FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > It's not an app

It's not an app

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It's not an app just a short cut

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

But it has an application interface for mobile users.

"But it has an application interface for mobile users. "
yeah but it just link's not an app

"But it has an application interface for mobile users. yeah but it just link's not an app"

Yes. And is it stopping you from using it? No? So quit the shit hawking

"But it has an application interface for mobile users. yeah but it just link's not an app

Yes. And is it stopping you from using it? No? So quit the shit hawking"

"It's not an app just a short cut "

Lucky get.

Can't remember when I last had a Eureka moment.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Aren't most apps just mobile interfaces to Web pages?

I don't see how this is a criticism

An app is what u download and install this is just a short cut to the webpage

Who cares? It works!

By *irtyAndCh33kyCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

It's free & it works

"An app is what u download and install this is just a short cut to the webpage"

Ah, so it's important to you that installation is available.

How would that help you?

In fairness the site does advertise it as Mobile App rather than Mobile friendly site.

An app would be handy as it would beep when you get a message. The mobile web version of the site isn't an app.

So why not simply change the text to stop people moaning or produce an app most sites do these days even badoo pof and virtual every website like this ones does.

Simply easy and free to all.

Surely your development team could of done by now. Put it in play store for 99p people would pay it if your didn't offer it for free as more site supporters would use it.

Historically on other Swing Sites that developed an APP after requests it was proven the APP was rarely if ever used.

Don't bother I'd say

In counter to that PoF has almost a 90% and AFF has over 60% exclusively App based log in.

How many here actually use the pc/mac to log in from or is it mainly via the browser on their phone/tablet?

Make it an app with decent functions as the PoF one is and watch the use rocket.

Thought I had missed the point of this post.....until I realised there really wasn't one!

I don't understand why people are being harsh to the OP for pointing out something that is true,

a proper app for this site would be really good

"Single" guys couldn't hide it on their phones...

It works well as mobile friendly on your incognito mode enabled browser of choice

If I ever got a message, my settings are such that i'd get an email "notification " which would arrive on my blackberry....

Plus, I imagine that more popular genders would prefer to switch off the notifications from an app rather than walk around with a beep from their pocket every 10 seconds....

I know that neither "side" of this discussion is ever going to persuade the other, but I can't see what an "app" would deliver that the mobile site can't.

"If I ever got a message, my settings are such that i'd get an email "notification " which would arrive on my blackberry....

Plus, I imagine that more popular genders would prefer to switch off the notifications from an app rather than walk around with a beep from their pocket every 10 seconds....

I know that neither "side" of this discussion is ever going to persuade the other, but I can't see what an "app" would deliver that the mobile site can't."

You get messages every 10 seconds...??

Read the start of that paragraph again!

A beep every 10 seconds if it was an App.....do guys get that much interest.....obviously I'm doing something wrong

"A beep every 10 seconds if it was an App.....do guys get that much interest.....obviously I'm doing something wrong"

Yes, you're not reading the whole paragraph that contains the words "10 seconds".

By *lttattoocoupleCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Well use the pof app then

Does any one actually care?

Could someone please tell me what PoF is please ?

By *buse my girlfriendCouple  over a year ago

Derby

"Could someone please tell me what PoF is please ?"

plenty of fish

"Could someone please tell me what PoF is please ?

plenty of fish"

Cheers muchly

Derby

"Could someone please tell me what PoF is please ?

plenty of fish

Cheers muchly "

many welc.

"Historically on other Swing Sites that developed an APP after requests it was proven the APP was rarely if ever used.

Don't bother I'd say "

Where's proof for this, with mobile and tablet technology nowadays and more and more people using mobiles/tablets instead of laptops and PCs I think an app would get used quite a fair bit personally.

The problem is not the App or developing it, the issue lies with Apple, Android etc, whilst the latter may be a little more accepting Apple will strongly deny adult apps of this nature.

Therefore what Fab has done is a work around which personally i think works very well.

Moaning that its not a " real " app is just pointless especially when you dont understand the dynamics and legalities of what goes on behind the scenes of app development.

Derby

"The problem is not the App or developing it, the issue lies with Apple, Android etc, whilst the latter may be a little more accepting Apple will strongly deny adult apps of this nature.

Therefore what Fab has done is a work around which personally i think works very well.

Moaning that its not a " real " app is just pointless especially when you dont understand the dynamics and legalities of what goes on behind the scenes of app development. "

The national lottery has an unofficial app because of gambling policy you just have to download the apk and adjust security settings to allow unsigned apps to be installed, the same is true for Apple I believe, I wrote a desktop app based on the mobile site a couple of years ago but the site owners weren't interested in allowing other users to use it even though I said they could have the source files and compile it themselves if they were worried about security etc, because of the lack of interest for the desktop version I never bothered with a true mobile app.

But it is a web app. Which is how they describe it.

Little bit of topic, but where do I find this "App"?

It seems, I've been away for way too long...

"The problem is not the App or developing it, the issue lies with Apple, Android etc, whilst the latter may be a little more accepting Apple will strongly deny adult apps of this nature.

Moaning that its not a " real " app is just pointless especially when you dont understand the dynamics and legalities of what goes on behind the scenes of app development. "

Adult Friend Finder, Tinder, etc all have Apple apps available in the AppStore.

Even the threesome version of Tinder is in there so not really a valid argument.

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

These days there is just no need for a mobile version of a website, most website are now responsive, that is they change the layout relative to certain devices/screen size. There are many advantages to this including using the same URL for phone, tablet, laptop or desktop also Google has started to rate website higher who use this technique. The BBC website and many others have now started you use responsive website design on their sites, try it, open the website and make your browser window smaller and you will see how it changes across different browser sizes. Generally APPS are seen as device dependant applications, so app can run on different devices but they must downloaded to the correct device to work. But these days websites can also be web applications, but they will run on all devices using web browsers!

By *4nc3rCouple  over a year ago

Clacton-On-Sea, Essex

"These days there is just no need for a mobile version of a website, most website are now responsive, that is they change the layout relative to certain devices/screen size. There are many advantages to this including using the same URL for phone, tablet, laptop or desktop also Google has started to rate website higher who use this technique. The BBC website and many others have now started you use responsive website design on their sites, try it, open the website and make your browser window smaller and you will see how it changes across different browser sizes. Generally APPS are seen as device dependant applications, so app can run on different devices but they must downloaded to the correct device to work. But these days websites can also be web applications, but they will run on all devices using web browsers!

"

But your browser doesn't send you customisable push notifications

Personally I think this web interface/app needs a complete overhaul - it looks plain and boring and appears to be from the 90s still...,

By *ill4cherMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"The BBC website and many others have now started you use responsive website design on their sites, try it, open the website and make your browser window smaller and you will see how it changes across different browser sizes. "

Not on my desktop firefox it doesn't. Reducing the window size just clips the content???

Cheshire and London

"The BBC website and many others have now started you use responsive website design on their sites, try it, open the website and make your browser window smaller and you will see how it changes across different browser sizes.

Not on my desktop firefox it doesn't. Reducing the window size just clips the content???"

As you go smaller the content will move so it should show all the content across that window size, as you move to specific window sizes the format may change i.e...the menus, the order of the content etc...works on mine, oh I do mean the bbd news website not the bbc website, they haven't done that yet

Cheshire and London

"These days there is just no need for a mobile version of a website, most website are now responsive, that is they change the layout relative to certain devices/screen size. There are many advantages to this including using the same URL for phone, tablet, laptop or desktop also Google has started to rate website higher who use this technique. The BBC website and many others have now started you use responsive website design on their sites, try it, open the website and make your browser window smaller and you will see how it changes across different browser sizes. Generally APPS are seen as device dependant applications, so app can run on different devices but they must downloaded to the correct device to work. But these days websites can also be web applications, but they will run on all devices using web browsers!

But your browser doesn't send you customisable push notifications

Personally I think this web interface/app needs a complete overhaul - it looks plain and boring and appears to be from the 90s still...,"

Push notification are possible with ASP.NET web applications using web api or SignalR, other web languages also have this option, much like the push notifications received when you get messages in Facebook in your browser. with the latest incarnation of asp.net they are pushing for web applications to appear more like application and less like website, google mail uses this type of approach. making a real app for a swingers site would be difficult, you would need to develop for all types of devices and Apple etc wouldn't allow you to have it in the app store as anything with adult content is barred!

I agree that the main fab website does need a face lift, when I do some web development I tend to use paid professional templates, they don't cost much and I don't have to worry about becoming an interface designer I can get on with the asp.net development, using this method you can also give you users the choice of designs or colour, that they prefer!

» Add a new message to this topic