FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > Filter by body type

Filter by body type

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iscreants OP   Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Not seeking to be contentious but could we have a body type filter on the advanced search?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just a fully comprehensive filter would be better. Not just body type. The data is there.

Yes I like bbw and only really want those who are shown

By *bwlookingforfunWoman  over a year ago

crawley

It would make my life so much easier... I want to make sure guy gets that I'm big, not size 14.

I did private message the admins some time ago about this as i also thought it would be a much better and easier idea.

By *arrior PrincessWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Good idea, height would be good too! Maybe GCSE English grade too!

"Not seeking to be contentious but could we have a body type filter on the advanced search?"

Seems very logical, seeing as there are other filters based upon personal choice too. That way people could still include what they wish for etc. I actually find it strange why there isn’t this choice.

What is the definition of fabulous by the way?

Trouble is so many are not even familiar with what each body type actually means lol

"What is the definition of fabulous by the way?"

I class myself as fabulous and that’s simply because it’s the larger choice I feel I’m bigger than curvy and it seems I’m forced to chose that box

By *enuineCoupleCheshireBBWCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire

You are gorgeous

By *ilkChocManMan  over a year ago

Sanderstead

A BBW filter for me please!

Love girls with curves

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Just a fully comprehensive filter would be better. Not just body type. The data is there. "

Users put a fair amount of details about themselves but only a fraction is available to be searched upon. It's silly and stops people finding others that are good matches as easily as it should be.

Poor searches also likely help to clog up peoples inboxes, with messages from unsuitable users. It's a lose-lose situation.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Trouble is so many are not even familiar with what each body type actually means lol"

True. Some are vague and we'd probably be better off with a wider range as well as brief help notes on what each one is.

In the meantime, we can't search upon many of the user provided details anyway

By *mmixtapeCouple  over a year ago

middle earth

Honestly this site just needs a bit of an overhall, the gender boxes aren't great, and having to call yourself "ample" or "curvy" just seems a bit outdated. I personally hate being called a BBW but I'd rather that someone knew I was fat before they messaged

By *ll 4 herCouple  over a year ago

Bury/Bolton

This has been asked for many times. If you look at the numbers on site, then start to use those kinds of search filters what you would probably find is there would be very few options for most in most scenarios, meaning people would be less likely to stick around.

If you think of what it takes to make a site like this work, it's numbers of subscribers, if after looking around you found there were only a limited number of people you wanted to interact with based on preferences, chances are if people didn't leave straight away they would probably be less active and so the site slowly dies.

Just look at the most recently added features for evidence:-

Updates based on preferences displayed nationally = site looks busier but in truth the most the updates are too far away to be of interest.

Photos based on category = more appealing to pic collectors than those looking to meet unless used in conjunction with other search filters that we don't have.

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

"Just a fully comprehensive filter would be better. Not just body type. The data is there.

Users put a fair amount of details about themselves but only a fraction is available to be searched upon. It's silly and stops people finding others that are good matches as easily as it should be.

Poor searches also likely help to clog up peoples inboxes, with messages from unsuitable users. It's a lose-lose situation. "

How would it help to reduce messages to unclog inboxes ? If you read someone's profile first you get all the information you need to decide whether and how to message them. Perhaps you mean to use them as a filter on incoming messages ? e.g " you are not tall enough to send a message to the user"

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

I'm fat, and hate the prospect of disappointing someone.

So many people have so many different ideas on body types, height and age that I'm not sure filters would actually work because they just rely on the honesty of the person inputting the data ... which is frequently not accurate at time of input!

By *awpleasureMan  over a year ago

Sutton Coldfield

"So many people have so many different ideas on body types, height and age that I'm not sure filters would actually work because they just rely on the honesty of the person inputting the data ... which is frequently not accurate at time of input! "

Yes there's going to be a small percentage who are either kidding themselves or deliberately deceiving. They'll soon get found out though.

But for the majority of people who are honest in their profiles, this will save a lot of time if the filters are overhauled.

Curvy is ambiguous to say the least. Ample is another term that some find offensive. But am guessing that someone somewhere will find a term that they don't like so I guess it's a difficult one for the admins.

However, BBW should definitely be on there as a body type imo as many women on here fit that description and many men like them.

» Add a new message to this topic