Dubai / Nottingham

Anyone doing this ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm doing everything but this one I regret it now

By *rHotNotts OP   Man  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

It’s looking good still it’s not too late IMO, lockdown could change retail. Also Microsoft doing well with Teams etc and Bill Gates stood down now

You can’t really do any worse than the FTSE and no one wants to save right now as you are

losing 2% just on inflation

Dubai / Nottingham

Revolute are offering free trades and it’s instant on the app during US market hours much better than H&L or Vanguard

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

How much would you say a decent punt would be?

"Revolute are offering free trades and it’s instant on the app during US market hours much better than H&L or Vanguard "

This offer is only for the first 3 trades, unless you pay for an upgrade where you could get a further 5 "free".

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Plenty of value on the UK markets right now, especially as ISA rates are falling, some down to 0.05%!

You'd need to be a rich player for Amazon though. They have a hefty share price!

"Plenty of value on the UK markets right now, especially as ISA rates are falling, some down to 0.05%!

You'd need to be a rich player for Amazon though. They have a hefty share price!"

You can buy parts of shares you know. You dont have to buy a whole share.

AMD stock is one that is well worth looking at. As it stands now, AMD has over 80% of the retail CPU market. Once Ryzen 4 launches next year, they could well have a sizeable chunk of the Laptop and enterprise market as well. They already have made big inroads into the Server and Cloud computing market and that will only grow.

North Bucks

On another Forum I use. Someone has put 5k each into BP and Shell.

They are hoping a post lockdown bounce in oil will happen. Short term investment of about two years they are looking at.

Grantham

"On another Forum I use. Someone has put 5k each into BP and Shell.

They are hoping a post lockdown bounce in oil will happen. Short term investment of about two years they are looking at. "

I've piled into Shell. They have always paid a dividend, so slightly more appealing than BP.

[Removed by poster at 26/04/20 17:12:04]

[Removed by poster at 26/04/20 17:12:06]

Dubai / Nottingham

They are hoping a post lockdown bounce in oil will happen. Short term investment of about two years they are looking at. "

There was someone here a few weeks ago holding large amounts of oil shares and buying in a bear market , thought about it myself, didn’t , im not so sure now,

Dubai / Nottingham

"AMD stock is one that is well worth looking at. As it stands now, AMD has over 80% of the retail CPU market. Once Ryzen 4 launches next year, they could well have a sizeable chunk of the Laptop and enterprise market as well. They already have made big inroads into the Server and Cloud computing market and that will only grow."

I dint know enough about CPU in cloud markets , I only invest in things I understand.... but it’s controlled by AWS, GCP and Azure , Do they all use AMD chips ?

Dubai / Nottingham

They are hoping a post lockdown bounce in oil will happen. Short term investment of about two years they are looking at.

I've piled into Shell. They have always paid a dividend, so slightly more appealing than BP. "

Ask yourself what type of engine your next car will have before you invest medium to long term in oil....

We should have some sort of stock market forum

Grantham

I've piled into Shell. They have always paid a dividend, so slightly more appealing than BP.

Ask yourself what type of engine your next car will have before you invest medium to long term in oil...."

Easy. A clean diesel engine just like the one I've got.

And oil is used from other things than making cars move.

North Bucks

Had a dabble.

"AMD stock is one that is well worth looking at. As it stands now, AMD has over 80% of the retail CPU market. Once Ryzen 4 launches next year, they could well have a sizeable chunk of the Laptop and enterprise market as well. They already have made big inroads into the Server and Cloud computing market and that will only grow.

I dint know enough about CPU in cloud markets , I only invest in things I understand.... but it’s controlled by AWS, GCP and Azure , Do they all use AMD chips ? "

Microsoft Azure moved to AMD cpu's in 2017 and both Google and Amazon are now fully migrated to AMD EPYC as well. Intel is still using 10 year old Tech hence the rapid change in all the different CPU markets. At the moment it will be at least 2 years before Intel catch up tech wise to a position that AMD is in now, of course in 2 years time AMD will still be ahead of Intel.

Dubai / Nottingham

"AMD stock is one that is well worth looking at. As it stands now, AMD has over 80% of the retail CPU market. Once Ryzen 4 launches next year, they could well have a sizeable chunk of the Laptop and enterprise market as well. They already have made big inroads into the Server and Cloud computing market and that will only grow.

I dint know enough about CPU in cloud markets , I only invest in things I understand.... but it’s controlled by AWS, GCP and Azure , Do they all use AMD chips ?

Microsoft Azure moved to AMD cpu's in 2017 and both Google and Amazon are now fully migrated to AMD EPYC as well. Intel is still using 10 year old Tech hence the rapid change in all the different CPU markets. At the moment it will be at least 2 years before Intel catch up tech wise to a position that AMD is in now, of course in 2 years time AMD will still be ahead of Intel."

Interesting, might get on AMD shortly when the markets re-open.

Yes Revolut is only offering three free trades, I thought I was three free per day ! but fees are only £1 per transaction

Dubai / Nottingham

UK markets today ;

Prudential - solid, 3% dividend, making good inroads to Asian life assurance markets

Auto trader - will bounce back after lockdown

Right move - will bounce back after lockdown

AMD - taking over the cloud apparently

Thoughts?

Dubai / Nottingham

Ask yourself what type of engine your next car will have before you invest medium to long term in oil....

Easy. A clean diesel engine just like the one I've got.

And oil is used from other things than making cars move. "

Interesting the company itself doesn’t share your confidence, shell has cancelled the buy back if it’s own shares....

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Engineering and manufacturing...coming back to the UK...that's where im investing and some small price shares are going to do well

I've piled into Shell. They have always paid a dividend, so slightly more appealing than BP. "

"Oil major Shell slashes dividend for the first time since World War II" a reduction of 66%.

Grantham

"Oil major Shell slashes dividend for the first time since World War II" a reduction of 66%."

It wasn't unexpected. But I'm in for the long haul on these. I'm getting plenty of green now on my portfolio. Value with potential is the key here.

North Bucks

Shells all over the place this morning glad I’m just watching.

Amazon is the only one I have up at the moment.

Grantham

"Shells all over the place this morning glad I’m just watching.

Amazon is the only one I have up at the moment. "

USA oil demand is increasing, so not as bad as it could be for Shell.

Seeing that most people are going to be holidaying in the UK this year, I've went into Dalata and Whitbread and they are doing well for me, with better to come.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Amazon is the only one I have up at the moment. "

was watching news this morning apperently amazon staff about to go on strike as company not keeping them safe in there warehouses

"

Thoughts? "

Tech companies are my speciality. AMD is my fav at the moment, if i tell you why, you will understand.

In January 2017 i bought 1000 shares at $10.61 each. In February this year i sold 250 shares at $52.26 each, getting back the investment plus a small profit. That still leaves me with $40k's worth of shares which i may well cash out in a couple of years time. There arn't many places you can get that sort of return.

North Bucks

Amazon is the only one I have up at the moment. was watching news this morning apperently amazon staff about to go on strike as company not keeping them safe in there warehouses"

That will be the dip then

Grantham

"

Thoughts?

Tech companies are my speciality. AMD is my fav at the moment, if i tell you why, you will understand.

In January 2017 i bought 1000 shares at $10.61 each. In February this year i sold 250 shares at $52.26 each, getting back the investment plus a small profit. That still leaves me with $40k's worth of shares which i may well cash out in a couple of years time. There arn't many places you can get that sort of return."

Whats your thoughts long term on these? Say hold for 5 years if purchased at today's prices?

" Whats your thoughts long term on these? Say hold for 5 years if purchased at today's prices? "

Over 5 years could be a bit of a gamble unless you know a lot about tech companies. I defo intend to keep what i have for the next 2 years at least. The reason for that is because it will take at least 2 years for Intel to be able to bring competing tech to market. If Intel fails to do that, it would be worth keeping for longer.

Dubai / Nottingham

"

Thoughts?

In January 2017 i bought 1000 shares at $10.61 each. In February this year i sold 250 shares at $52.26 each, getting back the investment plus a small profit. That still leaves me with $40k's worth of shares which i may well cash out in a couple of years time. There arn't many places you can get that sort of return."

What other tech stocks would you consider ?

What do you think of Microsoft & Apple right now ?

" What other tech stocks would you consider ?

What do you think of Microsoft & Apple right now ? "

Microsoft has been a good "Cash Cow" for me over the years lol. I still have 300 shares and would defo buy more if i wanted more. When they release MS Flight Sim it will be a huge money earner and i can see the share price going up and up.

For personal reasons i have never looked at Apple so havn't got anything to say other than i wouldn't give them a penny of my money.

LG Electronics i think are undervalued at the moment,it has always been good with dividends as well, so is worth a look.

Cray Inc is certainly worth a look. They are one the supercomputer companies that have been taking advantage of AMD's EPYC cpu's lately and have got a lot of very profitable business because of it. Price is low, but could well shoot up once the market notices the profits that will come from recent Cray contracts.

Dubai / Nottingham

" What other tech stocks would you consider ?

What do you think of Microsoft & Apple right now ?

Microsoft has been a good "Cash Cow" for me over the years lol. I still have 300 shares and would defo buy more if i wanted more. When they release MS Flight Sim it will be a huge money earner and i can see the share price going up and up.

For personal reasons i have never looked at Apple so havn't got anything to say other than i wouldn't give them a penny of my money.

LG Electronics i think are undervalued at the moment,it has always been good with dividends as well, so is worth a look.

Cray Inc is certainly worth a look. They are one the supercomputer companies that have been taking advantage of AMD's EPYC cpu's lately and have got a lot of very profitable business because of it. Price is low, but could well shoot up once the market notices the profits that will come from recent Cray contracts."

Thanks. Quite interested in M$ now Bill has fully stepped back and the whole azure / teams / d365 thing can only benefit right now - and it seems to work at last - but I don’t know much about what else they have planned.

"but I don’t know much about what else they have planned. "

As i said, the next major money earner for MS is Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

It's a major shift in the way that flight sim games work and look. It's base from Azure and is designed from the ground up to use every single core of a cpu, unlike most games that only use 4 or 6 cores. Most of the other flight sims around only use 4 cores at most. It's being well looked forward to by enthusiasts and will sell by the shed load. MS's turnover and profit will skyrocket along with the share price.

BORING. I would not have thought many viewers I to this topic. Can we pick something please that we can all add to. This chatter is sending me to sleep. Worse then the lock down.

"but I don’t know much about what else they have planned.

As i said, the next major money earner for MS is Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

It's a major shift in the way that flight sim games work and look. It's base from Azure and is designed from the ground up to use every single core of a cpu, unlike most games that only use 4 or 6 cores. Most of the other flight sims around only use 4 cores at most. It's being well looked forward to by enthusiasts and will sell by the shed load. MS's turnover and profit will skyrocket along with the share price."

Feel free to keep giving advice on more stocks

Don't encourage them please, ??????

I cant find that Cray one

Dubai / Nottingham

"Don't encourage them please, ??????

"

Hey this is good stuff - if it doesn’t float your boat feel free to go have a wank over the thread about Boris’s latest kid or something more interesting. Your participation isn’t required, consider yourself excused.....

Dubai / Nottingham

"but I don’t know much about what else they have planned.

It's a major shift in the way that flight sim games work and look. It's base from Azure and is designed from the ground up to use every single core of a cpu, unlike most games that only use 4 or 6 cores. Most of the other flight sims around only use 4 cores at most. It's being well looked forward to by enthusiasts and will sell by the shed load. MS's turnover and profit will skyrocket along with the share price."

If im honest I’m not convinced but happy to be wrong on this! I would have though m$ would be more focussed on azure web services , d365 and acquiring companies / products to add modules to its D365/FO e.g AX offering to strengthen against SAP and Oracle in the ERP space. I don’t see how flight sim and gaming fit

North Bucks

Facebook doing ok for me today as did Amazon.

Been watching AMD going to do some more research.

Was looking at a penny stock today that got seriously pumped by the power of the internet.

"If im honest I’m not convinced but happy to be wrong on this! I would have though m$ would be more focussed on azure web services , d365 and acquiring companies / products to add modules to its D365/FO e.g AX offering to strengthen against SAP and Oracle in the ERP space. I don’t see how flight sim and gaming fit "

Lol, to be honest as well, that is typical of someone that is only really looking at short term profit. MS has a much reduced cash income over the last 5 years in real terms. Flight sim will increase that by a huge margin............increase profit= increase share price. If you don't want to part with the cash, fine.........plenty will.

Dubai / Nottingham

"If im honest I’m not convinced but happy to be wrong on this! I would have though m$ would be more focussed on azure web services , d365 and acquiring companies / products to add modules to its D365/FO e.g AX offering to strengthen against SAP and Oracle in the ERP space. I don’t see how flight sim and gaming fit

Lol, to be honest as well, that is typical of someone that is only really looking at short term profit. MS has a much reduced cash income over the last 5 years in real terms. Flight sim will increase that by a huge margin............increase profit= increase share price. If you don't want to part with the cash, fine.........plenty will."

Nothing on the investor chatter,, it’s forecasts are all about business computing “On its own, Flight Simulator is a niche product that isn't likely to move the needle for a company that generates over $30 billion in quarterly revenue”

My Alibaba stocks are falling. I put a cut off of 450 just after putting in 1k and I'm afraid if it falls much further I'll lose it.

I really thought it was the right time to go in for this one.

North Bucks

"My Alibaba stocks are falling. I put a cut off of 450 just after putting in 1k and I'm afraid if it falls much further I'll lose it.

I really thought it was the right time to go in for this one. "

Bad day for me all round yesterday Facebook aside.

I looked at Alibaba but thought the uncertainty over Trumps threatened trillion pound tariffs was going to knock on.

"Nothing on the investor chatter,, it’s forecasts are all about business computing “On its own, Flight Simulator is a niche product that isn't likely to move the needle for a company that generates over $30 billion in quarterly revenue”"

I wouldn't call it Niche at all. In North America alone it's a market worth $1.85 Billion a year. If you add to that the release of XboxX later this year where the current Xbox is worth $11.4 Billion a year in 2019. Including a 20% drop in sales because peeps are waiting for XboxX. XboxX is perfect for MS flight sim, and at the moment MS have 0% of the flight sim market. The 2 together have a massive potential to gain a huge market share.

Dubai / Nottingham

How’s the Amazon investors doing this lovely Monday lunchtime ? Hopefully realised it’s not for the faint hearted lol

North Bucks

"How’s the Amazon investors doing this lovely Monday lunchtime ? Hopefully realised it’s not for the faint hearted lol "

Amazon currently down £94 and Shell much more than that for me.

Just keep repeating to myself long game long game.

Grantham

Food stocks doing well for me. Couple of poor performances today, Easyjet and Shell, but a pretty flat day.

Boris Johnson to make a statement on lockdown next Sunday. Hopefully, see a bounce after that.

Dubai / Nottingham

"How’s the Amazon investors doing this lovely Monday lunchtime ? Hopefully realised it’s not for the faint hearted lol

Amazon currently down £94 and Shell much more than that for me.

Just keep repeating to myself long game long game. "

Exactly - those that lose thier bottle, lose those dollar.... love the 7% drop, buying even more

Dubai / Nottingham

Remember.... until you hit the sell button you haven’t made or lost a penny, it’s just numbers on a computer screen.....

What's everyone's thoughts on Alibaba? I'm down 200 out of a 1000 investment, if it goes -450 the app will cut my losses.

I wish I hadn't set it up that way as I'm afraid I see a huge drop ahead thanks to Trump's comments over the weekend and likely further comments on tariffs with China.

Dubai / Nottingham

"What's everyone's thoughts on Alibaba? I'm down 200 out of a 1000 investment, if it goes -450 the app will cut my losses.

I wish I hadn't set it up that way as I'm afraid I see a huge drop ahead thanks to Trump's comments over the weekend and likely further comments on tariffs with China."

Don’t no much about them or Ali express these days, used them along time ago before drop shipping and affiliate sales was a thing, it was hard going but and risky but many of us made a lot of money but didn’t have the confidence to invest. I’d be looking where there growth is coming from China middle class / consumers or rest of the world

Grantham

"What's everyone's thoughts on Alibaba? I'm down 200 out of a 1000 investment, if it goes -450 the app will cut my losses.

I wish I hadn't set it up that way as I'm afraid I see a huge drop ahead thanks to Trump's comments over the weekend and likely further comments on tariffs with China."

Brave man for getting involved with China. Trump will now demonise China, as its now his only leverage for the upcoming election.

I wish I hadn't set it up that way as I'm afraid I see a huge drop ahead thanks to Trump's comments over the weekend and likely further comments on tariffs with China.

Brave man for getting involved with China. Trump will now demonise China, as its now his only leverage for the upcoming election. "

I have done well with it but since the weekend Trump has indicated his plans and I'm wondering whether anyone thinks it'll fall further or if I could get my money back before I do pull out, until November anyway.

I've set up a kik stock market group. Its very much for beginners if anyone wants to join.

Skilled investors will probably get bored or be unsatisfied fyi

Flutter entertainment.

Amazing how they have performed with no racing or sport on, has to be winner.

North Bucks

Facebook stock consistently up for me at the moment. Long story short some communication deal in India relating to WhatsApp.

North Bucks

"Flutter entertainment.

Amazing how they have performed with no racing or sport on, has to be winner."

Been looking at Disney following the release of their streaming service.

Dubai / Nottingham

Microsoft and Amazon are doing alright, drip feeding those babies.

Dubai / Nottingham

"I've set up a kik stock market group. Its very much for beginners if anyone wants to join.

Skilled investors will probably get bored or be unsatisfied fyi "

I doubt there’s any skilled investors posting on here I would join if it was on WhatsApp

I like cmc markets and plus500 both make money whether markets and commodities go up or down in fact the more turmoil the better for them.

North Bucks

Been tracking AMD since the post on here. They are up well. Maybe some legs long term.

Dubai / Nottingham

"Been tracking AMD since the post on here. They are up well. Maybe some legs long term. "

How are you doing on it ? Good luck , I decided not to buy into AMD just yet. To be honest I only hold about 6 stocks currently, Amazon, Microsoft, Auto-trader and a couple others I’m connected to, but I’m watching AMD. Was also hoping for some IPO this year but it’s highly unlikely now

North Bucks

"Been tracking AMD since the post on here. They are up well. Maybe some legs long term.

How are you doing on it ? Good luck , I decided not to buy into AMD just yet. To be honest I only hold about 6 stocks currently, Amazon, Microsoft, Auto-trader and a couple others I’m connected to, but I’m watching AMD. Was also hoping for some IPO this year but it’s highly unlikely now "

Been as high as £49 but today a magnificent 11 pence. For me the long game with this one so I’m not worried.

Facebook has been the most consistent. The WhatsApp deal in India and Portal rollout is a good sign.

Dubai / Nottingham

Since this thread started 8weeks ago

Amazon - 27.6% growth

Microsoft - 23% growth

Follow your instincts not the experts

Dubai / Nottingham

"Been tracking AMD since the post on here. They are up well. Maybe some legs long term. "

Pleased I didn't buy AMD stock, doing about the same as UK ISA’s

North Bucks

"Since this thread started 8weeks ago

Amazon - 27.6% growth

Microsoft - 23% growth

"

Sitting pretty with Facebook and Amazon.

Got Shell sat gathering dust though.

Dubai / Nottingham

Amazon - 27.6% growth

Microsoft - 23% growth

"

The gift that keeps giving...

Today

Amazon up 35.4%

Microsoft 24.54

I am really not sure about gas and oil , I know these are deemed “too big to fail” but my instincts tell me not to sink money into fossil fuels especially when innovations in auto are ramping up and solar and other innovations in Africa are starting to look good. Everyone saying they will recover are speaking from vested interest, no one on the cutting edge of solar inverter tech is saying this.

North Bucks

Amazon - 27.6% growth

Microsoft - 23% growth

Today

Amazon up 35.4%

Microsoft 24.54

I am really not sure about gas and oil , I know these are deemed “too big to fail” but my instincts tell me not to sink money into fossil fuels especially when innovations in auto are ramping up and solar and other innovations in Africa are starting to look good. Everyone saying they will recover are speaking from vested interest, no one on the cutting edge of solar inverter tech is saying this.

"

Facebook up 24.12

My AMD went up 4.15 so used my free trade to get rid.

I wish I had put everything in Amazon now but I like to spread the risk.

Dubai / Nottingham

Amazon - 27.6% growth

Microsoft - 23% growth

Today

Amazon up 35.4%

Microsoft 24.54

Facebook up 24.12

I wish I had put everything in Amazon now but I like to spread the risk. "

What are you using ? With revolut fees are just $1.23 per trade

North Bucks

Amazon - 27.6% growth

Microsoft - 23% growth

Today

Amazon up 35.4%

Microsoft 24.54

Facebook up 24.12

I wish I had put everything in Amazon now but I like to spread the risk.

What are you using ? With revolut fees are just $1.23 per trade "

Revolut Metal.

Grantham

Good work there!

Its a bit up and down at the moment. If we could get the US to sort their crap out, then we could see oil stocks rising. Brent resolutely stuck on 41-43 dollars pb at the moment.

My fave at the moment is a UK oil stock. Union Jack Oil. Its a punt but they have seen a gradual rise and are a well funded and well run company.

Dubai / Nottingham

"Good work there!

Its a bit up and down at the moment. If we could get the US to sort their crap out, then we could see oil stocks rising. Brent resolutely stuck on 41-43 dollars pb at the moment.

My fave at the moment is a UK oil stock. Union Jack Oil. Its a punt but they have seen a gradual rise and are a well funded and well run company. "

Diesel price has such an adverse effect on big multi year contracts , and generators are such a filthy way to provide power to the off-grid world and source if so much theft and corruption it has to go, everyone know it, it’s just going to take time. If I was invested heavily I’d be looking for the right time to get out

Grantham

There's a lot of research going on into Hydrogen technology right now.

Going to be an area thats got massive potential.

North Bucks

Just got an email from Revolut they are now allowing you to buy Silver from their platform.

Dubai / Nottingham

"Just got an email from Revolut they are now allowing you to buy Silver from their platform. "

Yes gold and silver under commodities section. I think it takes the fun out of it , if it’s for preserving pension capital against a crash there are better VAT free options in the uk

Dubai / Nottingham

Amazon was growing well before the crash of 2018 and then doing nothing and like most stock it bounced in mid March making a lot of people very rich.

But it’s growth didn’t just recover to pre COVID rates, it’s accelerated now back where it would have been if Oct 2017 - Oct 2018 trend had continued.

Today up 6.5% this week up 3.25% past month up 19.42%.

How long can this continue ?

"Amazon was growing well before the crash of 2018 and then doing nothing and like most stock it bounced in mid March making a lot of people very rich.

But it’s growth didn’t just recover to pre COVID rates, it’s accelerated now back where it would have been if Oct 2017 - Oct 2018 trend had continued.

"

Amazon has been yo-yoing the past week, whilst the figures are still green it’s swinging between $2900 - $3200ish (numbers rounded off) who knows where it’s going to go, I think it might enter a correction period under $3000 then rise again.

Alongside amazon I’ve put into Aston Martin which has had a nice bit of growth and the global clean energy ETF which I plan to hold long term.

The market has been a minefield since March, I put into moderna and a couple of oil companies but have since sold.

The most surprising 3 month movements are from Tesla for a company that barely breaks even to be the most valuable car manufacturer has got to be a red flag for long term investment, the highs and lows recently have been brutal

Dubai / Nottingham

"Amazon was growing well before the crash of 2018 and then doing nothing and like most stock it bounced in mid March making a lot of people very rich.

Amazon has been yo-yoing the past week, whilst the figures are still green it’s swinging between $2900 - $3200ish (numbers rounded off) who knows where it’s going to go, I think it might enter a correction period under $3000 then rise again.

Alongside amazon I’ve put into Aston Martin which has had a nice bit of growth and the global clean energy ETF which I plan to hold long term.

The market has been a minefield since March, I put into moderna and a couple of oil companies but have since sold.

The most surprising 3 month movements are from Tesla for a company that barely breaks even to be the most valuable car manufacturer has got to be a red flag for long term investment, the highs and lows recently have been brutal "

I don’t think Tesla make cars, you must be mistaken

It’s brutal alright for a reason , today is better though and the future is....feeling quite energised

"Been tracking AMD since the post on here. They are up well. Maybe some legs long term.

How are you doing on it ? Good luck , I decided not to buy into AMD just yet. To be honest I only hold about 6 stocks currently, Amazon, Microsoft, Auto-trader and a couple others I’m connected to, but I’m watching AMD. Was also hoping for some IPO this year but it’s highly unlikely now

Been as high as £49 but today a magnificent 11 pence. For me the long game with this one so I’m not worried.

Facebook has been the most consistent. The WhatsApp deal in India and Portal rollout is a good sign. "

I hope you kept hold of AMD,$85.04 yesterday.I can see them reaching $100 billion market cap before the end of this year.

"How much would you say a decent punt would be? "

Anything else just seems a little pointless

Dubai / Nottingham

So when NYSE opens at 2:30 today I’ll be out of this little experiment, it’s been fun but tbh stocks are for people with too much money and no creativity. Things are looking like they will begin to rebalance so it’s out while I’m up, just under a grand profit in four months will do nicely for a holiday

Amazon up 26.7% (17/04 $2381)

Microsoft up 21.9% (21/04 $171, 24/04 $172.6)

Dubai / Nottingham

"How much would you say a decent punt would be?

Anything else just seems a little pointless"

Like with any gambling, stake is the amount that you are happy to lose, otherwise you need psychiatric help

North Bucks

"So when NYSE opens at 2:30 today I’ll be out of this little experiment, it’s been fun but tbh stocks are for people with too much money and no creativity. Things are looking like they will begin to rebalance so it’s out while I’m up, just under a grand profit in four months will do nicely for a holiday

"

Be interested to hear what you do next. I’m going in on another buy to let I have sat and watched and feel it’s the right time.

Keeping my shares ticking away though.

Dubai / Nottingham

"So when NYSE opens at 2:30 today I’ll be out of this little experiment, it’s been fun but tbh stocks are for people with too much money and no creativity. Things are looking like they will begin to rebalance so it’s out while I’m up, just under a grand profit in four months will do nicely for a holiday

Be interested to hear what you do next. I’m going in on another buy to let I have sat and watched and feel it’s the right time.

Keeping my shares ticking away though. "

I’ll have the occasional punt on stocks I understand short and long but not significant amounts.

I’m holding on to some Tesla , a bit like premium bonds, I’m hoping in the next 2-3 years he disrupts the super capacitor / fuel cell markets and my 5grand becomes 50grand, but if it shrinks to 500 quid it’s not the end of the world.

Other than that I’m looking into art, metals and like you property, staycation markets creating some good opportunities

North Bucks

I’ll have the occasional punt on stocks I understand short and long but not significant amounts.

I’m holding on to some Tesla , a bit like premium bonds, I’m hoping in the next 2-3 years he disrupts the super capacitor / fuel cell markets and my 5grand becomes 50grand, but if it shrinks to 500 quid it’s not the end of the world.

Other than that I’m looking into art, metals and like you property, staycation markets creating some good opportunities

"

Friend has a second home in Kent. Complete renovation during the lockdown and it’s now booked up for staycations till next summer. It’s a very good idea with the right property.

Nikola corporation has been awesome this week, sold off amazon and jumped this

I jumped in a day early the night before earnings were released, still up 20% though so it’s all good.

Ishares global clean energy fund is also doing well

Dubai / Nottingham

Friend has a second home in Kent. Complete renovation during the lockdown and it’s now booked up for staycations till next summer. It’s a very good idea with the right property. "

Agreed and UK heatwaves becoming more common. Just about every decent cottage in the Peak District is fully booked up now.....all that is left is crappy student flats (get out of that) the real growth in these markets is not just rentals - rental+experience

Dubai / Nottingham

"Nikola corporation has been awesome this week, sold off amazon and jumped this

I jumped in a day early the night before earnings were released, still up 20% though so it’s all good.

Ishares global clean energy fund is also doing well "

I’m smiling watching amazon and Microsoft , for once I made perfect timing .

» Add a new message to this topic