FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > Time wasters

Time wasters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just a suggestion that I think would really help users here .... there is away to verify some as genuine but not as a time waster.

Could you add a function where users can mark a person if a time waster ...

I think this would really help improve the site..

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *tripper9Man  over a year ago

Blackburn

Plenty of timewasters but Fab does like you to name and shame?

We spent 2 weeks looking for someone .. all we get is people asking for a lot of pictures and say they will meet then ghost us...

Very frustrating ... something needs doing ..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Definately have a time waste function button rating scale of some sort.

Fabs own trip advisor????

It's a harsh fact but sometimes after getting pictures the other party thinks 'not for them' I don't think ghosting is the answer nor time wasters. People change their minds. I just say hey ho and resolve to stick to verified people... Til I don't lol

See that’s not the issue you send pictures for your face ... body ... you have verifications but it’s never enough ...

they said they want to meet and give you a time and then ghost you....

It’s annoying lol

By *edVelveteenCouple  over a year ago

Heaven in the Midlands

"We spent 2 weeks looking for someone .. all we get is people asking for a lot of pictures and say they will meet then ghost us...

Very frustrating ... something needs doing .."

As do we. This is definitely a site for cammers and photo collectors. The amount of profiles that say as much is proof. RVx

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Report any user to Admin, where their behaviour is inappropriate or against site rules. You'd then categorise in your report why you are reporting them, including failing to show for a meet.

People who chat for a good time before meeting may be assessing compatibility or don't have lots of free time. It's reasonable to assume that most people who you chat with will not meet you, once you each get to fully assess each other - this isn't time wasting, it's natural.

Sometimes we need to adjust our expectations or our filtering habits.

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"Just a suggestion that I think would really help users here .... there is away to verify some as genuine but not as a time waster.

I think this would really help improve the site.. "

There's a reason we don't name and shame.

What's to stop me flagging you as a timewaster, even though we've never spoken?

Too open to abuse.

Very true...

however if I wanna to look at someones profile that we do not meet let’s say their age range I then change my profile in order to match them it knows I have dont that.

You can apply the same thing to he reporting side.

In a town Fab forgot

"Very true...

however if I wanna to look at someones profile that we do not meet let’s say their age range I then change my profile in order to match them it knows I have dont that.

You can apply the same thing to he reporting side."

Its still naming and shaming though.....

What is there to prevent every single one I've turned down naming me as a time waster? Or would I have to drop my knickers down for everyone who waves their cock at me?

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

"Just a suggestion that I think would really help users here .... there is away to verify some as genuine but not as a time waster.

You can report a profile if they fail to show for a meet, or you can make your own private notes, or you can block them. Or you can do all three. Just sayin'...

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

What is there to prevent every single one I've turned down naming me as a time waster? Or would I have to drop my knickers down for everyone who waves their cock at me?

Exactly it would be so open to abuse it would be pointless.

By *jb773Man  over a year ago

Bishops Stortford

I have had a few timewasters, we chat for ages then when we're about to plan a meet, they go silent on me, even had some where i have gone to meet them and they don't respond and i have wasted a journey to them.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

They may have just changed their mind/ not liked the pics/ got bored with the conversation, I am not sure how that is classed as a time waster

It would just get abused though best to just report them

"They may have just changed their mind/ not liked the pics/ got bored with the conversation, I am not sure how that is classed as a time waster"

I get that ... that’s understandable...

But when you through hoops proving your real and genuine they still question credibility..

We spent hours talking to people just to get hosted after agreeing a time and a place..

Once you get that far your at the point of no return lol.. there isn’t any excuses at this stage

Central

Someone is open to saying no to sex at any point, even if you have started to have sex. That's not timewasting. Other aspects of life will take priority, including family etc but it would be reasonable generally to notify others if you can't make an agreed appointment - serious accidents etc may affect ability.

I stand by my view that most of us will ultimately not want to have sex with most of the people that we start chatting with, or be able to meet or be available quickly. If we hold expectations that are like this, it may prevent frustration and disappointment.

"Someone is open to saying no to sex at any point, even if you have started to have sex. That's not timewasting. Other aspects of life will take priority, including family etc but it would be reasonable generally to notify others if you can't make an agreed appointment - serious accidents etc may affect ability.

I stand by my view that most of us will ultimately not want to have sex with most of the people that we start chatting with, or be able to meet or be available quickly. If we hold expectations that are like this, it may prevent frustration and disappointment. "

Couldn’t agree more.. it’s your choice and and at any point you can say no ... this isn’t the issue...

I think your missing the point ...

The point being is your agreeing to a meet you send copious messages... pictures... you confirm and verify your genuine everything g is fine... they then continue to ask for more pictures.. videos ... pictures holding fingers up and for them then question your credibility.

We all know full well that’s not the issue it’s the picture collection and time wasting.. that’s the issue ...

Not going to happen guys as far too much revenue made from such people. Why would the site owners loose 75-95% of consumers to benefit the minority? It's all about the £££. It's a business not a charity.

By *rivingmanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

"We spent 2 weeks looking for someone .. all we get is people asking for a lot of pictures and say they will meet then ghost us...

Very frustrating ... something needs doing .."

spoils it for us genuine guys. Nobody takes us seriously, getting close to just binning it

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

My way of solving this issue for myself OP is by putting my pictures on public when I am ready for meet, not 1 or 2 but at least 6 or 7.

If a profile still asking for pics, I classify them as not serious into meeting and just a pic collector or whatever.

So I won't bother replying to their messages or entertaining their requests.

Other might argue this (privacy, confidentiality or whatever excuse) but it is what works for me.

In a town Fab forgot

"Someone is open to saying no to sex at any point, even if you have started to have sex. That's not timewasting. Other aspects of life will take priority, including family etc but it would be reasonable generally to notify others if you can't make an agreed appointment - serious accidents etc may affect ability.

I stand by my view that most of us will ultimately not want to have sex with most of the people that we start chatting with, or be able to meet or be available quickly. If we hold expectations that are like this, it may prevent frustration and disappointment.

Couldn’t agree more.. it’s your choice and and at any point you can say no ... this isn’t the issue...

The point being is your agreeing to a meet you send copious messages... pictures... you confirm and verify your genuine everything g is fine... they then continue to ask for more pictures.. videos ... pictures holding fingers up and for them then question your credibility.

We all know full well that’s not the issue it’s the picture collection and time wasting.. that’s the issue ... "

Sounds like the time you're wasting is your own.

Seriously, if this keep happening, surely there's a pattern, a consistency, a common denominator, yes?

Queue the revenge button. Brilliant idea to help and encourage hatters and those who don't like they were turned down.

We all know full well that’s not the issue it’s the picture collection and time wasting.. that’s the issue ... "

If you have to do all that they're just taking the piss. Don't send pics or do sex chat until you've met in person. They just want a wank and unfortunately you're giving them what they need.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"But when you through hoops proving your real and genuine they still question credibility..

We spent hours talking to people just to get hosted after agreeing a time and a place.."

Cut down on the time and effort you are investing in losers.

I find that genuine people meet up fairly quickly for a social

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"..spoils it for us genuine guys. Nobody takes us seriously, getting close to just binning it"

How does someone else being a time waster, or whatever spoil it for you?

Genuine people can easily outshine the fools

"..spoils it for us genuine guys. Nobody takes us seriously, getting close to just binning it

How does someone else being a time waster, or whatever spoil it for you?

Genuine people can easily outshine the fools "

The idea is that it creates negativity in the ladies towards a single males profile. We all regularly read that they're blocked because of all the millions of messages they no longer can wade through, or 'single guys are...' (all the same), or they hide their profiles because they get too much attention...

There's a lot in what he says.

Genuine guys feel these effects, and outshining doesn't always mean meets as you imply.

Central

. Those sets of people who are misleading, telling lies and operating under such false pretences are definitely atrocious abusers of people's goodwill and trust. Apart from us all continuing to report such users to admin, we're each only able to refine our sensitivity to detection of them, in the hope that we'll escape from having our trust abused.

"What is there to prevent every single one I've turned down naming me as a time waster? Or would I have to drop my knickers down for everyone who waves their cock at me? "

By *ifeandhubby400Couple  over a year ago

Arse hole of nowhere ,Scotland

After countless no shows and time wasters ,we now video chat before we even have a chat/meet ,as the ones hiding behind a keyboard dont or wont do it ,its already worked and we have a meet with a lovely guy now ..its sad but what we need to do as everyones time is limited ..

Opp im not a time waster and if i say i will turn up i turn up but when someone hasnt had a meet in 3 years i tend to think it will be me messed about.

By *ittle-black-dressWoman  over a year ago

Stockport

I once arranged to meet with a guy and before setting off I asked for most recent face pic so I know who to look for. After he'd sent me his recent pic I realized he's been posting pics of himself from 10 years ago. I will reserve the right to not meet if I feel it's not right for some reason. There's always two sides to this argument.....

I believe it would be a fantastic function to have but too many people would abuse it for not getting their own way, not unless they put a proper meeting system in place like another site i know, where you book and can then verify

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

Wouldn't work as some people will just mark you as a time waster just because you had the audacity to say no to them

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

There's already an option to report no shows in the drop down menu when you click on their profile. This will work even if they have blocked you.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"After countless no shows and time wasters ,we now video chat before we even have a chat/meet ,as the ones hiding behind a keyboard dont or wont do it ,its already worked and we have a meet with a lovely guy now ..its sad but what we need to do as everyones time is limited .."

We have done this from the start, no pic swopping, no getting your kit off on cam, no talking about what we would do to each other when we met... we just had a cam chat to see how we interacted with each other, then decided yes or no, we only ever had one no show, but we found out why on reading the local paper and the bike accident he had been in on his way to us so can forgive him that he didn't let us know

By *ifeandhubby400Couple  over a year ago

Arse hole of nowhere ,Scotland

"After countless no shows and time wasters ,we now video chat before we even have a chat/meet ,as the ones hiding behind a keyboard dont or wont do it ,its already worked and we have a meet with a lovely guy now ..its sad but what we need to do as everyones time is limited ..

We have done this from the start, no pic swopping, no getting your kit off on cam, no talking about what we would do to each other when we met... we just had a cam chat to see how we interacted with each other, then decided yes or no, we only ever had one no show, but we found out why on reading the local paper and the bike accident he had been in on his way to us so can forgive him that he didn't let us know "

Wish we had done it from the start ,but saying that we did ok its just lately more time wasters ..

Would never work. Just have to block and move on. The amount of times I've got to the arrange a time and place stage, then suddenly met with a deafening silence, is beyond a joke, but I guess it comes with the territory.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Would never work. Just have to block and move on. The amount of times I've got to the arrange a time and place stage, then suddenly met with a deafening silence, is beyond a joke, but I guess it comes with the territory."

Yes, I've had that too. I haven't done pic/vid swapping or sex chat either, just normal chat.

By *ariahCouple  over a year ago

Whitchurch

We've had the same problems with no shows, but the problem we have also had is being accused of being time wasters and fakes because we won't meet every male that sends us a message. The last one had no pictures and no verifications so we would not like this facility at all

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

OP.

Consider this scenario which occurred last week to me.

A Couple messaged me, asking if I was available to meet within an hour, at shortly after 11pm?

I was online at the time, but talking on the Forums. The couple saw me via "Who's Near" but if they'd taken to trouble to read my profile, they would have seen when I can & cannot meet.

I directed them to my profile but it was apparent they wouldn't do that, so I said I was at work (true); even if I wasn't, I only use Public Transport which wasn't available at that time.

They then ranted at me for wasting their time!

See how that view can be misjudged, all because they couldn't be bothered to do some simple checks first!

Not my problem, but theirs!

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"OP.

Consider this scenario which occurred last week to me.

A Couple messaged me, asking if I was available to meet within an hour, at shortly after 11pm?

I was online at the time, but talking on the Forums. The couple saw me via "Who's Near" but if they'd taken to trouble to read my profile, they would have seen when I can & cannot meet.

I directed them to my profile but it was apparent they wouldn't do that, so I said I was at work (true); even if I wasn't, I only use Public Transport which wasn't available at that time.

They then ranted at me for wasting their time!

See how that view can be misjudged, all because they couldn't be bothered to do some simple checks first!

Not my problem, but theirs!"

Totally their problem for ignoring your profile.