FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Daily mail turns on Boris and Cummings

Daily mail turns on Boris and Cummings

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ake_hole OP   Man  over a year ago

London

You can google it but the daily mails front page is absolutely wild this morning. Johnson has fucked up BIG time if one of his biggest supporters in the press has turned on him in such a way

Thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

It's a very strange thing when I agree with the mail..

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

Piers Morgan too.

It's a curious situation.

The issue that the press and many Tory MPs have with Cummings is that they don't know what he actually wants.

Nobody does.

BoJo wanted to be Prime Minister but appears to not actually have any plan for being Prime Minister. It's Cummings and that should be scary for all of us.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It's a very strange thing when I agree with the mail.. "

Same here - these are strange times

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"You can google it but the daily mails front page is absolutely wild this morning. Johnson has fucked up BIG time if one of his biggest supporters in the press has turned on him in such a way

Thoughts?"

It's faux outrage. Once Cummings has gone - whenever that is - the Mail will take the credit and tell you how wonderful Boris and his Cabinet are, all over again.

They have no concept of inconsistency/hypocrisy applying to their journalism; just like the owners/staff of Der Stürmer, back in the day.

"You can google it but the daily mails front page is absolutely wild this morning. Johnson has fucked up BIG time if one of his biggest supporters in the press has turned on him in such a way

Thoughts?

It's faux outrage. Once Cummings has gone - whenever that is - the Mail will take the credit and tell you how wonderful Boris and his Cabinet are, all over again.

They have no concept of inconsistency/hypocrisy applying to their journalism; just like the owners/staff of Der Stürmer, back in the day."

Cummings isn’t going anywhere, him and Boris are like Siamese twins, I honestly think Boris will resign before Cummings does

By *sussexyMan  over a year ago

Lewes

[Removed by poster at 25/05/20 12:27:20]

By *sussexyMan  over a year ago

Lewes

Loved the tweet from the SAGE member saying that Johnson had managed to unite the Guardian, the Mail and the Church of England - something which perhaps no other politician has ever done before.

West London

The Mail are dubbing the press meeting a "Domnishambles".

Farage is saying what he stated was "questionable".

Intriguing.

London

"The Mail are dubbing the press meeting a "Domnishambles".

Intriguing."

Theres a defence plan though. Cummings supporters are just attacking all of media regardless now

West London

Intriguing.

Theres a defence plan though. Cummings supporters are just attacking all of media regardless now "

Why does he have supporters?

Where do these people come from?

What do they think he is doing for them?

He doesn't have unlimited funding for this with a campaign planned months in advance with targeted advertising. Is that's why it's all a bit of a car-crash at the moment?

West London

The Daily Mash have identified one key event that was missed:

Guardian and Mail readers exchange gifts in no man's land

26th May 2020

GUARDIAN and Daily Mail readers exchanged gifts in no man’s land during a rare moment of solidarity before going back to hating each other.

The two sides nervously approached each other in a park to swap gifts including a John Lewis pasta maker and Princess Diana memorial plate.

Guardian reader Martin Bishop said: “Finding out we both have a common enemy in an unelected puppet master who pulls the strings of power really brought us together.

“I don’t think they could quite follow my middle class cultural references so I descended to their level and called Cummings ‘elitist London scum’. That seemed to go down well.”

Mail reader Roy Hobbs said: “As I handed my collection of free World War II in Colour DVDs over to a limp-wristed Remoaner I realised we’re not really so different after all.

“Although what I’m meant to do with this spiralizer is beyond me.”

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"The Daily Mash have identified one key event that was missed:

26th May 2020

GUARDIAN and Daily Mail readers exchanged gifts in no man’s land during a rare moment of solidarity before going back to hating each other.

The two sides nervously approached each other in a park to swap gifts including a John Lewis pasta maker and Princess Diana memorial plate.

Guardian reader Martin Bishop said: “Finding out we both have a common enemy in an unelected puppet master who pulls the strings of power really brought us together.

“I don’t think they could quite follow my middle class cultural references so I descended to their level and called Cummings ‘elitist London scum’. That seemed to go down well.”

Mail reader Roy Hobbs said: “As I handed my collection of free World War II in Colour DVDs over to a limp-wristed Remoaner I realised we’re not really so different after all.

“Although what I’m meant to do with this spiralizer is beyond me.”"

Shit..

We've got both..

Actually no, just the spiralizer although in my defence my wife a southerner brought it and I can say hand on heart I am clueless as to how it works..

In any case my eyes are affected by hay-fever so I'm off to start up the chainsaw to see if I'm OK to to drive..

By *elboy321Man  over a year ago

Paisley

Why does the OP put Boris and Cummings? Why not boris and dominic? Or Johnson and Cummings ?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Intriguing.

Theres a defence plan though. Cummings supporters are just attacking all of media regardless now

Why does he have supporters?

Where do these people come from?

What do they think he is doing for them?

He doesn't have unlimited funding for this with a campaign planned months in advance with targeted advertising. Is that's why it's all a bit of a car-crash at the moment?"

It's a witch hunt apparently.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"The Daily Mash have identified one key event that was missed:

26th May 2020

“Although what I’m meant to do with this spiralizer is beyond me.”"

they got one thing slighty wrong... diana plates are held by express readers... we are not quite there yet!!!

Thoughts?

They have no concept of inconsistency/hypocrisy applying to their journalism; just like the owners/staff of Der Stürmer, back in the day.

Cummings isn’t going anywhere, him and Boris are like Siamese twins, I honestly think Boris will resign before Cummings does "

Well once the Yank is gone

the others can set DC up for a fall

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Thoughts?"

The mail states how it is so all take your remoaner left wing blinkers off

Thoughts?The mail states how it is so all take your remoaner left wing blinkers off "

Haha, what has this got to do with Brexit??

[Removed by poster at 27/05/20 23:09:38]

Thoughts?The mail states how it is so all take your remoaner left wing blinkers off

Haha, what has this got to do with Brexit??"

Stop remoaning. Worship at the alter of Boris/Brexit/Cummings/Daily Mail or prepare to be globbed on by Emma.

#Projectfear

#TakeBackControl

#OBEforCummings

[Removed by poster at 27/05/20 23:12:01]

"Why does the OP put Boris and Cummings? Why not boris and dominic? Or Johnson and Cummings ?"

Or Dombo?

Or Bordom

[Removed by poster at 27/05/20 23:14:50]

Thoughts?The mail states how it is so all take your remoaner left wing blinkers off

What left wing Brexiteers? "

What about left wing Brexiteers?

What left wing Brexiteers?

What about left wing Brexiteers? "

I know two. They both thought Brexit would destroy the Tories. They were both wrong.

Brexit is all the chickens coming home to roost if you're in the top 0.01% of the richest/nastiest people in the UK or of you are a US corporation. It's a right wing wet dream.

I know two. They both thought Brexit would destroy the Tories. They were both wrong.

Brexit is all the chickens coming home to roost if you're in the top 0.01% of the richest/nastiest people in the UK or of you are a US corporation. It's a right wing wet dream. "

What a load of bullshit.

liverpool

What about left wing Brexiteers? "

I suspect there are very few of them about.

Brexit is all the chickens coming home to roost if you're in the top 0.01% of the richest/nastiest people in the UK or of you are a US corporation. It's a right wing wet dream.

What a load of bullshit. "

Why is that so? You appear to be "bullshitting" the entire purpose of Brexit.

I suspect there are very few of them about."

I somehow doubt I'm an anomaly.

liverpool

I suspect there are very few of them about.

I somehow doubt I'm an anomaly. "

I'm not saying they dont exist..old school labour Corbyn etc were quite anti eu..but there are much more of the little englander types around.

What a load of bullshit.

Why is that so? You appear to be "bullshitting" the entire purpose of Brexit. "

Go back to the referendum... There was not a distinct left or right wing stance on it. That is apart from Corbyn telling lefties to remain which boiled my piss. If anything there was reputedly an age correlating with leave (older voters) as we saw the common market evolve from a trading vantage point to something wanting more and more power, EEC then EU. Many voters didn't want us to be told how to control our borders any longer.

In my village I received no exit propaganda. I received remain propaganda and on it were 8 (I think) wealthy, influential people stating why we should stay. Well, if the bourgeoisie wanted us to stay, this minion of the proletariat was voting leave!

liverpool

What a load of bullshit.

Go back to the referendum... There was not a distinct left or right wing stance on it. That is apart from Corbyn telling lefties to remain which boiled my piss. If anything there was reputedly an age correlating with leave (older voters) as we saw the common market evolve from a trading vantage point to something wanting more and more power, EEC then EU. Many voters didn't want us to be told how to control our borders any longer.

In my village I received no exit propaganda. I received remain propaganda and on it were 8 (I think) wealthy, influential people stating why we should stay. Well, if the bourgeoisie wanted us to stay, this minion of the proletariat was voting leave! "

Corbyn got stick for sitting on the fence.

But there were plenty of rich powerful people telling us to leave?

What a load of bullshit.

In my village I received no exit propaganda. I received remain propaganda and on it were 8 (I think) wealthy, influential people stating why we should stay. Well, if the bourgeoisie wanted us to stay, this minion of the proletariat was voting leave!

"

Corbyn was telling Labour supporters to vote remain.

And like I stated, I received no leave propaganda.

The Tories were split. The PM Cameron would not have allowed the referendum to take place if he thought the electorate would vote leave, which is why there were no leave strategies in place and why he resigned - C was a remainer.

What a load of bullshit.

In my village I received no exit propaganda. I received remain propaganda and on it were 8 (I think) wealthy, influential people stating why we should stay. Well, if the bourgeoisie wanted us to stay, this minion of the proletariat was voting leave! "

During the build up to the referendum the Tories were split down the middle between leave and remain. All the far right parties campaigned for leave. All the "left wing" groups (I wouldn't even call them left wing but others would) campaigned to remain. The Green Party, Unions, environmental charities and pressure groups, healthcare groups etc etc.

Who funded the leave campaigns:

Business owners like Tim Martin, Mike Ashley, Philip Green. All promoting leave to remove the "red tape" in the form of workers rights, environmental protection etc.

Investment company owners (and whose families own investment companies) such as Rees-Mogg and Johnson, who wanted to crash the value of the pound to make a fuck tonne of money, and to continue to avoid paying taxes (Which the EU are clamping down on).

US Corporations who stand to benefit from the removal of food safety standards and other product standards that are currently preventing them from importing their sub-quality produce into the UK market. The pharmaceutical companies set to take over the provision of drugs and other medical equipment at hiked prices, introducing a US branded drugs type system.

The Russians - fuck knows what they want aside from weakening the UK and the EU.

All for what? Some slogans like "Control the border", believing the bollocks in the Daily Mail about immigrants causing all our problems is hardly a left wing staple.

So what are we left with, £130 billion hit to the UK economy annually. Potentially less rights, less environmental protection, more expensive medical supplies, less safe food and other products. And a small number of already rich people, getting richer.

You can say "bollocks" all you want, but it doesn't change the reality of the situation.

liverpool

What a load of bullshit.

Corbyn was telling Labour supporters to vote remain.

And like I stated, I received no leave propaganda.

The Tories were split. The PM Cameron would not have allowed the referendum to take place if he thought the electorate would vote leave, which is why there were no leave strategies in place and why he resigned - C was a remainer. "

Labour was largely pro remain but corbyn was at best ambivalent.Look at the criticism he got pre election for not saying which way he would vote.

Corbyn favoured the most sensible option of the 3,the 2nd referendum and let the people decide.

liverpool

4 years down the line and I'm still waiting to hear 1 cast iron positive for leaving the eu.

"4 years down the line and I'm still waiting to hear 1 cast iron positive for leaving the eu."

Spoiler alert.

The cast iron reasons to leave only apply to a very few at the very top of the pile.

What a load of bullshit.

During the build up to the referendum the Tories were split down the middle between leave and remain. All the far right parties campaigned for leave. All the "left wing" groups (I wouldn't even call them left wing but others would) campaigned to remain. The Green Party, Unions, environmental charities and pressure groups, healthcare groups etc etc.

Business owners like Tim Martin, Mike Ashley, Philip Green. All promoting leave to remove the "red tape" in the form of workers rights, environmental protection etc.

Investment company owners (and whose families own investment companies) such as Rees-Mogg and Johnson, who wanted to crash the value of the pound to make a fuck tonne of money, and to continue to avoid paying taxes (Which the EU are clamping down on).

US Corporations who stand to benefit from the removal of food safety standards and other product standards that are currently preventing them from importing their sub-quality produce into the UK market. The pharmaceutical companies set to take over the provision of drugs and other medical equipment at hiked prices, introducing a US branded drugs type system.

The Russians - fuck knows what they want aside from weakening the UK and the EU.

All for what? Some slogans like "Control the border", believing the bollocks in the Daily Mail about immigrants causing all our problems is hardly a left wing staple.

So what are we left with, £130 billion hit to the UK economy annually. Potentially less rights, less environmental protection, more expensive medical supplies, less safe food and other products. And a small number of already rich people, getting richer.

You can say "bollocks" all you want, but it doesn't change the reality of the situation.

"

I wouldn't be surprised if it has become a right wing wet dream, but it did not start off like that.

As for the Daily Mail... I don't tread any newspapers. Occasionally I may see something online but try to find the source of the story. To me journalists are so blatantly biased whatever the story.

What a load of bullshit.

I wouldn't be surprised if it has become a right wing wet dream, but it did not start off like that.

As for the Daily Mail... I don't tread any newspapers. Occasionally I may see something online but try to find the source of the story. To me journalists are so blatantly biased whatever the story. "

While you say "I wouldn't be surprised if it has become...."

The aims and purposes of brexit haven't changed. At least not as far as I can tell. We have known all this stuff from before the referendum vote.

London

Thoughts?The mail states how it is so all take your remoaner left wing blinkers off "

The mail isnt supporting boris johnson or dominic Cummings. Can you read?

» Add a new message to this topic