Why isn't there one?

Surely this site is crying out for one

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Im sure its to do with adult content or somthing

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The site development budget is likely to be fixed, so if cash was diverted to development of new apps - which could potentially mean several, for each operating system - it would mean less for the current system development. There are also possible issues over whether the apps would gain approval, plus they'd then need ongoing maintenance budgets too.

A lot of apps are web wrappers around the same web page, although Apple aren't appreciative of such 'apps', wanting them to have extra functionality. As such, Fab could potentially become a differentiated service.

Ultimately it's for the site owners to determine their own budget and objectives. They do monitor user feedback and ideas and there are lots of ideas that haven't yet made it to fruition.

My gut feel is that many swingers come to Fab, having heard of it via their friends, clubs etc and finding it via a web search is fairly easy. Others come here via alternative routes, having not been involved in the swinging scene. I'd guess that a lot of people finding fab via a mobile app store would be more of the latter and could create costs, although not being particularly that well suited to using Fab. We already know that a lot of single men find that they have to adjust their expecatations over the amount of effort and time that they may wait, until they become established and get meets etc. I think this is especially so for those people who haven't been swinging before but have just come looking for NSA.

There are arguments against Fab having user videos loaded, as it may attract the 'wrong' type of users here - it may be thought that mobile app stores might do the same. It would be hard to know, unless it was ever available.

That said, the current mobile version has been available for a few years and is very popular - with an alternative style to the desktop version. I think it's great.

By *ig n Zag OP   Couple  over a year ago

North Shropshire

Valid points, and i agree that the mobile page does all it needs to do, it was just a thought

» Add a new message to this topic