FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Meet Requests and Parties > South West Swingers Ball - feedback needed please!

South West Swingers Ball - feedback needed please!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We are going to be hosting a Swingers Ball in the South West in March/April and would like to get some idea of how much people would be prepared to pay for a ticket.

It will be in a hotel, with

- easy motorway access (M4/M5)

- a fully licensed bar

- DJ and dancefloor

There would be no playing at the ball, but feel free to take the party back to your hotel room or to an after party.

Ideally, we will also negotiate a discounted package for hotel rooms and taxis.

Couples who purchase tickets must have a couples profile.

Single females are more than welcome.

Single males will need to apply for tickets and a limited number will be released nearer the time, should they be available.

We’d love your feedback so we can get planning!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Interested x

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Any idea of location please?

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

I'd think you'd need a play area otherwise people will be leaving early. Far better for them to be able to have fun onsite.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I'd think you'd need a play area otherwise people will be leaving early. Far better for them to be able to have fun onsite."

I'm sure there are clubs for that, the OP wants it to be a social event.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

"I'd think you'd need a play area otherwise people will be leaving early. Far better for them to be able to have fun onsite.

I'm sure there are clubs for that, the OP wants it to be a social event. "

Ahh I was thinking more like 'Eyes Wide Shut' type thing

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I'd think you'd need a play area otherwise people will be leaving early. Far better for them to be able to have fun onsite.

I'm sure there are clubs for that, the OP wants it to be a social event.

Ahh I was thinking more like 'Eyes Wide Shut' type thing "

Lol ok

At the moment we are thinking along the M4 and down the M5 - from Bath to Clevedon-ish.

We have been making enquiries at hotels all along that route and it depends on ticket price to determine the budget for the venue

haha Yes this is a social event only

"haha Yes this is a social event only "

As my comment looks odd I should probally add I’m arranging this with princess lol! Mrs L xx

Haha yeah I keep putting 'we' but haven't said who that is! Oops x

"Haha yeah I keep putting 'we' but haven't said who that is! Oops x"

Haha miss delicious of course! Your bestie and partner in crime lol

By *ilk_TreMan  over a year ago

Wherever the party is!

[Removed by poster at 17/01/18 17:21:27]

By *himp_KittenCouple  over a year ago

Preston

Its definitely a tough one to price in our opinion, all depends on whats being provided.

We've been to a few social type events that have ranged from £5.00 per person to £15.00 per person. The cheaper end of the spectrum was a nice bar type venue private room rental with a dj. Started around 8pm until around 11.

The higher end was a similar setup but the venue was a high standard and there was food and entertainment provided.

In our opinion people wouldn't expect to pay as much as a a club night as the facilities to play are not there.

It may be worth doing to ticket types if the option exists. Room and attendance at one cost and attendance only. Good luck and good on you all for trying to organise it x

By *ngelandDemonCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

We'd be interested in this but what we'd pay depends on what's on offer, are you thinking of doing dinner or a hot buffet, entertainment or a dj, is there an option to book a tickets and accommodation, is it going to be black tie or more casual?

Think you maybe need to give us the format and venue as it'll be easier for us to give you a guide as to what we'd pay

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

So it’s not really a swingers ball? It’s just a ball? But you’re inviting people from here so there will be swingers there. Is it just people from here? Is it just straight couples, or are all groups welcome?

On the face of it, I don’t think I’d pay for this. There are theme nights at clubs that do similar that also would allow people to have sex, and that would appeal to me. But even then I’d pay for the club entry only (plus my drinks of course).

Sorry

V x

By *ave-and-LouiseCouple  over a year ago

Torquay

Maybe £20 to £30 as a couple if it was a proper dress up event, shirt and tie, nice venue etc. Would expect nice buffet at least and would definitely want the option to book/pay for a room on site, with the venue happy for atendees to invite guests back to room.

Wow loads of great feedback - thanks!

I think we were anticipating to charge £20-£30 and rooms would probably be £90-£150 (depending on the venue).

The dress code would be formal/black tie - let's all get dressed up! But it's an open venue, so no naked bits please!

The venue would be a hotel - ideally 4*, but depends on how much people want to pay. We would ensure that the hotel were aware that guests might have other people into their rooms but would expect guests and their guests to be respectful of others staying at the hotel.

Any couple is welcome - the only restriction is on single males (because there are so many and if we opened the tickets up to all of them, then we probably wouldn't have anyone else there!)

This is a social event only - a chance for people to get out for the night, relax and meet other like-minded people. It's a 'swingers' ball in that everyone there will be from the swinging community but there is no pressure to play (as always) and no facilities to play unless you have a room in the hotel.

I have a few more questions in response to your comments:-

- for this price would you expect food? And, if so, what kind (hot buffet/sit down dinner/ cold buffet)?

- what kind of entertainment would you expect, if any?

Thanks again,

Princess and DirtyDelicious xx

By *himp_KittenCouple  over a year ago

Preston

Food wise we'd probably expect a cold buffet, nice sandwiches and finger foods.

Entertainment wise as long as there's music for people to dance to that is the main thing, if you can find a suitable dj that would be better as it gives people the ability to request music they like and they can take care of the lighting and levels etc.

Maybe buy a naughty toy, i.e vibrator and have it pre wrapped. Issue each guest with a raffle ticket when they arrive and draw a winner half way through the night. We've always found that the little extras like that keep people happy and gives that little bit more to a social event. xx

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I think we were anticipating to charge £20-£30 and rooms would probably be £90-£150 (depending on the venue)."

Ouch that certainly rules me out I'm a single care worker lol

""I think we were anticipating to charge £20-£30 and rooms would probably be £90-£150 (depending on the venue)."

Ouch that certainly rules me out I'm a single care worker lol "

It just depends - we're literally in the very early stages. As soon as we know what people want and we can find a venue, then we'll be able to give you more of an idea. As always, we like to take care of our single ladies

"Food wise we'd probably expect a cold buffet, nice sandwiches and finger foods.

Entertainment wise as long as there's music for people to dance to that is the main thing, if you can find a suitable dj that would be better as it gives people the ability to request music they like and they can take care of the lighting and levels etc.

Maybe buy a naughty toy, i.e vibrator and have it pre wrapped. Issue each guest with a raffle ticket when they arrive and draw a winner half way through the night. We've always found that the little extras like that keep people happy and gives that little bit more to a social event. xx"

The raffle is a great idea! We definitely will have a DJ and a dancefloor

Not sure about food yet - getting quotes for everything at the moment.

Please can single males stop messaging me about the Swingers Ball. If and when the tickets are on sale, then I will post about it.

If anyone wonders why single males get a bad wrap on this site, this is a good example!

I have no issue with single males as a rule but some of them are so desperate that they're asking to go on a waiting list for tickets to an event with no date, venue or price.

Any single males who message about this event will probably not make it on to the waiting list cos it's just filling up my inbox

Interested.

By *rivenSnowCouple  over a year ago

Uk

We would certainly be interested. We love dressing up as well as dressing down.

We will watch this thread for updates.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Please can single males stop messaging me about the Swingers Ball. If and when the tickets are on sale, then I will post about it.

If anyone wonders why single males get a bad wrap on this site, this is a good example!

I have no issue with single males as a rule but some of them are so desperate that they're asking to go on a waiting list for tickets to an event with no date, venue or price.

Any single males who message about this event will probably not make it on to the waiting list cos it's just filling up my inbox"

Oh dear. Best to register your interest on here, give the lady some peace guys.

By *ngelandDemonCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

Prices seem reasonable, sure you'd be able to get a decent room rate out of the hotel for people wanting to stay over, there usually open to doing a deal.

Buffet dj and dance floor sounds great!!

» Add a new message to this topic