FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > GPS location lag?

GPS location lag?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I sometimes change my losted location depending on where I end up travelling in the country. I do a bit of GPS-based searching while away to see what fun can be had locally (more often than not none though had some success recently).

Anyway, after changing my location (on my profile and physically) back to my home town I still get loads of views of my profile from the place I just left. Sometimes for days and weeks afterwards. Is there some strange lag in the GPS? Why would people in Derry in Ireland look at me when I was last there in early 2013?

(Not a moan, just curious)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Possible you've been hotlisted or had photos fab'd?

Contact us privately with a couple of usernames we can look into this more closely to check there's not a bug of some sort

Admin x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I am finding that when I seach who's near it comes up with people from nr region when I am im the hp region of the country please help

By *R-JRFMan  over a year ago

Lincoln & Cornwall

You need to change your location in "Edit my account" change your location there, then when you come to search who is near, it'll bring up all the listings on the area you are at that time!!! Hope it helps

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"You need to change your location in "Edit my account" change your location there, then when you come to search who is near, it'll bring up all the listings on the area you are at that time!!! Hope it helps"
Sorry to contradict you, but the Mobile "Who's near" function works on your GPS location, not your "home base" location.

"I sometimes change my losted location depending on where I end up travelling in the country. I do a bit of GPS-based searching while away to see what fun can be had locally (more often than not none though had some success recently).

Anyway, after changing my location (on my profile and physically) back to my home town I still get loads of views of my profile from the place I just left. Sometimes for days and weeks afterwards. Is there some strange lag in the GPS? Why would people in Derry in Ireland look at me when I was last there in early 2013?

(Not a moan, just curious)"

No, I get views the same when change location, think its from people hotlisting, or remembering profile and checking to see if im in area again

Not finding my location ??

"I sometimes change my losted location depending on where I end up travelling in the country. I do a bit of GPS-based searching while away to see what fun can be had locally (more often than not none though had some success recently).

(Not a moan, just curious)"

Ive experienced the same problem , Ive even had my fone return to a previous destination a couple of weeks after ive been in the same location for that time and not left that location .... Very eerie

"You need to change your location in "Edit my account" change your location there, then when you come to search who is near, it'll bring up all the listings on the area you are at that time!!! Hope it helpsSorry to contradict you, but the Mobile "Who's near" function works on your GPS location, not your "home base" location."

snogs rainman ... i intelligence

» Add a new message to this topic