Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sure why not. Will be good to put some faces to names

By *dditional-1Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Hi there Trinity

Sounds good to me

Let me know where and when and I will be there! !

after the last thread you started about this....and it never happened...are you actually going to book a venue and give us a date this time?

its all very well asking for interest but if you're not going to do anything about it then starting this thread is pointless.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"after the last thread you started about this....and it never happened...are you actually going to book a venue and give us a date this time?

its all very well asking for interest but if you're not going to do anything about it then starting this thread is pointless."

This. There have been many posts over the last months from people saying they would arrange a Leeds Social (and not just from the OP) but one hasn't been arranged. If and when a date and venue has been sorted I'll be happy come along.

Yeah cool count me in

By *cottishrichMan  over a year ago

Here and there

"after the last thread you started about this....and it never happened...are you actually going to book a venue and give us a date this time?

its all very well asking for interest but if you're not going to do anything about it then starting this thread is pointless."

Someone took over the last thread and it did go ahead.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

its all very well asking for interest but if you're not going to do anything about it then starting this thread is pointless.

Someone took over the last thread and it did go ahead. "

Oh yes I remember now. I messaged the OP to be sent the venue details and they deleted my message and didn't send the details. So looks like I am not welcome, which is a shame. I'll stick with the York one then.

Someone took over the last thread and it did go ahead. "

yes...but it wasnt the OP that arranged it.

what i was getting at was the fact that they start this, it drags out for months, then they back out.

either arrange it or not...but there will always be interest.

Here and there

Someone took over the last thread and it did go ahead.

yes...but it wasnt the OP that arranged it.

what i was getting at was the fact that they start this, it drags out for months, then they back out.

either arrange it or not...but there will always be interest."

I can't remember why the OP backed out but I'm sure at the time I thought it was a perfectly valid reason. The fact is that someone else did take over and organise it and you could have attended had you wanted to.

unfortunately, by that time, we didnt want to.

Here and there

"unfortunately, by that time, we didnt want to. "

Well that's nobody's fault but your own. If it bothers you that much perhaps you could organise a social yourself.

"unfortunately, by that time, we didnt want to.

Well that's nobody's fault but your own. If it bothers you that much perhaps you could organise a social yourself. "

No it doesn't bother us at all. What bothers us is the fact that the op started the same thread nearly a year ago, for 5 MONTHS all they did was keep asking 'are you still interested' yet they couldn't come up with a venue or a date. When they've been asked about the date they posted something like 'what date would suit all? But NEXT WEEK is no good for us' like if all you would need to organise a social is a week... And when finally after 5 months someone decided to take it over and posted a date and a venue the op posted right away saying 'up to today we were about to organise it but sadly due to family blablabla'.

Hope they're not wasting others time again.

"unfortunately, by that time, we didnt want to.

Well that's nobody's fault but your own. If it bothers you that much perhaps you could organise a social yourself.

No it doesn't bother us at all. What bothers us is the fact that the op started the same thread nearly a year ago, for 5 MONTHS all they did was keep asking 'are you still interested' yet they couldn't come up with a venue or a date. When they've been asked about the date they posted something like 'what date would suit all? But NEXT WEEK is no good for us' like if all you would need to organise a social is a week... And when finally after 5 months someone decided to take it over and posted a date and a venue the op posted right away saying 'up to today we were about to organise it but sadly due to family blablabla'.

Hope they're not wasting others time again."

I thought exactly the same thing.

We definitely need a social

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

we have just put it out there for general interest, last time we backed out due to my bloke having mri on heart and finding out he has heart problems,

"we have just put it out there for general interest, last time we backed out due to my bloke having mri on heart and finding out he has heart problems,"

so if you have just put it out there for general interest...i take it you arent going to actually arrange one?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If we get enough interest we will

By *hoe_nixCouple  over a year ago

leeds

we would love to attend a leeds social

» Add a new message to this topic