FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Meet Requests and Parties > Star Trek Destination OCT BIRMINGHAM

Star Trek Destination OCT BIRMINGHAM

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is anyone else going this year? I’m going the whole weekend and got the nearest hotel booked. Just curious if any other trekkers are on here and going? Be cool to hangout at the after parties.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If anyone is going along then feel free to get in touch

By *axxxcMan  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

I'm going, it's an expensive weekend but worth it. I went in 2016 and to Destination Star Trek London some years back.

Is anyone staying at the Hilton next to the NEC?

By *an and wifeyCouple  over a year ago

n lincs

Just booked for this weekend. Never been. Do people dress up in costumes. Don’t want to look out of place lol lol

"Just booked for this weekend. Never been. Do people dress up in costumes. Don’t want to look out of place lol lol "

It's mix and match, plenty will dress up and there will be plenty who don't, my uniforms are ready to go, pics on profile

South Yorkshire

I have 2 costumes all ready! I can't wait!!

n lincs

Think we will go for the 2 costumes then lol lol for the Saturday and Sunday. Hope there’s enough to keep us occupied with out spending too much ha ha. Only problem with these gigs. Every thing is extra and can spend a small mortgage ha ha. Something we don’t have at the minute but looking forward to it all the same

By *layer oneMan  over a year ago

mirfield

Been thinking of going could be a great mini meet up

There's loads of free stiff happening and im sure you'll find plenty to do, some of the property photoshoots are free and you can take loads of pictures all weekend, I also recommend the parties if you can go, the tickets are cheapish

n lincs

"There's loads of free stiff happening and im sure you'll find plenty to do, some of the property photoshoots are free and you can take loads of pictures all weekend, I also recommend the parties if you can go, the tickets are cheapish"
didn’t know there was parties. Presuming on the night. Booked hotel but it’s about 6+ miles away from venue like a good party too lol

South Yorkshire

The parties are £20 but last time they were packed in a small room. It's at the Hilton but last time a lot just went to the bar at the Hilton as it's right next to the party. That's what I'll be doing this year and I think a load of others are too. The parties were inidednin a lot of tickets last year but not this year so I guess more will be inclined to spend the £20 on their drinks bill instead!

You ain't ever seen the Hilton until you've seen it full of folk in Star Trek cosplay!!!

n lincs

"The parties are £20 but last time they were packed in a small room. It's at the Hilton but last time a lot just went to the bar at the Hilton as it's right next to the party. That's what I'll be doing this year and I think a load of others are too. The parties were inidednin a lot of tickets last year but not this year so I guess more will be inclined to spend the £20 on their drinks bill instead!

You ain't ever seen the Hilton until you've seen it full of folk in Star Trek cosplay!!!"

will have to keep our eyes out for the Hilton see if it’s worth a taxi ride after on the Saturday

The hotel I'm in is about 6 miles from the NEC too, but its only a 12 min train ride

South Yorkshire

The Hilton is literally right next to the event, it's where the Star Trek cast are staying and where the official/unofficial parties are. I'm staying there this year so imdont have to get any taxies, and I can nip to my room for a shower and a cuppa if I feel the need!

n lincs

Will have to see if train is available for us but doubt it. Our hotel on the m6. Think was was a bit rash in booking

n lincs

Will have to see if train is available for us but doubt it. Our hotel on the m6. Think was was a bit rash in booking

4 days to go, how are people's costumes coming along?

South Yorkshire

I have 2 costumes for the weekend, one is complete and the other needs finishing off. Should have it completed tomorrow.

2 uniforms ready and my space suit will have to be at the next one

n lincs

"4 days to go, how are people's costumes coming along?"
straight out the packet Pmsl. Although badges and pips might need putting on

Had a great time at DST this year - larger event than the last time I attended in 2016 and the cosplay was ‘out of this world’ - there’s something about Andorian women I can’t resist...

...and this thread made it on an ‘article’ in the Sun noice

South Yorkshire

Yes I saw the article, I was mentioned in it!!!

South Yorkshire

[Removed by poster at 04/10/19 18:59:32]

South Yorkshire

Off again this year, if anyone else here is - feel free to say hello!

» Add a new message to this topic