though.. Do you ever look at someone who you are sexually attracted to and think mmm id love to fuck you and then think... Hmm maybe not she could support labour "

As long as she’s not a Tottenham fan i guess!

By *hedevilKTWoman  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Seriously though.. Do you ever look at someone who you are sexually attracted to and think mmm id love to fuck you and then think... Hmm maybe not she could support labour

As long as she’s not a Tottenham fan i guess! "

I was about to type reply to your last comment don’t care who u vote for but if you arsenal fan not happening

"Seriously though.. Do you ever look at someone who you are sexually attracted to and think mmm id love to fuck you and then think... Hmm maybe not she could support labour

As long as she’s not a Tottenham fan i guess! "

See! Real issues getting in the way of sex!!

This

Manchester (she/her)

"Seriously though.. Do you ever look at someone who you are sexually attracted to and think mmm id love to fuck you and then think... Hmm maybe not she could support labour "

Well yeah, because I like to like the people I fuck.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Definitely. If they have extreme views, no matter how sexy they are that would put me off.

It's not about politics explicitly, I mean I dobt ask people if they vote tory. But politics are everywhere. And I like to have a connection with people I fuck. And i like to gauge their views and beliefs on humanity and society. So a hint of racism, a hint of homophobia, any sort of bigotry, the use of the word snowflake, moaning about Greta thunburg, liking piers morgan, reading the fucking sun, anyone of these and many many more mean I would walk away. And of course in a club environment I've probably hooked up with people like that but 1 on 1 I severely doubt it.

"It's not about politics explicitly, I mean I dobt ask people if they vote tory. But politics are everywhere. And I like to have a connection with people I fuck. And i like to gauge their views and beliefs on humanity and society. So a hint of racism, a hint of homophobia, any sort of bigotry, the use of the word snowflake, moaning about Greta thunburg, liking piers morgan, reading the fucking sun, anyone of these and many many more mean I would walk away. And of course in a club environment I've probably hooked up with people like that but 1 on 1 I severely doubt it. "

Agreed. I think it’s good to get a feel of someone before getting intimate with them. I also agree with all of your boundaries!

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I’m not interested.

Brighton - even Hove!

"I’m not interested. "
in sexual politics or political sex.

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Who the fuck has time or inclination to discuss politics during sex

Brighton - even Hove!

"Who the fuck has time or inclination to discuss politics during sex "
only if she’s left leaning (to suck my cock)

"Who the fuck has time or inclination to discuss politics during sex "

??

"I’m not interested. in sexual politics or political sex. "

??

Brighton - even Hove!

"I’m not interested. in sexual politics or political sex.

??"

which bit don’t you understand?

?? which bit don’t you understand? "

I should really be asking you that I think.

Brighton - even Hove!

?? which bit don’t you understand?

I should really be asking you that I think. "

go for it

By *olieandSlaveCouple  over a year ago

Stafford

"It's not about politics explicitly, I mean I dobt ask people if they vote tory. But politics are everywhere. And I like to have a connection with people I fuck. And i like to gauge their views and beliefs on humanity and society. So a hint of racism, a hint of homophobia, any sort of bigotry, the use of the word snowflake, moaning about Greta thunburg, liking piers morgan, reading the fucking sun, anyone of these and many many more mean I would walk away. And of course in a club environment I've probably hooked up with people like that but 1 on 1 I severely doubt it. "

Exactly this.

Also, dropping 'so Katie Hopkins said...' or 'millenials...' or 'in last week's daily mail' or 'bloody cyclist just....' are also sure fire ways to kill that connection!

Liverpool

"It's not about politics explicitly, I mean I dobt ask people if they vote tory. But politics are everywhere. And I like to have a connection with people I fuck. And i like to gauge their views and beliefs on humanity and society. So a hint of racism, a hint of homophobia, any sort of bigotry, the use of the word snowflake, moaning about Greta thunburg, liking piers morgan, reading the fucking sun, anyone of these and many many more mean I would walk away. And of course in a club environment I've probably hooked up with people like that but 1 on 1 I severely doubt it.

Exactly this.

Also, dropping 'so Katie Hopkins said...' or 'millenials...' or 'in last week's daily mail' or 'bloody cyclist just....' are also sure fire ways to kill that connection!

"

Makes me laugh when people slag off millenials to me not realising I'm one as they think millenials are teenagers. They're not even close. I'm about 3 years off being the youngest end of millenials.

By *olieandSlaveCouple  over a year ago

Stafford

"It's not about politics explicitly, I mean I dobt ask people if they vote tory. But politics are everywhere. And I like to have a connection with people I fuck. And i like to gauge their views and beliefs on humanity and society. So a hint of racism, a hint of homophobia, any sort of bigotry, the use of the word snowflake, moaning about Greta thunburg, liking piers morgan, reading the fucking sun, anyone of these and many many more mean I would walk away. And of course in a club environment I've probably hooked up with people like that but 1 on 1 I severely doubt it.

Exactly this.

Makes me laugh when people slag off millenials to me not realising I'm one as they think millenials are teenagers. They're not even close. I'm about 3 years off being the youngest end of millenials."

People like isolating and making any group of people seem 'different'.... divide and conquer

Love to fuck a Tory cunt

» Add a new message to this topic