FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > Mobile app

Mobile app

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Will there actually be a mobile app at any point? What are the costings and support needed? The “mobile app” as it exists is just a app tile that opens a web browser and doesn’t seem to be a stand-alone app in and of itself.

Not throwing stones, just asking. Sometimes I don’t have open web access (restrictions). I.E. Can’t use the web to access fab, but I can use other apps of a similar nature with no content access issues. :/

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Will there actually be a mobile app at any point? What are the costings and support needed? The “mobile app” as it exists is just a app tile that opens a web browser and doesn’t seem to be a stand-alone app in and of itself.

Not throwing stones, just asking. Sometimes I don’t have open web access (restrictions). I.E. Can’t use the web to access fab, but I can use other apps of a similar nature with no content access issues. :/"

An app has been talked about before, have a search. I seem to recall the main problems would be problem getting an app with adult content on app stores especially apple and then development costs. If you want access fab with restricted web access use a vpn or a browser with a built in vpn such as opera.

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

As said above or contact mobile provider and lift adult content blocker. With o2 it's as simple as having a credit card so you don't actually have human interaction. Cant speak for other providers as I'm on o2.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It would be good if there was one , like above I cant really use this site in work.

But if there was a app it would shown as a app, even if it was for getting messages and exchanging pictures and vids

Thanks for the responses. As I’m not in the dev world, I’ve not been familiar with the process of bringing an app live—hadn’t thought about pushback from app store/Play for getting adult apps in the stores for d/l. Hmm, that's rubbish.

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

The Boro

I have various apps for watching movies which are not in the app stores. They just put the APK online and you download it from the internet.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"I have various apps for watching movies which are not in the app stores. They just put the APK online and you download it from the internet."

That only works for android. You can't sideload anything on an apple phone without jailbreaking it.

By *idsBiGuyMan  over a year ago

Tamworth

TL;DR: Android is possible (but would be ill-advised), iOS is straight up nope.

A bit more detail:

Whilst mobile apps can be fairly easy to develop (if you know what you’re doing), doing it properly, securely and being able to support every device isn’t quite as simple as building a website.

Another difficulty involved is actually getting them published.

With Android, the play store’s policies aren’t quite as strict so it could indeed be possible.

The comments about side loading aren’t particularly helpful though. Reverse engineering android APKs is not that difficult at all, meaning someone with bad intentions could quite easily dupe you into installing a malicious variant that quietly sends your login details/other information to other places and none of us want that on our hands, least of all the folks that run this site. Likely? Probably not. Slightly paranoid? Entirely probably. Possible? Definitely.

It also would mean opening up parts of the fabswingers backend systems (the technical term being api design - this IS difficult to do properly). Now with such intimately personal details on here it’d have a lot riding on getting this right without opening up security holes and that is an artful science - take it from someone who has looked for (and found, reported and had fixed) security flaws in many a website. I own a small-time web hosting company and you’d be surprised at the amount of websites out there that get stung with malware on a regular basis.

Anyway, moving on. With iOS, an app for this service wouldn’t get through app review because it’s straight up against app review guidelines owing to adult content. There is no legitimate way around this problem. I say legitimate because there’s a technical way of getting around it, but if fabswingers were to get caught doing it, they’d be boned.

Before anyone mentions grindr, they have a policy of no nudity (that’s at least visible publicly), so that’s how they get away with it.

Sources: Me. I’ve been developing mobile apps for about 6 or so years.

Cheers for the clarification, much appreciated breakdown (and rather light on technicals). I get the idea that a purple team as well as an over-arching sec team would have to be in place-given the nature of the content here, and I doubt they’d want to expend that much resource, if they even have that, to make it possible.

Understandable.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Apple wouldn’t allow nude photos or certain words. Etc there very beige

By *exy BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde

"It also would mean opening up parts of the fabswingers backend systems..."

Now I know absolutely nothing about this technology....

But I REALLY don't like the sound of that....

» Add a new message to this topic