FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > There wont be a transition period.

There wont be a transition period.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As I see it there wont be a transition period instead they will have until 31st of october then it is a cliff edge moment, after that the deal will be a wto style, have I understood it right there?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

If you look at the history of the EU no deals are done until five past midnight on the last day. This will be just the same imvho, the signs are there that both sides are still talking tough but there is some movement. There is a deal to be done

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

The UK are in the transition period right now!

The UK left the EU on 31st January 2020 and the transition period started on 1st February till the 31st December 2020.

"The UK are in the transition period right now!

The UK left the EU on 31st January 2020 and the transition period started on 1st February till the 31st December 2020."

That is right. I think I worded it abit wrong there. I meant will the transition period continue after that date there?

"If you look at the history of the EU no deals are done until five past midnight on the last day. This will be just the same imvho, the signs are there that both sides are still talking tough but there is some movement. There is a deal to be done "
Yes there are deals to be done too. I think the fishing rights are a hot topic right now there too.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

The UK left the EU on 31st January 2020 and the transition period started on 1st February till the 31st December 2020.That is right. I think I worded it abit wrong there. I meant will the transition period continue after that date there?"

nope they have to ask for extensuon before end of the month and cant see that happening

The UK left the EU on 31st January 2020 and the transition period started on 1st February till the 31st December 2020.That is right. I think I worded it abit wrong there. I meant will the transition period continue after that date there?

nope they have to ask for extensuon before end of the month and cant see that happening"

Yes and I reckon the same as well. I am not sure why they dont want it do you?

borehamwood

because it a big part of what yhe torys got voted in on.that they wouldnt exyend and the uk would be out end of december

ROMFORD

The UK left the EU on 31st January 2020 and the transition period started on 1st February till the 31st December 2020.That is right. I think I worded it abit wrong there. I meant will the transition period continue after that date there?

nope they have to ask for extensuon before end of the month and cant see that happeningYes and I reckon the same as well. I am not sure why they dont want it do you?"

Simply answer is it would make the UK look weak at the negotiation table.

Cameron kept going to the EU asking for a better deal for the UK. The EU didn't want to offer anything and called his bluff about holding a referendum believing the UK would never vote to leave. (They got that wrong!)

Then May was treated poorly by the EU because they don't like the thought of any competition on their door step.

Now we have a PM who is prepared to stand up to the EU. And as our negotiating team has said, we just want to be treated as any other country looking to make a deal with the EU. Not subject to to previous restrictions.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

The UK left the EU on 31st January 2020 and the transition period started on 1st February till the 31st December 2020.That is right. I think I worded it abit wrong there. I meant will the transition period continue after that date there?"

Last I read on it just the other day is the UK has ruled out extending the transition and officially told the EU of this. The EU has now accepted this

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

nope they have to ask for extensuon before end of the month and cant see that happeningYes and I reckon the same as well. I am not sure why they dont want it do you?

Cameron kept going to the EU asking for a better deal for the UK. The EU didn't want to offer anything and called his bluff about holding a referendum believing the UK would never vote to leave. (They got that wrong!)

Then May was treated poorly by the EU because they don't like the thought of any competition on their door step.

Now we have a PM who is prepared to stand up to the EU. And as our negotiating team has said, we just want to be treated as any other country looking to make a deal with the EU. Not subject to to previous restrictions. "

Revisionist bit of history there.

"because it a big part of what yhe torys got voted in on.that they wouldnt exyend and the uk would be out end of december"
That is right so you can say they have one foot in and one out until that date there.

nope they have to ask for extensuon before end of the month and cant see that happeningYes and I reckon the same as well. I am not sure why they dont want it do you?

Now we have a PM who is prepared to stand up to the EU. And as our negotiating team has said, we just want to be treated as any other country looking to make a deal with the EU. Not subject to to previous restrictions. "

Yes different pms with diffeent goals, one thing they have in common is that they dont understand that it is about to not get the worst deal, cos when you leave a club you cant have the same or better deal, it is like the whole cake but not the cherry on top of it.

borehamwood

not really.we not git any m.e.p.s anymore we dont sit in the eu parliment no more either so not really one foot in and one out.all that happening now is the clocks getting run down.it was obvious that was gona happen as soon as the GE was called.it was only labour who thought they had a chance.think the s.n.p and lib dems knew what the outcome was going to be.know u want to remain shag but think your flogging a dead horse

ROMFORD

"not really.we not git any m.e.p.s anymore we dont sit in the eu parliment no more either so not really one foot in and one out.all that happening now is the clocks getting run down.it was obvious that was gona happen as soon as the GE was called.it was only labour who thought they had a chance.think the s.n.p and lib dems knew what the outcome was going to be.know u want to remain shag but think your flogging a dead horse"

The UK can't remain in something they have already left.!

"not really.we not git any m.e.p.s anymore we dont sit in the eu parliment no more either so not really one foot in and one out.all that happening now is the clocks getting run down.it was obvious that was gona happen as soon as the GE was called.it was only labour who thought they had a chance.think the s.n.p and lib dems knew what the outcome was going to be.know u want to remain shag but think your flogging a dead horse

The UK can't remain in something they have already left.!"

That is right and I know that too, but I am hoping for some kind of justice to northern ireland and scotland

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Now we have a PM who is prepared to stand up to the EU. And as our negotiating team has said, we just want to be treated as any other country looking to make a deal with the EU. Not subject to to previous restrictions.

Revisionist bit of history there."

Not sure what you mean by revisionist?

Cameron asked for some concessions..fact.

Warned would lead to referendum if didn't get something to take back...(to stem rise of UKIP)...fact

EU called his bluff...fact (they got that wrong)

EU convinced we would vote to stay (got that wrong too).

May was a remainer...fact

Never negotiated from strength...fact

EU took the piss seeing her weakness...fact

Made worse by her calling GE...fact

Boris wins next GE by a mile on a manifesto to leave ASAP.

Don't see any revision there....

» Add a new message to this topic