FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > Messaging system overhaul

Messaging system overhaul

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The messaging system really needs a massive overhaul, it’s been almost identical for a decade now and the world has moved on!

The chat system really needs to move to an instant messenger type system and have more options for filtering messages (filter by single, couple etc, filter only friends, only hotlist etc)

As an example I currently have a number of chats with people that I hit it off with, and my follow up messages just end up unread, unsurprising when they immediately get buried in a huge pile.

Hopefully there’s a plan to do some updating over time because the whole interface feels very last decade.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eandmrsjones69Couple  over a year ago

Middle England

Apparently they have, and I quote, '*lots*' planned for 2023.

By *mperiumMan  over a year ago

@

Pinned messages would be very helpful

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"The messaging system really needs a massive overhaul, it’s been almost identical for a decade now and the world has moved on!

The chat system really needs to move to an instant messenger type system and have more options for filtering messages (filter by single, couple etc, filter only friends, only hotlist etc)

As an example I currently have a number of chats with people that I hit it off with, and my follow up messages just end up unread, unsurprising when they immediately get buried in a huge pile.

Hopefully there’s a plan to do some updating over time because the whole interface feels very last decade."

They could be busy if they were that interested in replying straight away it wouldn't make any difference on amount of messages they've received

By *astandFeistyCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

How about a 'I've previously replied' box?

I'm no tech expert but surely that could be implemented

"The messaging system really needs a massive overhaul, it’s been almost identical for a decade now and the world has moved on!

Hopefully there’s a plan to do some updating over time because the whole interface feels very last decade.

They could be busy if they were that interested in replying straight away it wouldn't make any difference on amount of messages they've received "

Of course they could be busy, but it’s pretty obvious when a conversation is going well and then you abruptly get left on unread… I’ve had plenty of times where I’ve been told my message has got lost among the crowd.

There’s a whole host of potential way to filter/store messages. This would be useful along with hotlist/friends/winked at etc.

Hopefully 2023 is a big year as promised and we get a full overhaul

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Favourite section could work? Instead of saving individual messages.

Why save a single message when you can just screenshot it..?

Link to conversation from their profile maybe an idea?

By *inkybutclassyMan  over a year ago

Leeds (Plus some travel)

Yes there’s definitely an issue where if a mailbox gets too many messages you get lost or just drop off the end as it only shows x number of messages.

Maybe a search facility to filter to specific people etc.

By *queakyclean69erCouple  over a year ago

Torquay / Fleet

Does anybody know why we use to be able to see all messages received but recently it’s now only up to a month ago?

So wait...some people are receiving such a high volume of messages that they can't possibly keep track of them??? Like thats actually happening to people? Just snowblind in a blizzard of inbox interest? Right...cool...so wtf am I doing wrong??

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

I'm surprised this hasn't it only app by now.

By *ot a hot wifeMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Yeah I'm finding this conversations I KNOW are going well get lost in a crowd...I mean if you have 20 ofd messages in an hour every day that quickly builds up I agree if you saw messages you had replied onto first...and maybe a separate box for new messages first time ones that might help.

Woah woah woah! Wait...just wait a goddam second...people on this site are recieving 20 messages...an hour...per day???

Like...really???

Honestly though?

Like I'm no fucking oil painting but...WT ACTUAL F?? I MEAN JEEZ...JEEZ LOUISE!!

I mean....

Seriously...?

Someone please give me some notes. Be brutal. But constructive.

But I have to be doing it wrong.

By *nSeeNMan  over a year ago

Z'ha'dum

"Seriously...?

Someone please give me some notes. Be brutal. But constructive.

But I have to be doing it wrong."

You need to grow your self some boobs

Dude I'm working on it!!! My saggy William Shatner style man tits get puffyer with every passing day.

Still...nothing!

By *astandFeistyCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

"I'm surprised this hasn't it only app by now. "

I doubt it would pass the app store terms due to the content.

By *uggestableWoman  over a year ago

Reading

"Woah woah woah! Wait...just wait a goddam second...people on this site are recieving 20 messages...an hour...per day???

Like...really???

Honestly though?

Like I'm no fucking oil painting but...WT ACTUAL F?? I MEAN JEEZ...JEEZ LOUISE!!"

I get that level of messaging frequently...

Like someone else said, grow boobs

By *ootprints1629Couple  over a year ago

somewhere in moray

To be fair the whole of the mobile app needs updating, it is just not following with the times at all lol.

By *difanMan  over a year ago

Gosport

I would like to reply to status updates because by the time you have to send them a PM it probably gets lost and obviously most women don’t respond which is very understandable if I little frustrating

By *p2norfolkngoodMan  over a year ago

Norwich

Trouble is this has been suggested time and time again over the years but you’ll get people saying fab doesn’t need changing as it works just fine as it is and most suggestions get shot down for this very reason

The other argument that gets used all the time is that what you pay if you choose to do so is a small amount compared to other hook up style apps

It would be great to have a roadmap from the site owners but all that happens is new stuff just magically appears at times

For years people were asking for videos and others saying it’ll be full of guys wanking but the video function seems to have been well received by most

» Add a new message to this topic