FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > Dedicated app

Dedicated app

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *bzcouple OP   Couple  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

Has the possibility of a native app for iOS (and I guess android) been discussed?

MrAbz develops for iOS so could help...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This would be a good idea

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

If you're looking to help deliver technical services or support to Fab, then you'd need to approach them directly.

It's been discussed in the forum very often. My view is that any fab development budget would then be split by an expanded list of technologies: web, mobile's current format plus the newer apps for Android, Apple etc. With a finit budget, this could ultimately mean that features that users currently want are instead delayed even further, whilst money is invested into apps. The apps would also be subject to restrictions etc, via the app stores, giving Fab less control over their business.

It could also be argued that apps available via the stores could attract people onto fab that aren't as aligned with current users, as the site would prefer them to be.

Many users are very content with Fab as it is - would you expect apps to provide new features that aren't currently available op or would they just translate current features into a standalone app? If the latter, then it could be considered that the mobile version of the site can deliver those and that users are satisfied.

I'm generally biased against standalone apps for Fab - you've probably noticed that. They may draw in more users but I am doubtful that they'd generally be the right sort of users.

The owners of course have their own vision for Fab, so it's ultimately up to them, how they invest and how the site progresses.

» Add a new message to this topic