FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > New app / phone ready

New app / phone ready

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lixir of life OP   Man  over a year ago

knob Creek

Isn’t it time a new app was brought out on iPhone and android?

One where you have full access to everything?

Where the cams work?

Notifications for messages?

I’m sure this site makes a good income, so a little reinvestment would pay off for them ..

Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nglishdoodMan  over a year ago

Morristown

There's a problem (especially with Apple) with apps that have adult content.

The web app works pretty well, although you can only view cams in the chat room via Android.

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

I cannot access FAB from my iphone at the moment, I am in Spain but it has not been a problem before, it was ok last Tue, Wed the problem started on Thursday

The lap top works fine

Any ideas ??

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"I cannot access FAB from my iphone at the moment, I am in Spain but it has not been a problem before, it was ok last Tue, Wed the problem started on Thursday

The lap top works fine

Any ideas ??"

Its a network adult block almost certainly.

Didcot

"I cannot access FAB from my iphone at the moment, I am in Spain but it has not been a problem before, it was ok last Tue, Wed the problem started on Thursday

The lap top works fine

Any ideas ??

Its a network adult block almost certainly."

Hi and thanks for the info I don't think its an adult block as I have been able to get onto FAB earlier in the week but I will contact vodaphone just to make sure they have not put the block back on

Thanks again

Durham

The lap top works fine

Any ideas ??

Hi and thanks for the info I don't think its an adult block as I have been able to get onto FAB earlier in the week but I will contact vodaphone just to make sure they have not put the block back on

Thanks again "

They do switch it on without you knowing. If you use a vpn or a browser like opera that has a vpn built in. If that works it is definitely an isp block.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"There's a problem (especially with Apple) with apps that have adult content.

The web app works pretty well, although you can only view cams in the chat room via Android.

"

Adobe do not allow Apple to use Flash player. Hence the problem with viewing cams on iPhone, iPad etc.

Didcot

The lap top works fine

Any ideas ??

Thanks again

They do switch it on without you knowing. If you use a vpn or a browser like opera that has a vpn built in. If that works it is definitely an isp block. "

Ok thanks Nylon, love the stocking clad legs by the way

Durham

The lap top works fine

Any ideas ??

Thanks again

They do switch it on without you knowing. If you use a vpn or a browser like opera that has a vpn built in. If that works it is definitely an isp block.

Ok thanks Nylon, love the stocking clad legs by the way "

Happy to help and thank you.

[Removed by poster at 23/07/19 22:32:25]

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

More fragmentation of the site increases costs and complexity, potentially meaning that other long requested features get pushed back or may not happen. It also means testing, maintenance or new stuff is more complicated to get done. I think most people would prefer other improvements, compared to an apple app.

From a business perspective, it also takes full control away from yourself, as you are subject to apple rules, whims, potential costs etc. Is it so bad atm? I don't know if chat is Html5 or flash but it could be an issue.

The biggest point that many users have raised, on the many times this has been discussed, is that it could potentially flood the site with people who are viewed as less desirable, who get the app but are very different to the type of people that many here want.

The site doesn't publish most its plans and thoughts upon business opportunities or strategy, as this would also be commercially sensitive.

Having the right people here is a priority for most of us, with the ideal goal being to have less unsuitable, time wasters etc

By *andb13Couple  over a year ago

Bradford

I agree. It's time an app was released. 78% of all people access the internet through a mobile device and not a PC now.

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"I agree. It's time an app was released. 78% of all people access the internet through a mobile device and not a PC now.

"

What would an app give you, that simply logging in doesn't?

Where do you get the 78% from?

And how many of the "78%" are site members?

It's a bad idea IMHO.

M

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

There is no benefit to a native mobile app over a web app for a site such as this.

However the Web app is very dated and really could do with a revamp in my opinion. I'm biased though since developing Web applications is my job.

By *emp23Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"There is no benefit to a native mobile app over a web app for a site such as this.

However the Web app is very dated and really could do with a revamp in my opinion. I'm biased though since developing Web applications is my job. "

I agree that the web app is very dated and also agree it does need a revamp, however, there should be a mobile app in my opinion. Signing in and out of web applications is reminiscent of times where you logged into the internet for emails or the use of a PC was the only method for instant messaging.

Yes there are those that will refer you to the apple policy guidelines that need to be followed, however, these policies only indicate that user content of a sexual nature needs to be hidden by default which is fortunately programmable. The benefit for mobile applications enabling IM is instant connectivity. Most of my contacts usually swap another social media’s platform details to chat on there which wouldn’t be required if this platform had a mobile application. My opinion might be slightly biased as I spent time developing applications.

By *lixir of life OP   Man  over a year ago

knob Creek

"I agree. It's time an app was released. 78% of all people access the internet through a mobile device and not a PC now.

It's a bad idea IMHO.

M"

It gives notifications of messages!

Fingerprint acces .. ( important for this I feel)

And let’s be honest the site is very dated ..

I can’t believe that Fab lacks a few quid for investment..

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"There's a problem (especially with Apple) with apps that have adult content.

"

Download Puffin if you are on android and use the full site, not the mobile one, here's a link for ios users as apple no longer support Puffin https://www.lifewire.com/iphone-browsers-support-flash-1999351

Your cam on phone or tablet will work if you choose one of these options.

The South

It's a bad idea IMHO.

M

It gives notifications of messages!

Fingerprint acces .. ( important for this I feel)

And let’s be honest the site is very dated ..

I can’t believe that Fab lacks a few quid for investment.."

We get notifications of messages already.

You can already use fingerprint access on your phone if you want.

Your answers to these too please;

Thanks.

E

By *wsw1londonMan  over a year ago

London

Another approach could be to include or embed the browser (ie Firefox) in the application , which could be accessed from an icon on the phone?

Any thoughts?

The South

"Another approach could be to include or embed the browser (ie Firefox) in the application , which could be accessed from an icon on the phone?

Any thoughts?"

If I follow what you're suggesting, you can already have a link to Fab on your phone home screen, we have....

E

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Another approach could be to include or embed the browser (ie Firefox) in the application , which could be accessed from an icon on the phone?

Any thoughts?"

Yup, I'm uskning Firefox with Linux on my laptop, a shortcut to Puffin on my android phone, works fine.

By *ello0567Man  over a year ago

Birmingham

I can't get who's mobile nearby to work. My location is in but the onscreen instructions aren't for my phone, android. What they say to do doesn't exist on my phone. Works on other peoples phones but not mine!

[Removed by poster at 08/09/19 01:39:31]

Try wire app

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"Try wire app "
For what?

Central

"Try wire app "

That's not an app run by fabSwingers and the op is upon this site

Central

"More fragmentation of the site increases costs and complexity, potentially meaning that other long requested features get pushed back or may not happen. It also means testing, maintenance or new stuff is more complicated to get done. I think most people would prefer other improvements, compared to an apple app.

From a business perspective, it also takes full control away from yourself, as you are subject to apple rules, whims, potential costs etc. Is it so bad atm? I don't know if chat is Html5 or flash but it could be an issue.

The biggest point that many users have raised, on the many times this has been discussed, is that it could potentially flood the site with people who are viewed as less desirable, who get the app but are very different to the type of people that many here want.

The site doesn't publish most its plans and thoughts upon business opportunities or strategy, as this would also be commercially sensitive.

Having the right people here is a priority for most of us, with the ideal goal being to have less unsuitable, time wasters etc "

I don't think the mobile app is that bad - it's largely a simplified menu for functionality on the desktop site.

My preference would be for other site improvements overall, using many of the features that many have asked for for some time. Other features like better search options, could be a fair better use of resources.

By *emptation6580Couple  over a year ago

playa de ingles

We don’t have any issues watching cams on our iPhones- only issue was when we updated the phones- Vodafone automatically put age restrictions on- took ages for them to remove it! X

By *NOFALMan  over a year ago

Chester

Are we supposed to be able to hear sound in the chat rooms on the app or is this still not working.. I'm on Samsung tablet and doesn't seem to work

Try a web browser called

opera mini. It's seems to bypass the adult block

By *astbikerider46Man  over a year ago

Kettering

Im a silver site supporter but I can't view any of the new videos is it my Samsung phone ??

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

I actually prefer the mobile version of the site

» Add a new message to this topic