FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > Location settings

Location settings

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ucy Harris OP   TV/TS 37 weeks ago

Brighton

I’ve done all the recommended resets etc to allow my location to be updated but it still won’t update. I’m using an iPhone and Chrome, I have previously denied to update my location as I don’t always want to advertise where I am. Now it is only this site I have the problem on as one of the other fab sites there isn’t a problem. Is there a way to resolve this?

Thanks

Lucy.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ucka39Man 37 weeks ago

Newcastle

"I’ve done all the recommended resets etc to allow my location to be updated but it still won’t update. I’m using an iPhone and Chrome, I have previously denied to update my location as I don’t always want to advertise where I am. Now it is only this site I have the problem on as one of the other fab sites there isn’t a problem. Is there a way to resolve this?

Thanks

Lucy. "

Hi op

Click the 3 dots top right then when off the site scroll down to settings then scroll down to data stored click on the fab link/links and remove them. then come back to the site it'll promt you when you click on whose near accept. Remember to turn on location on the device also ad you can turn that off later

By *eessexboy30Man 37 weeks ago

grays

I’m having same problem. But struggling to follow what to do to fix. Using iOS and safari. Was working perfectly fine yesterday, Fabguys works fine…. Swingers today- nope! Makes no sense.

Instructions talk of settings icon and all sorts which doesn’t exist in this mob-web based site. Why can’t they release a native app

By *ucy Harris OP   TV/TS 37 weeks ago

Brighton

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately that didn’t help in the slightest, so I still have the same issue.

By *ightNWet69Woman 37 weeks ago

dark side of the moon

Have you tried turning your location off in your actual phone settings? This should stop your location being shared on all sites

By *ucka39Man 37 weeks ago

Newcastle

"Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately that didn’t help in the slightest, so I still have the same issue. "

Welcome

have you tried following the instructions on the who is near

By *ucy Harris OP   TV/TS 36 weeks ago

Brighton

Yes I did. There is obviously a setting stored somewhere on my phone that I’m missing but I can’t see it for Chrome as my location is never asked for now and says it can’t be detected.

By *ucka39Man 36 weeks ago

Newcastle

"Yes I did. There is obviously a setting stored somewhere on my phone that I’m missing but I can’t see it for Chrome as my location is never asked for now and says it can’t be detected. "

Ok

Try this

On your device look for apps and notification, in their look for the browser click it scroll down permission location

Brighton

Thanks but that didn’t help.

Thank you for your help though.

If I go to another fab site the location works so it is just this site, if I try Safari location updates so it is just Chrome on this site so there obviously is a setting somewhere I can’t find or clear that is causing the issue.

Brighton

Ok so deleting Chrome and reinstalling it has resolved the issue.

Thank you to everyone who took time to offer help and suggestions it’s greatly appreciated

Xx

By *ubey12Man 35 weeks ago

milton Keynes

Mk 13 Milton Keynes

By *icar73Man 35 weeks ago

near you check GPS location

"Ok so deleting Chrome and reinstalling it has resolved the issue.

Thank you to everyone who took time to offer help and suggestions it’s greatly appreciated

Was going to suggest a factory reset on your phone, it's a bit drastic,but you're sorted so all's good

Xx"

» Add a new message to this topic