FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > Push notifications

Push notifications

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is there any update /progress on when this function might be up and running again for mobile android users?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Let me know when it up again Hun x

By *rogMan  over a year ago

Halifax

"Is there any update /progress on when this function might be up and running again for mobile android users? "

I'd like some form of notification updates too please. They've been down now since July.

Obviously, I read the message saying that they'll update us yet we were told that notifications: "will return shortly". Four months in and still no wiser.

I'm missing notifications like crazy as it's one of the main handy features that always kept me returning as a member. I could get updates on-the-go but doing it via having to check emails is not working for me

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Yes agree very frustrating as I don't have time to log in all the time. Considering videos are now being trialled, you would think that the push notifications should be resolved

I'd also like to see the push notifications back on as I miss it too and it's handy when I don't have time to log onto fab

Halifax

"Yes agree very frustrating as I don't have time to log in all the time. Considering videos are now being trialled, you would think that the push notifications should be resolved "

My thoughts exactly. Having to log into my email app every so often to check emails is very time-consuming.

I've missed so many potential meets and important notices since notifications have been removed.

It kinda feels like we're now paying for half a service that we once had

Wondering if there are any updates.

By *av1970Man  over a year ago

Tattershall

Missed this, raised my own thread. Also seeking the updates as per the original notice it was turning off.

Any updates of when or if push notifications will be up and running again please x

Halifax

"Any updates of when or if push notifications will be up and running again please x"

To be fair, it looks like they're really not bothered about this issue any more. Maybe it's time for us to just give up the ghost and accept that the site owners aren't interested in resuming the service.

"Any updates of when or if push notifications will be up and running again please x

To be fair, it looks like they're really not bothered about this issue any more. Maybe it's time for us to just give up the ghost and accept that the site owners aren't interested in resuming the service. "

Yes I think you're right on that score, such a shame as it was a handy little tool for this site.

Would of been nice though to of at least heard some feedback about it

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I liked the feature, it was a good one. Hope it gets sorted.

Halifax

@ MissWeekender:

Agreed. An update wouldn't take long to compose and at least we would have had some form of closure on the issue.

After all, we were promised an update last July (I think it was) but there's not been a peep since.

I wish they'd sort it then I'd go back to being a full-time paid member again.

[Removed by poster at 19/01/20 05:03:44]

@ Grog I know they had their work cut out on here when they started allowing people to upload videos and I know there's still a few issues with perfecting that so I'm hoping once that's all sorted they may sort out the push notifications

#weliveinhope

Halifax

@ MissWeekender:

Yeah, I understand/appreciate they've been sorting out the videos section, which is a great welcome addition to the site.

Although to be fair, if push came to shove [no pun intended], I'd rather have push notifications available to inform me of potential meets / important information from friends than watch someone's new video

#callmeoldfashioned

It would be nice to see this handy feature back. Videos seem a bit well established now, so it should at least have an update. 6 months is a long time.

Halifax

"It would be nice to see this handy feature back. Videos seem a bit well established now, so it should at least have an update. 6 months is a long time."

Too long!

Wish the push notifications were back

Halifax

Don't we all?

I can't see it ever happening again now but it's a bit remiss of them not to let us know after all the comments that have been left asking about it.

By *lixir of lifeMan  over a year ago

knob Creek

There needs to be more for iPhone users too ..

Why should just the poor people get push notifications

By *EOLOSMan  over a year ago

Leeds

There reason is that they getting more money from the views every time so i don't think they will fix it its been a year now

As I understand it, each browser handles notifications in a different way, so you could st them up for iPhone users who use Safari, but iPhone users who use Chrome or Firefox wouldn't get them. And when an update installs itself, it may need some tweaks to work with the new version

It's one of these things that looks as if it should be really easy but is actually quite complicated and expensive to set up and keep working.

» Add a new message to this topic