FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > Colour coded messages

Colour coded messages

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *reo Dream OP   Man  over a year ago

Berkshire

It would be good if messages where highlighted but in different colour codes or to flag messages or pin conversations to the top.

Green = in your friends list

Yellow = you have both winked each other

Flag = so you know to reply at some point so it doesn't get lost

Pinned messages = when people send you a message it always stays at the top so you can see it and not have to scroll to find it. ..

Spam - messages go straight in the spam folder if you have decided this person is not for you so if an annoying guy messages again it automatically goes in the spam/deleted message

May have been discussed already but would definitely help the ladies and couples organise their messages better when they get 100s to go through.

ODx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Colour code re friends and other seems a good idea but rest if people really get on it's easy to find the message and the block works so wouldn't need a spam folder

By *unmatt888Man  over a year ago

Marlborough

"Spam - messages go straight in the spam folder if you have decided this person is not for you so if an annoying guy messages again it automatically goes in the spam/deleted message

"

I like most of that, but not sure what the point of the spam folder would be. If someone’s annoying, just block them.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It would be good if messages where highlighted but in different colour codes or to flag messages or pin conversations to the top.

Green = in your friends list

Yellow = you have both winked each other

Flag = so you know to reply at some point so it doesn't get lost

Pinned messages = when people send you a message it always stays at the top so you can see it and not have to scroll to find it. ..

Spam - messages go straight in the spam folder if you have decided this person is not for you so if an annoying guy messages again it automatically goes in the spam/deleted message

May have been discussed already but would definitely help the ladies and couples organise their messages better when they get 100s to go through.

ODx"

I think there is a bit of a misconception that women and couples get 100's of messages.

If someone doesn't reply to a message, it generally means they are not interested at that time (or not at all).

Personally I don't think any of the above is necessary. Members have message filters to cut the messages down to specific age groups/genders and a block button at present.

A spam folder is certainly not needed.

Colour coding would not work for members who are colour blind either.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd love messages to be better organised and like the concept. I'd not use Spam, I'd just delete and block

Totally unknown, no prior contact

Prior contact, within current month

Prior contact, over a month ago

Would probably be how I'd split mine. Potentially users could pick how they'd like messages denoted, such as colours, shading etc.

I'd prefer to have several inbox folders, with their own list of messages, in the groupings I've listed above.

In the ideal fab world, there'd be a default and each user would organise their own inbox filtering, to meet their own needs

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"I'd love messages to be better organised and like the concept. I'd not use Spam, I'd just delete and block

Totally unknown, no prior contact

Prior contact, within current month

Prior contact, over a month ago

Would probably be how I'd split mine. Potentially users could pick how they'd like messages denoted, such as colours, shading etc.

I'd prefer to have several inbox folders, with their own list of messages, in the groupings I've listed above.

In the ideal fab world, there'd be a default and each user would organise their own inbox filtering, to meet their own needs "

I'd also like the option to denote specific users to be something like 'priority' or VIP, so they'd go to the top of an inbox list.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm mostly liking this idea though I agree with most others about there being no need for a spam folder as we all have the 'block' facility at our disposal.

If not colour separated, perhaps some form of sub folder system.

May I also chip in with a suggestion that there be a way to separate messages that come directly from forum threads too - as in from the 'reply privately' feature

» Add a new message to this topic