FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > nokia n8 problems

nokia n8 problems

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

is anybody having issues with nokia phones(n8) not finding your current location? I would love some help as admin is not responding! Thanks guys

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *orny Biker 69Man  over a year ago

Greenford

same for me, worked on the first day and hasn't worked since.

Currently it's about as much use as a chocolate teapot, lol

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"Does your phone show your position correctly in your Mapping App, when you switch Who's Near on, do you get a line with "We got your location OK: 53.123456, -3.123456"? Is this your correct position?"

"If you open your browser and browse to maps.google.co.uk, does it show your position?"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Does your phone show your position correctly in your Mapping App, when you switch Who's Near on, do you get a line with "We got your location OK: 53.123456, -3.123456"? Is this your correct position?

If you open your browser and browse to maps.google.co.uk, does it show your position?"

Also does it interact with othe apps on year phone (facebook, camera, other websites)??

By *quirrel10Man  over a year ago

in the stix

i have an n8 which worked for the first couple of days but then stopped. Now all it says is 'can't find your current location' and i haven't got the foggiest how to sort it out.

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

not seen Admin post anything against the various Nokia posts ...

from posts seen it appears they have only tested against iOS and Android so maybe you Nokia users are unable to access the feature

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

Works fine on my N8. Don't know what In did to make it work, it just kind of does!!

Warrington & Glasgow

"i have an n8 which worked for the first couple of days but then stopped. Now all it says is 'can't find your current location' and i haven't got the foggiest how to sort it out. "
Sounds like a permissions problem, which browser are you using? And which operating system?

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"Works fine on my N8. Don't know what In did to make it work, it just kind of does!!"

just there have in the main been more Nokia users posting then iPhone / Android / BB so assumed they were sorted but not the N's

but if it is working then as ever seems to be user error... can you regail what setting you have on yr Nokia which may aid others with similar phone?

By *quirrel10Man  over a year ago

in the stix

I've had a browse through my phone and it says symbian 3 and browser 4.0 if that makes any sense?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

you have to activate it. It will ask you when the phone is requested. Mine works now.

Warrington & Glasgow

"you have to activate it. It will ask you when the phone is requested. Mine works now."
Can you give a bit more detail of the steps required to get it working on your N8? There have been quite a few people asking!

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I don't know what I did. I switched it on, a pop up came and asked if I wanted the website to access my location, I clicked OK, now it works.

Haven't really used it, just notice a barrage of messages when I log on from my phone!

» Add a new message to this topic