FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > Apple and android app

Apple and android app

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andm93 OP   Couple  over a year ago

st davids

I think fab should create a actual app for your phone,

We’re youd get alerts instead of emails for mails and winks and fabs just a thought

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ookingforfun9970Man  over a year ago

sp9

I agree

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There is a app ..look at the bottom of the home page..it's says mobile app.. click on that

"There is a app ..look at the bottom of the home page..it's says mobile app.. click on that "

That just creates a shortcut to the browser. It's not an app.

[Removed by poster at 27/09/18 06:25:27]

"There is a app ..look at the bottom of the home page..it's says mobile app.. click on that

That just creates a shortcut to the browser. It's not an app. "

It's called mobile app .it is different to the PC desktop version..it more compact with bigger navigation icons.. it's the M version inside the browser

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

If there's a standalone app, it means a number of things -

Money needed for investment and maintenance

Approvals from the app stores

Potentially attracting people here on a whim who may not be the target audience - so there could be a high turnover of new users etc

Many of these have a downside - money for investment is limited, so the rest of fab would get less, maybe delaying other new features or bug fixes etc

The current mobile system is pretty good imo

"If there's a standalone app, it means a number of things -

Potentially attracting people here on a whim who may not be the target audience - so there could be a high turnover of new users etc

Many of these have a downside - money for investment is limited, so the rest of fab would get less, maybe delaying other new features or bug fixes etc

The current mobile system is pretty good imo"

By *lassycoupleNWCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Yeah agree with the above

By *nglishdoodMan  over a year ago

Morristown

There's also the issue of nudity and the adult theme. I don't know about the Google Play store but Apple would never allow it.

By *uncouple2425Couple  over a year ago

doncaster

"There's also the issue of nudity and the adult theme. I don't know about the Google Play store but Apple would never allow it. "

SDC have an app in the App Store as do gaydar and probably many more. No different to fab, so wouldn’t be an issue.

While I agree that the mobile version is better than desktop when on phones, the additional functionality of a proper app would be great!

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"

While I agree that the mobile version is better than desktop when on phones, the additional functionality of a proper app would be great!"

What additional functionality? What can be done in an "app" that can't be done on the mobile website?

By *xtrafun4youMan  over a year ago

Dunstable

"There is a app ..look at the bottom of the home page..it's says mobile app.. click on that

That just creates a shortcut to the browser. It's not an app.

It's called mobile app .it is different to the PC desktop version..it more compact with bigger navigation icons.. it's the M version inside the browser "

But not a app !

By *xtrafun4youMan  over a year ago

Dunstable

Lol they boast 28,000 on line. If 50% subscribe to the lowest tariff. That’s £35,000 a month. What you recon that’s enough. Go figure the owners are sitting on a yacht not giving a fook

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The current mobile system is pretty good imo

Lol they boast 28,000 on line. If 50% subscribe to the lowest tariff. That’s £35,000 a month. What you recon that’s enough. Go figure the owners are sitting on a yacht not giving a fook "

It's the site owners' decisions on which direction Fab moves in - so if we assume, based on whatever the site income is, that there's a fixed budget for maintenance and site upgrades, a mobile app would just eat into that money. Wild speculation on site income is probably very far from the mark - a minority of users are site supporters, as far as I'm aware. They have invested into the site and we're all free to use it, if we wish to: but their investment and returns were their decision and rightly they are due Fab being a success for us all and especially for them, as it's such a great website. I realise that you are not suggesting that there should be mobile apps but we've all accepted the site as is and do benefit from improvements, as they get rolled out.

Whilst increasing the number of users on Fab is generally a great thing - it's especially so when these users are likely compatible with the majority of other users. App users could be a very different set to many of the current users imo and would probably be disruptive to the site as well as deplete the site's financial resources. Support, such as the Mods, are volunteers; if mobile apps caused a sizeable influx of a different style of users, I also assume that Support resources would be depleted, potentially reducing the attractiveness of being in the support staff as well as degrading the quality of service experience that users here would get.

It could take significantly longer to get photos approved

Users may increase disruptive or unwanted behaviour to others, whether in the forum, via messaging, stalking or other nastier behaviour that people undertake, when they don't particularly fit into the site or are just awful people.

Users often comment on people not really behaving in the right ways towards others and users help to 'police' and manage the site, via reports etc. If we were to get a larger volume of inappropriate people here, it would likely hamper this being as effective as it is now and also deter users perhaps from using the site as much as they currently do.

I don't think it's a good move to get standalone apps on the various platforms and I've heard that other sex-connected apps have degraded, as the user base has got significantly larger. Part of the real value of the swinging scene is the friendliness and relationships between people: this could be harmed and would likely not be found to the same extent on a much larger app-based experience, where people aren't perhaps interested in those aspects of the experience and lifestyle.

"There's also the issue of nudity and the adult theme. I don't know about the Google Play store but Apple would never allow it.

SDC have an app in the App Store as do gaydar and probably many more. No different to fab, so wouldn’t be an issue.

While I agree that the mobile version is better than desktop when on phones, the additional functionality of a proper app would be great!"

Gaydar doesn’t allow anything too sexually explicit to be shown in their app due to restrictions on adult content in apps imposed by Apple so I don’t think a FabSwingers app would be allowed by Apple.

By *ublin4funMan  over a year ago

dublin4

Nah - all apps have strict nudity policies on profile pictures. Only nudes can be sent in private pics.

By *anguyXXXMan  over a year ago

torquay

"I think fab should create a actual app for your phone,

We’re youd get alerts instead of emails for mails and winks and fabs just a thought "

I get push notifications on my mobile. I have the emails turned off. Go to account, email notifications and then at the top it says get alerts on your android. If you have apple though. Sucks to be you. (Joke) it may or may not work i have no idea on apple

"I think fab should create a actual app for your phone,

We’re youd get alerts instead of emails for mails and winks and fabs just a thought

I get push notifications on my mobile. I have the emails turned off. Go to account, email notifications and then at the top it says get alerts on your android. If you have apple though. Sucks to be you. (Joke) it may or may not work i have no idea on apple"

» Add a new message to this topic