FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > Regional area profile seperator

Regional area profile seperator

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ojos party boy OP   Man  over a year ago

Merseyside

Hi everyone, i've thought that the current system of who's near/distance from/ search radius of X miles could be changed.

I think that most couples stay close to home, many do travel away so as to keep personal life private. I'm

Not saying this is typical! Just from what i've gathered from talking to people.

I think that if we were able to either add to our profile or search options, a regional profile category, eg. For me i could either state myself in the NW region or my current location eg.city.

Sort of how the chat categories work.

This i believe could make searching for suitable profiles easier, as searching 20-30 miles from my city brings up wales and say 50 miles, the northeast.

Being able to state your region or searching within your region could help make things easier,I Believe whoever does the actual work on the site could derive this from the irst letters of your postcode all profiles must give.

Also sorting the postcodes wouldnt be difficult, as the postal service and many major companies use a method similar which is widely known.

The downsides to this i could forsee are those who live close to regional borders, those who travel frequently and those ho wish to travel long distances, which is why a search option addition would be easier and less detrimental to those users, no need to scrap the current search idea, just build upon

Hope to hear any input or criticisms anyone has

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irty Girty From No 30Woman  over a year ago

Burbage

"Hi everyone, i've thought that the current system of who's near/distance from/ search radius of X miles could be changed.

I think that most couples stay close to home, many do travel away so as to keep personal life private. I'm

Not saying this is typical! Just from what i've gathered from talking to people.

I think that if we were able to either add to our profile or search options, a regional profile category, eg. For me i could either state myself in the NW region or my current location eg.city.

Sort of how the chat categories work.

This i believe could make searching for suitable profiles easier, as searching 20-30 miles from my city brings up wales and say 50 miles, the northeast.

Being able to state your region or searching within your region could help make things easier,I Believe whoever does the actual work on the site could derive this from the irst letters of your postcode all profiles must give.

Also sorting the postcodes wouldnt be difficult, as the postal service and many major companies use a method similar which is widely known.

The downsides to this i could forsee are those who live close to regional borders, those who travel frequently and those ho wish to travel long distances, which is why a search option addition would be easier and less detrimental to those users, no need to scrap the current search idea, just build upon

Hope to hear any input or criticisms anyone has "

Thought could already do this by setting your own location to wherever you want to search areas for

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

So reduce your search area to 10 miles

» Add a new message to this topic