FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > Can't connect except by wifi

Can't connect except by wifi

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tillnotwiser OP   Man  over a year ago

Lurgan ish

Hi, I'm not very technical so this may be a stupid question for some. I started using the mobile app on my smart phone but find it only works when I'm on my house wifi or my work place wifi. It doesn't work in the same way as surfing the internet, that is, connect anywhere away from a dedicated wifi. Is this normal or am I just not doing it right?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You will probably have an age restriction on your phone. Contact your service provider and they can take the restriction off for you

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

From another thread:

"It’s an adult block for sure.

If you go to:

http://www.fabswingers.com/nossl

It’s a special new page which loads over plain unsecured http and you will see whatever message your internet provider is attempting to show

Admin "

By *2699Man  over a year ago

maldon

Have the same problem, no restrictions with my provider, can only access on wifi or wifi with bt fon ,can't if using 4g data ,can access emails from fab then can't get on site

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

If I try to get on fab with my phone it only works on the home internet

All I get when on the phone only internet is this site is not secure but I can get on the other swingers site we are members on with no problems

Try using puffin browser ...

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"From another thread:

It’s an adult block for sure.

If you go to:

http://www.fabswingers.com/nossl

It’s a special new page which loads over plain unsecured http and you will see whatever message your internet provider is attempting to show

Admin "

Try using opera browser in hidden mode, It has VPN, slow like a slug but works

You are being blocked by your network provider. If you can’t lift the restriction (eg business phone) then install TOR browser with VPN from the App Store. It comes with a free demo VPN that hides what site you are on and so you can access no probs!

By *euschMan  over a year ago

peterborough

I have the same issue, but I’m not blocked by my provider, other adult sites work fine

By *p2norfolkngoodMan  over a year ago

Norwich

"I have the same issue, but I’m not blocked by my provider, other adult sites work fine"

If you cannot access fab via data on your phone then yes you are being blocked by your provider.

I find it hit and miss on 3 most of the time it works but ocassionally I get blocked even though I've got the adult filter "turned off" I think its some bug with some of their masts.

It's a pain but several free vpn solutions exist such as protonvpn, nordvpn etc...

By *bzboy66Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

It will be your service provider. I'm on Vodafone. Had the same restriction i.e. could not get on the site when using data. Took me a while but loaded the Vodafone app, into products & services, then "manage bars and Extras" , then "Bars & data apps, and behind that is an age restriction button.etc. The Vodafone app isn't the best and most logically laid oup app but there is help on Googal as well. Just type in the problem and something will pop up...

» Add a new message to this topic