FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Does anyone find BBC and sky news

Does anyone find BBC and sky news

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *etsome OP   Man  over a year ago

birmingham

and the other msm biased and selective in what they report?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *oistknickersCouple  over a year ago

London

Yes

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

The BBC is basically political activism disguised as journalism

In fact they dont even disguise it anymore

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

I watch ITV. Tom Bradby doesnt hide his feelings.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The news chanels and programmes have taken over from the daytime soaps for drama and theatre. I rarely watch either.

Yep

"and the other msm biased and selective in what they report?"

Yes, sky is owned by Murdoch and the BBC is usually biased towards the government of the time. I find ITV & channel 4 Need to be the most impartial

BBC are leftwing remainers

"and the other msm biased and selective in what they report?

Yes, sky is owned by Murdoch and the BBC is usually biased towards the government of the time. I find ITV & channel 4 Need to be the most impartial "

News

"BBC are leftwing remainers "

Haha, they really aren’t, only a right wing leaver would think that

"BBC are leftwing remainers

Haha, they really aren’t, only a right wing leaver would think that "

Correct sir

Cummings looks like Adolf eichmann, is this a coincidence ?

Correct sir

Cummings looks like Adolf eichmann, is this a coincidence ?"

Uncanny, I hadn’t noticed that before, what could this mean

By *ifty69Man  over a year ago

north tyneside

Bbc, total conservative supporters,

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

"

Exactly, they've effectively sacked a fabulous journalist because she actually spoke the facts.

Did No. 10 have a word do we think?

For all the right's hysterics about "comrade Corbyn" and the Stalinist behaviour they thought would follow. This lot are actually following that rule-book.

birmingham

Yes, sky is owned by Murdoch and the BBC is usually biased towards the government of the time. I find ITV & channel 4 Need to be the most impartial "

jon (fuck the tories) snow?

Yes, sky is owned by Murdoch and the BBC is usually biased towards the government of the time. I find ITV & channel 4 Need to be the most impartial

jon (fuck the tories) snow?"

Is that his middle name? I suppose you prefer Laura (Tory lover) Kuenssberg

birmingham

are you serious - newsnight employed James O'brien. He is as far on the left as Katie Hopkins is to the right

are you serious - newsnight employed James O'brien. He is as far on the left as Katie Hopkins is to the right"

And? Laura Kuenssberg is the BBCs political editor

birmingham

Exactly, they've effectively sacked a fabulous journalist because she actually spoke the facts.

For all the right's hysterics about "comrade Corbyn" and the Stalinist behaviour they thought would follow. This lot are actually following that rule-book. "

she will be back next week. The bbc originally said she had breached guidelines and staff would be reminded of those guidelines. If i broke guidelines at work I would be given a warning or sacked

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

To much Cummings and goings lol

birmingham

are you serious - newsnight employed James O'brien. He is as far on the left as Katie Hopkins is to the right

And? Laura Kuenssberg is the BBCs political editor "

she is a leftie remainer. Can you name more than one or two BBC presenters that you think voted for brexit?

For all the right's hysterics about "comrade Corbyn" and the Stalinist behaviour they thought would follow. This lot are actually following that rule-book.

she will be back next week. The bbc originally said she had breached guidelines and staff would be reminded of those guidelines. If i broke guidelines at work I would be given a warning or sacked"

No you wouldn’t, you do know the difference between guidelines and policies?

she is a leftie remainer. Can you name more than one or two BBC presenters that you think voted for brexit?"

Ha, only a righty leaver would say that . No I don’t, do you ‘know’ any BBC political presenters who voted remain?

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 27/05/20 23:37:37]

Bristol

Best channel for its news bulletin is Channel 4. The news on 4 is top quality, especially their international coverage.

"Best channel for its news bulletin is Channel 4. The news on 4 is top quality, especially their international coverage. "

I agree

birmingham

dame nicky campbell leftie

sheila foghorn leftie

evan (twinkle tits) davies leftie

james o'nobrain leftie

clive myrie leftie

emily titless leftie

the boy lineker leftie

adrew marr leftie

james naughty leftie

jon (TDS) sopel leftie

eddie mair leftie

gavin esler lib dem candidate

robert peston leftie

birmingham

all bbc 'comedy' leftie

"dame nicky campbell leftie

sheila foghorn leftie

evan (twinkle tits) davies leftie

james o'nobrain leftie

clive myrie leftie

emily titless leftie

the boy lineker leftie

adrew marr leftie

james naughty leftie

jon (TDS) sopel leftie

eddie mair leftie

gavin esler lib dem candidate

robert peston leftie"

Like I keep saying, only a righty would think they are all leftie, which proves that they are impartial

Bristol

And the lefties will tell you it leans the other way. If both sides think that it the Beeb lean the other way, it must be pretty impartial.

Poor tories, life’s so unfair on them. They only have 80% of our newspapers and media rooting for them so they also need to destroy the BBC. They love democracy those Brexiteers don’t they?

"all bbc 'comedy' leftie"

That is because there is so much comedy material available at the expense of the right wing. You stick to Jim Davidson

birmingham

And the lefties will tell you it leans the other way. If both sides think that it the Beeb lean the other way, it must be pretty impartial.

Poor tories, life’s so unfair on them. They only have 80% of our newspapers and media rooting for them so they also need to destroy the BBC. They love democracy those Brexiteers don’t they? "

I,ve asked the BBC to give me data on whether more people complain about the bbc being left wing or right wing. They said it is confidential

Also the fact that all the lefties are whining about the BBC licence fee being decriminalised should tell you something

birmingham

she is a leftie remainer. Can you name more than one or two BBC presenters that you think voted for brexit?

Ha, only a righty leaver would say that . No I don’t, do you ‘know’ any BBC political presenters who voted remain? "

about 95% of them

Poor tories, life’s so unfair on them. They only have 80% of our newspapers and media rooting for them so they also need to destroy the BBC. They love democracy those Brexiteers don’t they?

I,ve asked the BBC to give me data on whether more people complain about the bbc being left wing or right wing. They said it is confidential

Also the fact that all the lefties are whining about the BBC licence fee being decriminalised should tell you something"

Which lefties are you referring to? Let’s be honest, you didn’t ask the BBC for any data, that is fake news

birmingham

"all bbc 'comedy' leftie

That is because there is so much comedy material available at the expense of the right wing. You stick to Jim Davidson "

i would take jim davidson over nish kumar. Davidson learnt his trade in the northern working mens clubs - nish kumar is on the bbc because of his ethnicity

Ha, only a righty leaver would say that . No I don’t, do you ‘know’ any BBC political presenters who voted remain?

about 95% of them"

Wow, you know that as fact? Or you think you know ?

"all bbc 'comedy' leftie

That is because there is so much comedy material available at the expense of the right wing. You stick to Jim Davidson

i would take jim davidson over nish kumar. Davidson learnt his trade in the northern working mens clubs - nish kumar is on the bbc because of his ethnicity"

Ah, now we are getting a better picture of what type of person you are and why you don’t like the BBC.

birmingham

Also the fact that all the lefties are whining about the BBC licence fee being decriminalised should tell you something

Which lefties are you referring to? Let’s be honest, you didn’t ask the BBC for any data, that is fake news "

no it's 100% true. Tony Hall was on Marr Saying we get complaints from the left and right so we must be impartial. I pointed out that 75% of complaints about left wing bias v 25% of complaints about right wing bias - would show Hall's claim as untrustworthy

Lmao channel 4 is not impartial basically BBC is tilted right channel 4 is left, you could tell the difference on areas such as Britain's foreign policies in Iraq, Afghan & Ireland etc.

All just depends on who tells the story, you get their version of the bits they want to highlight. Israel and Palestine is another good example of how they both differ in how they report.

birmingham

"all bbc 'comedy' leftie

i would take jim davidson over nish kumar. Davidson learnt his trade in the northern working mens clubs - nish kumar is on the bbc because of his ethnicity

Ah, now we are getting a better picture of what type of person you are and why you don’t like the BBC. "

davidson is funnier than kumar - who is about as funny as an unfunny person who ticks the boxes the bbc are looking for

Which lefties are you referring to? Let’s be honest, you didn’t ask the BBC for any data, that is fake news

no it's 100% true. Tony Hall was on Marr Saying we get complaints from the left and right so we must be impartial. I pointed out that 75% of complaints about left wing bias v 25% of complaints about right wing bias - would show Hall's claim as untrustworthy"

Where did you get the 75% figure from?

birmingham

lewis goodall - leftie - used to have something to do with the labour party

By *andlingswingersCouple  over a year ago

Woodbridge

And? Laura Kuenssberg is the BBCs political editor "

And BBC Radio $ have the Political Editor of The Soaraway Scum as their political go-to voice.

"all bbc 'comedy' leftie

Ah, now we are getting a better picture of what type of person you are and why you don’t like the BBC.

davidson is funnier than kumar - who is about as funny as an unfunny person who ticks the boxes the bbc are looking for"

Jim Davidson is appalling , there is a reason why he is no longer on TV, he is shite .

birmingham

no it's 100% true. Tony Hall was on Marr Saying we get complaints from the left and right so we must be impartial. I pointed out that 75% of complaints about left wing bias v 25% of complaints about right wing bias - would show Hall's claim as untrustworthy

Where did you get the 75% figure from? "

as an example - saying we get complaints from left and right so we are impartial is useless without the number of complaints about left wing bias v number of complaints about right wing bias

A bit of a simplistic, generalised broad brush statement. Plenty of people think they go too easy of the Govt as the management is worried about how it will be funded in the future and the status of the licence fee.

"lewis goodall - leftie - used to have something to do with the labour party"

Something to do? That’s a bit vague

as an example - saying we get complaints from left and right so we are impartial is useless without the number of complaints about left wing bias v number of complaints about right wing bias"

birmingham

"all bbc 'comedy' leftie

davidson is funnier than kumar - who is about as funny as an unfunny person who ticks the boxes the bbc are looking for

Jim Davidson is appalling , there is a reason why he is no longer on TV, he is shite . "

if kumar was booked to appear on some event i was attending i would look for more than bread rolls

[Removed by poster at 27/05/20 23:58:45]

And BBC Radio $ have the Political Editor of The Soaraway Scum as their political go-to voice.

"

Yes, what is your point again

birmingham

"[Removed by poster at 27/05/20 23:58:45]"

who is that?

"all bbc 'comedy' leftie

Jim Davidson is appalling , there is a reason why he is no longer on TV, he is shite .

if kumar was booked to appear on some event i was attending i would look for more than bread rolls"

Really? Why is that? Do people still throw bread rolls at comedians ? This is 2020

birmingham

"all bbc 'comedy' leftie

if kumar was booked to appear on some event i was attending i would look for more than bread rolls

Really? Why is that? Do people still throw bread rolls at comedians ? This is 2020 "

well they threw bread rolls at kumar

By *rank speakerMan  over a year ago

Worcester

Ha, only a righty leaver would say that . No I don’t, do you ‘know’ any BBC political presenters who voted remain? "

Oh no! I thought we'd left Brexit behind? Here we go again?

birmingham

ian katz previous newsnight editor - ex deputy guardian editor

victoria (please don't cancel my show that has 20,000 viewers) derbyshire leftie

stephen (fat boy) nolan leftie

emma (don't mention my parents brothel) barnett - leftie

birmingham

[Removed by poster at 28/05/20 00:48:41]

birmingham

as an example - saying we get complaints from left and right so we are impartial is useless without the number of complaints about left wing bias v number of complaints about right wing bias

Where did you get the 75% figure from? "

"ian katz previous newsnight editor - ex deputy guardian editor

victoria (please don't cancel my show that has 20,000 viewers) derbyshire leftie

emma (don't mention my parents brothel) barnett - leftie"

Only a righty would think they are all lefties, do you see where I am going here

as an example - saying we get complaints from left and right so we are impartial is useless without the number of complaints about left wing bias v number of complaints about right wing bias"

So you made the 75% figure up?

"all bbc 'comedy' leftie

Really? Why is that? Do people still throw bread rolls at comedians ? This is 2020

well they threw bread rolls at kumar"

Sounds like a posh do, I have never been to a comedy show where they had bread on the tables

birmingham

nicholas watt newsnight reporter - guardian correspondent for 20 years

"nicholas watt newsnight reporter - guardian correspondent for 20 years"

Watt about him?

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

I would think anyone with half a brain would pick up on any bias and wouldn't let it sway their opinion.

I watch Fox News but it doesn't make me like or hate Trump. I keep an unbias head on and realise everyone has a different perspective. Keeping an open mind and the news won't twist my nipples.

"I would think anyone with half a brain would pick up on any bias and wouldn't let it sway their opinion.

I watch Fox News but it doesn't make me like or hate Trump. I keep an unbias head on and realise everyone has a different perspective. Keeping an open mind and the news won't twist my nipples.

"

Exactly, the problem with the extreme right & left wing is that when they here or read anything that doesn’t agree with their views they automatically assume they are right or left wing. It is paranoia

birmingham

"all bbc 'comedy' leftie

Sounds like a posh do, I have never been to a comedy show where they had bread on the tables "

lord taveners charity event -

birmingham

"nicholas watt newsnight reporter - guardian correspondent for 20 years

Watt about him? "

leftie

Watt about him?

leftie"

No he isn’t, your just paranoid

birmingham

So you made the 75% figure up? "

yes because as i said - the BBC won't release whether they have more complaints about right wing bias or vice versa

"all bbc 'comedy' leftie

Sounds like a posh do, I have never been to a comedy show where they had bread on the tables

lord taveners charity event -"

Probably not his type of crowd, comedians can’t make everyone laugh .

birmingham

Watt about him?

leftie

No he isn’t, your just paranoid "

you don't work at the guardian for 20 years without being a leftie

yes because as i said - the BBC won't release whether they have more complaints about right wing bias or vice versa"

So you made it up? Shrewd.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

All media is. Akways has been, always will be.

If you listen to media, you need to also do a lot of thinking for yourself about the parts they aren't telling us about. There is always a bigger picture.

Watt about him?

leftie

you don't work at the guardian for 20 years without being a leftie"

He isn’t, your just paranoid because he doesn’t share all your views. Open your mind to different views and opinions

"All media is. Akways has been, always will be.

If you listen to media, you need to also do a lot of thinking for yourself about the parts they aren't telling us about. There is always a bigger picture."

birmingham

i think the nish kumar joke was - if your parents voted for brexit please go home and kill them

birmingham

Watt about him?

leftie

He isn’t, your just paranoid because he doesn’t share all your views. Open your mind to different views and opinions "

i visit the guardian website so am aware it is left wing

"i think the nish kumar joke was - if your parents voted for brexit please go home and kill them"

Was that what he said? That wasn’t a wise thing to say? No wonder he had bread rolls thrown at him . Do you prefer Jim Davidson’s racist jokes ?

Watt about him?

leftie

He isn’t, your just paranoid because he doesn’t share all your views. Open your mind to different views and opinions

i visit the guardian website so am aware it is left wing"

So do I, and I don’t think it is left wing

birmingham

[Removed by poster at 28/05/20 01:23:53]

birmingham

"i think the nish kumar joke was - if your parents voted for brexit please go home and kill them

Was that what he said? That wasn’t a wise thing to say? No wonder he had bread rolls thrown at him . Do you prefer Jim Davidson’s racist jokes ? "

they were funny at the time and not many saw a massive problem with them but I accept we have moved on. Nishes jokes are not funny now so will fare less well in 30 years time

birmingham

yes because as i said - the BBC won't release whether they have more complaints about right wing bias or vice versa

So you made it up? Shrewd. "

I pointed out that 75% of complaints about left wing bias v 25% of complaints about right wing bias - would show Hall's claim as untrustworthy

If 75% of complaints to the BBC are about right wing bias v 25% of complaints about left wing bias - it would show Hall's claim as untrustworthy - but he was answering a question about left wing bias at the BBC

"i think the nish kumar joke was - if your parents voted for brexit please go home and kill them

Was that what he said? That wasn’t a wise thing to say? No wonder he had bread rolls thrown at him . Do you prefer Jim Davidson’s racist jokes ?

they were funny at the time and not many saw a massive problem with them but I accept we have moved on. Nishes jokes are not funny now so will fare less well in 30 years time"

Yes, they weren’t funny, but neither were Jim Davidson’s racist jokes, so it’s the same really

birmingham

[Removed by poster at 28/05/20 01:27:32]

birmingham

Watt about him?

leftie

So do I, and I don’t think it is left wing "

if you don't think the guardian is left wing then you can't think the daily mail is right wing

I pointed out that 75% of complaints about left wing bias v 25% of complaints about right wing bias - would show Hall's claim as untrustworthy

If 75% of complaints to the BBC are about right wing bias v 25% of complaints about left wing bias - it would show Hall's claim as untrustworthy - but he was answering a question about left wing bias at the BBC"

Yes, but the 75% figure was made up by you up so it proved nothing . Your looking forward something that doesn’t exist

Watt about him?

leftie

if you don't think the guardian is left wing then you can't think the daily mail is right wing"

I never said it was.

birmingham

they were funny at the time and not many saw a massive problem with them but I accept we have moved on. Nishes jokes are not funny now so will fare less well in 30 years time

Yes, they weren’t funny, but neither were Jim Davidson’s racist jokes, so it’s the same really "

well it's all subjective and time change. David Badiel would probably consider himself woke and anti-racist but that didn't stop him blacking up on fantasy football 20 odd years ago

By *ip2Man  over a year ago

Near Maidenhead

Look at the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. It's an EU agency in Sweden. It works with the WHO, other EU agencies, and national health services.

As well as global data, it's producing daily figures of confirmed C19 cases for the Europe region EU/EEA and UK.

https://qap.ecdc.europa.eu/public/extensions/COVID-19/COVID-19.html

Has it been mentioned by the BBC?

birmingham

If 75% of complaints to the BBC are about right wing bias v 25% of complaints about left wing bias - it would show Hall's claim as untrustworthy - but he was answering a question about left wing bias at the BBC

Yes, but the 75% figure was made up by you up so it proved nothing . Your looking forward something that doesn’t exist "

if some broadcaster says we get compalints from x any y so we are impartial and they get 1,000,000 complaints from x and 2 complaints from y - then they are correct in saying they get complaints from both sides of the argument. But it is disingenuous and meaningless argument unless you are prepared to publish how many complaints you get from x and y

birmingham

Watt about him?

leftie

if you don't think the guardian is left wing then you can't think the daily mail is right wing

I never said it was. "

but it is - and it is diametrically opposed to the guardian on everything

Yes, they weren’t funny, but neither were Jim Davidson’s racist jokes, so it’s the same really

well it's all subjective and time change. David Badiel would probably consider himself woke and anti-racist but that didn't stop him blacking up on fantasy football 20 odd years ago "

Indeed, maybe David Badiel is really a racist ? Why did he ‘black up’ 20 years ago?

Watt about him?

leftie

I never said it was.

but it is - and it is diametrically opposed to the guardian on everything"

So what is your point?

Yes, but the 75% figure was made up by you up so it proved nothing . Your looking forward something that doesn’t exist

if some broadcaster says we get compalints from x any y so we are impartial and they get 1,000,000 complaints from x and 2 complaints from y - then they are correct in saying they get complaints from both sides of the argument. But it is disingenuous and meaningless argument unless you are prepared to publish how many complaints you get from x and y"

Exactly, so why are you speculating? You do realise that a person with extreme right or left wing views will always see bias that doesn’t agree with their view even if it doesn’t exist

birmingham

Watt about him?

leftie

I never said it was.

So what is your point? "

the guardian is overwhelmingly perceived as left wing

Watt about him?

leftie

I never said it was.

So what is your point?

the guardian is overwhelmingly perceived as left wing"

And your saying that the Mail is overwhelming perceived as right wing? So, your point is? This is about biased media ? It’s ok for the mail to be right wing but not ok for the guardian to be left wing?

birmingham

Watt about him?

leftie

I never said it was.

So what is your point?

And your saying that the Mail is overwhelming perceived as right wing? So, your point is? This is about biased media ? It’s ok for the mail to be right wing but not ok for the guardian to be left wing? "

no its fine I don't mind the guardian being left wing - but newsnight had no problem recruiting James O'Nobrain but would not consider anyone like Peter Hitchens

the BBC is a big fan of diversity except when it comes to diversity of opinion

birmingham

if some broadcaster says we get compalints from x any y so we are impartial and they get 1,000,000 complaints from x and 2 complaints from y - then they are correct in saying they get complaints from both sides of the argument. But it is disingenuous and meaningless argument unless you are prepared to publish how many complaints you get from x and y

Exactly, so why are you speculating? You do realise that a person with extreme right or left wing views will always see bias that doesn’t agree with their view even if it doesn’t exist "

but that means if the BBC is left wing then it is not possible for anyone to be able to identify it as left wing

Exactly, so why are you speculating? You do realise that a person with extreme right or left wing views will always see bias that doesn’t agree with their view even if it doesn’t exist

but that means if the BBC is left wing then it is not possible for anyone to be able to identify it as left wing"

This is getting tedious, I will leave you with this, the right wing think the BBC is left wing and the left wing think the BBC is right wing .

birmingham

but that means if the BBC is left wing then it is not possible for anyone to be able to identify it as left wing

This is getting tedious, I will leave you with this, the right wing think the BBC is left wing and the left wing think the BBC is right wing . "

I agree it is getting tedious - I will leave you with this - the right wing want to decriminalise the bbc licence fee - the left wing don't want to decriminalise the licence fee

birmingham

This is getting tedious, I will leave you with this, the right wing think the BBC is left wing and the left wing think the BBC is right wing . "

I agree it is getting tedious - I will leave you with this - the right wing want to decriminalise the bbc licence fee - the left wing don't want to decriminalise the licence fee

This is getting tedious, I will leave you with this, the right wing think the BBC is left wing and the left wing think the BBC is right wing .

I agree it is getting tedious - I will leave you with this - the right wing want to decriminalise the bbc licence fee - the left wing don't want to decriminalise the licence fee"

I really shouldn’t reply but that made me chuckle. Where did you get that information from? The same place as your 75% figure? And if it is true , what does it prove?

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

[Removed by poster at 28/05/20 05:24:08]

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Yes, they are both very biased. I don't watch either of them anymore. I watch itv. Love him or hate him, Piers Morgan is entertaining to watch and does try to get straight answers. Interesting how a lot if govt officials are boycotting GMB at the moment, says it all really.

the only news channel that tells it as it is and digs behind the headlines is rt news,people think its Russian propaganda but if that's true why are there so many American presenters on it. any report on American south states shows what real deprivation is there which you will never see on bbc/itv/nbc, why do you think numpty trump wants it banned!. if you want to see real news that tells what is really going on rt is only channel doing it!

By *ackem5555Man  over a year ago

bishop auckland

They all are wanting to control the narrative,they did this during Brexit and always fail to be inpartial in there reporting,hate having to use this line but most of wats on TV now is FAKE NEWS sorry for his comment but it is right

By *ddmanMan  over a year ago

Norwich

Googling for "How left or right-wing are the UK’s newspapers Yougov" gives a lovely newspaper bias analysis (with charts!).

The left/right thing is a gross over-simplification. What's important is whether you feel your available media supports your worldview, or attacks it. Those views have axes eg

- trationalist/progressive

- libertarian/authoritarian

- nationalist/internationalist

- individualism/collectivism

And others. That's complicated though, and isn't easily communicable in political media discourse so we shortcut it.

Editorial slant is comparative ; mainstream media channels in the UK as, say, compared to the US, are objectively more politically neutral. We are a smaller, less rigidly camped people and there's not enough eyeball attention to survive as a single viewpoint publication - though the Morning Star does try, bless 'em.

Humans engage when a powerful social voice denounces thier preferred life choices. News media survives on emotional engagement - when it riles you, it's doing it's job.

Peg an emotional position for yourself read around several sources for a story (especially ones you feel uncomfortable about!) and you'll spot the slants and editorial motives and sift the details from the opinion.

By *ncutgemMan  over a year ago

Bath ish

Utterly non selective they stick to uk corona !!!!

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"ian katz previous newsnight editor - ex deputy guardian editor

emma (don't mention my parents brothel) barnett - leftie"

Jeremy Paxman-Tory

Andrew Neill-Tory

David Dimbleby-Tory

Laura Kuenssberg-Tory

Nick Robinson-Tory

"the only news channel that tells it as it is and digs behind the headlines is rt news,people think its Russian propaganda but if that's true why are there so many American presenters on it. any report on American south states shows what real deprivation is there which you will never see on bbc/itv/nbc, why do you think numpty trump wants it banned!. if you want to see real news that tells what is really going on rt is only channel doing it!"

You're absolutely right Vladimir

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

Is it the calibre of journalists or simply the system that if they push too much or ask difficult questions they just won’t get access?

Politicians have not forgotten or forgiven for the Expenses scandal a decade ago.

Definitely

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

It's called propaganda.

If you want to have more of an idea of what is really going on watch UKColumn news on the internet every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 1.00 pm

All the back editions on line as well

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

The bbc does try to be impartial. Doesn't always succeed and sometimes tries too hard. The fact a lot people accuse it of being left wing and a lot right wing means its doing its job most of the time. Sky is a little more right wing and channel 4 a little more left wing. Uk news channels all occupy the middle ground and try not to be sensationalist. In the uk we don't anything like FOX news. These days most people want the news and media to reinforce their views not inform. Social media in the main does that.

By *rumalexMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

As someone put earlier in the thread, people need to listen to the news and make their own minds up, wheter left or right, the government of the day will always accuse the bbc of being against them if they criticise them, but more recently there is a growing narrative of "fake news" so they are slowly turning the public against the media, we are seeing it with the cummings situation, some people are starting to call it a witchunt, but they are just reporting on what he has done, Trump in the USA rounds on reporters when they ask him a difficult question, but he doesn't actually give an answer

Haha, what? Look at the board of the BBC.

Bristol

Watt about him?

leftie

I never said it was.

So what is your point?

And your saying that the Mail is overwhelming perceived as right wing? So, your point is? This is about biased media ? It’s ok for the mail to be right wing but not ok for the guardian to be left wing?

no its fine I don't mind the guardian being left wing - but newsnight had no problem recruiting James O'Nobrain but would not consider anyone like Peter Hitchens

the BBC is a big fan of diversity except when it comes to diversity of opinion"

I notice that you are doing your best to avoid Andrew Neill in all your posts. It’s probably a coincidence....

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

she will be back next week. The bbc originally said she had breached guidelines and staff would be reminded of those guidelines. If i broke guidelines at work I would be given a warning or sacked"

Not if your name was Dominic cummings..

Maitlis was spot on with what she said, possibly had it been said after the other pieces which showed cummings had done what he liked then no problem..

Apart from the usual alt right dog barking..

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Those well known socialist mavericks nick Robinson and laura klunsberg.

liverpool

Watt about him?

leftie

I never said it was.

So what is your point?

the guardian is overwhelmingly perceived as left wing"

Its really not.

It's a centrist paper.

Watt about him?

leftie

I never said it was.

So what is your point?

Its really not.

It's a centrist paper."

Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Watt about him?

leftie

I never said it was.

So what is your point?

Its really not.

It's a centrist paper."

Watt about him?

leftie

I never said it was.

So what is your point?

Its really not.

It's a centrist paper.

Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha "

Only a right winger would think the Guardian is left wing

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

You mean like Fox News? Or the Daily Mail?

Or are they not mainstream enough for you?

Think yourself luck you live in a country where there is a free press, picking fault with both sides of any story.

The alternative is available in China, Russia, North Korea, Iran, etc.

If the mainstream media gets lefties AND Pound Shop Nazis all upset, it's probably got it about right.

Annoying everyone is better than pleasing one side.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

News "

a correction needs to be made......

actually Sky News is no longer owned by the murdochs.... Skys entire european operation was sold to Comcast/NBC Universal, who are the Owners of NBC network and MSNBC in the states

News

a correction needs to be made......

actually Sky News is no longer owned by the murdochs.... Skys entire european operation was sold to Comcast/NBC Universal, who are the Owners of NBC network and MSNBC in the states"

I stand corrected ,

By *olvo cplCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

[Removed by poster at 28/05/20 11:17:58]

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

"

"

Or possibly, the Torys want the BBC to fail (so the media owners that fund their party don't have as much competition), but it's too popular to do this directly.

They are therefore coming up with lots of ways to do so more subtly. Reducing the amount the license fee raises is a good example. Others are forcing the BBC to reduce the popular stuff, and focus on more "niche" output, until the population find it less relevant. At which point they will go in for the kill.

birmingham

Watt about him?

leftie

I never said it was.

So what is your point?

I notice that you are doing your best to avoid Andrew Neill in all your posts. It’s probably a coincidence...."

Naga (TDS) Munchety leftie

Dan Walker leftie

Claire Balding leftie

Simon Mayo leftie

Mark (trust me Trump will never win) Kermode leftie

Nihal leftie and the TV reviewers on his Monday show Hayley Campbell guardian leftie and Scott Bryan leftie

Rachel burden leftie

Jane Garvey leftie

Richard Bacon leftie

Watt about him?

leftie

I never said it was.

So what is your point?

I notice that you are doing your best to avoid Andrew Neill in all your posts. It’s probably a coincidence....

Dan Walker leftie

Claire Balding leftie

Simon Mayo leftie

Nihal leftie and the TV reviewers on his Monday show Hayley Campbell guardian leftie and Scott Bryan leftie

Rachel burden leftie

Jane Garvey leftie

Richard Bacon leftie

"

How do you ‘know’ these people are ‘lefties’? Only a righty would think that

birmingham

Watt about him?

leftie

I never said it was.

So what is your point?

Dan Walker leftie

Claire Balding leftie

Simon Mayo leftie

Rachel burden leftie

Jane Garvey leftie

Richard Bacon leftie

How do you ‘know’ these people are ‘lefties’? Only a righty would think that "

Kirsty walk leftie

Jeremy Vile leftie

Shaun Ley leftie

Watt about him?

leftie

I never said it was.

So what is your point?

Dan Walker leftie

Claire Balding leftie

Simon Mayo leftie

Rachel burden leftie

Jane Garvey leftie

Richard Bacon leftie

How do you ‘know’ these people are ‘lefties’? Only a righty would think that

Kirsty walk leftie

Jeremy Vile leftie

Shaun Ley leftie"

They are only lefties to a righty

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Jeremy Vine a lefty?

You must be joking surely.

birmingham

"Jeremy Vine a lefty?

You must be joking surely."

no I'm not joking - and don't call me shirley

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

I noticed bbc's newsnight got in trouble the other day over the Cummings story

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Well they have to be you cannot report all that is going on you just have to search it out for yourself

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Jeremy Vine a lefty?

You must be joking surely."

"I noticed bbc's newsnight got in trouble the other day over the Cummings story"

Yeah, because the BBC is obviously left wing

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

"I noticed bbc's newsnight got in trouble the other day over the Cummings story

Yeah, because the BBC is obviously left wing "

I did not say left or right wing just the fact that they got in trouble in relation to the Cummings story

"I noticed bbc's newsnight got in trouble the other day over the Cummings story

Yeah, because the BBC is obviously left wing

I did not say left or right wing just the fact that they got in trouble in relation to the Cummings story"

I know, sorry, my joke was aimed at someone else

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

...just like Dominic Cummings should be

By *evina-CD-11-69Man  over a year ago

Hackney Village

British BullShit Corparation

It's funny BBC always get accused of being right by the left and lefty by the right. So I'm middle is prob true

liverpool

"It's funny BBC always get accused of being right by the left and lefty by the right. So I'm middle is prob true"

I'd like someone to provide just 1 example of left wing bias by the bbc.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I noticed bbc's newsnight got in trouble the other day over the Cummings story"

Emily Maitlis got into trouble and was censured by her employer (BBC), which is more than can be said for Cummings.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Did anyone see yesterday's downing street confrontation on the bbc? Was all over Twitter. Id have thought people assaulting police officers and trying to scale downing streets fence would have made more of a headline?

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

https://youtu.be/dbaR2oIQL8A

birmingham

"It's funny BBC always get accused of being right by the left and lefty by the right. So I'm middle is prob true

I'd like someone to provide just 1 example of left wing bias by the bbc."

James O'brien presenting newsnight

liverpool

"It's funny BBC always get accused of being right by the left and lefty by the right. So I'm middle is prob true

James O'brien presenting newsnight"

What did he do?

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

James O'brien presenting newsnight"

He left specifically because he couldn't stay neutral on things he disagreed with.

Some say the BBC are left wing, some say right wing. But they was anti Brexit they can't hide from that, so I don't think people will fully trust them again.

liverpool

"Some say the BBC are left wing, some say right wing. But they was anti Brexit they can't hide from that, so I don't think people will fully trust them again. "

How were they anti Brexit?

"Some say the BBC are left wing, some say right wing. But they was anti Brexit they can't hide from that, so I don't think people will fully trust them again. "

How?

"Some say the BBC are left wing, some say right wing. But they was anti Brexit they can't hide from that, so I don't think people will fully trust them again.

How? "

If you didn't see it then there's no hope the BBC can do and say what they like.

liverpool

"Some say the BBC are left wing, some say right wing. But they was anti Brexit they can't hide from that, so I don't think people will fully trust them again.

How? If you didn't see it then there's no hope the BBC can do and say what they like. "

So you have no actual examples of this anti Brexit bias?

liverpool

Was it around the time kunsberg reported that matt Hancock had been attacked by a labour supporter which later turned out to be completely untrue?

How? If you didn't see it then there's no hope the BBC can do and say what they like.

So you have no actual examples of this anti Brexit bias?"

I could name lots take me all day, just say please name one question time panel was in favour of brexit. You be lucky to name one that had more than one member of the panel backing Brexit,some weeks no Brexit surporters on the panel .

That's fine because you are anti Brexit so it was TV gold for remainers.

liverpool

How? If you didn't see it then there's no hope the BBC can do and say what they like.

So you have no actual examples of this anti Brexit bias?I could name lots take me all day, just say please name one question time panel was in favour of brexit. You be lucky to name one that had more than one member of the panel backing Brexit,some weeks no Brexit surporters on the panel .

That's fine because you are anti Brexit so it was TV gold for remainers. "

Nigel Farage appeared 33 times on qt.

birmingham

So you have no actual examples of this anti Brexit bias?I could name lots take me all day, just say please name one question time panel was in favour of brexit. You be lucky to name one that had more than one member of the panel backing Brexit,some weeks no Brexit surporters on the panel .

Nigel Farage appeared 33 times on qt."

Spiked online did research that shows over a 2 year period qt had about 300 remainers compared to 150 leavers on the panel

birmingham

He left specifically because he couldn't stay neutral on things he disagreed with."

That was obvious before he got the gig. I complained to the bbc that he say ultra left wing but they said he was a good fit for newsnight

birmingham

"Was it around the time kunsberg reported that matt Hancock had been attacked by a labour supporter which later turned out to be completely untrue?"

Sometimes reporters get things wrong. There is now a rush to be first with a story and so insufficient checks are made. If Kuenssssberg had been told a labour mp had been attacked by a Conservative supporter I'm sure she would have acted the same way

liverpool

"Was it around the time kunsberg reported that matt Hancock had been attacked by a labour supporter which later turned out to be completely untrue?

Sometimes reporters get things wrong. There is now a rush to be first with a story and so insufficient checks are made. If Kuenssssberg had been told a labour mp had been attacked by a Conservative supporter I'm sure she would have acted the same way"

I'm sure she would.

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

liverpool

Spiked online did research that shows over a 2 year period qt had about 300 remainers compared to 150 leavers on the panel"

Presumably they asked everyone on the show which way they voted?

liverpool

He left specifically because he couldn't stay neutral on things he disagreed with.

That was obvious before he got the gig. I complained to the bbc that he say ultra left wing but they said he was a good fit for newsnight"

He describes himself as a liberal.

Spiked online did research that shows over a 2 year period qt had about 300 remainers compared to 150 leavers on the panel

Presumably they asked everyone on the show which way they voted?"

Yes or don't the bbc vet people before the show.

liverpool

Presumably they asked everyone on the show which way they voted?Yes or don't the bbc vet people before the show. "

Vet in what way?

I'm fairly certain they arent allowed to ask which way you vote before letting you appear.

birmingham

"Was it around the time kunsberg reported that matt Hancock had been attacked by a labour supporter which later turned out to be completely untrue?

Sometimes reporters get things wrong. There is now a rush to be first with a story and so insufficient checks are made. If Kuenssssberg had been told a labour mp had been attacked by a Conservative supporter I'm sure she would have acted the same way

I'm sure she would."

so a reporter with a big news story wouln't report it - even though she would know someone else would get the story?

birmingham

Presumably they asked everyone on the show which way they voted?"

most people who go on qt express an opinion

liverpool

I'm sure she would.

so a reporter with a big news story wouln't report it - even though she would know someone else would get the story?"

I would have thought even the lowlist journalist would have checked the validity of it before splashing it across twitter?

Not our Laura though.

liverpool

most people who go on qt express an opinion"

That they do but there is a big difference between asking them outright who they voted for.

There are countless examples of bbc towing the tory party.

I've yet to hear 1 solid one the other way..just a claim that a programme whose studio audience is heavily Tory dominated is somehow anti Brexit.

Ipswich

That they do but there is a big difference between asking them outright who they voted for.

I've yet to hear 1 solid one the other way..just a claim that a programme whose studio audience is heavily Tory dominated is somehow anti Brexit."

What examples do you have? out of curiosity

liverpool

I've yet to hear 1 solid one the other way..just a claim that a programme whose studio audience is heavily Tory dominated is somehow anti Brexit.

What examples do you have? out of curiosity"

Off the top of my head

Kunsberg/Hancock

Boris and the wreath

Qt audience

Making up corbyn to look like stalin in newsnight

Exposure given to Farage

Kunsberg being less than critical of the crises

Ipswich

Off the top of my head

Kunsberg/Hancock

Boris and the wreath

Qt audience

Exposure given to Farage

Kunsberg being less than critical of the crises"

All anecdotal. Any actual upheld complaints?

liverpool

Off the top of my head

Kunsberg/Hancock

Boris and the wreath

Qt audience

Exposure given to Farage

Kunsberg being less than critical of the crises

All anecdotal. Any actual upheld complaints? "

Anecdotal?

Well they all actually happened.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

I've yet to hear 1 solid one the other way..just a claim that a programme whose studio audience is heavily Tory dominated is somehow anti Brexit."

To be fair I remember QT during the brexit time and the introduction started of by saying they had equal amounts of leavers and remainders in the audience. When the guests were introduced it included mostly how they voted. They must have asked