FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > BLM

BLM

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

100% they do and not sure about dismantling capitalism and refunding police..

To replace with what exactly...?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"100% they do and not sure about dismantling capitalism and refunding police..

To replace with what exactly...?"

I get Black Lives Matter and I support it.

These plans (which are on their website as one of their aims) are divisive and seem to now be the main talking point rather than normalising equality.

In an ideal world no police and prisons would be brilliant. But it’s never going to happen due to human nature.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Yeah great idea doing away with the police until the vulnerable are constantly being robbed, hundreds of people being killed every day by d*unk drivers, drivers with no licence,mot and insurance, nothing open due to looters. I really think the people who think we can do without the police should go live in a country where there is no law and order for a while and give it a try for a while.

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

These are US issues and don't equate to much here in sane land

The loony left are as bad as the right over there

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Have you seen the reports from Seattle, people being killed and left to die because police and emergency services refuse to enter the CHOP zone.

Absolute mayhem. Your right im glad I don't live across in the US

North Bucks

"Have you seen the reports from Seattle, people being killed and left to die because police and emergency services refuse to enter the CHOP zone.

Absolute mayhem. Your right im glad I don't live across in the US "

The first thing they did when they established the Chaz was stringently enforce who could come in. Yet they call for open borders

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Have you seen the reports from Seattle, people being killed and left to die because police and emergency services refuse to enter the CHOP zone.

The first thing they did when they established the Chaz was stringently enforce who could come in. Yet they call for open borders "

Yep... Built a wall and had black only areas.... Segregation and the main trump manifesto point. How progressive

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

The first thing they did when they established the Chaz was stringently enforce who could come in. Yet they call for open borders

Yep... Built a wall and had black only areas.... Segregation and the main trump manifesto point. How progressive "

Yea it's ironic. Im actually surprised it got this far.

I'm sorry to disappoint many but I don't share everyone's enthusiasm. I was called a Racist Troll on Facebook for this.

Two wrongs don't make a right but statically more white European people's had been sold into slavery than any number of African slaves that went to the New World.

"Slavery in the Ottoman Empire was a legal and significant part of the Ottoman Empire's economy and traditional society.[1] The main sources of slaves were wars and politically organized enslavement expeditions in Eastern Europe, the Balkans, and the Caucasus. It has been reported that the selling price of slaves decreased after large military operations.[2] In Constantinople (present-day Istanbul), the administrative and political center of the Ottoman Empire, about a fifth of the 16th- and 17th-century population consisted of slaves.[3] Sixteenth- and 17th-century customs statistics suggest that Istanbul's additional slave imports from the European Black Sea may have totaled around 2.5 million from 1453 to 1700 alone.[4]

Even after several measures to ban slavery in the late 19th century, the practice continued largely unabated to 1908 and mainly consisted of women slaves from Eastern Europe.

Ottoman slavery in Central and Eastern Europe Edit

See also: Crimean-Nogai slave raids in Europe.

It is estimated that up to 75% of the Crimean population consisted of slaves or freed slaves.[24] The 17th century Ottoman writer and traveller Evliya Çelebi estimated that there were about 400,000 slaves in the Crimea but only 187,000 free Muslims.[25] Polish historian Bohdan Baranowski assumed that in the 17th century century Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth (present-day Poland, Ukraine and Belarus) lost an average of 20,000 yearly and as many as one million in all years combined from 1500 to 1644.[25]

According to Dr Robert Davis, between 1 million and 1.25 million Europeans were captured by Barbary pirates and sold as slaves in North Africa and Ottoman Empire between the 15th and 19th centuries, the main source came from coastal regions of Ireland, England and Mediterranean Europe.[17][18]

There are no records of how many men, women and children were enslaved, but it is possible to calculate roughly the number of fresh captives that would have been needed to keep populations steady and replace those slaves who died, escaped, were ransomed, or converted to Islam. On this basis it is thought that around 8,500 new slaves were needed annually to replenish numbers - about 850,000 captives over the century from 1580 to 1680. By extension, for the 250 years between 1530 and 1780, the figure could easily have been as high as 1,250,000."[19]

Should we tear down Roman statues in Britain too ? They enslaved the Britions....

BLM want to erase history.. But a country with no history has no future

When I saw UK police going down on one knee I knew all was lost....

Unlike the Brixton Race Riots, when the Police use to throw the bricks back and get stuck in and sort things out...

We're a spineless society...

Police Officers that arrested scum bag George Floyd – Thomas Lane is white, Derek Chauvin is Hispanic, Tou Thao is Hmong/East Asian, and J Alexander Kueng is Black ! How is this a Racist fatality ?!

George Floyd died tragically while being arrested by four Minneapolis (Minnesota) Police Officers – Thomas Lane, Derek Chauvin, Tou Thao, and J Alexander Kueng for passing a $20 counterfeit bill. Nobody is aware of George Floyd’s Criminal Past Record/Arrest Timeline for armed robbery, pointing a gun at a pregnant woman and being involved in cocaine/white bag/baggie charges.

The Union Chief of Minneapolis Police (MPD) released a statement on 1st June 2020, shedding light on late George Floyd’s ‘violent criminal history’. The Union Chief, Bob Kroll wrote in a letter to his acquaintances and followers on Twitter, “What is not being told is the violent criminal history of George Floyd. The media will not air this”.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"

George Floyd died tragically while being arrested by four Minneapolis (Minnesota) Police Officers – Thomas Lane, Derek Chauvin, Tou Thao, and J Alexander Kueng for passing a $20 counterfeit bill. Nobody is aware of George Floyd’s Criminal Past Record/Arrest Timeline for armed robbery, pointing a gun at a pregnant woman and being involved in cocaine/white bag/baggie charges.

The Union Chief of Minneapolis Police (MPD) released a statement on 1st June 2020, shedding light on late George Floyd’s ‘violent criminal history’. The Union Chief, Bob Kroll wrote in a letter to his acquaintances and followers on Twitter, “What is not being told is the violent criminal history of George Floyd. The media will not air this”."

What made the policeman who killed him judge,jury and executioner?

"

The Union Chief of Minneapolis Police (MPD) released a statement on 1st June 2020, shedding light on late George Floyd’s ‘violent criminal history’. The Union Chief, Bob Kroll wrote in a letter to his acquaintances and followers on Twitter, “What is not being told is the violent criminal history of George Floyd. The media will not air this”.

What made the policeman who killed him judge,jury and executioner?"

You do know that the knee is used by Police and Security forces around the world to apprehend

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

The Union Chief of Minneapolis Police (MPD) released a statement on 1st June 2020, shedding light on late George Floyd’s ‘violent criminal history’. The Union Chief, Bob Kroll wrote in a letter to his acquaintances and followers on Twitter, “What is not being told is the violent criminal history of George Floyd. The media will not air this”."

And your happy to swallow the words of the representatives of a police department whose members have multiple cases of brutality against black people?

How many cases had there been against the ex officer whose knew was on George Floyd's neck?

And whilst all the above may be true that still does not explain why he was murdered..

For what he was accused of and for which they attended..

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

"

You do know that the knee is used by Police and Security forces around the world to apprehend"

Used in places like isreal to oppress Palestinians

Banned in Europe apart from france

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"These are US issues and don't equate to much here in sane land

The loony left are as bad as the right over there"

They are as bad everywhere extremism is bad

Guidelines still allow the police to use restraint techniques (2011) that have proved fatal, a review of existing protocols reveals.

A 2010 report by the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) into deaths in police custody states that between 1998 and 2009 there were 16 cases in which restraint was a direct or contributory factor to the death.

But research by the Bureau and the charity Inquest has identified a further eight cases where restraint was an issue – a figure 50% higher than the IPCC’s number.

‘Proportionate’ use of force

Despite a body of research on the dangers of certain restraint holds, the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) says no restraint techniques are prohibited, as long as an officer can show the use of force was proportionate.

Commander Bob Broadhurst, who was ACPO’s lead on self-defence and restraint until September 2011, said: ‘The restraint of individuals is an extremely challenging, but necessary, part of modern policing. Officers will use restraint to safely resolve potentially violent situations where an individual presents a danger to themselves or others.

The current ACPO lead on restraint, Commander Simon Pountain, said: ‘Officers are required to make split-second decisions in difficult situations. Where an individual is violent and represents a danger to themselves and the public, the police are rightly expected to restrain them for their own safety and to protect other members of the public.

‘We have sought advice and guidance from Home Office, the medical profession and used learnings from IPCC investigations to best equip officers to respond to extremely violent, manic and agitated individuals.

‘Foremost in officers’ minds is the safe resolution to volatile situations, not a medical diagnosis.'

A technique which is sighted as a factor in so called ‘deaths in custody’ is what is known as ‘prone restraint’. It involves forcing a suspect face-down onto the floor, cuffing their hands behind their back and then putting pressure on their torso, shoulders and neck.

Related article: Calls for inquiry as investigation questions official figures into deaths after police restraint

For example, an officer may pin the suspect’s body to the floor with a knee on their back, and another may immobilise the suspect’s head by kneeling on their neck.

liverpool

"

You do know that the knee is used by Police and Security forces around the world to apprehend"

So its common practice for a policeman to kill a man in the street?

"

Banned in Europe apart from france"

If I died in police custody in France, would I make world news I wonder ? No....

"

You do know that the knee is used by Police and Security forces around the world to apprehend

So its common practice for a policeman to kill a man in the street?"

Seems to be in places like Nigeria. Would you like some disturbing YouTube videos of Police brutality there ? I thought all BLM ?

Chelmsford

"

If I died in police custody in France, would I make world news I wonder ? No...."

Poldark, you are twisting this thread in my opinion and sadly the MoDs will close it.

The thread is not a re run of the aweful death.

It's a thread about what society will look like if you dismantle capitalism and defined police and what that might look like.

"

If I died in police custody in France, would I make world news I wonder ? No....

Poldark, you are twisting this thread in my opinion and sadly the MoDs will close it.

The thread is not a re run of the aweful death.

It's a thread about what society will look like if you dismantle capitalism and defined police and what that might look like. "

Be more like this in Brixton

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53176472

liverpool

"

Seems to be in places like Nigeria. Would you like some disturbing YouTube videos of Police brutality there ? I thought all BLM ?"

So because its acceptable in Nigeria..its acceptable everywhere?

Chelmsford

I have watched fox news and other reports about the CHOP zone in Seattle.

Police have been stopped from using tear gas for a month and vacated the area. Sadly there was a shooting inside the area. It's become largely a place of celebration and community. Could this happen here and would it work?

Just because an area is police free does not mean it has to be lawless. In fact if there are no laws then it can't be lawless... In a way

"

Seems to be in places like Nigeria. Would you like some disturbing YouTube videos of Police brutality there ? I thought all BLM ?

So because its acceptable in Nigeria..its acceptable everywhere?"

Read it again.. Where did I say it was acceptable ?

Don't put words in my mouth. Do with the facts and statistics as you wish.

Chelmsford

These plans (which are on their website as one of their aims) are divisive and seem to now be the main talking point rather than normalising equality.

In an ideal world no police and prisons would be brilliant. But it’s never going to happen due to human nature. "

This is the point for me. If the stated aims of BLM are to dismantle capitalism then football clubs, the epitome of Capitalism, are supporting that aim.

Or are people blinded by the BLM slogan and not scratching underneath..

North Bucks

In an ideal world no police and prisons would be brilliant. But it’s never going to happen due to human nature.

This is the point for me. If the stated aims of BLM are to dismantle capitalism then football clubs, the epitome of Capitalism, are supporting that aim.

Or are people blinded by the BLM slogan and not scratching underneath.."

I think the Aim of BLM to normalise equality is unarguable. How can anyone argue that this is bad.

I think the points such as abolishing systems and other stuff should be debated. Unfortunately if you don’t agree with all the points some people start throwing all sort of inference.

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Portland

One flew over the cuckoo's nest.

Or are people blinded by the BLM slogan and not scratching underneath..

I think the Aim of BLM to normalise equality is unarguable. How can anyone argue that this is bad.

I think the points such as abolishing systems and other stuff should be debated. Unfortunately if you don’t agree with all the points some people start throwing all sort of inference. "

Is equality to harass businesses because BLM think it's Racism ? Apparently if you're a Blacksmith it's Racism ? I kid you not !

"

So its common practice for a policeman to kill a man in the street?"

whats your view on george floyd driving around on the day he died high on meth and putting other peoples lives at risk?

"

whats your view on george floyd driving around on the day he died high on meth and putting other peoples lives at risk?"

Yes, what's his view of George Floyd if the pregnant woman he held a gun and threatened to shoot in the stomach was his daughter or something ?

North Bucks

Sadly this thread will now go the way of the others.

By *rumalexMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Sadly this thread will now go the way of the others.

"

Yep

"

Why ?

liverpool

"

whats your view on george floyd driving around on the day he died high on meth and putting other peoples lives at risk?

Yes, what's his view of George Floyd if the pregnant woman he held a gun and threatened to shoot in the stomach was his daughter or something ? "

He should have been arrested and charged.

"

Yes, what's his view of George Floyd if the pregnant woman he held a gun and threatened to shoot in the stomach was his daughter or something ?

He should have been arrested and charged."

do you think he cared about the lives of others?

in Lancashire

Why ?

"

Because people like you will look for anything to try and divert, excuse or justify what was an unnecessary use of fatal force upon a black guy..

Whataboutery, the default of those who think its fine to kneel on a guys neck who is not a threat for over eight minutes and ignore his dying words..

in Lancashire

"

do you think he cared about the lives of others?"

Has he been threatening another member if the public or the police with a weapon then justifiably potentially lethal means should be used..

The police can't work on the assumption that the person they are dealing with cares for others, is gay, ginger or black..

They should be trained to deal safely with what they are actually attending, not what may become known later to hide behind or excuse how they badly and unlawfully dealt with a person..

I want that standard applied to you and your friends and family and my own, equally it has to be across the various demographics of the societies we live in..

Why ?

Because people like you will look for anything to try and divert, excuse or justify what was an unnecessary use of fatal force upon a black guy..

Whataboutery, the default of those who think its fine to kneel on a guys neck who is not a threat for over eight minutes and ignore his dying words..

"

I haven't used an excuse or justified... Read it again... Quoting statistics isn't being judgmental.

I take offence of "people like you"

Can you explain ?

Do you think his breathing difficulties had been jeopardized by him having obvious covid-19 ?

Again where did I say I "think it's fine to kneel on a guys neck" ?

George Floyd had a history of violence ! I've yet to see any police force in the world apprehend such a suspect I'm a soft manner, before the video the guy was resisting arrest !

"

Has he been threatening another member if the public or the police with a weapon then justifiably potentially lethal means should be used..

The police can't work on the assumption that the person they are dealing with cares for others, is gay, ginger or black..

They should be trained to deal safely with what they are actually attending, not what may become known later to hide behind or excuse how they badly and unlawfully dealt with a person..

I want that standard applied to you and your friends and family and my own, equally it has to be across the various demographics of the societies we live in.. "

he was driving around that day high on meth.so yes he was a threat to the public

Chelmsford

The poor man was handcuffed behind his back. He was not posing much of a threat. I don't know much about US law enforcement but in the UK officers can use reasonable force (not minimum force) and a jury might decide what force was reasonable. UK police also have a pain compliance model. Pain may be used to ensure compliance but as soon as their is compliance then that use of force must be deescalated. Otherwise it becomes torture which is not allowewed under the European Convention on Human Rights. USA does not sign up to ECHR as far as I am aware. I do not believe that use of force was reasonable on Mt Floyd.

Chelmsford

"

I want that standard applied to you and your friends and family and my own, equally it has to be across the various demographics of the societies we live in..

he was driving around that day high on meth.so yes he was a threat to the public"

He was not driving around when he was killed

"The poor man was handcuffed behind his back. He was not posing much of a threat. I don't know much about US law enforcement but in the UK officers can use reasonable force (not minimum force) and a jury might decide what force was reasonable. UK police also have a pain compliance model. Pain may be used to ensure compliance but as soon as their is compliance then that use of force must be deescalated. Otherwise it becomes torture which is not allowewed under the European Convention on Human Rights. USA does not sign up to ECHR as far as I am aware. I do not believe that use of force was reasonable on Mt Floyd. "

But it wasn't Racist motivation then was it...

"The poor man was handcuffed behind his back. He was not posing much of a threat. I don't know much about US law enforcement but in the UK officers can use reasonable force (not minimum force) and a jury might decide what force was reasonable. UK police also have a pain compliance model. Pain may be used to ensure compliance but as soon as their is compliance then that use of force must be deescalated. Otherwise it becomes torture which is not allowewed under the European Convention on Human Rights. USA does not sign up to ECHR as far as I am aware. I do not believe that use of force was reasonable on Mt Floyd.

But it wasn't Racist motivation then was it... Thomas Lane is white, Derek Chauvin is Hispanic, Tou Thao is Hmong/East Asian, and J Alexander Kueng is Black !.. "

in Lancashire

"

he was driving around that day high on meth.so yes he was a threat to the public"

Which was apparent after, and for which had he been stopped and tested by another officer ironically may have saved his life..

He was not a threat when four officers had him down on the floor..

Chelmsford

"The poor man was handcuffed behind his back. He was not posing much of a threat. I don't know much about US law enforcement but in the UK officers can use reasonable force (not minimum force) and a jury might decide what force was reasonable. UK police also have a pain compliance model. Pain may be used to ensure compliance but as soon as their is compliance then that use of force must be deescalated. Otherwise it becomes torture which is not allowewed under the European Convention on Human Rights. USA does not sign up to ECHR as far as I am aware. I do not believe that use of force was reasonable on Mt Floyd.

But it wasn't Racist motivation then was it... "

I don't know what was in the heads of the officers.. or in their hearts..

I just know he should not have died on that day in my opinion

"

he was driving around that day high on meth.so yes he was a threat to the public

He was not driving around when he was killed"

No he was high on drugs still resisting arrest

By *hedark_knightMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"

No he was high on drugs still resisting arrest"

How does one resist arrest with someone’s knee on their neck and three other officers pinning them down?

"

Which was apparent after, and for which had he been stopped and tested by another officer ironically may have saved his life..

He was not a threat when four officers had him down on the floor..

"

Correction... The Hmong, Hispanic and black police officers kept the crowd back...

liverpool

"

do you think he cared about the lives of others?"

Is that relevant?

You break the law,you get nicked and charged.

You dont get executed on the steeet.

I can't see why there is even a debate around this.

"

How does one resist arrest with someone’s knee on their neck and three other officers pinning them down? "

Have you seen the full video ?

Chelmsford

Poldark. You are hijacking the thread. Of course you can stay or perhaps start your own.

The point I hope to discuss is this.

Black lives matter 100%.

Probably for most people that is it.

My point is that a stated aim of the movement is to dismantle capitalism.

How will that be achieved and what will the UK look like after?

"

He was not driving around when he was killed"

thats ok then

liverpool

"Poldark. You are hijacking the thread. Of course you can stay or perhaps start your own.

Black lives matter 100%.

How will that be achieved and what will the UK look like after?"

Why are you scared of capitalism being challenged?

"

Is that relevant?

I can't see why there is even a debate around this."

simply asked if you think that he took other peoples lives into consideration?if you cant answer or dont want too then fine.just a question thats all

"Poldark. You are hijacking the thread. Of course you can stay or perhaps start your own.

Black lives matter 100%.

Why are you scared of capitalism being challenged?"

Think I'll get a visa after coronavirus and move to Putins Russia....

Chelmsford

Black lives matter 100%.

Why are you scared of capitalism being challenged?"

I am not scared of Capitalism being challenged. I think the Police need massive reform. Another stated aim is the end of the nuclear family..

If anyone challenges any part of BLM they the rhetoric is used that it's distracting from the real issue. It's not. Black lives do matter 100% but how will dismantling Capitalism, ending the nuclear family and defending the police help the cause?

liverpool

"

Is that relevant?

simply asked if you think that he took other peoples lives into consideration?if you cant answer or dont want too then fine.just a question thats all"

If someone drives when over the limit here they are putting peoples lives at risk.

However I've yet to see a d*unk driver being executed on The steet

Chelmsford

Defunding...

Edinburgh

"

How does one resist arrest with someone’s knee on their neck and three other officers pinning them down?

Have you seen the full video ?"

The video where he’s being murdered? Yeah I have unfortunately. Again I ask. How was he resists if arrest, with a knee on his neck and three other officers pinning him down? Cause it looked like all he was doing was pleading for the knee to be taken off his neck. But it seems I’m missing something. So please enlighten me.

liverpool

Black lives matter 100%.

Why are you scared of capitalism being challenged?

Think I'll get a visa after coronavirus and move to Putins Russia...."

Is Russia not capitalist?

Chelmsford

Another point for debate. And Black Lives Matter 100% is that the BLMUK Facebook site says that is it a non profit making organisation. I am guessing it's not a registered charity do has none of the accountability that goes with that and published accounts etc.. where does the money go and how is it spent?

That's not a distraction. It's a valid question. Now if to challenge that is being racist then it opens up a whole new can of worms....

in Lancashire

"

Is that relevant?

simply asked if you think that he took other peoples lives into consideration?if you cant answer or dont want too then fine.just a question thats all"

Is execution now the default position for those who don't take others lives into consideration?

"

The video where he’s being murdered? Yeah I have unfortunately. Again I ask. How was he resists if arrest, with a knee on his neck and three other officers pinning him down? Cause it looked like all he was doing was pleading for the knee to be taken off his neck. But it seems I’m missing something. So please enlighten me. "

I'll enlighten you and spell it out in simple English...

I have never said I don't condemn the officer's actions... Ever !!!!

The three other officers Hmong/Asian and Hispanic and Black office keeping the public back with the Asian officer telling onlookers "don't do drugs guys"...

Floyd originally resisted arrest... Fact !

Fact ! = I remember a Irish traveller that was arrested in Essex, three officers pinned him to the ground... The guy had a seizure and c hoked on his vomit.... Never became world news, or regional, this could had been racist yeah ? Fact !

George Floyd arrest was Not Racist motivated Fact !

Should those officers be in court = yes in my opinion...

But a violent career criminal 4000 !miles away represents BLM ????

Edinburgh

"

The video where he’s being murdered? Yeah I have unfortunately. Again I ask. How was he resists if arrest, with a knee on his neck and three other officers pinning him down? Cause it looked like all he was doing was pleading for the knee to be taken off his neck. But it seems I’m missing something. So please enlighten me.

The three other officers Hmong/Asian and Hispanic and Black office keeping the public back with the Asian officer telling onlookers "don't do drugs guys"...

Fact ! = I remember a Irish traveller that was arrested in Essex, three officers pinned him to the ground... The guy had a seizure and c hoked on his vomit.... Never became world news, or regional, this could had been racist yeah ? Fact !

But a violent career criminal 4000 !miles away represents BLM ???? "

For someone who wants to enlighten me in simple English. You seem to have missed my simple question. How was he resisting arrest? That’s all I asked. I didn’t ask whether you condemn the actions or what you’ve witnessed, or whether it was racially motivated.

"

For someone who wants to enlighten me in simple English. You seem to have missed my simple question. How was he resisting arrest? That’s all I asked. I didn’t ask whether you condemn the actions or what you’ve witnessed, or whether it was racially motivated. "

The full video at the 'very' start shows Floyd resisting.

Simple enough for you now my friend ?

"

Is that relevant?

simply asked if you think that he took other peoples lives into consideration?if you cant answer or dont want too then fine.just a question thats all

If someone drives when over the limit here they are putting peoples lives at risk.

However I've yet to see a d*unk driver being executed on The steet "

was just asking for your view.at no point did i say that he deserved to be executed on the street

Edinburgh

"

For someone who wants to enlighten me in simple English. You seem to have missed my simple question. How was he resisting arrest? That’s all I asked. I didn’t ask whether you condemn the actions or what you’ve witnessed, or whether it was racially motivated.

Simple enough for you now my friend ?"

So how does that relate to him being murdered?

"

Simple enough for you now my friend ?

So how does that relate to him being murdered? "

I think it's been covered

Chelmsford

Well it seems that this thread has been twisted away from the intended debate on some of the stated aims of BLM.

As the OP. The Moderators may as well close it down.

"Well it seems that this thread has been twisted away from the intended debate on some of the stated aims of BLM.

As the OP. The Moderators may as well close it down.

"

I think it's run its course

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Yep... Built a wall and had black only areas.... Segregation and the main trump manifesto point. How progressive "

The left's utopia, build a wall, nobody in or out, no police just militia. Aka, East Germany.

salisbury

If they can keep scenes such as those from Brixton last night fenced in, I'll support their plan 100%

North Bucks

"If they can keep scenes such as those from Brixton last night fenced in, I'll support their plan 100% "

Disgraceful scenes.

"If they can keep scenes such as those from Brixton last night fenced in, I'll support their plan 100%

Disgraceful scenes. "

I blame BLM... Rioting and protesting went relatively unchecked... Now this

salisbury

"If they can keep scenes such as those from Brixton last night fenced in, I'll support their plan 100%

Disgraceful scenes.

I blame BLM... Rioting and protesting went relatively unchecked... Now this "

Rumours of 40 officers injured, as well as the car being written off of course!

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

The police are way to standoffish not like in the good old days when the old bill would batter you senseless or set their dogs on you perhaps modern day plod should look back at policing methods of the 70s and 80s I remember the miners strike and how Maggie and her thugs(police) got stuck into them and not to mention the football hooligans the police are trying to do their job with one hand tied in case they offend or overreact to a riot who’d be a police officer today ?

"The police are way to standoffish not like in the good old days when the old bill would batter you senseless or set their dogs on you perhaps modern day plod should look back at policing methods of the 70s and 80s I remember the miners strike and how Maggie and her thugs(police) got stuck into them and not to mention the football hooligans the police are trying to do their job with one hand tied in case they offend or overreact to a riot who’d be a police officer today ?"

Spot on !!!!!

Even on YouTube on the Brixton riots in 1981, you see the police chucking bricks (back?) at rioters.

Snowflake generations now

an inch has been given so now a country mile will be taken.expect more riots and criminal damage

liverpool

"The police are way to standoffish not like in the good old days when the old bill would batter you senseless or set their dogs on you perhaps modern day plod should look back at policing methods of the 70s and 80s I remember the miners strike and how Maggie and her thugs(police) got stuck into them and not to mention the football hooligans the police are trying to do their job with one hand tied in case they offend or overreact to a riot who’d be a police officer today ?

Spot on !!!!!

Even on YouTube on the Brixton riots in 1981, you see the police chucking bricks (back?) at rioters.

Snowflake generations now"

The good old days when the police would batter you.

darlington

"The police are way to standoffish not like in the good old days when the old bill would batter you senseless or set their dogs on you perhaps modern day plod should look back at policing methods of the 70s and 80s I remember the miners strike and how Maggie and her thugs(police) got stuck into them and not to mention the football hooligans the police are trying to do their job with one hand tied in case they offend or overreact to a riot who’d be a police officer today ?

Spot on !!!!!

The good old days when the police would batter you."

well if you are a good law abiding citizen you have nothing to worry about I’ve no sympathy for people who think they can run amok And end up getting a whack

Spot on !!!!!

The good old days when the police would batter you."

Now they run away

Fast forward to 2:15 seconds.

BLM music protest....

Organised riot for the police

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=58fdzmx7TpU

liverpool

Spot on !!!!!

The good old days when the police would batter you. well if you are a good law abiding citizen you have nothing to worry about I’ve no sympathy for people who think they can run amok And end up getting a whack "

Yep the police never,ever knicked anyone innocent.

darlington

Spot on !!!!!

The good old days when the police would batter you. well if you are a good law abiding citizen you have nothing to worry about I’ve no sympathy for people who think they can run amok And end up getting a whack

Yep the police never,ever knicked anyone innocent."

I never said they have history proves they have but what’s going on with this mob mentality needs sorting out and if that means plod get tough so be it I used to follow the England football team abroad and one of the things you realise is that foreign police don’t mess about you start you’re antics in Europe and it’s a trip to casualty

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

Why ?

"

White fragility.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Spot on !!!!!

The good old days when the police would batter you. well if you are a good law abiding citizen you have nothing to worry about I’ve no sympathy for people who think they can run amok And end up getting a whack

Yep the police never,ever knicked anyone innocent."

Its quiet simple if you resist arrest expect to be manhandled.If you are innocent thats for the courts to decide and i would hazzard a guess by watching these police programmes on tv that more guilty people get off than innocent get convicted.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Spot on !!!!!

Snowflake generations now"

My dad told me of a time when he was young he got a clip around the ear from a policeman for dropping litter. Went home and complained to his dad who promptly whacked him again. He always used that story when saying if your stupid enough to break the rules don't be even more stupid in not expecting to suffer for it

salisbury

Spot on !!!!!

My dad told me of a time when he was young he got a clip around the ear from a policeman for dropping litter. Went home and complained to his dad who promptly whacked him again. He always used that story when saying if your stupid enough to break the rules don't be even more stupid in not expecting to suffer for it"

salisbury

Why ?

White fragility."

Is expecting law and order "fragile" now?

Newbury

Why ?

White fragility.

Is expecting law and order "fragile" now?"

And as if to prove my point, anarchy is alluded to.

salisbury

Why ?

White fragility.

And as if to prove my point, anarchy is alluded to. "

If i were to describe the scenes in Brixton last night as "anarchic", would i be far wrong?

Newbury

Why ?

White fragility.

If i were to describe the scenes in Brixton last night as "anarchic", would i be far wrong?"

It was a riot - nothing to to with BLM though, so I'm unsure of what your point is?

Why ?

White fragility.

If i were to describe the scenes in Brixton last night as "anarchic", would i be far wrong?

It was a riot - nothing to to with BLM though, so I'm unsure of what your point is?"

It was advertised on social media as a BLM music protest.

Newbury

Why ?

White fragility.

It was a riot - nothing to to with BLM though, so I'm unsure of what your point is?

It was advertised on social media as a BLM music protest."

No it wasn't - there was a BLM music "protest" elsewhere in Brixton which had lots of musical acts and a very "family" type attendance which finished at 7pm.....

But don't let the truth get in the way of your narrative, will you?

salisbury

Why ?

White fragility.

It was advertised on social media as a BLM music protest.

No it wasn't - there was a BLM music "protest" elsewhere in Brixton which had lots of musical acts and a very "family" type attendance which finished at 7pm.....

But don't let the truth get in the way of your narrative, will you?"

Exactly this. All the people from the BLM party organised during the Corona pandemic, went home at 7pm. Then later on, down the road a bit, at another party organised during the Corona pandemic, 400 other people showed up and it all kicked off! Who knew?! *shrugs.