FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > Unable to detect current location?

Unable to detect current location?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi, I'm still having the same problem. Using a Sony Xperia M2 and Location is set to ON, followed instructions on how to fix, also refreshed but still getting the message below:

Your phone couldn't tell us your current location. It might be that you've not given it permission to. See this page for more details on how to fix.

We've been unable to detect your current location, so we're unable to show you who is nearby.

Any suggestions?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

I'm guessing that's an Android phone?

If so, you should be able to use something like GPS Essentials to see if your phone is really getting a GPS Location. I've found that looking at e.g. Google Maps isn't reliable, it's got a tendency to guess where you are, based on where you were recently.

Once you really have a GPS location, you'll need to check that you've given your browser permission to pass your location on to Fab. How you do that will be browser specific.

By *oxyvixen99Woman  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

The only way I could get it to work was using chrome browser

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

There should be permission settings in any browser.

The trouble is, when people join the site, they'll be frightened to let Fab know where they are, then, later, when they want to use Who's Near, they can't figure out why it won't work

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Tried using Fab on my Nokia phone. Only just had this message come up in the last half hour, any solutions?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If thete a way to sort this pls on a Samsung 6 edge

By *ap AdgeMan  over a year ago

Chester

I had this problem Friday the couple wanted to.my location even though I was parked in.their Road.

As they count see me they slagged

Me off. BlackBerry ten phone

By *ap AdgeMan  over a year ago

Chester

Could not see my profile

By *ficouldMan  over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

"Hi, I'm still having the same problem. Using a Sony Xperia M2 and Location is set to ON, followed instructions on how to fix, also refreshed but still getting the message below:

Your phone couldn't tell us your current location. It might be that you've not given it permission to. See this page for more details on how to fix.

We've been unable to detect your current location, so we're unable to show you who is nearby.

Any suggestions? "

Swipe down from the top of your screen,, hopefully you have a location icon like a tear drop, select it.

If not within your settings.

Turn the phone off and back on again after.. It does sometimes kick change into place.

By *ussgbrMan  over a year ago

Burton

I have noticed using an 'in private' browser doesn't give an accurate location, but chrome etc does.

By *ob the builder2010Man  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"The only way I could get it to work was using chrome browser"
sorry to sound rude but you have a lovely arse there

[Removed by poster at 05/05/17 23:59:02]

"Hi, I'm still having the same problem. Using a Sony Xperia M2 and Location is set to ON, followed instructions on how to fix, also refreshed but still getting the message below:

Any suggestions? "

UPDATE:

Thank you all. Resolved by going to Chrome, settings, site settings, blocked/allowed list. Hope this helps.

[Removed by poster at 06/05/17 00:42:51]

» Add a new message to this topic