FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > Blocking no verified accounts

Blocking no verified accounts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We know we can filter messages from none photo verified or verified meet accounts but is there a way to just stop these accounts from seeing our profile?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

No, there's no option to be able to stop others from viewing you, unless you have blocked specific people or hide your profile

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

No there's not OP. Just keep using your message filters.

By *bwlookingforfunWoman  over a year ago

crawley

I wish my unverified ex didn't have an option to remake a profile in 5mins and be able to creep around.

Sadly fab needs a few, suggested by members improvements.

"I wish my unverified ex didn't have an option to remake a profile in 5mins and be able to creep around.

Sadly fab needs a few, suggested by members improvements. "

Yeah we just think it’s a waste of time that they can even see us, we have no interest in talking or meeting with unverified accounts so whats the point in them being able to see us

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Agree totally with this, we had to photo verify before we could even use the site properly and upload pics so why shouldn't that be the case for all, freezing the account until they verify makes a lot of sense.

By *anhung22Man  over a year ago

Birmingham

"

Agree totally with this, we had to photo verify before we could even use the site properly and upload pics so why shouldn't that be the case for all, freezing the account until they verify makes a lot of sense."

Yep it’s all good having the filters but it’s the pics we would prefer accounts that aren’t photo verified to see, what’s the point in anyone being able to look in our shop window we just simply won’t let in.

Doubt we are alone in this either as pretty much every couple we speak with have the same stance.

"

Agree totally with this, we had to photo verify before we could even use the site properly and upload pics so why shouldn't that be the case for all, freezing the account until they verify makes a lot of sense.

Yep it’s all good having the filters but it’s the pics we would prefer accounts that aren’t photo verified to see, what’s the point in anyone being able to look in our shop window we just simply won’t let in.

Doubt we are alone in this either as pretty much every couple we speak with have the same stance."

It's frustrating but surely not verified by meet or photo after a year would set alarm bells ringing to anyone, give people a month to get used to the site and then ask them to photo verify, until they do maybe the profile should have question mark where the tick or flag is

"

Doubt we are alone in this either as pretty much every couple we speak with have the same stance.

It's frustrating but surely not verified by meet or photo after a year would set alarm bells ringing to anyone, give people a month to get used to the site and then ask them to photo verify, until they do maybe the profile should have question mark where the tick or flag is "

Yeah we get that, suppose we took a little while getting our heads round the site too.

Also took us about 10 attempts of logging the pic as every one we put on got rejected, the one that was finally verified is really bad

"

It's frustrating but surely not verified by meet or photo after a year would set alarm bells ringing to anyone, give people a month to get used to the site and then ask them to photo verify, until they do maybe the profile should have question mark where the tick or flag is

Yeah we get that, suppose we took a little while getting our heads round the site too.

Also took us about 10 attempts of logging the pic as every one we put on got rejected, the one that was finally verified is really bad "

Lol ours too, thankfully it's not visible. Who knew holding up a piece of paper trying to get both hands in could be so hard

"I wish my unverified ex didn't have an option to remake a profile in 5mins and be able to creep around.

Yeah we just think it’s a waste of time that they can even see us, we have no interest in talking or meeting with unverified accounts so whats the point in them being able to see us "

Just sort of curious why there is animosity towards unverified accounts? As a relative newbie, it's very hard to even strike up a conversation on here, let alone get to know someone well enough for a meet (in non covid times) and then lead to verification. I'm sure there are good reasons why you think a non verified account should be able to be blocked, I'm just curious to know is all

Yeah we just think it’s a waste of time that they can even see us, we have no interest in talking or meeting with unverified accounts so whats the point in them being able to see us

Just sort of curious why there is animosity towards unverified accounts? As a relative newbie, it's very hard to even strike up a conversation on here, let alone get to know someone well enough for a meet (in non covid times) and then lead to verification. I'm sure there are good reasons why you think a non verified account should be able to be blocked, I'm just curious to know is all "

The question is aimed towards non photo verified accounts, you are photo verified

There’s lots of fake profiles and and fantasists on here which we would prefer to avoid.

Put it this way, if you were in a couple and you had a couples account message you without photo verification would you suspect it was a single just trying their luck to get face pics (pic collector) or would you solidly trust them? Not saying every none photo verified couples account is fake but it’s hardly a big ask for people to get a quick pic together to get verified.

Just sort of curious why there is animosity towards unverified accounts? As a relative newbie, it's very hard to even strike up a conversation on here, let alone get to know someone well enough for a meet (in non covid times) and then lead to verification. I'm sure there are good reasons why you think a non verified account should be able to be blocked, I'm just curious to know is all

The question is aimed towards non photo verified accounts, you are photo verified

There’s lots of fake profiles and and fantasists on here which we would prefer to avoid.

Put it this way, if you were in a couple and you had a couples account message you without photo verification would you suspect it was a single just trying their luck to get face pics (pic collector) or would you solidly trust them? Not saying every none photo verified couples account is fake but it’s hardly a big ask for people to get a quick pic together to get verified."

Ah I see. Yeh, that is totally understandable. I took it as meaning verified by meets, misunderstood. If I was in that position, then yes I'd do the same. It's kind of weird to think people actually do that, but hey ho, fab is proving to be a whole new world so far haha

Always need to watch out for the one meet by webcam years ago profiles too.

When we had messages from single guys coming through the amount of times they said they would verify us if we add them to our friends list was mad.

Lots of pitfalls to work around on here but with a trained eyes fakes are pretty easy to spot

I think folk forget that they cannot be verified until they meet a veried person. So you all forget you were the same when you joined.

I admit its easier for fems and couples but really give the newbies a break . Someone gave you the chance and verified you . At least give them the same respect

"I think folk forget that they cannot be verified until they meet a veried person. So you all forget you were the same when you joined.

I admit its easier for fems and couples but really give the newbies a break . Someone gave you the chance and verified you . At least give them the same respect "

What if they aren't newbies though? Over a year without verifying is odd if you are serious about this.

Obviously newbies haven't had an opportunity to get verified by meet due to covid but photo verifying is a sign you can be bothered.

"I think folk forget that they cannot be verified until they meet a veried person. So you all forget you were the same when you joined.

I admit its easier for fems and couples but really give the newbies a break . Someone gave you the chance and verified you . At least give them the same respect "

We are only talking photo verification here by the way, can’t understand why that isn’t done

I admit its easier for fems and couples but really give the newbies a break . Someone gave you the chance and verified you . At least give them the same respect

We are only talking photo verification here by the way, can’t understand why that isn’t done "

Why ? Its a useless way same as the phone was. You can use any pic and say its you. Cam or meet should be only ones. Ive been here since site started up and believe me loads been on who def aint those in the pics

What if they aren't newbies though? Over a year without verifying is odd if you are serious about this.

Obviously newbies haven't had an opportunity to get verified by meet due to covid but photo verifying is a sign you can be bothered."

How do you know they really want to meet could be here just for the banter in chatrooms . Or just to perv . Or as like a lot . They dont use it much as no one meets unverified peeps .

Im here nearly 14 years and i refuse to be photo verified . Its up to the user how they want to use or be verified .

Because often it's says on the profile that they are looking to meet, if you say that then surely that's the reason you are here.

If a couple doesn't feel the need to photo verify that is why over a year after they started out they tend to still be unverified by meet.

We are only talking photo verification here by the way, can’t understand why that isn’t done

Why ? Its a useless way same as the phone was. You can use any pic and say its you. Cam or meet should be only ones. Ive been here since site started up and believe me loads been on who def aint those in the pics"

Hmmm, how can you use any pic and say it’s you when you have to hold a piece of paper with your username on?

Anyway we only asked if there was a way to block non photo verified accounts as we don’t want them to see us as we personally won’t speak with them so it’s a waste of time them even being able to view our profile whether genuine or not.

Our approach, maybe not yours

Why ? Its a useless way same as the phone was. You can use any pic and say its you. Cam or meet should be only ones. Ive been here since site started up and believe me loads been on who def aint those in the pics

Hmmm, how can you use any pic and say it’s you when you have to hold a piece of paper with your username on?

Anyway we only asked if there was a way to block non photo verified accounts as we don’t want them to see us as we personally won’t speak with them so it’s a waste of time them even being able to view our profile whether genuine or not.

Our approach, maybe not yours "

Lol your approach to the site and newbies is quite rude really .

So because ive disagreed im blocked . Dont flatter your selves on here not every newbie or unverified would want to meet you . Enjoy the site .

So because ive disagreed im blocked . Dont flatter your selves on here not every newbie or unverified would want to meet you . Enjoy the site . "

We got photo verified when we started and this we ask for as a minimum if someone does happen to be interested in us, how is it rude to expect a certain level of verification?

We don’t want to meet everyone on the site and likewise don’t by any means think everyone would want to meet us.

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple  over a year ago

Watford

Maybe there could be a blue tick kind of thing for verified members. Maybe site supporters could have an option to block non-blue ticks? Just a thought!

By *he James gangCouple  over a year ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

"

Also took us about 10 attempts of logging the pic as every one we put on got rejected, the one that was finally verified is really bad "

Not a lot wrong with present pics, hubba hubba!

By *he James gangCouple  over a year ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

So because ive disagreed im blocked . Dont flatter your selves on here not every newbie or unverified would want to meet you . Enjoy the site . "

The point is, people like yourself are on over a year and only have a webcam verification. This in no way imbues any confidence that the profile is real. It may be but with so many 'no shows' at meets can you blame people for being cautious.

Also get most pics Google search actually seen Megan fox lived near us on here lol

By *bwlookingforfunWoman  over a year ago

crawley

Why ? Its a useless way same as the phone was. You can use any pic and say its you. Cam or meet should be only ones. Ive been here since site started up and believe me loads been on who def aint those in the pics"

That's talking crap. Pic verification needs a piece of paper with I'd written on it, with your body/face showing.

If someone doesn't take it seriously and isn't willing to verify, no matter make or female, I would like to have a choice if I my profile is visible for them or not.

Maybe people like you are willing to meet unverified newbies, but it's my choice to meet only verified users. There is nothing rude about it.

Yes, there are next steps of verifications to make sure person is real, but that's different story.

We never mentioned meeting them but 30% of the site is usually bogus that's why we always meet for a social first and also u can be verified by meets?? Not just photo

By *ficouldMan  over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

Yeah we just think it’s a waste of time that they can even see us, we have no interest in talking or meeting with unverified accounts so whats the point in them being able to see us "

What's the point ?

Its so that more people get verified, pay towards the site upkeep. Just imagine if there were no pretty pictures and profiles to see, some people wouldn't bother getting verified or pay for subscriptions.

What's the point ?

Its so that more people get verified, pay towards the site upkeep. Just imagine if there were no pretty pictures and profiles to see, some people wouldn't bother getting verified or pay for subscriptions. "

Membership and photo verification aren’t the same, photo verification doesn’t come at a cost.

We only look at the pretty pictures on photo verified accounts so don’t really get your point as if there’s no green flag we don’t look any further.

There are plenty of verified accounts on here so pretty certain a lot of people have the same stance, as a matter of fact the photo verification part is one of the reasons we joined fab over some of the crappy apps that are out there.

By *ficouldMan  over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

"

We only look at the pretty pictures on photo verified accounts so don’t really get your point as if there’s no green flag we don’t look any further.

"

Yes OK. You don't look at other profiles of non photo verified accounts.

But all those other people who are new(and old) to the site , can come in have a look at you, me etc etc and think to themselves I'd like to join/ get photo verified so that I can message.

Best analogy i can think of..

If the site didn't allow the "candy" to be seen how many would come in ?

"

Yes OK. You don't look at other profiles of non photo verified accounts.

But all those other people who are new(and old) to the site , can come in have a look at you, me etc etc and think to themselves I'd like to join/ get photo verified so that I can message.

Best analogy i can think of..

If the site didn't allow the "candy" to be seen how many would come in ?

"

A lot have our stance but not all, everyone is different so sure there will still be plenty of profiles out there that can be viewed and if people seriously want to see more profiles and are serious about meeting I’m confident they would go and get photo verified as it costs nothing.

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

"

A lot have our stance but not all, everyone is different so sure there will still be plenty of profiles out there that can be viewed and if people seriously want to see more profiles and are serious about meeting I’m confident they would go and get photo verified as it costs nothing.

"

We wont entertain any account that's not at least photo verified and we wont approach any account that has no photos on it (though if they message us we will see what happens).

We understand people want their privacy and we are fine with that but we have dealt with a few people (verified in one form or another) who refuse point blank to let you know what they look like prior to a meet. That's a no from us. I honestly wish we could only just see photo verified accounts because it would filter out a bit more of the BS we all endure o this site from certain account types.

[Removed by poster at 08/07/20 22:23:53]

So because ive disagreed im blocked . Dont flatter your selves on here not every newbie or unverified would want to meet you . Enjoy the site .

The point is, people like yourself are on over a year and only have a webcam verification. This in no way imbues any confidence that the profile is real. It may be but with so many 'no shows' at meets can you blame people for being cautious. "

Ive been on the site since it opened . Nearly 14 yrs . I am well verified i just dont choose to show them .

Never blamed anyone for being cautious

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Well said. Also if you only want certain people looking at your pics, set them to friends only and again, use your filters to block them from messaging. I don't see the problem with people looking if they can't contact you tbh.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

We are only talking photo verification here by the way, can’t understand why that isn’t done "

It's called choice. Nothing more, nothing less.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

The point is, people like yourself are on over a year and only have a webcam verification. This in no way imbues any confidence that the profile is real. It may be but with so many 'no shows' at meets can you blame people for being cautious. "

Making a massive assumption there and very probably a wrong one. Verifications can be hidden, as can the summary. I do this and only display the recent ones, which are.. Wait for it.. Cam veris. After 5 years on here, does this make me any less real?

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Maybe there should be an option for hidden profiles not to be able to view anyone else as well? Some people find that really annoying.

Yes, i raised the very same question a while back about not making Fab photo verified but seemed to be met with the response 'its your choice to view them or not' but id rather not get them in the first place! Should be a simple toggle request in privacy options. So many more unverified accounts just have a perv these days whilst lockdown (not everyone granted!)

It's called choice. Nothing more, nothing less. "

We would like the choice of stopping accounts that aren’t verified from seeing our profile

» Add a new message to this topic