FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > fabs & EE

fabs & EE

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aul DeUther-One OP   Man  over a year ago

Seaside Sussex

Apologies if there is already a thread running on this:

EE keep contrnt locking me out of fabs. 2weeks is their quote for how long it will take for a fix. - Most inconvenient. VPN software, a program called Opera have been mentioned to solve the problem.

What have Fabbers experience of this been? What get around do you use?

My phone is a Samsung GT-S7275R

Cheers Paul

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've been having the same problem. It's been driving me insane! I'm on an iPhone.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Happens to me on 2 other phones... Since the summer and not fixed yet.

This has been happening to me since may, I've made it my personal mission to moan like a bitch to them to sort it out. I've got an app called hotspot shield free ( sorry admin if that isn't allowed) it works quite well but I do get pop up ads which is annoying. I've got a Motorola something or other. Hope that helps xx

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I've been having the same problem. It's been driving me insane! I'm on an iPhone. "

on iphone if you go into settings... then safari... then clear the cookies and history.... turn phone off... then back on... and job done...

then when you have done that.... download the opera mini app.... and use that to do your fab browsing instead....

Same problem on iPhone since I joined fab

Tried everything

In the end I've changed my phone as contract is up

Been a problem with ee forever not that you can get them to admit it. It's down to the network forgetting who you are.

"I've been having the same problem. It's been driving me insane! I'm on an iPhone.

on iphone if you go into settings... then safari... then clear the cookies and history.... turn phone off... then back on... and job done...

then when you have done that.... download the opera mini app.... and use that to do your fab browsing instead.... "

Will give it a go, thank you.

This happens a lot with EE on my iPhone it's anything that had adult content it's annoying to say the least at times :|

Im with EE ...no Fb problems...so far lol, loads of other issues with EE though, cant wait to get out of contract with them.

"Im with EE ...no Fb problems...so far lol, loads of other issues with EE though, cant wait to get out of contract with them."

That should read no Fab probs lol

Ive just paid to get out of my contract had nothing but problems with them could,nt even get a signal on my phone at times and was told it was where i lived

By *aul DeUther-One OP   Man  over a year ago

Seaside Sussex

"Ive just paid to get out of my contract had nothing but problems with them could,nt even get a signal on my phone at times and was told it was where i lived"

hmm 'Everything Everywhere' should be changed to very little anywhere. Kevin Bacon tells us that they have the best network but I can't make a phone call from the Docklands.

Ee staff tell me that they will charge a fee to allow me to get away from them.

Sod EE!

I paid £100 to get out of the contract but it was worth it as im self employed and was missing work ive now gone back to 3

I had the same problem, if you have a smartphone get an app called "hola!" It cancels out the content lock.

Message me if it works if not I might have another idea lol xx

By *razedcatMan  over a year ago

London / Herts

Turning flight mode on and off again, if you have a phone with that feature, usually cures the problem. Pain the ass though, when the filter kicks in it even blocks tame stuff like 9gag!

By *ssexguy69Man  over a year ago

around and about thurrock

Happens to me all time so annoying .the amount of times iv phoned EE up and had a rant with em about it.

all they say it a technical fault

I tend to to turn phone off then restart it another pain but does work most times or as op said flight mode turn it on and off

By *ackspopCouple  over a year ago

Wymondham

Happens frequently to me (Nokia Windows os) phone. Have unlocked before using the credit card option but it usually clears using on old IT trick I learned years ago from a guru on the Himalayas. (OK, the 22nd floor of our office block).

Turn it off, wait a min or two then turn it back on again.

Also, EE are terrible for customer service. Might go with three next time

I dumped EE, bad service, broken promises and massive bills. get shot of ee

By *lttattoocoupleCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"Been a problem with ee forever not that you can get them to admit it. It's down to the network forgetting who you are."

They wouldn't forget if you didn't pay hehe

"Been a problem with ee forever not that you can get them to admit it. It's down to the network forgetting who you are.

They wouldn't forget if you didn't pay hehe"

i cancelled my dd with them a month ago and found out that they had reset it up and took money out of my account a couple of days ago

By *rsIdiotWoman  over a year ago

Bedworth

Ah the old content lock. I can he happily browsing fab and suddenly it pops up out of nowhere. I usually switch to flight mode and then back again which does the trick a lot of the time.

As for switching to 3.......I wouldn't use them if they were the only phone provider on the planet! The service is absolutely appalling from them. The call centre is based in India and the staff have a script that they must stick to. They will not budge from that script. If you are unhappy and ask to speak to a manager or supervisor they tell you there isn't one there at the moment but will call you. They won't! You will call back again and go through the whole process over and over. Still you will not have your problem solved.

When I eventually left three they wanted hundreds of pounds to terminate early. I told them they were welcome to pursue me through the courts but if they did I would also be pursuing them for failing to adhere to their own contract terms.

Download opera mini app and access it through that, works a dream after that

I have a Samsung note 2 on EE. Never come across this problem!

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

"Happens to me on 2 other phones... Since the summer and not fixed yet."

I usually find that restarting the phone sorts it out.

By *not69Man  over a year ago

Burnley

Had the same problem on EE since I first joined Fab 7 months ago. You need the Opera MINI browser, it has to be the mini version as the full opera version doesnt work.

Opera mini even bypasses my works staff wifi login and also allows me onto Fab that way too

So why does Opera mini work? Does it disguse the sites you access?

Burnley

"So why does Opera mini work? Does it disguse the sites you access?"

I really don't know. I disbelieved it when I was told about it but I was so pissed of with EE's contact block that one day I installed it purely out of desperation and it worked. I then tried the full opera browser and that got blocked like the rest but the mini version doesn't. I can only think that it uses a different port but that's getting too technical xx

"So why does Opera mini work? Does it disguse the sites you access?

I really don't know. I disbelieved it when I was told about it but I was so pissed of with EE's contact block that one day I installed it purely out of desperation and it worked. I then tried the full opera browser and that got blocked like the rest but the mini version doesn't. I can only think that it uses a different port but that's getting too technical xx"

Umm yeah ports mean nowt to me either.

I used to have issues with EE but haven't for ages. I use Opera Mini, must be that. Yay! x

I did have this problem very briefly because of the Content Block imposed for adult sites. The My EE app doesn't work so I rang them and they lifted the Content Block straight away and suggested that if I still had trouble getting on to any websites that Opera would be best web app to use as it has no content restrictions.

Burnley

"So why does Opera mini work? Does it disguse the sites you access?

I really don't know. I disbelieved it when I was told about it but I was so pissed of with EE's contact block that one day I installed it purely out of desperation and it worked. I then tried the full opera browser and that got blocked like the rest but the mini version doesn't. I can only think that it uses a different port but that's getting too technical xx

Umm yeah ports mean nowt to me either.

I used to have issues with EE but haven't for ages. I use Opera Mini, must be that. Yay! x"

yes that will be why. I used to use chrome then when EE blocked me if try opera mini and it would always let me on, then I'd go back to chrome and I was still blocked on that so ît does definitely work. I always use mini now for fab xx

EE used to lock me from adult websites you can download the ee account and unlock content lock or go into a store and ask them to remove it make sure you have id they have to see id to unlock it for you

By *eforfuncplCouple  over a year ago

Morecambe

"Apologies if there is already a thread running on this:

EE keep contrnt locking me out of fabs. 2weeks is their quote for how long it will take for a fix. - Most inconvenient. VPN software, a program called Opera have been mentioned to solve the problem.

Cheers Paul"

Hi Paul

This problem has been going on for months ! Sooooo annoying but as you quote opera, I've not had a problem using this

When my contracts up I'm straight back to 02 !! EE are shit !!

This happens to me to, i just turn airplane mode on and off and it sorts it out

Hi its a problem with EE 4g network so If you in settings turn off 4g this should solve the problem

"Apologies if there is already a thread running on this:

Cheers Paul"

Good luck on the 2 weeks thing it's been the last 2 years for me and still no further forward in fixing it. It's a complete joke xx

By *ex-a-frolicsCouple  over a year ago

Brizzle

IWe've had this problem for about 12 months it is better but has not been resolved. Yes Opera does work but didn't like it so reverted back to Safari on iPhone. Have made at least 50 calls regarding this, even sent emails to the big boss & head of customer services with no joy. We have however had 5gb of data each added free to our monthly allowance plus numerous refunds or money of our line rentals. We are now on such great deals now to get a comparable deal would probably cost me about £40 a month I pay £15, my wife pays about £8, yes content lock is damn annoying particularly if you've just tried to send a long message but it's defo worth complaining!! Incidentally it's obv not just Fab thats affected any over 18 site is, not all customers have problems but the biggest problem is with iPhone's. If you don't like Ooera, clear cookies etc, toggle on off flight mode, or switch your phone off usually resolves the problem & is a temporary fix. i expect more complaining & discounts to be added before EE resolve this lol!!

By *AM2214Man  over a year ago

Manchester Area

To those who have poor signal be aware all companies have a legal duty to inform you of the coverage you can expect. If you asked will I get coverage and they say yes and then you don't 'regularly' they are in breach of contract, you don't need to buy your way out, they need to compensate you for your losses and reimburse you the money you have wasted.

If you think signal is better on 3 than EE then be aware 3 don't have a network the use EE and Vodafone, Virgin and Tesco also use EE-so if you think about why there is an issue it's not the network is crap, it's the network is good and all the people who think they are on better networks are using EE--kick em off

Interesting post about the big boss--he does take every email to him very seriously his name is in many articles just Google CEO EE if I were guessing I'd say @ee.co.uk at the end of a name might work Oh and by the way I got an EE phone for the Lakes and it is shite! So I called and ranted and now don't pay until the signals are all back up and running in Jan! iphone users should insist on speaking to the IPhone team on the second floor NT, it might let them think you know your way around EE--just don't talk to the t-mobile stock

"Download opera mini app and access it through that, works a dream after that "

It's actually started blocking it on that now as well. EE advised me to down load opera mini I was also advised to download a VPN to bypass their network. Why don't they just fix the bloody problem been 2 years now for me x

By *omightMan  over a year ago

glasgow

I phoned them asked to take content lock off. Inside 24 hours it's was done not had a problem from then on

hope this helps

Went to ee last december and the fault reared its ugly head. Managed to get them to transfer me onto orange network (trust me theres a difference in the 2) im now only on 3g but no content lock issues

Yup I have had this problem on my iPhone 5 and still happens on the 6

It truly is a pain in the arse!!!!

Had this problem twice with my Galaxy 4. It kep changing my safeguard settings. To be fair when I phoned them both times it was sorted in an hour.

By *heCrowAndButterflyCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

Have had a read up on opera mini and from what I can tell its not the ports it uses that bypasses content filters, it's cached content from their servers so your mini browser is actually talking to operas servers not restricted content sites directly hence how content filters are bypassed

By *issBanterWoman  over a year ago

Chelmsford

I have had this problem since joining ee a year ago, but they recently sent me a text saying toggle to airplane mode then turn airplane mode off again an so far this has worked

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"I have had this problem since joining ee a year ago, but they recently sent me a text saying toggle to airplane mode then turn airplane mode off again an so far this has worked"

That doesn't always work for me, unfortunately.

I've had loads of problems with EE.

By *urycpl14Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Turn flight mode on then off works on my phone on EE although it seems block fab less and less now anyway

By *ohohoWoman  over a year ago

Up North

It just seems to be when I am using my phones internet. On wifi I never have any issues. Saves me having a sneaky look at work though.

I've not removed the lock from giffgaff because it wants passport details. Get round all blocks with tor for Android (orbot + orweb) you can configure other browsers to use it.

» Add a new message to this topic