FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > view on map

view on map

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *r55 OP   Man  over a year ago

southampton

Would be good if we could see who is near on map. I have a sports app that does this....hell i could go jogging and playing at the same time!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not sure about this. It could lead to harassment of some people

Not sure about this. It could lead to harassment of some people

[Removed by poster at 11/07/13 16:04:17]

hmm i think it could be good how ever you would need to have an op out button because if i was out with family or friends i wouldnt want people to know where i was but i get if you was on a night out or something it could be a good idea

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"if i was out with family or friends i wouldnt want people to know where i was"
Don't turn on "Who's Near"!

Who's near on mobile already exists. What I'm not comfy with is a stalker type being able to pin point the home location or outdoor of a user on a map.

It sounds good if was like grindr it would show what area ur in but doesn't exactly pin point your house location ect...

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"What I'm not comfy with is a stalker type being able to pin point the home location or outdoor of a user on a map."
I don't think there's any need to worry! Even if Admin were to provide a map, which seems unlikely due to licensing etc., they've stated that they won't make location data any more specific, so the map wouldn't show any more detail than 1-2 miles (I think that's the closest you get at present).

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

We'll not be showing a map. Who's near seems to work OK without needing to see exactly what street or house someone is in. This would freak 99% of people out, us included.

Admin x

"We'll not be showing a map. Who's near seems to work OK without needing to see exactly what street or house someone is in. This would freak 99% of people out, us included.

Admin x"

By *r55 OP   Man  over a year ago

southampton

Fair enough...i hadnt considered stalkers etc. Happy for see who is near to remain as is!

By *am8312Man  over a year ago

Brighton

Yes I love to see who is close by in the hope of meeting up - hasn't happened some far - on hols at the mo and wish it would lol

By *implybi72Man  over a year ago

Darlington

Some sites give you the option to share your location in a mesage with another user...that way its your choice to give this info and not available to everyone

"We'll not be showing a map. Who's near seems to work OK without needing to see exactly what street or house someone is in. This would freak 99% of people out, us included.

Admin x"

By *ungle-FeverCouple (FF)  over a year ago

Bristol/Gloucester

Admin x.. "

I have to 100% agree with this

By *restatynCplCouple  over a year ago

Rhyl

" ....they've stated that they won't make location data any more specific, so the map wouldn't show any more detail than 1-2 miles (I think that's the closest you get at present). "

Within half a mile, actually.

By *9MuppetMan  over a year ago

Bath ish area

The problem is that people log on and leave themselves logged on. Apps like that running one need to be switched on when you start your run and only send the location when it is on. At the end of the run, you stop it and switch it off. People do not do that with the Fab app.

Shame as I don't really think knowing that someone is within 1 mile of you is much use. People need to use it as a opportunity to see who is out on the town and looking rather than seeing who in their neighbour hood is on the site.

Do I use it - no as I don't think it is much use for actual meetings. It's just as easy to do a location search an dyou get more options in the search.

By *ach3Man  over a year ago

Watford

Whilst a map app would give a general idea as to which direction of the compass a person was located - if that interested you may as well message them!

What I think would be more useful is a filter as to what profiles yr interested in ie men, females, couples.

Given high proportion of men -most of those on my 'whose near' are other men - which are of no interest to me lol

"Whilst a map app would give a general idea as to which direction of the compass a person was located - if that interested you may as well message them!

What I think would be more useful is a filter as to what profiles yr interested in ie men, females, couples.

Given high proportion of men -most of those on my 'whose near' are other men - which are of no interest to me lol"

There already is one if your a gold or silver member

» Add a new message to this topic