FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > Connection Issues when Mobile

Connection Issues when Mobile

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have started to get issues connecting when I try to use the mobile app. Working ok when connected wifi but when I go onto mobile internet I get a message saying the connection is insecure and that the sites security certificate is not trusted by operating system (android). Thought it may be a browser issue so tried it on chrome and firefox and getting same issue on both. Can anyone help?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It’s because your mobile provider (O2, Vodafone etc) apply what is known as Content Control.

This will block access to anything related to gambling, adult etc. hence why you are ok on some WiFi.

You can request for the content block to be removed.

Note also that some public WiFi hotspots also block access. There is nothing you can do about this apart from switching to your 3g/4g data (if content control has been removed)

Hope that helps

If we view adult sites with our current provider on our mobile phone, everything is fine. Not so when we were with O2.

I don't believe this is an issue with my mobile provider (vodafone) as previously, when there has been an adult content bar on my phone then that is the message I have received. I can access other sites when mobile just not this one. The warning I receive is a google privacy warning saying this site is not secure. I thought it might have been google so I tried firefox but that comes up with the same warning about site security certificate being invalid so the site is not trustworthy. This issue is only with Fab. Site admins please advise. If I am unable to use the site when mobile then it severely impacts on my ability to meet and I may as well just cancel my subscription.

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

Content filters do sometimes mess up https sites. Check the details on the certificate to get an idea and compare to a device where siteis working

"I don't believe this is an issue with my mobile provider (vodafone) as previously, when there has been an adult content bar on my phone then that is the message I have received. I can access other sites when mobile just not this one. The warning I receive is a google privacy warning saying this site is not secure. I thought it might have been google so I tried firefox but that comes up with the same warning about site security certificate being invalid so the site is not trustworthy. This issue is only with Fab. Site admins please advise. If I am unable to use the site when mobile then it severely impacts on my ability to meet and I may as well just cancel my subscription."

I'm on ee and I've recently had that exact problem just with fab, so it more than likely is your network. Just ring your network provider and have your content block taken off.

I have had my account checked and there is no content block on, I can access all adult content with the exception of this site

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

It has to be your provider or wifi wouldn't work. Maybe try a vpn.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"It has to be your provider or wifi wouldn't work. Maybe try a vpn."

Try your sim in another mobile handset ! If it still fails, you've 100% pinpointed it to your mobile network.

I've had them insist it's all correct before but it's then been demonstrated that it's the network.

They could add the block and then remove it, for example, as a potential remedy.

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

"I don't believe this is an issue with my mobile provider (vodafone) as previously, when there has been an adult content bar on my phone then that is the message I have received. I can access other sites when mobile just not this one. The warning I receive is a google privacy warning saying this site is not secure. I thought it might have been google so I tried firefox but that comes up with the same warning about site security certificate being invalid so the site is not trustworthy. This issue is only with Fab. Site admins please advise. If I am unable to use the site when mobile then it severely impacts on my ability to meet and I may as well just cancel my subscription.

I'm on ee and I've recently had that exact problem just with fab, so it more than likely is your network. Just ring your network provider and have your content block taken off. "

Also on EE here & all had been working well ... until today. Suddenly can't access fab or adult content videos etc (well, had to see if it was just fab ) Will have to call them tomorrow. Been with orange & EE for close to 20 yrs so no idea why the block has suddenly come in.

"I have had my account checked and there is no content block on, I can access all adult content with the exception of this site

"

I have exactly the same issue but only since I got a new I phone last week it was fine before

Contacted voda and they removed all blocks but still the same

Durham

"I don't believe this is an issue with my mobile provider (vodafone) as previously, when there has been an adult content bar on my phone then that is the message I have received. I can access other sites when mobile just not this one. The warning I receive is a google privacy warning saying this site is not secure. I thought it might have been google so I tried firefox but that comes up with the same warning about site security certificate being invalid so the site is not trustworthy. This issue is only with Fab. Site admins please advise. If I am unable to use the site when mobile then it severely impacts on my ability to meet and I may as well just cancel my subscription.

I'm on ee and I've recently had that exact problem just with fab, so it more than likely is your network. Just ring your network provider and have your content block taken off.

Also on EE here & all had been working well ... until today. Suddenly can't access fab or adult content videos etc (well, had to see if it was just fab ) Will have to call them tomorrow. Been with orange & EE for close to 20 yrs so no idea why the block has suddenly come in. "

It's was in one David Cameron's manifesto commitments at one of the elections. No one seemed bothered about it at the time. All service providers have to enable adult blocks by default.

"I have had my account checked and there is no content block on, I can access all adult content with the exception of this site

I have exactly the same issue but only since I got a new I phone last week it was fine before

Contacted voda and they removed all blocks but still the same "

I had same problem last week rung provider (Vodafone) they said was apple issue, they said was provider. In the end Vodafone have released a net watcher called secure net It’s this that is the problem, ask them to switch it off, they will also reset your content block at same time, mine been great ever since

By *ternal OptimistMan  over a year ago

London

I have ee and vodaphone contracts, both have stopped working with fab

We have the same problem also, only this site

I’ve got same problem since installing latest IOS update

"I’ve got same problem since installing latest IOS update "

And now I get a message off Fab saying it’s a provider problem that I can’t reply to!

I’ve had the issues with blocked content, but this is different, any other 18+ sites are still accessible

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I get this so I switch off the WiFi when I see it then it goes to 4g and works

[Removed by poster at 28/11/17 10:13:15]

"I get this so I switch off the WiFi when I see it then it goes to 4g and works"

Ours is the other way round, works on Wi-fi but not on 4g lol

Durham

Broadband also have adult and general site blockers. I know sky broadband just switched it on one day no warning or anything. So just had to switch sky shield off.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Broadband also have adult and general site blockers. I know sky broadband just switched it on one day no warning or anything. So just had to switch sky shield off."
yes I had this too

By *cissorhands124Couple  over a year ago

Rochdale

Same here, tried vpn, same again with this site and other adult sites, what do we need to do?

By *ina VonteeseTV/TS  over a year ago

Leicester

Same with virgin now ! WiFi ok on home network .

mobile 4G connect error

External WiFi connection error.

Spoil sports . ??

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Same here, tried vpn, same again with this site and other adult sites, what do we need to do? "

Call your mobile network and age verify your phone

Admin

By *3xyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

swingers town

"Same here, tried vpn, same again with this site and other adult sites, what do we need to do?

Admin "

Any update on this as get the same ?

"Same here, tried vpn, same again with this site and other adult sites, what do we need to do?

Admin

Any update on this as get the same ?"

There is also inconsistences with the mobile networks though, I definitely have the blocks turned off yet occasionally get blocked from accessing adult sites, then it's as if once the phone connects to another tower it's all ok

I'm having the same issue. Had my content blocker switched off but still getting the same message come up. Its only happening on fab.

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

From Admin on another thread

"If you go to:

http://www.fabswingers.com/nossl

It’s a special new page which loads over plain unsecured http and you will see whatever message your internet provider is attempting to show"

» Add a new message to this topic