FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > New search parameter

New search parameter

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Would it be possible to have an option that allows you to search for body type to help narrow down your choices.

Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Would it be possible to have an option that allows you to search for body type to help narrow down your choices.

Thanks "

Totally support this

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

I agree with the concept but people lie about their body shape or simply don't view themselves the way you might.

"I agree with the concept but people lie about their body shape or simply don't view themselves the way you might."

I completely agree with what you said. I hope that most people on this site are honest enough that the search parameter would be effective

Dudley

"I agree with the concept but people lie about their body shape or simply don't view themselves the way you might.

I completely agree with what you said. I hope that most people on this site are honest enough that the search parameter would be effective "

But what they might think is curvy, you might think is fat or what I might think is slim, you might think is athletic.

"I agree with the concept but people lie about their body shape or simply don't view themselves the way you might.

I completely agree with what you said. I hope that most people on this site are honest enough that the search parameter would be effective

But what they might think is curvy, you might think is fat or what I might think is slim, you might think is athletic."

I agree again. There is always a certain amount of subjectivity to anything. You are bound to gain some and lose some but overall I think it would average out. You could always pick more than one body type to increase your chances etc

Dudley

But what they might think is curvy, you might think is fat or what I might think is slim, you might think is athletic.

I agree again. There is always a certain amount of subjectivity to anything. You are bound to gain some and lose some but overall I think it would average out. You could always pick more than one body type to increase your chances etc"

True, if we could be sure people wouldn't stretch the truth and everyone had the same view of body types it's a brilliant idea.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

No different than being rascist

Dudley

"No different than being rascist"

What?

By *hubarbandcustard1000Couple  over a year ago

Dudley

"No different than being rascist"

Dont really think it can be classed as racist having a preference. That's like calling someone a bigot for preferring a gender.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I agree again. There is always a certain amount of subjectivity to anything. You are bound to gain some and lose some but overall I think it would average out. You could always pick more than one body type to increase your chances etc

True, if we could be sure people wouldn't stretch the truth and everyone had the same view of body types it's a brilliant idea. "

That's right! It's difficult but probably better to be able to search by 1 or more body types per search, than having no ability to.

Re the subjectivity - I've seen ultra sculpted body builders list themselves as fabulous.

Fab could help itself with a description per label, allowing users to be guided in their selection. As many people have requested, more options would be great, as well as a little differential between genders. The site could automatically prompt users to check if their settings are up to date on, say, a 6 monthly basis.

By *avartMan  over a year ago

Barnsley

This would never happen but...

The site user would enter their statistics into the profile details e.g.

Weight, height, waist, chest and and so on. The site software would generate the body type and display it or perhaps make it searchable but not actually on display on a profile. Could even do body shape I suppose given enough measurements.

Similar to clothes sizes/shoe size vs what actually fits.

Of course, a decent, well lit sharp, recent photo works too.

Secondly, all photos older than say 6 months should be deleted from the site. Software should detect if they've been previously uploaded.

Dudley

"This would never happen but...

Weight, height, waist, chest and and so on. The site software would generate the body type and display it or perhaps make it searchable but not actually on display on a profile. Could even do body shape I suppose given enough measurements.

Secondly, all photos older than say 6 months should be deleted from the site. Software should detect if they've been previously uploaded."

Terrible idea, weight can fluctuate quite dramatically for people, they would be updating their weight weekly. I can guarantee alot of people would leave the site if they insisted on measurements.

By *avartMan  over a year ago

Barnsley

Which is why I put 'this would never happen' at the beginning.

It was just a thought...

Secondly, all photos older than say 6 months should be deleted from the site. Software should detect if they've been previously uploaded.

Terrible idea, weight can fluctuate quite dramatically for people, they would be updating their weight weekly. I can guarantee alot of people would leave the site if they insisted on measurements. "

I agree that would make a lot of people uncomfortable and is unworkable.

He does raise an interesting point about pictures though. If a picure is a year old should they have to agree its still an accurate representation of themselves. As said above peoples bodies can dramatically change

Dudley

Terrible idea, weight can fluctuate quite dramatically for people, they would be updating their weight weekly. I can guarantee alot of people would leave the site if they insisted on measurements.

He does raise an interesting point about pictures though. If a picure is a year old should they have to agree its still an accurate representation of themselves. As said above peoples bodies can dramatically change"

Agreed, I've gained a few pounds since my very first pics but I've uploaded all new private face pics and recent body pics so people can still see me as I am now. I think people ought to have recent pics if they want to keep old pics up.

He does raise an interesting point about pictures though. If a picure is a year old should they have to agree its still an accurate representation of themselves. As said above peoples bodies can dramatically change

Agreed, I've gained a few pounds since my very first pics but I've uploaded all new private face pics and recent body pics so people can still see me as I am now. I think people ought to have recent pics if they want to keep old pics up. "

Thats a valid point. There are a number of profiles with quite old pictures which does make you wonder. This point could be worth a different thread itself as a discussion piece

Dudley

Agreed, I've gained a few pounds since my very first pics but I've uploaded all new private face pics and recent body pics so people can still see me as I am now. I think people ought to have recent pics if they want to keep old pics up.

Thats a valid point. There are a number of profiles with quite old pictures which does make you wonder. This point could be worth a different thread itself as a discussion piece "

Indeed, I've also got a face pic with no makeup just so I don't terrify meets the following morning

Thats a valid point. There are a number of profiles with quite old pictures which does make you wonder. This point could be worth a different thread itself as a discussion piece

Indeed, I've also got a face pic with no makeup just so I don't terrify meets the following morning "

Thats a winning level of honesty and preplannig right there

Dudley

Indeed, I've also got a face pic with no makeup just so I don't terrify meets the following morning

Thats a winning level of honesty and preplannig right there"

» Add a new message to this topic