FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > Who's near me?

Who's near me?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone near me?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *trem63Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

This dosnt work im in southyorks it showing nearest pearson is in wales

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

How do you know where the person is?

By *tehalifaxMan  over a year ago

halifax

any single ladies or couples free in halifax

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I tested this feature whilst travelling down the a66 and a1m from Lakes to Southyorks. All the mobile near me users were from all over the country.

Now I can understand this on the 66 as its a cross country route miles from large towns so any travellers would be from all over the shop, but on the A1m I would have thought a good proportion of users would be (as I passed through each area) first from Darlington, followed by Harrogate and York, and certainly from Leeds (population around the million mark with its outlying districts) Yet at no point did this happen.

Considering that the 'distance' info was blank I believe it was just throwing up mobile users from anywhere. Still its the apps first day and there's bound to be lots of teething problems before it is any real use. The internet itself being a prime example of this fact...

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"I tested this feature whilst travelling down the a66 and a1m from Lakes to Southyorks. All the mobile near me users were from all over the country.

Now I can understand this on the 66 as its a cross country route miles from large towns so any travellers would be from all over the shop, but on the A1m I would have thought a good proportion of users would be (as I passed through each area) first from Darlington, followed by Harrogate and York, and certainly from Leeds (population around the million mark with its outlying districts) Yet at no point did this happen.

Considering that the 'distance' info was blank I believe it was just throwing up mobile users from anywhere. Still its the apps first day and there's bound to be lots of teething problems before it is any real use. The internet itself being a prime example of this fact..."

If distance it blank, it's not working on your phone. What phone is it?

Admin x

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"How do you know where the person is?"

Works fine for me

By *orthern Monkey 74Man  over a year ago

Oakham

Just had this working and turned it off, why when I use this to seach I get all the blokes as well.

Can this not be linked to your profile for what you are looking for, ie with me females or couples.

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Just had this working and turned it off, why when I use this to seach I get all the blokes as well.

Can this not be linked to your profile for what you are looking for, ie with me females or couples. "

It says at the top of the "near" page that filtering is coming shortly

Admin x

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"Just had this working and turned it off, why when I use this to seach I get all the blokes as well.

Can this not be linked to your profile for what you are looking for, ie with me females or couples. "

admin have already stated on a number of threads that Filters will be introduced shortly...

however gives us all an indication of how many results will appear on our screens once the filters are active (except those actively looking for single guys)

By *ipes82Man  over a year ago

Treforest, Pontypridd

Don't work I'm in south wales and it showing people in yorkshire and plymouth and tounton?

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"Don't work I'm in south wales and it showing people in yorkshire and plymouth and tounton? "

"How do you know where the person is?"

By *orthern Monkey 74Man  over a year ago

Oakham

Can this not be linked to your profile for what you are looking for, ie with me females or couples.

It says at the top of the "near" page that filtering is coming shortly

Admin x"

sorry did not see that when I logged in, will wait until we can filter.

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Don't work I'm in south wales and it showing people in yorkshire and plymouth and tounton? "

Does it show distances? If distance is blank it's not working yet on your phone.

Admin x

I LOVE IT.

"I LOVE IT. "

Agreed!

By *abloBackMan  over a year ago

London

Keeps telling me I don't have permission

i'm in ne scotland and it just shows ppl from England lol

"i'm in ne scotland and it just shows ppl from England lol"

many peeps on holiday north of the border perhaps?

"i'm in ne scotland and it just shows ppl from England lol

many peeps on holiday north of the border perhaps?"

if thats the case then where i am is crawling with swingers hahaha

"I tested this feature whilst travelling down the a66 and a1m from Lakes to Southyorks. All the mobile near me users were from all over the country.

Considering that the 'distance' info was blank I believe it was just throwing up mobile users from anywhere. Still its the apps first day and there's bound to be lots of teething problems before it is any real use. The internet itself being a prime example of this fact...

If distance it blank, it's not working on your phone. What phone is it?

Admin x"

Its a standard blackberry curve.

» Add a new message to this topic