FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Guess what.....he lied, shocker

Guess what.....he lied, shocker

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/05/20 21:53:20]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

https://youtu.be/0s-zsPRhcwc

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/13/brexit-will-mean-checks-on-goods-crossing-irish-sea-government-admits

By *emptd2Man  over a year ago

Wimbledon & Birmingham

We knew this already.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"https://youtu.be/0s-zsPRhcwc

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/13/brexit-will-mean-checks-on-goods-crossing-irish-sea-government-admits"

So no border in ireland but a border between the uk and belfast has gerry Adam's taken over the negotiations?

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Nothing new here.. move along

"Nothing new here.. move along "

Ha ha Tom....you do like being lied to

So Tom, at the time he said it, you knew he was lying but was fine with it??

Chelmsford

"So Tom, at the time he said it, you knew he was lying but was fine with it?? "

I am not going to argue or undermine this thread Belle and Sebastian.. it's your thread...

I actually like your posts..

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

I think it would be more newsworthy if he actually told the truth once in a while.

The bj fan club do seem to have been a bit quiet recently.

Just curious. Gonna be an interesting few years ahead. Well, let's just hope we all stay well enough to see what happens!

"Just curious. Gonna be an interesting few years ahead. Well, let's just hope we all stay well enough to see what happens! "

We know what will happen though.

The people who funded Brexit leave campaigns will get extremely rich (if they haven't already). And everyone else will suffer.

"Just curious. Gonna be an interesting few years ahead. Well, let's just hope we all stay well enough to see what happens!

The people who funded Brexit leave campaigns will get extremely rich (if they haven't already). And everyone else will suffer."

And get dual nationality....hasn't Boris's old man applied for French citizenship...??

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

bore off FFS

Chelmsford

"Just curious. Gonna be an interesting few years ahead. Well, let's just hope we all stay well enough to see what happens!

The people who funded Brexit leave campaigns will get extremely rich (if they haven't already). And everyone else will suffer.

And get dual nationality....hasn't Boris's old man applied for French citizenship...??"

You mean Le Boris.

We are all European.. why should he not ?

And get dual nationality....hasn't Boris's old man applied for French citizenship...??

You mean Le Boris.

We are all European.. why should he not ?"

Well, slightly hypocritical to deny others the right though...no??

"bore off FFS"

Thanks for your crucial addition to the debate.

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

"I think it would be more newsworthy if he actually told the truth once in a while.

The bj fan club do seem to have been a bit quiet recently."

After the recent PMQs and announcements, I'd be quiet too!

By *ountry Couple 997Couple  over a year ago

Newry

People believed boris and the rest of them like Ress Moge the man that said Brexit will be great while moving his company HQ to Ireland .

Boris would say it is raining outside when it is sun if he thought it would help him politically

Little boris. His inefficiency combined with his lies will end badly for him and the UK. And also for conservatives.

The saddest thing is that there are lots of people who still believe him.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/13/brexit-will-mean-checks-on-goods-crossing-irish-sea-government-admits"

I am sure that the Northern Ireland haulage industry can cope with this. It is simply clearance facilities at three ports Belfàst , Larne and Warrenpoint.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/13/brexit-will-mean-checks-on-goods-crossing-irish-sea-government-admits I am sure that the Northern Ireland haulage industry can cope with this. It is simply clearance facilities at three ports Belfàst , Larne and Warrenpoint. "

All very well for you Patrick, think u said u were from there so as an irish passport holder you'll be ok.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/13/brexit-will-mean-checks-on-goods-crossing-irish-sea-government-admits I am sure that the Northern Ireland haulage industry can cope with this. It is simply clearance facilities at three ports Belfàst , Larne and Warrenpoint. "

Extra red tape, extra bureaucracy, slower transport, more time and money wasted.

Another brexit benefit

https://www.ft.com/content/6cf7bba6-598f-11ea-abe5-8e03987b7b20

Hmm,could of been spent on nurses maybe?? Brexit bonanza....said nobody

You are missing the point anyway, he categorically said it would not happen. Are you another one who enjoys being lied to??

Chelmsford

Belle and Sebastian, if you expect politicians to be honest then you will always be disappointed. These threads are beginning to take over your lives. Set new goals. Run on different routes. Plan to change your training methods. Take up a new hobby. Try golf, bowls or bridge. This Boris, EU thing is a stick you beat yourselves with. Be happy and enjoy the sun.

"Belle and Sebastian, if you expect politicians to be honest then you will always be disappointed. These threads are beginning to take over your lives. Set new goals. Run on different routes. Plan to change your training methods. Take up a new hobby. Try golf, bowls or bridge. This Boris, EU thing is a stick you beat yourselves with. Be happy and enjoy the sun. "

Tom, I'm fine. Don't worry about me. Worry where this is all leading.....you should. Look how things turn out when lies become normality. They want you to look away Tom, and you are.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/13/brexit-will-mean-checks-on-goods-crossing-irish-sea-government-admits I am sure that the Northern Ireland haulage industry can cope with this. It is simply clearance facilities at three ports Belfàst , Larne and Warrenpoint.

You are missing the point anyway, he categorically said it would not happen. Are you another one who enjoys being lied to??"

However the checks would appear to relate to live animals and agrifood. A Cabinet Office spokesman confirms that certain checks already happen at ports like Larne and Belfast.

Our of interest have you moved freight through any of these ports recently?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/13/brexit-will-mean-checks-on-goods-crossing-irish-sea-government-admits I am sure that the Northern Ireland haulage industry can cope with this. It is simply clearance facilities at three ports Belfàst , Larne and Warrenpoint.

You are missing the point anyway, he categorically said it would not happen. Are you another one who enjoys being lied to?? However the checks would appear to relate to live animals and agrifood. A Cabinet Office spokesman confirms that certain checks already happen at ports like Larne and Belfast.

Our of interest have you moved freight through any of these ports recently? "

And here we go, this is how we got into this situation. Twist it, change it, yeah but no but....so the 50,000 extra border staff, how does that sit with your less bureaucracy mantra?

No, because I'm not into exporting or importing but The Irish Times is reporting this morning that the British Government has said that 'delivery on that infrastructure needs to start as soon as possible'. Seems strange if it's just something they do anyway??

Still, we could sit here all day, me saying the sky is blue and you would trip over yourself to say it's green. The mental gymnastics you people are gonna have to do to deny reality is gonna be astounding in the coming years

There has always been checks on livestock it's how we kept foot and mouth out of northern Ireland

It's amusing to watch as everything leavers labelled as "project fear" happen in reality, and then look at the excuses. Or the "we knew what we were voting for".

"It's amusing to watch as everything leavers labelled as "project fear" happen in reality, and then look at the excuses. Or the "we knew what we were voting for". "

Poorer food standards is the next one with the US trade deal....'I wanted shit, processed, pumped with god knows what, meat...honest, I did'..

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

"It's amusing to watch as everything leavers labelled as "project fear" happen in reality, and then look at the excuses. Or the "we knew what we were voting for".

Poorer food standards is the next one with the US trade deal....'I wanted shit, processed, pumped with god knows what, meat...honest, I did'.."

The chlorinated chicken was something that came up in one of Johnson's few PMQs before Covid. Again it was putting responsibility on the public - he said something along the lines of "We don't need to ban it, if it's that bad people won't buy it". Except if it's cheap enough, people WILL buy it. Proof? Supermarket own brand budget sausages are a thing.

I'm quite happy to eat American chlorine washed chicken, with my EU chlorine washed salad, whilst drinking chlorine treated UK tap water before I go for a swim in a chlorinated swimming pool. Yes chlorine can be dangerous but not in every single form or use.

"I'm quite happy to eat American chlorine washed chicken, with my EU chlorine washed salad, whilst drinking chlorine treated UK tap water before I go for a swim in a chlorinated swimming pool. Yes chlorine can be dangerous but not in every single form or use. "

On cue...

Lewisham

Do you know why they have wash the chicken in chlorine?

"I'm quite happy to eat American chlorine washed chicken, with my EU chlorine washed salad, whilst drinking chlorine treated UK tap water before I go for a swim in a chlorinated swimming pool. Yes chlorine can be dangerous but not in every single form or use.

On cue..."

Yep, got a problem with me giving you a fact?

"Do you know why they have wash the chicken in chlorine?"

Yes I do. As a precaution against any residual bacterial contamination from the processing chain. Same as they do for some salads.

"I'm quite happy to eat American chlorine washed chicken, with my EU chlorine washed salad, whilst drinking chlorine treated UK tap water before I go for a swim in a chlorinated swimming pool. Yes chlorine can be dangerous but not in every single form or use. "

What about beef and dairy pumped full of growth hormones?

Lewisham

"Do you know why they have wash the chicken in chlorine?

Yes I do. As a precaution against any residual bacterial contamination from the processing chain. Same as they do for some salads."

That's only half the story. The welfare and hygiene standards are medieval which allows them to keep production costs so low.

"I'm quite happy to eat American chlorine washed chicken, with my EU chlorine washed salad, whilst drinking chlorine treated UK tap water before I go for a swim in a chlorinated swimming pool. Yes chlorine can be dangerous but not in every single form or use.

What about beef and dairy pumped full of growth hormones?"

Depends entirely on what hormones and how the product is processed. These are often rendered inert during cooking or processing. Please don't kid yourself there aren't less desirable contamination elements in UK and EU produced food as well. Plus, you are kind of overlooking the fact there are 330 million people that eat food that meets American food standards every single day (not including exports).

What about beef and dairy pumped full of growth hormones?

Depends entirely on what hormones and how the product is processed. These are often rendered inert during cooking or processing. Please don't kid yourself there aren't less desirable contamination elements in UK and EU produced food as well. Plus, you are kind of overlooking the fact there are 330 million people that eat food that meets American food standards every single day (not including exports). "

If you are genuinely interested in American food safety standards, the effects of hormones in beef and dairy products. You could read Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser.

There are serious health implications for eating this shit. These millions of Americans eating this stuff has a massive amount of problems.

The meat and dairy producing industry in the states funds both political parties over there, so they have very little in the way of standards.

Yes I do. As a precaution against any residual bacterial contamination from the processing chain. Same as they do for some salads.

That's only half the story. The welfare and hygiene standards are medieval which allows them to keep production costs so low."

Then don't buy it. The US is also quite capable of producing very high quality products. Same as the UK, we have bargain basement cheap food (think mechanically recovered meat) and high end luxury products, all produced domestically.

[Removed by poster at 15/05/20 11:05:28]

That's only half the story. The welfare and hygiene standards are medieval which allows them to keep production costs so low.

Then don't buy it. The US is also quite capable of producing very high quality products. Same as the UK, we have bargain basement cheap food (think mechanically recovered meat) and high end luxury products, all produced domestically."

Mechanically recovered meat, is not unsafe to eat in the same way as growth hormones (which you falsely claim are rendered inert through cooking).

When the government removes the EU "red tape" of the country of origin on food packaging, how will people know where their food comes from, how will people who eat in restaurants know?

This is not just a personal problem that can be solved with "Then don't buy it". This is just another negative aspect of Brexit that was labelled "project fear" by leavers, that you're now trying to argue is:

A) Fine, nothing to see here, move along.

B) What we wanted.

C) Insert bullshit excuse

Lewisham

"Then don't buy it. The US is also quite capable of producing very high quality products. Same as the UK, we have bargain basement cheap food (think mechanically recovered meat) and high end luxury products, all produced domestically."

I won't buy it, but I shouldn't have the option available to me. That's the issue, the government won't take the responsibility for it, they just push it onto the public.

Plus, what are the cheap imports going to do to our farmers...

You are missing the point anyway, he categorically said it would not happen. Are you another one who enjoys being lied to?? However the checks would appear to relate to live animals and agrifood. A Cabinet Office spokesman confirms that certain checks already happen at ports like Larne and Belfast.

And here we go, this is how we got into this situation. Twist it, change it, yeah but no but....so the 50,000 extra border staff, how does that sit with your less bureaucracy mantra?

No, because I'm not into exporting or importing but The Irish Times is reporting this morning that the British Government has said that 'delivery on that infrastructure needs to start as soon as possible'. Seems strange if it's just something they do anyway??

Still, we could sit here all day, me saying the sky is blue and you would trip over yourself to say it's green. The mental gymnastics you people are gonna have to do to deny reality is gonna be astounding in the coming years "

Hi . In view of the numerous checks already in place on livestock we may have the opportunity to become more efficient , See copy of an article below .

There is an opportunity to use technology to optimise many of the procedures livestock farmers are currently mandated to perform. These improvements will provide significant savings in time and effort for farmers and transporters of livestock, as well as relevant government agencies, and help reduce the impact of new procedures such as customs declarations:

The use of mobile technology will allow farmers to perform many of their administration tasks ‘in the field’, freeing up time currently spent in the back office and allowing them to spend more time attending to their livestock

Digitising today’s physical documents will reduce time and cost by removing the need to print and manually handle documents such as veterinary certificates, transport sheets and livestock medical records

Digitisation paves the way to efficiently exchange data with government agencies where processing and checking can be automated, driving operational efficiency and enabling improved risk assessment capabilities

Strengthened ‘identity’ management using DNA testing, location verification (association livestock with the farm holding) and other security mechanisms, all stored electronically on secure ear tags, will significantly reduce the potential for fraud, protecting legitimate farmers and their markets

Then don't buy it. The US is also quite capable of producing very high quality products. Same as the UK, we have bargain basement cheap food (think mechanically recovered meat) and high end luxury products, all produced domestically.

Mechanically recovered meat, is not unsafe to eat in the same way as growth hormones (which you falsely claim are rendered inert through cooking).

When the government removes the EU "red tape" of the country of origin on food packaging, how will people know where their food comes from, how will people who eat in restaurants know?

This is not just a personal problem that can be solved with "Then don't buy it". This is just another negative aspect of Brexit that was labelled "project fear" by leavers, that you're now trying to argue is:

B) What we wanted.

C) Insert bullshit excuse"

What I actually said was it depends on what hormone and how it's prepared. Some hormones thermally degrade, some don't (cooking) some that are thermally stable are degraded via oxidizers (think some curing processes).

You are also basing your argument on an assumption. "When the government removes the EU red tape". It hasn't and there is nothing concrete yet that suggests they are going to.

It is also exactly something that can be solved by personal choice. The US is acutely capitalist, they will sell what they can to anyone that will buy it. If you don't buy it, they will find something else to sell you.

Still, we could sit here all day, me saying the sky is blue and you would trip over yourself to say it's green. The mental gymnastics you people are gonna have to do to deny reality is gonna be astounding in the coming years Hi . In view of the numerous checks already in place on livestock we may have the opportunity to become more efficient , See copy of an article below .

There is an opportunity to use technology to optimise many of the procedures livestock farmers are currently mandated to perform. These improvements will provide significant savings in time and effort for farmers and transporters of livestock, as well as relevant government agencies, and help reduce the impact of new procedures such as customs declarations:

The use of mobile technology will allow farmers to perform many of their administration tasks ‘in the field’, freeing up time currently spent in the back office and allowing them to spend more time attending to their livestock

Digitising today’s physical documents will reduce time and cost by removing the need to print and manually handle documents such as veterinary certificates, transport sheets and livestock medical records

Digitisation paves the way to efficiently exchange data with government agencies where processing and checking can be automated, driving operational efficiency and enabling improved risk assessment capabilities

Strengthened ‘identity’ management using DNA testing, location verification (association livestock with the farm holding) and other security mechanisms, all stored electronically on secure ear tags, will significantly reduce the potential for fraud, protecting legitimate farmers and their markets"

Ah, the famous 'technological solition' the one that was easy but we just can't tell you what it is. That one??

B) What we wanted.

C) Insert bullshit excuse

What I actually said was it depends on what hormone and how it's prepared. Some hormones thermally degrade, some don't (cooking) some that are thermally stable are degraded via oxidizers (think some curing processes).

You are also basing your argument on an assumption. "When the government removes the EU red tape". It hasn't and there is nothing concrete yet that suggests they are going to.

It is also exactly something that can be solved by personal choice. The US is acutely capitalist, they will sell what they can to anyone that will buy it. If you don't buy it, they will find something else to sell you."

* If you don't buy it they will change the legislation/packaging/marketing/etc so that you do buy it.

Come on, the trade deals like this always have conditions attached designed to make sure that the products being imported will sell. Why on earth would the allow country of origin to remain on the packaging if it stops rational people from buying the food!

Here's a Brexit formula for you:

Project Fear + Time = Reality.

I still don't see any argument in favour changing legislation to allow less safe food to be sold in the UK. I am open to being convinced.

The really sick part of using chlorine is it allows serious animal abuses, overbroad chickens, birds not able to stand, chickens covered in excrement, any thing to squeeze a few more dollars profit is acceptable because a good wash in chlorine will clean everything up. As for using growth hormones well common sense says that's a pretty stupid idea so it's no wonder Ireland and europe wants the uk ringfenced.

Still, we could sit here all day, me saying the sky is blue and you would trip over yourself to say it's green. The mental gymnastics you people are gonna have to do to deny reality is gonna be astounding in the coming years Hi . In view of the numerous checks already in place on livestock we may have the opportunity to become more efficient , See copy of an article below .

Strengthened ‘identity’ management using DNA testing, location verification (association livestock with the farm holding) and other security mechanisms, all stored electronically on secure ear tags, will significantly reduce the potential for fraud, protecting legitimate farmers and their markets"

Ha ha ha.... Pat’s brave new world.... chemical coated, digitised, colour corrected.... well I guess that’s the end of slow food and organics.... unless you are rich?

This rhubarb was copied and pasted from a website called Brexit Central. Which is a website with an agenda. Hardly somewhere to find impartial information.

Chelmsford

If I went to America I would not think twice about eating chicken.. people worry too much...

Chelmsford

"Plus, what are the cheap imports going to do to our farmers..."

Well the EU is a rigged market imo

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

You mean Le Boris.

We are all European.. why should he not ?

Well, slightly hypocritical to deny others the right though...no??"

Well not quite so hypocritical as Johnson's father, like his sister and brother, are well known to be anti-BREXIT and pro-Remain.

"Plus, what are the cheap imports going to do to our farmers...

Well the EU is a rigged market imo"

Eh? Yeah, it protects its own markets, including ours.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Yes, I'm sure the people and in particular the haulage industry in Northern Ireland is looking forward with growth enthusiasm for a load of unnecessary bureaucracy between themselves and their customers. It's just what every business wants and needs on the back of the Covid financial crisis.

"If I went to America I would not think twice about eating chicken.. people worry too much..."

This 100% tells us something about you. While telling us precisely zero about the food safety standards in the States.

Strengthened ‘identity’ management using DNA testing, location verification (association livestock with the farm holding) and other security mechanisms, all stored electronically on secure ear tags, will significantly reduce the potential for fraud, protecting legitimate farmers and their markets

This rhubarb was copied and pasted from a website called Brexit Central. Which is a website with an agenda. Hardly somewhere to find impartial information.

"

And theres me thinking pat had come up with this himself.

Chelmsford

Eh? Yeah, it protects its own markets, including ours."

Well it used to

Chelmsford

In fact I regularly eat imported USDA beef from USA..

Delicious.

Well it used to"

Tom, Google Patrick Mimford. He is the Brexiteers economist of choice. See what he said about the effect Brexit would have on British farming.

Minford , correction.

Chelmsford

"Minford , correction."

Blimey Belle or Sebastian. I can only assume that you are schoolteachers. You keep setting me homework. I have not even done the PQM homework yet. I Google it and I just get a load of companies.

It's exhausting on your threads but experts are two a penny. Some for, some against.

I guess you are both high flying city types but relax and smell the roses. You worry far too much

"Minford , correction.

Blimey Belle or Sebastian. I can only assume that you are schoolteachers. You keep setting me homework. I have not even done the PQM homework yet. I Google it and I just get a load of companies.

It's exhausting on your threads but experts are two a penny. Some for, some against.

I guess you are both high flying city types but relax and smell the roses. You worry far too much "

Not at all Tom. I just rely on facts an evidence, rather than feelings. I'm on rubbish money, but secure. I just care about those that are not. PMQ's is

Prime minister's Questions....happens every Wednesday. You should go when this is all over. It's free, it's your right to see democracy in action.

Well it used to

Tom, Google Patrick Mimford. He is the Brexiteers economist of choice. See what he said about the effect Brexit would have on British farming."

I think tom may be the guy using the fork with his soup, he doesn't believe an expert saying a spoon would be better

Lewisham

He's lied AGAIN at PMQs but it's only just come out. Told parliament on Wednesday “We brought in the lockdown in care homes ahead of the general lockdown.”

Reuters have investigated the claims and found that there was no lockdown in care homes. Just minor changes in advice to homes about who should visit.

Lying to get yourself elected is one thing. Lying twice to cover your arse when being asked about 10,000 unexplained deaths?

Still, nice hair. You voted for him Tom. I hope you sleep well at night.

Lewisham

Source: https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-britain-carehomes-idUKKBN22R1NA

Don't blame Tom. Blame the people who convinced Tom that Brexit and Boris were a good idea. They think Tom is thick, he isn't.

liverpool

"He's lied AGAIN at PMQs but it's only just come out. Told parliament on Wednesday “We brought in the lockdown in care homes ahead of the general lockdown.”

Reuters have investigated the claims and found that there was no lockdown in care homes. Just minor changes in advice to homes about who should visit.

Lying to get yourself elected is one thing. Lying twice to cover your arse when being asked about 10,000 unexplained deaths?

Still, nice hair. You voted for him Tom. I hope you sleep well at night."

Sad thing is .people wont give a fuck.

"Minford , correction.

I guess you are both high flying city types but relax and smell the roses. You worry far too much

Not at all Tom. I just rely on facts an evidence, rather than feelings. I'm on rubbish money, but secure. I just care about those that are not. PMQ's is

Prime minister's Questions....happens every Wednesday. You should go when this is all over. It's free, it's your right to see democracy in action. "

In fairness to Tom, he did say that he doesn't give a fuck how much the government lies to him and fucks him over. As long as the PM has a snazzy hair do.

"In fact I regularly eat imported USDA beef from USA..

Delicious. "

Probably explains a lot about you

"He's lied AGAIN at PMQs but it's only just come out. Told parliament on Wednesday “We brought in the lockdown in care homes ahead of the general lockdown.”

Still, nice hair. You voted for him Tom. I hope you sleep well at night."

However, no matter how you answer the question the fact remains the those in care homes are the most vulnerable and sadly the most likely to die . You cannot blame the government or for that matter care homes for deaths. Does it matter whether it was minor changes or full lockdown. ? It simply illustrates that action was taken to prevent unnecessary death. That is hardly a lie.

We can be fairly certain that the British public are more than capable of passing judgement on Boris Johnson.

The only judgement day that counts was December 12 th. The result and judgement was self explanatory.

Still, nice hair. You voted for him Tom. I hope you sleep well at night. However, no matter how you answer the question the fact remains the those in care homes are the most vulnerable and sadly the most likely to die . You cannot blame the government or for that matter care homes for deaths. Does it matter whether it was minor changes or full lockdown. ? It simply illustrates that action was taken to prevent unnecessary death. That is hardly a lie.

We can be fairly certain that the British public are more than capable of passing judgement on Boris Johnson.

The only judgement day that counts was December 12 th. The result and judgement was self explanatory. "

You appear to be suggesting judgement on Boris Johnson's response to the Covid-19 pandemic was made prior to the pandemic.

This is my favourite pro-Tory nonsense so far.

Do you really not give a fuck about people in care homes dying of Covid-19, or are you just suggesting this for maximum shock value?

Lewisham

Does he actually have to kill someone with his own hands before you'll accept he might have done something wrong?

He was put in a difficult position on Wednesday and lied twice to get out of it. A generation ago that would have led to a minister resigning. Sadly there's no honour left. The man is a proven liar and a charlatan and has now overseen a car crash that has killed thousands.

Glad you got what you wanted for Christmas though. I hope you sleep well too.

Still, nice hair. You voted for him Tom. I hope you sleep well at night. However, no matter how you answer the question the fact remains the those in care homes are the most vulnerable and sadly the most likely to die . You cannot blame the government or for that matter care homes for deaths. Does it matter whether it was minor changes or full lockdown. ? It simply illustrates that action was taken to prevent unnecessary death. That is hardly a lie.

The only judgement day that counts was December 12 th. The result and judgement was self explanatory.

You appear to be suggesting judgement on Boris Johnson's response to the Covid-19 pandemic was made prior to the pandemic.

Do you really not give a fuck about people in care homes dying of Covid-19, or are you just suggesting this for maximum shock value?"

My guess is that I probably care more about those in care homes than you do. I am in touch with carers on a daily basis so hopefully have first hand knowledge of the problems faced.

The difference is that I would not use a crisis of this nature in an attempt to score political points. It is a world wise crisis and is not unique to the UK.

We can simply ignore those who think that they would have made the correct decisions with the benefit of hindsight.

"Does he actually have to kill someone with his own hands before you'll accept he might have done something wrong?

He was put in a difficult position on Wednesday and lied twice to get out of it. A generation ago that would have led to a minister resigning. Sadly there's no honour left. The man is a proven liar and a charlatan and has now overseen a car crash that has killed thousands.

Glad you got what you wanted for Christmas though. I hope you sleep well too."

If you thought that you had a better approach you should have contacted the government at the start of the crisis and told them how to handle it

Chelmsford

I might not be the brightest but I have some compassion and empathy..

Every death is a tradgedy..

People can often no longer attend the funerals of their loved ones.

Some die with no loved ones..

My experience tells me to treasure your loved ones, never be afraid to tell them how much you love them for one day it might be too late..

Lewisham

"My guess is that I probably care more about those in care homes than you do. I am in touch with carers on a daily basis so hopefully have first hand knowledge of the problems faced."

"I'm not racist, I know black people"

Do you really not give a fuck about people in care homes dying of Covid-19, or are you just suggesting this for maximum shock value? My guess is that I probably care more about those in care homes than you do. I am in touch with carers on a daily basis so hopefully have first hand knowledge of the problems faced.

The difference is that I would not use a crisis of this nature in an attempt to score political points. It is a world wise crisis and is not unique to the UK.

We can simply ignore those who think that they would have made the correct decisions with the benefit of hindsight.

"

So you see the first hand problems, and you're aware of the disproportionately high death toll in the UK from Covid-19. And yet you still label and questioning of the governments response as "political point scoring".

For whom do you think I am trying to score these mysterious points?

How many people need to be dying per day before we're allowed to question the governments response?

Chelmsford

"Don't blame Tom. Blame the people who convinced Tom that Brexit and Boris were a good idea. They think Tom is thick, he isn't. "

I am flattered. Thank you.

People say some nasty things but one nice comment makes all the nasty ones dissolve..

Humanity exists in everyone, prising it out can be the tricky part...

Do you really not give a fuck about people in care homes dying of Covid-19, or are you just suggesting this for maximum shock value? My guess is that I probably care more about those in care homes than you do. I am in touch with carers on a daily basis so hopefully have first hand knowledge of the problems faced.

So you see the first hand problems, and you're aware of the disproportionately high death toll in the UK from Covid-19. And yet you still label and questioning of the governments response as "political point scoring".

How many people need to be dying per day before we're allowed to question the governments response? "

France, Belgium , Spain and Italy all have similar problems so the issue is hardly unique to the UK.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Do you really not give a fuck about people in care homes dying of Covid-19, or are you just suggesting this for maximum shock value?"

Pat reckons he is a volunteer in a care home..

The empathy of shrugging the shoulders must be heartwarming to the rest of the staff as they yet to deal with this complete shambles and ineptitude the elderly are having to face..

Lewisham

Hancock tonight. "Right from the start we've tried to throw a protective ring around our care homes. We set out our first advice in February... we've made sure care homes have the resources they need"

They're not even hiding it now. It was Goebbels & Hitler who started the strategy of making lies so big that the public wouldn't believe it could be untrue.

liverpool

How many people need to be dying per day before we're allowed to question the governments response? France, Belgium , Spain and Italy all have similar problems so the issue is hardly unique to the UK. "

They dont have pathological liars in charge.

How many people need to be dying per day before we're allowed to question the governments response? France, Belgium , Spain and Italy all have similar problems so the issue is hardly unique to the UK. "

So we shouldn't question the government because some other countries are nearly as bad as us?

It's still not cutting the mustard with me.

As a voting citizen of the UK, I retain the right to criticise the governments decisions.

If over 30,000 people dying doesn't make you wonder WTF is going on, and want to question the government. Then they did an excellent job on you.

Has anyone questioned whether Pat is in touch with carers every day because they might just be looking after him? I have often wondered if he is challenged in some way? When he put photos up in a previous incarnation he always seemed to be wearing very dark glasses....no sign of a stick though!

"Has anyone questioned whether Pat is in touch with carers every day because they might just be looking after him? I have often wondered if he is challenged in some way? When he put photos up in a previous incarnation he always seemed to be wearing very dark glasses....no sign of a stick though! "

Who is Pat? I often see people talking about him.

By *sussexyMan  over a year ago

Lewes

"France, Belgium , Spain and Italy all have similar problems so the issue is hardly unique to the UK. "

...and we had three weeks longer (about twice as long) to prepare for the onslaught. And still turned in a very similar performance. Probably worse, but the final results aren't in yet. It's like we used those extra weeks to train to be bad, not ready.

But of course we really used them to make sure that Boris's divorce was sorted out.

Sorry about the old people. But we said we had a plan for social care didn't we?

Oh - and sorry some not old people got caught up in it too. C'est la guerre.

"Has anyone questioned whether Pat is in touch with carers every day because they might just be looking after him? I have often wondered if he is challenged in some way? When he put photos up in a previous incarnation he always seemed to be wearing very dark glasses....no sign of a stick though!

Who is Pat? I often see people talking about him."

Pat has several profiles, god knows why, he is an avid daily fail reader, he reads 'specialist'magazines, he always copes and pastes, you will always recognize his dull monotone script. And the sunglasses.

"Has anyone questioned whether Pat is in touch with carers every day because they might just be looking after him? I have often wondered if he is challenged in some way? When he put photos up in a previous incarnation he always seemed to be wearing very dark glasses....no sign of a stick though!

Who is Pat? I often see people talking about him.

Pat has several profiles, god knows why, he is an avid daily fail reader, he reads 'specialist'magazines, he always copes and pastes, you will always recognize his dull monotone script. And the sunglasses."

Ah yes the guy who copied and pasted some propaganda from the brexit central website earlier on.

"France, Belgium , Spain and Italy all have similar problems so the issue is hardly unique to the UK.

...and we had three weeks longer (about twice as long) to prepare for the onslaught. And still turned in a very similar performance. Probably worse, but the final results aren't in yet. It's like we used those extra weeks to train to be bad, not ready.

But of course we really used them to make sure that Boris's divorce was sorted out.

Sorry about the old people. But we said we had a plan for social care didn't we?

Oh - and sorry some not old people got caught up in it too. C'est la guerre."

I think you will find that no matter which government were in charge the end result would be very similar. They would have taken advice from the same organisations which are supposedly non political. All those who choose to criticise the government are doing so after the event and are unable to provide any evidence that they could have done better themselves.

"France, Belgium , Spain and Italy all have similar problems so the issue is hardly unique to the UK.

Oh - and sorry some not old people got caught up in it too. C'est la guerre. I think you will find that no matter which government were in charge the end result would be very similar. They would have taken advice from the same organisations which are supposedly non political. All those who choose to criticise the government are doing so after the event and are unable to provide any evidence that they could have done better themselves. "

Isn't that the point here though. The government didn't follow the advice for two or three weeks at the start.

So another government, might have, which would have lessened the impact of the virus both on terms of human life and in terms of strain on the NHS.

Do you really not give a fuck about people in care homes dying of Covid-19, or are you just suggesting this for maximum shock value?

The empathy of shrugging the shoulders must be heartwarming to the rest of the staff as they yet to deal with this complete shambles and ineptitude the elderly are having to face..

"

I think you will find that staff avoid talking politics in care homes and number 1 priority is taking care of either the residents or service users. Even out in the outside world only 15 % of people have any interest in politics.

The government have just released an additional £600 million to the care home industry.

Considering it is a world wide crisis it is difficult to see how any other government could have done any better.

in Lancashire

I think you will find that staff avoid talking politics in care homes and number 1 priority is taking care of either the residents or service users. Even out in the outside world only 15 % of people have any interest in politics.

The government have just released an additional £600 million to the care home industry.

Considering it is a world wide crisis it is difficult to see how any other government could have done any better. "

Piffle..

La la land again..

" Even out in the outside world only 15 % of people have any interest in politics. "

Did you know that 80% of statistics are made up on the spot?

Considering it is a world wide crisis it is difficult to see how any other government could have done any better. "

What happend to the £350 million a week ....opps.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

Other than:

Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, South Korea, Malaysia and Germany to name a few?

West London

He's not interested in the "details" such as what anything actually means.

He's certainly not interested in the consequences as they will not effect him.

He's absolutely not interested in admitting being wrong because that's not actually possible.

He lied. He was caught. He lied some more. The facts haven't changed.

Apparently lying is okay and expected. So what do you vote on?

We have what we deserve I suppose.

Chelmsford

Haircuts obs

Chelmsford

Why is every surprised that politicians lie..

Has always been so...

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"It's amusing to watch as everything leavers labelled as "project fear" happen in reality, and then look at the excuses. Or the "we knew what we were voting for". "

I think this goes in the 'I told you so' file.

But hey, BJ got brexit done!!!!

Chelmsford

Project fear was a scam sowed by Osborne and Cameron.

Utter bullshit

Lewes

"I think you will find that no matter which government were in charge the end result would be very similar. They would have taken advice from the same organisations which are supposedly non political. All those who choose to criticise the government are doing so after the event and are unable to provide any evidence that they could have done better themselves. "

Really? I think you'll have to admit that if Labour had got in they would have been unlikely to extend an invitation to Dominic Fucking Cummings to sit on the scientific advisory group.

And I can point to plenty of evidence that I would have been more prepared than Boris. According to my kids I have been banging on non stop about washing their hands and not touching their face since Jan 5th, and was agitating for their school to close weeks before it did. I am sure I am not alone. Anyone with an ounce of mathematical nous (you just need to understand what exponential means) and a cupful of compassion (you just need to treat people as your equals) would have done miles better than than this bunch of idiots. So that narrows it down to what? 80% of the population?

liverpool

"Project fear was a scam sowed by Osborne and Cameron.

Utter bullshit "

Was project fear the one where they said jobs and businesses will close after Brexit?

"I think you will find that no matter which government were in charge the end result would be very similar. They would have taken advice from the same organisations which are supposedly non political. All those who choose to criticise the government are doing so after the event and are unable to provide any evidence that they could have done better themselves.

Really? I think you'll have to admit that if Labour had got in they would have been unlikely to extend an invitation to Dominic Fucking Cummings to sit on the scientific advisory group.

And I can point to plenty of evidence that I would have been more prepared than Boris. According to my kids I have been banging on non stop about washing their hands and not touching their face since Jan 5th, and was agitating for their school to close weeks before it did. I am sure I am not alone. Anyone with an ounce of mathematical nous (you just need to understand what exponential means) and a cupful of compassion (you just need to treat people as your equals) would have done miles better than than this bunch of idiots. So that narrows it down to what? 80% of the population?"

I thought that the first death from Covid 19 was on March 5 th but you appear to suggest that you took steps to prevent infection as from January 5 th. Are you saying that you predicted what was going to happen on January 5 th. ?

Lewes

"I thought that the first death from Covid 19 was on March 5 th but you appear to suggest that you took steps to prevent infection as from January 5 th. Are you saying that you predicted what was going to happen on January 5 th. ? "

Of course I couldn't predict what was going to happen, but I could recognise the possibilities and take steps to protect my family. A near neighbour had bought PPE for their family before then end of Jan (which I decided against). It costs very little to be prepared, and ?% of GDP when you aren't. And our government wasn't. Isn't. The only thing at which they excel is lying.

West London

"Why is every surprised that politicians lie..

Has always been so... "

I am not surprised that politicians lie.

Previously when they were caught, particularly more than once, they had the good grace to resign, or their boss sacked them, or the public voted them out.

What is surprising is that people don't care that they are being lied to. Not just indirectly, or with obfuscation or spin. Lied to directly against readily available information including contradiction of their own words.

Why is that now acceptable?

Once again, if you think that all politicians lie about everything then how do you make a decision about whom to vote for? Perhaps you do not.

liverpool

Has always been so...

Previously when they were caught, particularly more than once, they had the good grace to resign, or their boss sacked them, or the public voted them out.

What is surprising is that people don't care that they are being lied to. Not just indirectly, or with obfuscation or spin. Lied to directly against readily available information including contradiction of their own words.

Once again, if you think that all politicians lie about everything then how do you make a decision about whom to vote for? Perhaps you do not."

Profumo lied about banging someone and was sacked admist a huge controversy.

Politicians lie today about life saying equipment and the amount of people who have died and no one bats an eye lid.

West London

Has always been so...

Once again, if you think that all politicians lie about everything then how do you make a decision about whom to vote for? Perhaps you do not.

Profumo lied about banging someone and was sacked admist a huge controversy.

Politicians lie today about life saying equipment and the amount of people who have died and no one bats an eye lid. "

Trump lies on film then denies his lies and people find ways to excuse him.

I don't understand it, particularly the apologising.

The other interesting behaviour I have noticed is that you can roundly condemn an individual or organisation for everything that they stand for but explain that they have been badly treated over one matter and you are branded their supporter.

It is tribal bordering on religious belief.

It is troubling because it means that reality no longer matters. People will construct their own and do everything possible to maintain it.

Has always been so...

Once again, if you think that all politicians lie about everything then how do you make a decision about whom to vote for? Perhaps you do not."

If you are trying to say that all politicians lie and from all parties it would not make any difference as all the lies simply cancel out .

Personally I do not think politicians of any parties deliberately lie. Facts can be presented in different ways.

When it comes to election time every party has the opportunity to present their manifesto and go knocking door to door to sell their case .

On a simplistic case the party with the best policies for the country wins the case . The general public are more than capable of making an objective assessment of how likely any particular party will fullfill their promises .

What appears to be happening now is that supporters of losing parties are having to recognise that their views are not supported by the majority of the electorate and out of desperation are resorting to smearing very successfull politicians and governments.

Has always been so...

Once again, if you think that all politicians lie about everything then how do you make a decision about whom to vote for? Perhaps you do not. If you are trying to say that all politicians lie and from all parties it would not make any difference as all the lies simply cancel out .

Personally I do not think politicians of any parties deliberately lie. Facts can be presented in different ways.

When it comes to election time every party has the opportunity to present their manifesto and go knocking door to door to sell their case .

On a simplistic case the party with the best policies for the country wins the case . The general public are more than capable of making an objective assessment of how likely any particular party will fullfill their promises .

What appears to be happening now is that supporters of losing parties are having to recognise that their views are not supported by the majority of the electorate and out of desperation are resorting to smearing very successfull politicians and governments. "

Blimey, absolutely shocking news (if true).

liverpool

Has always been so...

Once again, if you think that all politicians lie about everything then how do you make a decision about whom to vote for? Perhaps you do not. If you are trying to say that all politicians lie and from all parties it would not make any difference as all the lies simply cancel out .

What appears to be happening now is that supporters of losing parties are having to recognise that their views are not supported by the majority of the electorate and out of desperation are resorting to smearing very successfull politicians and governments. "

So basically every gmnt that gets into power implements widely seucceffull policies that benefit the population at large?

Has always been so...

Sounds like you have not learned anything from history - The national socialist party were extremely popular in Germany until they ran out of money and had to resort to removing people so that they could steal their assets and let them die in concentration camps - I guess you would tell us that it was what the people voted for and that was all that mattered?

West London

Has always been so...

Simplistic does, indeed, seem to be best for you.

When politicians lie or fail it is acceptable to point that out, even if they have been voted into power.

Do you agree or disagree with this simple assertion Pat?

Has always been so...

On a simplistic assessment why would calling out lies be considered smearing. The daily fail and the Tories spent years guaranteeing there would be no border in the irish sea dividing the uk, is it a smear to call out those lies.

Has always been so...

What appears to be happening now is that supporters of losing parties are having to recognise that their views are not supported by the majority of the electorate and out of desperation are resorting to smearing very successfull politicians and governments.

On a simplistic assessment why would calling out lies be considered smearing. The daily fail and the Tories spent years guaranteeing there would be no border in the irish sea dividing the uk, is it a smear to call out those lies. "

The negotiators simply gave a little ground in order to resolve a long standng issue. It can hardly be considering lying if it resolves a problem.

I guess you do not read the Daily Mail so it would be unlikely that you would be aware of their opinions on the issue.

Has always been so...

On a simplistic assessment why would calling out lies be considered smearing. The daily fail and the Tories spent years guaranteeing there would be no border in the irish sea dividing the uk, is it a smear to call out those lies. The negotiators simply gave a little ground in order to resolve a long standng issue. It can hardly be considering lying if it resolves a problem.

I guess you do not read the Daily Mail so it would be unlikely that you would be aware of their opinions on the issue."

I also haven't read the Daily mail. But I can tell you their option is one of the following.

1. Foreigners are at fault.

2. Immigrants are coming.

3. Trans people are at fault.

4. The Tories are infallible, look at this man who takes his rabbit on bike rides.

5. Brexit will solve all the problems as long as no one asks any questions, or looks into it in anyway.

West London

Has always been so...

On a simplistic assessment why would calling out lies be considered smearing. The daily fail and the Tories spent years guaranteeing there would be no border in the irish sea dividing the uk, is it a smear to call out those lies. The negotiators simply gave a little ground in order to resolve a long standng issue. It can hardly be considering lying if it resolves a problem.

I guess you do not read the Daily Mail so it would be unlikely that you would be aware of their opinions on the issue."

The negotiators gave a little by allowing a customs barrier between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK.

That is allowed.

Boris Johnson has denied that this is the case on more than one occasion, but it is, in fact happening.

What point are you actually making Pat? I'd like to see the logical contortion that allows both of these things to be true and acceptable

liverpool

Has always been so...

Do they blame immigration?

Has always been so...

I guess you do not read the Daily Mail so it would be unlikely that you would be aware of their opinions on the issue.

The negotiators gave a little by allowing a customs barrier between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK.

That is allowed.

Boris Johnson has denied that this is the case on more than one occasion, but it is, in fact happening.

What point are you actually making Pat? I'd like to see the logical contortion that allows both of these things to be true and acceptable "

The Northern Ireland Secretary has already confirmed that there will be no border along the Irish Sea ( the data below is copied from a BBC website . Hope this clarifies

The Northern Ireland Secretary Brandon Lewis has said again there will not be a border down the Irish Sea.

It follows news the government has told the European Union it intends to enhance Border Control Posts at NI ports as part of the Brexit deal.

At the end of this year Northern Ireland will remain inside the EU single market for manufactured goods and agriculture products.

The rest of the UK will stop following these EU rules at the end of 2020.

Appearing remotely before Westminster's NI Affairs committee, Mr Lewis said there had been minimal checks on some goods since the 19th Century.

But he assured MPs Northern Ireland business would "remain a fluid part of the UK economy and the UK market and that won't change".

And he said "close to unfettered access" to the Great Britain market would remain.

On Wednesday, Junior Minister Declan Kearney told a Stomont committee the executive had been informed about the mover to enhance Border Control Posts on Monday.

Ports plan for Brexit Irish Sea checks

'No border between NI and GB' - NI secretary

A really simple guide to Brexit

A spokesman for the Cabinet Office said it had always been made clear that there will be "requirements for live animals and agri-food", building on what already happens at ports like Larne and Belfast.

"The protocol puts legal obligations on both sides. We are committed to complying with ours, just as we expect the EU to comply with theirs," he added.

Unfettered access 'paramount'

Mr Lewis told MPs: "Northern Ireland is part of the UK's single market. It is important it remains that way both ways and we are determined there will not be a border down the Irish Sea.

"The best way to achieve that is to have close to unfettered access both ways as we can possibly get and certainly unfettered access from Northern Ireland to Great Britain is absolutely paramount and key for us."

The EU has strict rules on the entry of animals and food products into the single market.

These products must always enter the single market through designed BCPs.

Has always been so...

That is allowed.

What point are you actually making Pat? I'd like to see the logical contortion that allows both of these things to be true and acceptable The Northern Ireland Secretary has already confirmed that there will be no border along the Irish Sea ( the data below is copied from a BBC website . Hope this clarifies

The Northern Ireland Secretary Brandon Lewis has said again there will not be a border down the Irish Sea.

It follows news the government has told the European Union it intends to enhance Border Control Posts at NI ports as part of the Brexit deal.

At the end of this year Northern Ireland will remain inside the EU single market for manufactured goods and agriculture products.

Appearing remotely before Westminster's NI Affairs committee, Mr Lewis said there had been minimal checks on some goods since the 19th Century.

But he assured MPs Northern Ireland business would "remain a fluid part of the UK economy and the UK market and that won't change".

And he said "close to unfettered access" to the Great Britain market would remain.

On Wednesday, Junior Minister Declan Kearney told a Stomont committee the executive had been informed about the mover to enhance Border Control Posts on Monday.

A spokesman for the Cabinet Office said it had always been made clear that there will be "requirements for live animals and agri-food", building on what already happens at ports like Larne and Belfast.

"The protocol puts legal obligations on both sides. We are committed to complying with ours, just as we expect the EU to comply with theirs," he added.

Mr Lewis told MPs: "Northern Ireland is part of the UK's single market. It is important it remains that way both ways and we are determined there will not be a border down the Irish Sea.

"The best way to achieve that is to have close to unfettered access both ways as we can possibly get and certainly unfettered access from Northern Ireland to Great Britain is absolutely paramount and key for us."

The EU has strict rules on the entry of animals and food products into the single market.

These products must always enter the single market through designed BCPs."

I admire how oblivious and impervious you are to challenges to the waffle you post. Time and time again your myths are debunked, and you ignore these replies and post more self contradicting waffle.

I just don't think I could do it.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Has always been so...

That is allowed.

What point are you actually making Pat? I'd like to see the logical contortion that allows both of these things to be true and acceptable The Northern Ireland Secretary has already confirmed that there will be no border along the Irish Sea ( the data below is copied from a BBC website . Hope this clarifies

I admire how oblivious and impervious you are to challenges to the waffle you post. Time and time again your myths are debunked, and you ignore these replies and post more self contradicting waffle.

I just don't think I could do it."

Really?

Has always been so...

That is allowed.

Really?"

Absolutely.

If I was demonstrated to be in error, continuously. I would at least acknowledge it.

Has always been so...

That is allowed.

I just don't think I could do it."

Hi. Maybe you should refer your query to the BBC web site from whom the information was obtained. If you believe any aspect of the information to be inaccurate maybe inform them.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Has always been so...

That is allowed.

Really?

Absolutely.

If I was demonstrated to be in error, continuously. I would at least acknowledge it."

Really You do surprise me

West London

Has always been so...

That is allowed.

I just don't think I could do it. Hi. Maybe you should refer your query to the BBC web site from whom the information was obtained. If you believe any aspect of the information to be inaccurate maybe inform them. "

You trust the BBC today then Pat?

"Brexit: UK government to enhance border checks at NI ports"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-52654166

"Brexit: No border down Irish Sea, reiterates NI secretary"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-52654166

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/13/brexit-will-mean-checks-on-goods-crossing-irish-sea-government-admits

So no border in ireland but a border between the uk and belfast has gerry Adam's taken over the negotiations?"

And what would be wrong with that ?

You musnt have seen the News about Mr Adams a few days ago ?

U.K. Supreme Court Quashes 1970s Convictions of Irish Nationalist Leader Gerry Adams

Its been in all the papers across the world

Not a conviction against his name & a 6 figure compensation case is only a matter of time .

So no border in ireland but a border between the uk and belfast has gerry Adam's taken over the negotiations?

U.K. Supreme Court Quashes 1970s Convictions of Irish Nationalist Leader Gerry Adams

Not a conviction against his name & a 6 figure compensation case is only a matter of time .

"

If he's innocent of all charges then hes entitled to compensation for his suffering.

The negotiators simply gave a little ground in order to resolve a long standng issue. It can hardly be considering lying if it resolves a problem.

I dont consider creating an internal border inside the uk a 'little' detail Patrick, I think we can assume you are a sinn fein supporter as this was their idea.

West London

If he's innocent of all charges then hes entitled to compensation for his suffering. "

The entitlement to legal compensation does not imply that there was any "suffering" involved.

I'm all for applying the law without bias otherwise it serves no purpose, but my compassion and ability to empathise is limited it certain instances.

liverpool

Not sure if it's been mentioned but he has also lied about care homes going into lockdown earlier.

Chelmsford

"Not sure if it's been mentioned but he has also lied about care homes going into lockdown earlier."

Always negative..

Be positive

in Lancashire

"Not sure if it's been mentioned but he has also lied about care homes going into lockdown earlier.

Always negative..

Be positive"

The truth may be negative for those in such circumstances who would rather ignore it or deflect from it..

But it is a positive thing that the truth is heard, or it should be Lest it be lost which should worry us all..

"Not sure if it's been mentioned but he has also lied about care homes going into lockdown earlier."
If you mean no visitors then care homes was told by the government in early March to stop visits.

liverpool

"Not sure if it's been mentioned but he has also lied about care homes going into lockdown earlier.If you mean no visitors then care homes was told by the government in early March to stop visits.

"

Wasnt sure if it was old news.

He said care homes went into lockdown earlier than The rest of society.

"Not sure if it's been mentioned but he has also lied about care homes going into lockdown earlier.If you mean no visitors then care homes was told by the government in early March to stop visits.

He said care homes went into lockdown earlier than The rest of society."

it was a long time go but lockdown for society was the 28th March so care homes was ahead, but don't let facts spoil a good story.

liverpool

He said care homes went into lockdown earlier than The rest of society.it was a long time go but lockdown for society was the 28th March so care homes was ahead, but don't let facts spoil a good story. "

23rd march actually.Johnson said carehomes were issued with lockdown orders 10 days earlier but relatives could still visit.

Source Reuters fact checker.

Pesky facts eh.

in Lancashire

One massive flaw in locking down care homes was to send back from hospital untested residents..

May just as well have left the doors wide open to all and sundry..

He said care homes went into lockdown earlier than The rest of society.it was a long time go but lockdown for society was the 28th March so care homes was ahead, but don't let facts spoil a good story.

23rd march actually.Johnson said carehomes were issued with lockdown orders 10 days earlier but relatives could still visit.

Pesky facts eh."

Wife works in care home and had letter advising to stop all visitors on the 4th the media not always right.

"Not sure if it's been mentioned but he has also lied about care homes going into lockdown earlier.

Always negative..

Be positive"

Only someone very ignorant could say be positive about our elderly people dying, many who served their country well.

in Lancashire

Lynn's aunt is in a home down south, they locked down early and as with the others who didn't wait while Boris dithered their residents have pretty much stayed unscathed..

How we look after the most vulnerable people in society is an indicator and for care home residents and also residents in learning difficulty homes where in April there was a 175% increase in deaths its been bad..

He said care homes went into lockdown earlier than The rest of society.it was a long time go but lockdown for society was the 28th March so care homes was ahead, but don't let facts spoil a good story.

Pesky facts eh.Wife works in care home and had letter advising to stop all visitors on the 4th the media not always right."

Well said. Many care homes have managed to avoid any infection or deaths due to Covid 19. I guess that is the type of good news that some choose to ignore.

liverpool

Pesky facts eh.Wife works in care home and had letter advising to stop all visitors on the 4th the media not always right."

Their source is a public health document so not really the media.

liverpool

Pesky facts eh.Wife works in care home and had letter advising to stop all visitors on the 4th the media not always right. Well said. Many care homes have managed to avoid any infection or deaths due to Covid 19. I guess that is the type of good news that some choose to ignore. "

Shall we get the bunting out?

Pesky facts eh.Wife works in care home and had letter advising to stop all visitors on the 4th the media not always right. Well said. Many care homes have managed to avoid any infection or deaths due to Covid 19. I guess that is the type of good news that some choose to ignore. "

That is great news, However , many care homes have unfortunately been unable to stop their residents dying. You have to agree that is bad news?

Pesky facts eh.Wife works in care home and had letter advising to stop all visitors on the 4th the media not always right. Well said. Many care homes have managed to avoid any infection or deaths due to Covid 19. I guess that is the type of good news that some choose to ignore.

Shall we get the bunting out?"

only 2800 you should have said that's lower than last year, flu took 34,200 most in care homes.

Pesky facts eh.Wife works in care home and had letter advising to stop all visitors on the 4th the media not always right. Well said. Many care homes have managed to avoid any infection or deaths due to Covid 19. I guess that is the type of good news that some choose to ignore.

Shall we get the bunting out?only 2800 you should have said that's lower than last year, flu took 34,200 most in care homes. "

Why is that relevant? Are you suggesting there won’t be any ‘extra’ deaths for the last 3 months, just the same average figures as the last 5 years? After all ‘flu ‘ killed 2850 people a month last year ?

Shall we get the bunting out?only 2800 you should have said that's lower than last year, flu took 34,200 most in care homes.

Why is that relevant? Are you suggesting there won’t be any ‘extra’ deaths for the last 3 months, just the same average figures as the last 5 years? After all ‘flu ‘ killed 2850 people a month last year ? "

Yes they going to be extra deaths in care homes but people think it's all the government or care homes fault. Care homes are a fuck up all government’s are to blame, homes run for profit people second.

Shall we get the bunting out?only 2800 you should have said that's lower than last year, flu took 34,200 most in care homes.

Why is that relevant? Are you suggesting there won’t be any ‘extra’ deaths for the last 3 months, just the same average figures as the last 5 years? After all ‘flu ‘ killed 2850 people a month last year ? Yes they going to be extra deaths in care homes but people think it's all the government or care homes fault. Care homes are a fuck up all government’s are to blame, homes run for profit people second. "

Who is ultimately responsible for the horrendous number of deaths in care homes then ? Are the private owners only following the government’s advice ? I agree that most Private care homes are all about the profit but from a totally cynical viewpoint, dying residents aren’t good for business

Why is that relevant? Are you suggesting there won’t be any ‘extra’ deaths for the last 3 months, just the same average figures as the last 5 years? After all ‘flu ‘ killed 2850 people a month last year ? Yes they going to be extra deaths in care homes but people think it's all the government or care homes fault. Care homes are a fuck up all government’s are to blame, homes run for profit people second.

Who is ultimately responsible for the horrendous number of deaths in care homes then ? Are the private owners only following the government’s advice ? I agree that most Private care homes are all about the profit but from a totally cynical viewpoint, dying residents aren’t good for business "

Yes true but now are starting to spend some money but to little to late . When this is over needs sorting out, but will they have the political will to take on the private sector.

Why is that relevant? Are you suggesting there won’t be any ‘extra’ deaths for the last 3 months, just the same average figures as the last 5 years? After all ‘flu ‘ killed 2850 people a month last year ? Yes they going to be extra deaths in care homes but people think it's all the government or care homes fault. Care homes are a fuck up all government’s are to blame, homes run for profit people second.

Who is ultimately responsible for the horrendous number of deaths in care homes then ? Are the private owners only following the government’s advice ? I agree that most Private care homes are all about the profit but from a totally cynical viewpoint, dying residents aren’t good for business Yes true but now are starting to spend some money but to little to late . When this is over needs sorting out, but will they have the political will to take on the private sector. "

Hopefully lessons will be learnt and responsibility will be shared and it doesn’t decent into the blame game

» Add a new message to this topic