FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > 4g/mobile data access problems

4g/mobile data access problems

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *j_mark OP   Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

(Updated Jan 2018)

If you are suddenly unable to access the site on 4g mobile data and/or receive a message such as "insecure connection" or "invalid certificate" or "timeout" or similar, you have been blocked from accessing "adult" sites by your mobile network or internet provider.

Some mobile networks have started applying adult blocks to mobile accounts that have been fine for years.

You need to contact your mobile network to age-verify your phone or remove the block on adult content. Details below

It can take up to 10 minutes for an block to be removed on your phone by your network, and they may ask you to turn off your phone and turn it on for the new settings to apply.

o2

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/age-restricted-content-and-age-verification

or in store with a valid form of id

Vodafone

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Content-control-settings/38914008

or call 191 from vodafone phone

It may be that Vodafone have applied "Vodafone Secure Net" to your mobile. This also blocks adult content. Check with Vodafone if you are experiencing problems

EE/Orange or T-Mobile

http://ee.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/security/content-lock-and-orange-safeguard

Admin

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Happen to me couple days ago couldn’t get on Fab

Got hold of Vodaphone and they took it off ,

It’s fine now

You can also download a app called Opera Mini Browser from the app store. Will load up adult content with or without content control on your phone.

By *iffler 2019Woman  over a year ago

Saltash aka Fraggle Rock

"You can also download a app called Opera Mini Browser from the app store. Will load up adult content with or without content control on your phone."

I done this and it works fine now

Just to point something out about EE, if you ring 150 and choose to speak an advisor you don't need a credit card, they just asked me for my details and a reassurance that I won't allowed minors to use my phone and my content block was removed.

By *hick777Man  over a year ago

Westhill

I use a VPN app, works perfectly

By *un lover 01Man  over a year ago

Burton-On-Trent

I have same problem i visited Vodafone store tell about problem they said everything is fine but not i got still same problem

By *av2049Man  over a year ago

leicestershire

down load puffin app and all

will be fine and you can even use cams

By *ollymollWoman  over a year ago

Stockport

By *hrobinhoodMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

I've had this a few times with virgin, it blocks for no reason then it tends to work a few hours later so I put it down to a glitch on the phone servers. if that don't work then its best to clear your phone cache and do a phone restart.

"(Updated Jan 2018)

If you are suddenly unable to access the site on 4g mobile data and/or receive a message such as "insecure connection" or "invalid certificate" or "timeout" or similar, you have been blocked from accessing "adult" sites by your mobile network or internet provider.

Some mobile networks have started applying adult blocks to mobile accounts that have been fine for years.

You need to contact your mobile network to age-verify your phone or remove the block on adult content. Details below

It can take up to 10 minutes for an block to be removed on your phone by your network, and they may ask you to turn off your phone and turn it on for the new settings to apply.

o2

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/age-restricted-content-and-age-verification

Vodafone

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Content-control-settings/38914008

It may be that Vodafone have applied "Vodafone Secure Net" to your mobile. This also blocks adult content. Check with Vodafone if you are experiencing problems

EE/Orange or T-Mobile

http://ee.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/security/content-lock-and-orange-safeguard

Admin"

Will this also work for 3 network trying to say I'm 21 on there site just a headache..

There is an App called OpenDoor on iOS you can user

Open door works on O2

For android the solution is a follows.

Goto connection settings and look for VPN. Create a new VPN with the following data

PPTP Hostname: UKIPVPN.COM PPTP Username: ukipvpn.com PPTP Password: freevpn

Save the new VPN. Now click connect. Wait till its says connected the goto your web browser.

Click home and choose the accept button on the screen. Wait a moment then click home again to be taken to your homescreen on browser as normal. Enjoy fab on mobile data

I had this suddenly with Vodafone this week, chatted to someone there Online, filters removed and all sorted now.

By *r n1ceguyMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

I'm totally baffled here ... I can access any 18+/adult material on my Samsung 4g with Virgin, but when I had texted for code it charged me £15 (3 × £5) on that one day and no code came through... I just don't think texting from any network is advisable?!?!?!?

Anyone else had problems with charges???????

Mr N1ceguy

By *queekyCheesyCouple  over a year ago

newark

Or in my case (EE).

App - tick box - done

How do u block face pic out when u put on fabs

Couldn't work out what had happened the other day as we had been on the site on a few hours earlier. Managed to have the restrictions lifted from Vodafone..

Y can't I send any messages

What about giffgaff network?

how to send pm on chat room

"I'm totally baffled here ... I can access any 18+/adult material on my Samsung 4g with Virgin, but when I had texted for code it charged me £15 (3 × £5) on that one day and no code came through... I just don't think texting from any network is advisable?!?!?!?

Anyone else had problems with charges???????

Mr N1ceguy "

I'm on EE and have no problem updating my site support by text and it only charges me 1 x £5 so I'd query it with them if I was you.

As for adult content block,it happened to me once so I just rang them up and they took the adult content block off straight away for me without any problems.

Hope this helps

By *VBethTV/TS  over a year ago

Warminster

"What about giffgaff network?"

Open the giffgaff app or site. Log in. Choose "My Account". In the settings is "Allow adult content" which will have the word on or off next to it.

If you click to turn it on, you can use your passport or driving licence number to do it automatically. Otherwise you'll need to speak to an agent.

By *r 007Man  over a year ago

harrogate

"(Updated Jan 2018)

o2

Vodafone

EE/Orange or T-Mobile

Admin"

By *ien2Man  over a year ago

bristol

Mines been unblocked but still can't get on it when I'm not on my wifi strange I'm with 02

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Mines been unblocked but still can't get on it when I'm not on my wifi strange I'm with 02"

Have you restarted your phone?

I'm on sky mobile can access fab guys no problem but not fabswingers

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"I'm on sky mobile can access fab guys no problem but not fabswingers"
same as everyone else you have a content block enabled.

[Removed by poster at 24/01/18 06:53:56]

"Mines been unblocked but still can't get on it when I'm not on my wifi strange I'm with 02"

Same here

Haha love all the apps that hide their history from their wives while they are cheating lol

Happened to slot all I do is close it all down and open the app again and it works

By *ames44Man  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

I'm on TalkTalk and for the last month they've been telling me that they are trying to take the adult bar off - but "their tool" is broken.

Has anyone else had any issues with Talktalk?

» Add a new message to this topic