FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > See who's near improvement

See who's near improvement

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tockton Gent OP   Man  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

I've noticed on Fabswingers that the nearest distance shown in "Who is nearby" is "Within quarter mile".

I would like to think the accuracy could be improved. On Fabguys, which seems to use exactly the same website style, the proximity is a lot more accurate and shows "4 minutes walk", "2 minutes walk", "Touching distance".

Please can we have the same on Fabswingers?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Why?

The thought of someone hanging round, trying to figure out who we are because they see we are nearby is kinda freaky, which is why we don't use that facility.

Much prefer to get to know people by swapping messages, or meeting and chatting at a club, social or party. If we want to know where someone is, we look at the location in their profile.

By *onny1208Couple  over a year ago

Huddersfield

why...

because being in a bar and knowing that someone else in there is looking for the same is so very exciting. We recently experienced this in tenerife and the girls ended up meeting in the toilet. A fantastic meet and a great laugh.

By *alacious_SymposiumMan  over a year ago

North of Harrogate

"why...

because being in a bar and knowing that someone else in there is looking for the same is so very exciting. We recently experienced this in tenerife and the girls ended up meeting in the toilet. A fantastic meet and a great laugh. "

It’s great for a bar scenario, but it’s less cool when you are in the privacy of your own home! There are one or two really weird people on here unfortunately who might seek to exploit such a feature.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Then couldn't you just disable it when you don't want it used?

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"why...

because being in a bar and knowing that someone else in there is looking for the same is so very exciting. We recently experienced this in tenerife and the girls ended up meeting in the toilet. A fantastic meet and a great laugh.

It’s great for a bar scenario, but it’s less cool when you are in the privacy of your own home! There are one or two really weird people on here unfortunately who might seek to exploit such a feature."

"..one or two really weird people..."

I'd say you are wide of the mark there by a couple of thousand easy lol!

By *oloandsaabWoman  over a year ago

Essex

"Then couldn't you just disable it when you don't want it used?"

I like this feature so I don't want to disable it but I think quarter of a mile is adequate I don't want to know who's within touching distance of me that would lead to unwanted attention in public I think

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I had a builder working in my home. He managed to steer the conversation round to swinging clubs which I thought odd and then I realised he must have been on Fab in my house looked at who's on nearby !

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Some people have been stalked, others live in very remote areas with few residents, so keeping distance a little vague has improved safety.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

It would be good to have a range of distances that you could opt in. So for example if you don't want to know or be found by anybody within 5 miles you can't use that as your radius, but when you're in a club you could choose a for example 100 m

By *atience178Couple  over a year ago

Dublin

"why...

It’s great for a bar scenario, but it’s less cool when you are in the privacy of your own home! There are one or two really weird people on here unfortunately who might seek to exploit such a feature."

This

By *rkeb3Man  over a year ago

east Lancashire road

hello no quarter of a mile is enough

u must be one of the creepy once who like to stalk n perv around

why would you want know where some one lives or where they sitting that's what u asking

this isn't grinder is it

"It would be good to have a range of distances that you could opt in. So for example if you don't want to know or be found by anybody within 5 miles you can't use that as your radius, but when you're in a club you could choose a for example 100 m"

By *ids_NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands

Agree options , opt out as an easy button on page, an option that says will never show within quarter of a mile, an option that will give the closest technical distance. That way depending on when using the app, it easy to switch, so at home, it never a quarter of a mile, out on town when you might be happy to bump into fellow fabbers it can be closer but equally need to improve the other filters, so you can equally limit those when out you don’t want to realise you in same bar.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I've noticed on Fabswingers that the nearest distance shown in "Who is nearby" is "Within quarter mile".

I would like to think the accuracy could be improved. On Fabguys, which seems to use exactly the same website style, the proximity is a lot more accurate and shows "4 minutes walk", "2 minutes walk", "Touching distance".

Please can we have the same on Fabswingers? "

OMG no. I'd hate to be out and be approached by random people off here I've never even spoken to. It's happened before in really public places and I've had loads of creepy, stalkerish messages stating when and where they've seen me. It would only cause people distress.

By *ids_NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands

"I've noticed on Fabswingers that the nearest distance shown in "Who is nearby" is "Within quarter mile".

Please can we have the same on Fabswingers?

OMG no. I'd hate to be out and be approached by random people off here I've never even spoken to. It's happened before in really public places and I've had loads of creepy, stalkerish messages stating when and where they've seen me. It would only cause people distress. "

Hence make it configurable - so people who want to can and those that don’t. People who go dogging or to clubs - or other stuff might want it switched on for that - remember it would work both ways, it might be used so people could equally avoid someone!

"I had a builder working in my home. He managed to steer the conversation round to swinging clubs which I thought odd and then I realised he must have been on Fab in my house looked at who's on nearby !"

Is that how you ended up with your spirit level and hi vis photo?!

» Add a new message to this topic