FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > I never saw this on the side of a bus..

I never saw this on the side of a bus..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

'It was made very clear, in 2016, that people would lose their jobs in the event of a no-deal' - Andrea Leadsom.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Portland

But it was not made clear. That Brussels. The EU wanted to control our banks, Pension funds.

Army Navy Airforce. Even wanted us to hand over our nuclear arsenal.

Now weren't we lucky.

Lucky. This country would have been totally fucked.

Saying that, we may still be.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"But it was not made clear. That Brussels. The EU wanted to control our banks, Pension funds.

Now weren't we lucky.

Saying that, we may still be."

Did they?

Despite us having the power of veto and retaining our own currency?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"But it was not made clear. That Brussels. The EU wanted to control our banks, Pension funds.

Now weren't we lucky.

Really? Are you still expecting all these things to happen ?

liverpool

Now weren't we lucky.

Really? Are you still expecting all these things to happen ? "

Pesky Europeans all give and no take.

I'm fairly sure we left because we didn't want to hand over our entire European arsenal and not because they were a convenient scapegoat.

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Portland

Now weren't we lucky.

You could write this on the headboard of your bed. Just to remind you as they were fucking us up the ass.

Now weren't we lucky.

Saying that, we may still be.You could write this on the headboard of your bed. Just to remind you as they were fucking us up the ass. "

Who?

liverpool

Now weren't we lucky.

Saying that, we may still be.You could write this on the headboard of your bed. Just to remind you as they were fucking us up the ass. "

Good point.

I'm sure we will have a much brighter future will the likes of Jonathan,Patel,gove,reece mogg etc.

Now weren't we lucky.

The results of brainwashing are very sad to see.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Love the way people think you have been brainwashed just because you have a different opinion.

"Love the way people think you have been brainwashed just because you have a different opinion. "

I always think it's good the base opinions on facts, highly unfashionable I know.

To*

"Love the way people think you have been brainwashed just because you have a different opinion. "

There are.facts & there are idiotic opinions .

I value both in equal measure

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Now weren't we lucky.

Saying that, we may still be.You could write this on the headboard of your bed. Just to remind you as they were fucking us up the ass.

The results of brainwashing are very sad to see."

Says the man that kept saying the nhs had had its funds cut by the Tories, and had been brainwashed into thinking that.

We ALL believe we arent susceptible to it

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Now weren't we lucky.

Now weren't we lucky.

I can't believe that you are still misinformed to this staggering degree with all the information easily available for you to educate yourself with.

Now weren't we lucky.

I can't believe that you are still misinformed to this staggering degree with all the information easily available for you to educate yourself with.

"

It is called Brexit brainwashed, they can not or will not admit that everything that was promised by the leave campaign is utter bull shit .

liverpool

Blame the EU for everything

When we leave the eu without a deal..blame them

When it turnes out to be a total clusterfuck blame them again.

"Blame the EU for everything

When we leave the eu without a deal..blame them

When it turnes out to be a total clusterfuck blame them again.

"

They are also blaming remain voters, it is pathetic

bournemouth

Now weren't we lucky.

It is called Brexit brainwashed, they can not or will not admit that everything that was promised by the leave campaign is utter bull shit . "

But the remain camp deny that those in charge of the EU want a federal state, army etc

Now weren't we lucky.

It is called Brexit brainwashed, they can not or will not admit that everything that was promised by the leave campaign is utter bull shit .

But the remain camp deny that those in charge of the EU want a federal state, army etc "

You obviously don’t know how the EU works, we could have vetoed these so called plans . When you voted leave did you vote for the easiest deal in history? Mays Deal? Boris’s oven ready deal? No deal? Or didn’t you care ?

liverpool

Now weren't we lucky.

But the remain camp deny that those in charge of the EU want a federal state, army etc "

Surely in a big group,different parties want different things?However with the power of veto we could never be made to do something we didn't agree too (ie the euro)

However rather than staying in the club and having some influence we have spat our dummy out and stormed off.

bournemouth

Yes we ALL know the government have a veto, the people dont and as we saw with maastricht the government doesn't always give us the vote we were promised so could easily join us up against my wishes. That is the reason I voted out and for many of my friends it was too.

"Yes we ALL know the government have a veto, the people dont and as we saw with maastricht the government doesn't always give us the vote we were promised so could easily join us up against my wishes. That is the reason I voted out and for many of my friends it was too."

So you were worried that our government (probably Tory) and every other EU member would have accepted an EU army? When you voted leave which deal were you hoping to get?

liverpool

"Yes we ALL know the government have a veto, the people dont and as we saw with maastricht the government doesn't always give us the vote we were promised so could easily join us up against my wishes. That is the reason I voted out and for many of my friends it was too."

Doesn't sound like you have a lot of faith in the gmnt?

"Yes we ALL know the government have a veto, the people dont and as we saw with maastricht the government doesn't always give us the vote we were promised so could easily join us up against my wishes. That is the reason I voted out and for many of my friends it was too.

So you were worried that our government (probably Tory) and every other EU member would have accepted an EU army? When you voted leave which deal were you hoping to get? "

Why tory? The Labour think tank said in 2018 a EU army was a good idea, save money and also include the cost of our nuclear replacement.

bournemouth

Did I mention a party ? no I said government Blair wanted us in the euro, Brown saved us from that. Plenty of Tories would vote to become more integrated that I want to be, plenty would vote against as would plenty of Labour mps. It's not a party divide

liverpool

"Yes we ALL know the government have a veto, the people dont and as we saw with maastricht the government doesn't always give us the vote we were promised so could easily join us up against my wishes. That is the reason I voted out and for many of my friends it was too.

So you were worried that our government (probably Tory) and every other EU member would have accepted an EU army? When you voted leave which deal were you hoping to get? Why tory? The Labour think tank said in 2018 a EU army was a good idea, save money and also include the cost of our nuclear replacement. "

Would it be a bad idea then?

For all its faults one of the best of the eu was to end countless European conflicts

liverpool

"Did I mention a party ? no I said government Blair wanted us in the euro, Brown saved us from that. Plenty of Tories would vote to become more integrated that I want to be, plenty would vote against as would plenty of Labour mps. It's not a party divide "

True but the tories are in power for The next 5 years and they are traditionally more euro sceptic than labour.

"Did I mention a party ? no I said government Blair wanted us in the euro, Brown saved us from that. Plenty of Tories would vote to become more integrated that I want to be, plenty would vote against as would plenty of Labour mps. It's not a party divide "

It would need a majority in parliament? So your main reason for voting for Brexit is because you wanted to prevent an EU army? Sounds like project fear to me. When are you expecting the EU to create this army ?

bournemouth

Yes they are in power BUT we had to wait 40 years to get a say, once in a life time chance to get out. Leavers weren't going to risk it.Dont forget DC wanted us to stay in the EU so we have no way of knowing how things would have changed, the pandemic might have given a pro eu government the excuse to get us more involved than many wanted

So you were worried that our government (probably Tory) and every other EU member would have accepted an EU army? When you voted leave which deal were you hoping to get? Why tory? The Labour think tank said in 2018 a EU army was a good idea, save money and also include the cost of our nuclear replacement. "

Are labour in power? Do the results of this ‘think tank’ automatically make it labour policy? Sounds like project fear

"Yes they are in power BUT we had to wait 40 years to get a say, once in a life time chance to get out. Leavers weren't going to risk it.Dont forget DC wanted us to stay in the EU so we have no way of knowing how things would have changed, the pandemic might have given a pro eu government the excuse to get us more involved than many wanted"

Can I ask you again. When you voted to leave which deal were you hoping for ? or did you simply vote in order to prevent an EU army ?

Now weren't we lucky.

But the remain camp deny that those in charge of the EU want a federal state, army etc

Surely in a big group,different parties want different things?However with the power of veto we could never be made to do something we didn't agree too (ie the euro)

However rather than staying in the club and having some influence we have spat our dummy out and stormed off."

Thats harsh on the government .

52 % of the people spat out there dummy

The government then listend to the pacifier spitters &

Left the EU !!

Blame them both please

liverpool

Now weren't we lucky.

However rather than staying in the club and having some influence we have spat our dummy out and stormed off.

Thats harsh on the government .

52 % of the people spat out there dummy

The government then listend to the pacifier spitters &

Left the EU !!

Blame them both please

"

Very true

bournemouth

"Yes they are in power BUT we had to wait 40 years to get a say, once in a life time chance to get out. Leavers weren't going to risk it.Dont forget DC wanted us to stay in the EU so we have no way of knowing how things would have changed, the pandemic might have given a pro eu government the excuse to get us more involved than many wanted

Can I ask you again. When you voted to leave which deal were you hoping for ? or did you simply vote in order to prevent an EU army ? "

We weren't ask to vote on a deal.

If the EU dont want a sensible deal then no deal it is.

I have no problems with that, apart from cars and food most tariffs arent worth worrying about.

"Yes they are in power BUT we had to wait 40 years to get a say, once in a life time chance to get out. Leavers weren't going to risk it.Dont forget DC wanted us to stay in the EU so we have no way of knowing how things would have changed, the pandemic might have given a pro eu government the excuse to get us more involved than many wanted

Can I ask you again. When you voted to leave which deal were you hoping for ? or did you simply vote in order to prevent an EU army ?

I have no problems with that, apart from cars and food most tariffs arent worth worrying about. "

Your joking? We were promised a ‘great easy deal’ and there was ‘no chance’ of a no deal and now you are pretending that a no deal is nothing worth worrying about. Btw, have you really been waiting 40 years for a chance to vote to leave the EU?

Labour demands Boris Johnson answers questions on Liz Truss' 'extraordinary' leaked Brexit letter

https://www.businessinsider.com/liz-truss-leaked-brexit-letter-labour-demands-boris-johnson-explain-2020-7?r=US&IR=T

Interesting that tory mp liz truss has asked some real questions.

DurhamDom is not a happy bunny .

"Labour demands Boris Johnson answers questions on Liz Truss' 'extraordinary' leaked Brexit letter

https://www.businessinsider.com/liz-truss-leaked-brexit-letter-labour-demands-boris-johnson-explain-2020-7?r=US&IR=T

DurhamDom is not a happy bunny ."

O dear, what happened to ‘sunlit uplands’

"Labour demands Boris Johnson answers questions on Liz Truss' 'extraordinary' leaked Brexit letter

DurhamDom is not a happy bunny .

O dear, what happened to ‘sunlit uplands’ "

They stayed in 1940 ,

Where Bullsh*t belonged .

Politically speaking

bournemouth

I have no problems with that, apart from cars and food most tariffs arent worth worrying about.

Your joking? We were promised a ‘great easy deal’ and there was ‘no chance’ of a no deal and now you are pretending that a no deal is nothing worth worrying about. Btw, have you really been waiting 40 years for a chance to vote to leave the EU? "

If you actually read what was said and not what lots of idiots repeat it was " SHOULD" be an easy deal. Which it should. You're another one who claims leavers were brainwashed but can't see that you have been by the remain lies.

So far the EU want us to keep fishing rules the same, keep us tied to all their rules and regs and allow THEIR court to decided if we are sticking to it all.

That's a bit like you leaving your local social club but allowing their members to use your house free, them deciding when and how you decorate your house and if you disagree with anything getting their agent to decide, all in exchange for you selling them £50 worth of goods while they sell you £100 .

Would you agree to that, oops yes of course because you've been brainwashed

Your joking? We were promised a ‘great easy deal’ and there was ‘no chance’ of a no deal and now you are pretending that a no deal is nothing worth worrying about. Btw, have you really been waiting 40 years for a chance to vote to leave the EU?

If you actually read what was said and not what lots of idiots repeat it was " SHOULD" be an easy deal. Which it should. You're another one who claims leavers were brainwashed but can't see that you have been by the remain lies.

So far the EU want us to keep fishing rules the same, keep us tied to all their rules and regs and allow THEIR court to decided if we are sticking to it all.

That's a bit like you leaving your local social club but allowing their members to use your house free, them deciding when and how you decorate your house and if you disagree with anything getting their agent to decide, all in exchange for you selling them £50 worth of goods while they sell you £100 .

Would you agree to that, oops yes of course because you've been brainwashed"

Wrong, do your research, there was no mention of ‘should’ it was men’t to be an easy, great deal. Anyway , the type of deal doesn’t matter? Correct? And why would the larger trading bloc make concessions to a much smaller trading nation? The EU have the upper hand in any deals , just like the USA & China will have over the UK , that is the way business works making your list of analogies laughable . When did you first want the UK to leave the EU?

Wrong, do your research, there was no mention of ‘should’ it was men’t to be an easy, great deal. Anyway , the type of deal doesn’t matter? Correct? And why would the larger trading bloc make concessions to a much smaller trading nation? The EU have the upper hand in any deals , just like the USA & China will have over the UK , that is the way business works making your list of analogies laughable . When did you first want the UK to leave the EU? "

As Alfie Solomons says to Tommy Shelby

BIG FUCKS SMALL

Wrong, do your research, there was no mention of ‘should’ it was men’t to be an easy, great deal. Anyway , the type of deal doesn’t matter? Correct? And why would the larger trading bloc make concessions to a much smaller trading nation? The EU have the upper hand in any deals , just like the USA & China will have over the UK , that is the way business works making your list of analogies laughable . When did you first want the UK to leave the EU?

As Alfie Solomons says to Tommy Shelby

BIG FUCKS SMALL

"

I have no problems with that, apart from cars and food most tariffs arent worth worrying about. "

And there we have it, translated..'I'm alright Jack, don't give a fuck about my fellow countrymen who will lose their jobs'.....

Sums it up really.

bournemouth

And there we have it, translated..'I'm alright Jack, don't give a fuck about my fellow countrymen who will lose their jobs'.....

Sums it up really."

Except part of my business is producing food so no you're wrong it's not a case of I'm all right jack

Sums it up really.

Except part of my business is producing food so no you're wrong it's not a case of I'm all right jack"

Will you acknowledge that a no deal Brexit will be bad for the economy and will cost a lot of people their jobs?

bournemouth

"

Wrong, do your research, there was no mention of ‘should’ it was men’t to be an easy, great deal. Anyway , the type of deal doesn’t matter? Correct? And why would the larger trading bloc make concessions to a much smaller trading nation? The EU have the upper hand in any deals , just like the USA & China will have over the UK , that is the way business works making your list of analogies laughable . When did you first want the UK to leave the EU? "

Try looking it up , even the bastion of eu the guardian says. "Liam fox says it SHOULD be the easiest deal in history" , so you're wrong again.

Just because you keep claiming he said something different doesnt make it true

Sums it up really.

Except part of my business is producing food so no you're wrong it's not a case of I'm all right jack"

So, what are you gaining from this then? What's the amazing things that we will be able to do after? What can we all look forward to that's gonna be so radically different and improved to what we have now??

"

Try looking it up , even the bastion of eu the guardian says. "Liam fox says it SHOULD be the easiest deal in history" , so you're wrong again.

Just because you keep claiming he said something different doesnt make it true "

Well, that should tell you that he was clueless to start with..

"

Just because you keep claiming he said something different doesnt make it true "

Hahaha, straw clutching ?? Was he the only person to mention the UK getting a great deal

Sums it up really.

Except part of my business is producing food so no you're wrong it's not a case of I'm all right jack

So, what are you gaining from this then? What's the amazing things that we will be able to do after? What can we all look forward to that's gonna be so radically different and improved to what we have now??"

We won’t get an EU army

Sums it up really.

So, what are you gaining from this then? What's the amazing things that we will be able to do after? What can we all look forward to that's gonna be so radically different and improved to what we have now??

We won’t get an EU army "

Yes we will

It will be big red & Russian

When they take over Europe.

bournemouth

Sums it up really.

So, what are you gaining from this then? What's the amazing things that we will be able to do after? What can we all look forward to that's gonna be so radically different and improved to what we have now??"

The same as I've always said, that is not to be part of the united states of europe, that is the ultimate aim and as I have said loads of time IF every country has a vote on that and those who want it win then fair enough, the citizens of europe are being led up the garden path, step by step with NO say on all the little changes that bring greater and greater integration.

I have no issue with freedom of movement etc but we were faced with a simple yes or no so it had to be leave for me. IF we had another vote to return to the days off just a trade block and perhaps some tweaks on movement, but dumping all the politics and ecj I would vote yes to rejoining.

Sums it up really.

The same as I've always said, that is not to be part of the united states of europe, that is the ultimate aim and as I have said loads of time IF every country has a vote on that and those who want it win then fair enough, the citizens of europe are being led up the garden path, step by step with NO say on all the little changes that bring greater and greater integration.

I have no issue with freedom of movement etc but we were faced with a simple yes or no so it had to be leave for me. IF we had another vote to return to the days off just a trade block and perhaps some tweaks on movement, but dumping all the politics and ecj I would vote yes to rejoining."

But how did it impact your everyday life? For me, it has to be markedly better for this to all be worth it. I can't see how there will be any difference, in fact a drop in our economy, food standards and god knows what yet.

bournemouth

"

Hahaha, straw clutching ?? Was he the only person to mention the UK getting a great deal "

He was trade secretary, doesnt matter who else said what apart from the PM at the time.

Sooner or later there will be a trade deal between the EU and the UK, all it needs is to stop playing politics with it.

The EU has never reached an agreement among member states until the deadline has passed, loads of last minute talks in fancy hotels with large expenses to claim for those involved in the horse trading, BOTH sides will lose out if an agreement isnt done, sorry that's not quite right the workers who lose jobs will lose out, the fat cats on the euro side who are more concerned with their political dream wont give a fuck, they will still do very nicely thank you very much.

Sums it up really.

I have no issue with freedom of movement etc but we were faced with a simple yes or no so it had to be leave for me. IF we had another vote to return to the days off just a trade block and perhaps some tweaks on movement, but dumping all the politics and ecj I would vote yes to rejoining."

I repect your honest answer, the vast majority of leave voters I know haven’t got a clue what they voted for . Unfortunately , leaving with out a deal is going to be a complete and utter disaster

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

Sums it up really.

We won’t get an EU army "

Is an EU army / armed forces a good idea? Would you want it? What would other nations contribute to it and is it as well as NATO or instead of NATO ?

"

Hahaha, straw clutching ?? Was he the only person to mention the UK getting a great deal

He was trade secretary, doesnt matter who else said what apart from the PM at the time.

Sooner or later there will be a trade deal between the EU and the UK, all it needs is to stop playing politics with it.

The EU has never reached an agreement among member states until the deadline has passed, loads of last minute talks in fancy hotels with large expenses to claim for those involved in the horse trading, BOTH sides will lose out if an agreement isnt done, sorry that's not quite right the workers who lose jobs will lose out, the fat cats on the euro side who are more concerned with their political dream wont give a fuck, they will still do very nicely thank you very much.

"

What happened to Liam Fox? Here is this nugget from Boris in 1997 - "There is no plan for no deal because we are going to get a great deal"

Sums it up really.

We won’t get an EU army

Is an EU army / armed forces a good idea? Would you want it? What would other nations contribute to it and is it as well as NATO or instead of NATO ?"

I don’t know the details of any proposed EU army as it is highly unlikely to happen , unless you have some information to prove me wrong

milton keynes

Sums it up really.

We won’t get an EU army

Is an EU army / armed forces a good idea? Would you want it? What would other nations contribute to it and is it as well as NATO or instead of NATO ?

I don’t know the details of any proposed EU army as it is highly unlikely to happen , unless you have some information to prove me wrong "

I was not claiming one way or the other as only know what's been reported in the past. It was asking opinions of is it a good idea and its practicality . Also could it replace membership of NATO for those involved

Sums it up really.

We won’t get an EU army

I don’t know the details of any proposed EU army as it is highly unlikely to happen , unless you have some information to prove me wrong

I was not claiming one way or the other as only know what's been reported in the past. It was asking opinions of is it a good idea and its practicality . Also could it replace membership of NATO for those involved"

Srely the North Atlantic Treaty Organiation

Is something controlled by Unelected persons

Outside of the uk with a few elected uk people

Involved.

All this Leave stuff is very confusing to the lay person.

Hardly ever going to be the Easiest deal ever made.

bournemouth

For those who dont believe there is a desire for an EU army just google " who wants an EU army" then come back and say those at the top of the eu dont want it.

Macron and Merkel have both said they support the idea

bournemouth

[Removed by poster at 13/07/20 18:22:03]

milton keynes

Sums it up really.

We won’t get an EU army

I was not claiming one way or the other as only know what's been reported in the past. It was asking opinions of is it a good idea and its practicality . Also could it replace membership of NATO for those involved

Srely the North Atlantic Treaty Organiation

Is something controlled by Unelected persons

Outside of the uk with a few elected uk people

Involved.

All this Leave stuff is very confusing to the lay person.

Hardly ever going to be the Easiest deal ever made."

Again not what I was asking. Was only asking if people support the creation of an European armed forces and would it be practical. Have had a quick look online and seems the idea is still alive with both macron and Merkel pushing for it.

"For those who dont believe there is a desire for an EU army just google " who wants an EU army" then come back and say those at the top of the eu dont want it.

Macron and Merkel have both said they support the idea "

But, even if there was an EU army, so what? We would probably be less likely to be dragged into such fucking idiocy like Iraq. I trust EU leaders way more than that orange clown

milton keynes

"For those who dont believe there is a desire for an EU army just google " who wants an EU army" then come back and say those at the top of the eu dont want it.

But, even if there was an EU army, so what? We would probably be less likely to be dragged into such fucking idiocy like Iraq. I trust EU leaders way more than that orange clown"

Are you saying these claims have some grounds? Luckily Blair is no longer in a position to drag us into illegal wars and hopefully the tangerines man won't be soon either

But, even if there was an EU army, so what? We would probably be less likely to be dragged into such fucking idiocy like Iraq. I trust EU leaders way more than that orange clown

Are you saying these claims have some grounds? Luckily Blair is no longer in a position to drag us into illegal wars and hopefully the tangerines man won't be soon either"

Ilegal war

Bush

Your either with us or against us .

You wanted to be against the U.S ?

milton keynes

Are you saying these claims have some grounds? Luckily Blair is no longer in a position to drag us into illegal wars and hopefully the tangerines man won't be soon either

Ilegal war

Bush

You wanted to be against the U.S ?"

I'm sorry I was just asking the other poster a question based on their post. I don't quite understand your post as did not mention Bush or being against anyone

But, even if there was an EU army, so what? We would probably be less likely to be dragged into such fucking idiocy like Iraq. I trust EU leaders way more than that orange clown"

I assume you mean trump, well he's been in power almost 4 years can't think of many wars he's jumped into yet. Must be getting confused with Obama.

Ilegal war

Bush

You wanted to be against the U.S ?

I'm sorry I was just asking the other poster a question based on their post. I don't quite understand your post as did not mention Bush or being against anyone"

I was simply clarifying

Blair was not involved in an Illegal war .

America decided to call everyone to there shoulder.

If you didnt come , you were the enemy .

Not having a go simply putting this pathetic

blair war story to bed.

Dont like the blue tory much, but i

Dislike Untruths more .

liverpool

Sums it up really.

We won’t get an EU army

Is an EU army / armed forces a good idea? Would you want it? What would other nations contribute to it and is it as well as NATO or instead of NATO ?"

I'm waiting to hear the downside tbh.

It would be cheaper ,we would be stronger and reduce further the chance of conflict.

But, even if there was an EU army, so what? We would probably be less likely to be dragged into such fucking idiocy like Iraq. I trust EU leaders way more than that orange clownI assume you mean trump, well he's been in power almost 4 years can't think of many wars he's jumped into yet. Must be getting confused with Obama. "

Give it time. Oh I know people like you will say Obama was terrible....I wonder why?

liverpool

Are you saying these claims have some grounds? Luckily Blair is no longer in a position to drag us into illegal wars and hopefully the tangerines man won't be soon either"

Cameron almost had us going into Syria tbf.

Until someone pointed out to him we would be fighting alongside ISIS.

liverpool

But, even if there was an EU army, so what? We would probably be less likely to be dragged into such fucking idiocy like Iraq. I trust EU leaders way more than that orange clownI assume you mean trump, well he's been in power almost 4 years can't think of many wars he's jumped into yet. Must be getting confused with Obama. "

Apart from the time he nearly provoked ww3?

Or by sabre rattling with Iran?

Now weren't we lucky.

Yes some do want an EU reaction force but you're not understanding the impossibilities that they face if they wanted full control over every states armed forces, which they don't anyway, that's why it's so ludicrous to even state that's what the EU will / wants to do when it isn't.

It's just leaves project fear that leavers fell for hook, line & sinker

milton keynes

Sums it up really.

We won’t get an EU army

It would be cheaper ,we would be stronger and reduce further the chance of conflict. "

It appears popular with some European leaders. Are you saying an European armed force would be stronger than NATO?

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Now weren't we lucky.

Who’s the next scapegoat in your fantasyland?

milton keynes

Now weren't we lucky.

Yes some do want an EU reaction force but you're not understanding the impossibilities that they face if they wanted full control over every states armed forces, which they don't anyway, that's why it's so ludicrous to even state that's what the EU will / wants to do when it isn't.

It's just leaves project fear that leavers fell for hook, line & sinker "

Macron wants a full EU armed force not just a reaction force. Post brexit it will be dominated and reliant on the French

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 13/07/20 21:39:02]

Bristol

Now weren't we lucky.

Macron wants a full EU armed force not just a reaction force. Post brexit it will be dominated and reliant on the French "

For some reason, I’d rather have an EU armed force that includes Britain than Little England pretending it’s still a super power that it no longer is and that can only rely on an alien ?? like Trump if he’s in a good mood to defend us.

milton keynes

Now weren't we lucky.

Macron wants a full EU armed force not just a reaction force. Post brexit it will be dominated and reliant on the French

For some reason, I’d rather have an EU armed force that includes Britain than Little England pretending it’s still a super power that it no longer is and that can only rely on an alien ?? like Trump if he’s in a good mood to defend us.

"

Well your dream for an EU armed force including Britain is over I think so any future one would basically be the French under a different flag. Britain remains part of NATO

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 13/07/20 21:50:51]

Bristol

I don’t especially dream of anything. NATO is a mess and we know where Trump is with NATO. Britain is getting more isolated. I just wish people stopped thinking that we can be a major military force on our own. But the world is full of countries and guys who think that they have a bigger dick than have in reality

milton keynes

"I don’t especially dream of anything. NATO is a mess and we know where Trump is with NATO. Britain is getting more isolated. I just wish people stopped thinking that we can be a major military force on our own. But the world is full of countries and guys who think that they have a bigger dick than have in reality"

I doubt many if anyone thinks we are major military force hence NATO. However the EU countries military are woeful and refuse to spend on them to the point that Germany has no effective air force anymore as most of the planes are grounded needing repair. Presidents of the US come and go and sooner this one goes the better

Bristol

"I don’t especially dream of anything. NATO is a mess and we know where Trump is with NATO. Britain is getting more isolated. I just wish people stopped thinking that we can be a major military force on our own. But the world is full of countries and guys who think that they have a bigger dick than have in reality

I doubt many if anyone thinks we are major military force hence NATO. However the EU countries military are woeful and refuse to spend on them to the point that Germany has no effective air force anymore as most of the planes are grounded needing repair. Presidents of the US come and go and sooner this one goes the better"

Germany hasn't had a proper army / air force since WW2 because it was not allowed to have one. There are already Franco-German troops and it has been the case for a very long time. It is a sign that the continent has moved o from the war and the grudges. Britain and France have been involved in a lot of military campaigns together in the past 50 years. It doesn't seem to have been a major issue and we have always been happy to be on the same side. At least the French didn't decide to follow the US like the poodle we were when the Yanks decided to go to Iraq on the back of fake evidence.

milton keynes

"I don’t especially dream of anything. NATO is a mess and we know where Trump is with NATO. Britain is getting more isolated. I just wish people stopped thinking that we can be a major military force on our own. But the world is full of countries and guys who think that they have a bigger dick than have in reality

I doubt many if anyone thinks we are major military force hence NATO. However the EU countries military are woeful and refuse to spend on them to the point that Germany has no effective air force anymore as most of the planes are grounded needing repair. Presidents of the US come and go and sooner this one goes the better

Germany hasn't had a proper army / air force since WW2 because it was not allowed to have one. There are already Franco-German troops and it has been the case for a very long time. It is a sign that the continent has moved o from the war and the grudges. Britain and France have been involved in a lot of military campaigns together in the past 50 years. It doesn't seem to have been a major issue and we have always been happy to be on the same side. At least the French didn't decide to follow the US like the poodle we were when the Yanks decided to go to Iraq on the back of fake evidence. "

Germany was allowed an army after WW2 and had an excellent one. They had excellent leopard tanks and tornados. Until recently they were not allowed to be deployed abroad. Oddly an EU armed force will technically allow Germany to have nuclear weapons that at present they are banned from. Yes Anglo French campaigns have been done in the past but Britain will not be in this future armed force so it basically leaves the french. I too mentioned Iraq as an illegal war when saying Blair is no longer in a position to repeat that

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

When people mention control over the banks this in part was the aim by the EU of trying to stop rampant tax evasion.

The U.K. being the biggest tax haven in the world had a lot of influential party backers screaming at the Politicians to do something to stop their hidden money being exposed.

So our elite newspaper owners will hang on to their non domicile status while all us average taxpayers will continue to pick up more than our fair share and be paying the burden of Covid.

liverpool

Sums it up really.

We won’t get an EU army

It would be cheaper ,we would be stronger and reduce further the chance of conflict.

It appears popular with some European leaders. Are you saying an European armed force would be stronger than NATO?"

Not sure?

Just a bit surprised there is so much opposition to it or actually..no.im not at all.

Fairly sure that isn't the reason we came out though.

liverpool

"When people mention control over the banks this in part was the aim by the EU of trying to stop rampant tax evasion.

The U.K. being the biggest tax haven in the world had a lot of influential party backers screaming at the Politicians to do something to stop their hidden money being exposed.

So our elite newspaper owners will hang on to their non domicile status while all us average taxpayers will continue to pick up more than our fair share and be paying the burden of Covid.

"

I remember reading about that..didn't they want to tighten up tax evasion laws?

And the mystery of why the likes of reece mogg was so eager for us to leave deepens

Bristol

Germany hasn't had a proper army / air force since WW2 because it was not allowed to have one. There are already Franco-German troops and it has been the case for a very long time. It is a sign that the continent has moved o from the war and the grudges. Britain and France have been involved in a lot of military campaigns together in the past 50 years. It doesn't seem to have been a major issue and we have always been happy to be on the same side. At least the French didn't decide to follow the US like the poodle we were when the Yanks decided to go to Iraq on the back of fake evidence.

Germany was allowed an army after WW2 and had an excellent one. They had excellent leopard tanks and tornados. Until recently they were not allowed to be deployed abroad. Oddly an EU armed force will technically allow Germany to have nuclear weapons that at present they are banned from. Yes Anglo French campaigns have been done in the past but Britain will not be in this future armed force so it basically leaves the french. I too mentioned Iraq as an illegal war when saying Blair is no longer in a position to repeat that"

I am personally not worried at all about Germany becoming a nuclear power. There are countries I’m really worried about but Germany isn’t one of them. I just find it sad that countries that have managed to get so much closer for the past 80 years are about to diverge when they have so much in common culturally, geographically and politically. America is declining too and even a democrat administration may not change radically the US stance on NATO. We’ll see but we’ve pretty much told 27 countries to fuck off, we’re obviously locking horns with China and we know how bad our relationship is with Russia. All our eggs are in the American basket. And you could argue that the US is a less reliable ally than it used to be.

liverpool

Germany was allowed an army after WW2 and had an excellent one. They had excellent leopard tanks and tornados. Until recently they were not allowed to be deployed abroad. Oddly an EU armed force will technically allow Germany to have nuclear weapons that at present they are banned from. Yes Anglo French campaigns have been done in the past but Britain will not be in this future armed force so it basically leaves the french. I too mentioned Iraq as an illegal war when saying Blair is no longer in a position to repeat that

I am personally not worried at all about Germany becoming a nuclear power. There are countries I’m really worried about but Germany isn’t one of them. I just find it sad that countries that have managed to get so much closer for the past 80 years are about to diverge when they have so much in common culturally, geographically and politically. America is declining too and even a democrat administration may not change radically the US stance on NATO. We’ll see but we’ve pretty much told 27 countries to fuck off, we’re obviously locking horns with China and we know how bad our relationship is with Russia. All our eggs are in the American basket. And you could argue that the US is a less reliable ally than it used to be. "

I honestly think in 5/10 years time we will look back at think..what the fuck did we do that for?

I've said it countless times on here..I have not heard 1 bone fide positive for leaving.Absolitely amazing considering what's at stake.

The,likes of Farage and reece mogg mustn't believe what's happened.

Still blue passports he?

There are no decent reasons for all of it. What was it Theresa May said? 'They voted for pain' or something like that.

Just look at the front of The FT this morning. We have literally put economic sanctions on ourselves.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"There are no decent reasons for all of it. What was it Theresa May said? 'They voted for pain' or something like that.

Just look at the front of The FT this morning. We have literally put economic sanctions on ourselves."

Business must drive for change. After all, this Goverment isn't averse to changing its mind.

If there was ever a wrong time for Brexit, then that time is now.

"There are no decent reasons for all of it. What was it Theresa May said? 'They voted for pain' or something like that.

Just look at the front of The FT this morning. We have literally put economic sanctions on ourselves.

Business must drive for change. After all, this Goverment isn't averse to changing its mind.

If there was ever a wrong time for Brexit, then that time is now. "

'Will of the people'....

Trumps everything, even when it involves cutting a nation's nose off to spite it's face.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Governments are meant to do what’s safe and best for our country and the economy. Not what’s popular or we’d all have free TV licences and pay no tax.

"Governments are meant to do what’s safe and best for our country and the economy. Not what’s popular or we’d all have free TV licences and pay no tax.

"

That's why putting things to a vote, to people that don't really know the ramifications, is a bad idea!

Grantham

Democracy is the tool that binds society.

That doesn't mean a balanced and reasoned counter-arguement can't be put forward.

"Democracy is the tool that binds society.

That doesn't mean a balanced and reasoned counter-arguement can't be put forward. "

Very true, but, when years of lies and propaganda have been drip fed into people, it's very hard for that argument to cut through. Totally agree that the pro EU case was pretty woefully supported.

Grantham

That doesn't mean a balanced and reasoned counter-arguement can't be put forward.

Very true, but, when years of lies and propaganda have been drip fed into people, it's very hard for that argument to cut through. Totally agree that the pro EU case was pretty woefully supported."

Then business should start shouting up.

There are more job losses to come, some of these will be well paid tech jobs.

We had no idea of this pandemic when we voted in the referendum, or subsequent GEs. We also have no idea of when it will finish.

The case for, at least postponing Brexit, is getting clearer and stronger.

Very true, but, when years of lies and propaganda have been drip fed into people, it's very hard for that argument to cut through. Totally agree that the pro EU case was pretty woefully supported.

Then business should start shouting up.

There are more job losses to come, some of these will be well paid tech jobs.

We had no idea of this pandemic when we voted in the referendum, or subsequent GEs. We also have no idea of when it will finish.

The case for, at least postponing Brexit, is getting clearer and stronger. "

I totally agree with you but, it's almost cultish now. A lot of people, no matter what evidence is presented, will want s no deal. I remember listening to radio phone ins, a few callers said they didn't mind losing their businesses if we got out. It's madness

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Can’t help think that Covid was the “good day to bury bad news” excuse when it comes to Brexit job losses.

Businesses have a nice easy excuse when it comes to preparing for lean times ahead now.

liverpool

"Governments are meant to do what’s safe and best for our country and the economy. Not what’s popular or we’d all have free TV licences and pay no tax.

"

I think this lot didn't get the memo

liverpool

When all this happened a half competent gmnt would have approached the eu and asked for the ramifications on leaving.They would have then told both sides to detail their argument dealing just in facts and the referendum would have been put to the electorate.

Instead we had an ref based on 20 years of lies and decided what to do afterwards.

You couldn't make it up.

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

Wow, same people still moaning about the same stuff.!

"When all this happened a half competent gmnt would have approached the eu and asked for the ramifications on leaving.They would have then told both sides to detail their argument dealing just in facts and the referendum would have been put to the electorate.

Instead we had an ref based on 20 years of lies and decided what to do afterwards.

You couldn't make it up."

Now 7 billion quid for all the bureaucracy to ship stuff....

I never saw that in a bus either..

On*

"Wow, same people still moaning about the same stuff.!"

And here you are , reading it all again

"Wow, same people still moaning about the same stuff.!"

Hey, it might be because we care about our country, it's people and their livelihoods.

ROMFORD

"Wow, same people still moaning about the same stuff.!

Hey, it might be because we care about our country, it's people and their livelihoods."

Actually it reads as if you don't care about the UK.

You have no belief in the UK and the UK is only worth being in if it is part of some EU superstate where your opinions don't matter.!

I await you blinkered reply no doubt!

Hey, it might be because we care about our country, it's people and their livelihoods.

You have no belief in the UK and the UK is only worth being in if it is part of some EU superstate where your opinions don't matter.!

I await you blinkered reply no doubt! "

And there we have it, and why you will never get your head round it....'belief'.

I'm currently listening to a woman on the radio who makes perfume and exports it to France. Currently, one label and it gets there the next day.

When she exports the same to Switzerland, it's 5 forms that need filling and £30 quid extra.

'Belief' is not gonna change that fact.

I await you blinkered reply no doubt! "

Can you explain to me how you have translated 'we care about our country, it's people and their livelihoods', into 'you don't care'?

You are effectively saying you are happy for British people to lose their jobs and companies to be worse off? Why? So we can have s different coloured passport?

ROMFORD

And there we have it, and why you will never get your head round it....'belief'.

I'm currently listening to a woman on the radio who makes perfume and exports it to France. Currently, one label and it gets there the next day.

When she exports the same to Switzerland, it's 5 forms that need filling and £30 quid extra.

'Belief' is not gonna change that fact."

As the UK are still in the transition period the costs will be the same for all EU countries.

ROMFORD

Can you explain to me how you have translated 'we care about our country, it's people and their livelihoods', into 'you don't care'?

You are effectively saying you are happy for British people to lose their jobs and companies to be worse off? Why? So we can have s different coloured passport? "

The country voted to leave. But you don't care what the country vote for.!!

You are effectively saying you are happy for British people to lose their jobs and companies to be worse off? Why? So we can have s different coloured passport?

The country voted to leave. But you don't care what the country vote for.!!"

Oh, I do, but you can't escape facts. It's done, but it doesn't mean we can't ask what the plan is. You have absolutely no answers to the problems I have posed apart from 'belief'. How can any sensible, intelligent person not find that worrying??

Further to that, you have absolutely no problem with the fact you have been lied to.

I can put clips up of Boris and Gove promising frictionless trade. All complete and utter nonsense, even if there is s deal.

Bristol

As the UK are still in the transition period the costs will be the same for all EU countries."

No it won’t be. The damage will be spread between the 27 countries with some being hit more than others.

Bristol

The country voted to leave. But you don't care what the country vote for.!!"

The country voted to leave. It doesn’t mean that it’s not a cretinous decision. I’d like to know how much expertise you have in international trade, EU institutions and EU regulations you have in order to make an informed decision.

For the vast majority of people their expertise doesn’t go much further than ‘let’s take back control’ and the 365 million for the nhs crappy slogan.

ROMFORD

As the UK are still in the transition period the costs will be the same for all EU countries.

No it won’t be. The damage will be spread between the 27 countries with some being hit more than others. "

Please explain?

Are you saying dirrerent countries in the EU have to pay different export costs?

ROMFORD

The country voted to leave. It doesn’t mean that it’s not a cretinous decision. I’d like to know how much expertise you have in international trade, EU institutions and EU regulations you have in order to make an informed decision.

For the vast majority of people their expertise doesn’t go much further than ‘let’s take back control’ and the 365 million for the nhs crappy slogan. "

Of course and everyone who votes in a general election has a political degree don't they.!

For the vast majority of people their expertise doesn’t go much further than ‘let’s take back control’ and the 365 million for the nhs crappy slogan.

Of course and everyone who votes in a general election has a political degree don't they.!

"

Hence why, referenda on such complex issues, is stupid!

ROMFORD

Hence why, referenda on such complex issues, is stupid!"

So you want to get ride of votes for the UK people now!

Let's just have people unelected by the UK people in charge making the decisions then.

Hold on we had that and decided to leave the EU!

Bristol

No it won’t be. The damage will be spread between the 27 countries with some being hit more than others.

Please explain?

Are you saying dirrerent countries in the EU have to pay different export costs?"

No I’m saying that on one side we’ll feel the blow of trading less or with more difficulty with 27 countries whereas on their side, they will have lost trading partner. 1 lost trading partner for them, 27 for us. I hope that makes sense.

Let's just have people unelected by the UK people in charge making the decisions then.

Hold on we had that and decided to leave the EU!"

No, it's why we have a government, to make complex decisions about stuff we don't understand......as you are so brilliantly demonstrating..

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 14/07/20 13:20:27]

Bristol

What I’m trying to say is that we elect politicians to represent us and deal with big topics like the EU, Health, Foreign affairs themselves. It’s their area of expertise. Some people who voted in the referendum ( on both sides) can’t even read or apply social distancing in Bournemouth of bringing up their children decently so I can only assume that if they can’t do these simple things, they are completely incapable of making an informed decision on something like the EU.

The idea that these people have decided the fate of our country and 65 m people is pretty shocking. We are talking about 1% of electors... As an ex teacher, I could write a book on what the bottom 1% of a school is like. They live in a different universe...

ROMFORD

OK, so both of you have said we have politicians to make the difficult decisions for us.

And you are both happy with that.

Well these same politicians sat in parliament in 2015 and voted to hold a referendum on the EU and agreed to implement the result which ever way it went.

You must be happy that 555 MP's voted to hold a referendum.

Bristol

"OK, so both of you have said we have politicians to make the difficult decisions for us.

Well these same politicians sat in parliament in 2015 and voted to hold a referendum on the EU and agreed to implement the result which ever way it went.

You must be happy that 555 MP's voted to hold a referendum."

They decided to have a referendum because of a populist party - UKIP that campaigned for it for a long time. They gambled and they lost. However, people voted to leave and we should now bite the bullet. Democracy means that everybody is entitled to a vote regardless of their competence. I guess that’s one of the downsides of democracy.

However there’s one concept of democracy that brexiters keep forgetting about: the necessity to compromise. It’s one of the five pillars of democracy. Democracy is not the winners takes it all and fuck everyone else.

ROMFORD

"OK, so both of you have said we have politicians to make the difficult decisions for us.

They decided to have a referendum because of a populist party - UKIP that campaigned for it for a long time. They gambled and they lost. However, people voted to leave and we should now bite the bullet. Democracy means that everybody is entitled to a vote regardless of their competence. I guess that’s one of the downsides of democracy.

However there’s one concept of democracy that brexiters keep forgetting about: the necessity to compromise. It’s one of the five pillars of democracy. Democracy is not the winners takes it all and fuck everyone else. "

That is very true.

However the UK voted in June 2016 to leave and because of resistance from the losing side the UK didn't actually leave until January 2020.

Bristol

However there’s one concept of democracy that brexiters keep forgetting about: the necessity to compromise. It’s one of the five pillars of democracy. Democracy is not the winners takes it all and fuck everyone else.

That is very true.

However the UK voted in June 2016 to leave and because of resistance from the losing side the UK didn't actually leave until January 2020.

"

We didn’t leave until 2020 because there were 20 million different ways to leave the EU and none of them was written on the ballot paper. Had we known e a rly what kind of sea we would have had before the referendum took place, the result might have been completely different. What we had I dread was ‘it’ll be the easiest day in history’. OK....

I’m an ardent remainer but I’ve always said we should leave and implement the result. However it didn’t say no deal on the ballot paper. With the result being so close, we should have the least radical Brexit possible. That would be democratic and sensible. However it looks like we’re heading towards the most radical one and the brexiters who accuse parliament to thwart brexit last year are now guilty of the same extremism by going for the winner takes it all stance which is frankly disgraceful.

Bristol

Sorry for typo. It should say: had we known earlier what kind of deal we would have had before the referendum, the result might and would have probably been different.

That is very true.

We didn’t leave until 2020 because there were 20 million different ways to leave the EU and none of them was written on the ballot paper. Had we known e a rly what kind of sea we would have had before the referendum took place, the result might have been completely different. What we had I dread was ‘it’ll be the easiest day in history’. OK....

I’m an ardent remainer but I’ve always said we should leave and implement the result. However it didn’t say no deal on the ballot paper. With the result being so close, we should have the least radical Brexit possible. That would be democratic and sensible. However it looks like we’re heading towards the most radical one and the brexiters who accuse parliament to thwart brexit last year are now guilty of the same extremism by going for the winner takes it all stance which is frankly disgraceful. "

The radical, hard core are now driving the Tory party.

Bristol

That is very true.

I’m an ardent remainer but I’ve always said we should leave and implement the result. However it didn’t say no deal on the ballot paper. With the result being so close, we should have the least radical Brexit possible. That would be democratic and sensible. However it looks like we’re heading towards the most radical one and the brexiters who accuse parliament to thwart brexit last year are now guilty of the same extremism by going for the winner takes it all stance which is frankly disgraceful.

The radical, hard core are now driving the Tory party."

The ardent defenders of democracy, freedom etc...

Bristol

I personally think the more radical Brexit we get, the more likely we are to rejoin soon. The more compromised Brexit we get, the longer we’ll stay out and the more people will want to stick to it.

It’ll take a long time but this madness will stop and reason will prevail in the end. Britain is worth better than the shitshow we have been served by the loonies from the far right and common sense will hopefully return once the populists have been found out and exposed.

Politics is made of cycles. We’re currently bogged down with the populist buffoons that are Johnson, Trump etc... but like everything else, there will be an end to their era.

liverpool

"Sorry for typo. It should say: had we known earlier what kind of deal we would have had before the referendum, the result might and would have probably been different. "

I'm not so sure.Big chunks of the uk are fed up with the 'liberal elite'and in their wisdom as a show of protest voted for some thing which in all likelihood,will make them worse off.

liverpool

When you say unelected do you mean the mep's?

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Sorry for typo. It should say: had we known earlier what kind of deal we would have had before the referendum, the result might and would have probably been different.

I'm not so sure.Big chunks of the uk are fed up with the 'liberal elite'and in their wisdom as a show of protest voted for some thing which in all likelihood,will make them worse off."

ffs ppl still crying over brexit what’s that song called cry me a river lol

liverpool

That is very true.

"

That's a new one.

It took us years to leave because the leave campaign..despite all their lies and bullshit..didn't actually believe the British electorate would cut their own throat and were therefore totally unprepared on what to do next.

liverpool

"Sorry for typo. It should say: had we known earlier what kind of deal we would have had before the referendum, the result might and would have probably been different.

I'm not so sure.Big chunks of the uk are fed up with the 'liberal elite'and in their wisdom as a show of protest voted for some thing which in all likelihood,will make them worse off. ffs ppl still crying over brexit what’s that song called cry me a river lol"

Epic bantz

Bristol

I'm not so sure.Big chunks of the uk are fed up with the 'liberal elite'and in their wisdom as a show of protest voted for some thing which in all likelihood,will make them worse off. ffs ppl still crying over brexit what’s that song called cry me a river lol"

People are as free to cry about Brexit as much as they want as much as you are to revel in your newly found fantastic world. I still haven’t seen any concrete thing that we’ve achieved since we left but I’m sure you’re going to tell us. And if you’re not happy about people fighting their corner for what they believe in, that’s your problem. Let’s say that this is democracy too...

That is very true.

"

Really? Theresa May had a deal and leave backing MPS (including Boris ) voted against it?

Nothing to laugh about, your country being made poorer. Again, how do you feel laughing at your country being made poorer? What an odd position to defend

thornaby

[Removed by poster at 14/07/20 16:00:00]

thornaby

I'm not so sure.Big chunks of the uk are fed up with the 'liberal elite'and in their wisdom as a show of protest voted for some thing which in all likelihood,will make them worse off. ffs ppl still crying over brexit what’s that song called cry me a river lol

People are as free to cry about Brexit as much as they want as much as you are to revel in your newly found fantastic world. I still haven’t seen any concrete thing that we’ve achieved since we left but I’m sure you’re going to tell us. And if you’re not happy about people fighting their corner for what they believe in, that’s your problem. Let’s say that this is democracy too... "

first we’ve not left yet second fighting yr corner what fight the fight is over yr corner men have gone home the crowds gone yr in the ring shadow boxing enjoy knock ya self out lol

ROMFORD

I'm not so sure.Big chunks of the uk are fed up with the 'liberal elite'and in their wisdom as a show of protest voted for some thing which in all likelihood,will make them worse off. ffs ppl still crying over brexit what’s that song called cry me a river lol

People are as free to cry about Brexit as much as they want as much as you are to revel in your newly found fantastic world. I still haven’t seen any concrete thing that we’ve achieved since we left but I’m sure you’re going to tell us. And if you’re not happy about people fighting their corner for what they believe in, that’s your problem. Let’s say that this is democracy too... first we’ve not left yet second fighting yr corner what fight the fight is over yr corner men have gone home the crowds gone yr in the ring shadow boxing enjoy knock ya self out lol"

News flash:

The UK left the EU on January 31st 2020.

ROMFORD

Hold on we had that and decided to leave the EU!

When you say unelected do you mean the mep's?"

No I don't mean the MEP's.!

thornaby

People are as free to cry about Brexit as much as they want as much as you are to revel in your newly found fantastic world. I still haven’t seen any concrete thing that we’ve achieved since we left but I’m sure you’re going to tell us. And if you’re not happy about people fighting their corner for what they believe in, that’s your problem. Let’s say that this is democracy too... first we’ve not left yet second fighting yr corner what fight the fight is over yr corner men have gone home the crowds gone yr in the ring shadow boxing enjoy knock ya self out lol

News flash:

The UK left the EU on January 31st 2020."

sorry I ment we haven’t got a deal yet so what are you fighting then ? To rejoin ?

People are as free to cry about Brexit as much as they want as much as you are to revel in your newly found fantastic world. I still haven’t seen any concrete thing that we’ve achieved since we left but I’m sure you’re going to tell us. And if you’re not happy about people fighting their corner for what they believe in, that’s your problem. Let’s say that this is democracy too... first we’ve not left yet second fighting yr corner what fight the fight is over yr corner men have gone home the crowds gone yr in the ring shadow boxing enjoy knock ya self out lol"

So, you are not concerned that you seem to be laughing at your country becoming poorer? I thought I was the one who didn't like this country?

People are as free to cry about Brexit as much as they want as much as you are to revel in your newly found fantastic world. I still haven’t seen any concrete thing that we’ve achieved since we left but I’m sure you’re going to tell us. And if you’re not happy about people fighting their corner for what they believe in, that’s your problem. Let’s say that this is democracy too... first we’ve not left yet second fighting yr corner what fight the fight is over yr corner men have gone home the crowds gone yr in the ring shadow boxing enjoy knock ya self out lol

News flash:

The UK left the EU on January 31st 2020. sorry I ment we haven’t got a deal yet so what are you fighting then ? To rejoin ?"

Well, we should all be fighting for the best deal we can possibly get. The problem is, it will never be as good as the one we had. So, I'm struggling to see what it is exactly that you have won? As far as I can see, we are all going to lose.

Bristol

Is that Brexiters’ spelling? Take back control of your language mate. This fight is not over. It looks like it’s hardly started.

thornaby

Weyyyy the spelling police are on again you’ve broke my heart there bud I’m wounded lol Keep fighting what are you actually doing to fight yr corner apart from yr posts on here ?

"Weyyyy the spelling police are on again you’ve broke my heart there bud I’m wounded lol Keep fighting what are you actually doing to fight yr corner apart from yr posts on here ?"

So, back to you finding it funny that British people will lose jobs.....talk me through that again..

Bristol

"Weyyyy the spelling police are on again you’ve broke my heart there bud I’m wounded lol Keep fighting what are you actually doing to fight yr corner apart from yr posts on here ?"

Yes, education never stops. You mustn’t despair. Even you can get a second chance at it.

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 14/07/20 17:35:41]

Now weren't we lucky.

Saying that, we may still be.You could write this on the headboard of your bed. Just to remind you as they were fucking us up the ass.

The results of brainwashing are very sad to see.

Says the man that kept saying the nhs had had its funds cut by the Tories, and had been brainwashed into thinking that.

We ALL believe we arent susceptible to it "

Except it has.The amount spent pre-covid on the NHS, per resident in the UK has gone down every decade.

The gross figure has increased, but not in terms of increasing it in line with population demand. I'm not just on about population growth, I'm in about the reality that once you get to 50+, the NHS requires more investment for you as as a 50+ year old, as generally you are more at risk of accidents and all diseases.

I hate to say it, but you're not looking at the statistics.

Bristol

Ah...., OK, Benidorm! Enough said. You should have said mentioned it before. It speaks a thousand words.

thornaby

Aw hope yr having a good time there us 3 are there sept you can talk to me about my grammar lol

Bristol

"Aw hope yr having a good time there us 3 are there sept you can talk to me about my grammar lol"

It’s ok. Everybody’s view has merits. Even those from the fish and chips Spanish brigade.

thornaby

Aw sorry my mistake I thought you were in Benidorm now lol

Bristol

"Aw sorry my mistake I thought you were in Benidorm now lol"

Me? No thanks. I have standards. Probably the last place on Earth I’d go to! There are so many great places in Spain to go to, why would I go there? You’re as likely to see me there as in Blackpool.

liverpool

"Weyyyy the spelling police are on again you’ve broke my heart there bud I’m wounded lol Keep fighting what are you actually doing to fight yr corner apart from yr posts on here ?

So, back to you finding it funny that British people will lose jobs.....talk me through that again.."

U wt m8?

thornaby

"Aw sorry my mistake I thought you were in Benidorm now lol

Me? No thanks. I have standards. Probably the last place on Earth I’d go to! There are so many great places in Spain to go to, why would I go there? You’re as likely to see me there as in Blackpool. "

well we have had two hols cancelled this yr one to temptations cancun give that a swerve bud it wouldn’t be yr cup of tea it’s a party hotel lol so we thought we’d take our young girlfriend to Benidorm were would you suggest we go Eastbourne ? so do you look down yr nose at everyone who goes to Benidorm then ? Do you have any suggestions don’t say Eastbourne lol

milton keynes

Sums it up really.

We won’t get an EU army

It appears popular with some European leaders. Are you saying an European armed force would be stronger than NATO?

Not sure?

Just a bit surprised there is so much opposition to it or actually..no.im not at all.

Fairly sure that isn't the reason we came out though."

The current 27 EU nations military put together are a fraction of what the US has. If they are to replace NATO they will need to increase spending massively. I'm not sure they are up for that even without the pandemic problems

So let's recap on here we voted to leave and people where stupid for voting that way, so let's stop people voting unless they vote the way they should. Mmmm sound's like a dictatorial state would suit most, that's what the EU is heading towards so maybe we sould have stayed in.

milton keynes

I am personally not worried at all about Germany becoming a nuclear power. There are countries I’m really worried about but Germany isn’t one of them. I just find it sad that countries that have managed to get so much closer for the past 80 years are about to diverge when they have so much in common culturally, geographically and politically. America is declining too and even a democrat administration may not change radically the US stance on NATO. We’ll see but we’ve pretty much told 27 countries to fuck off, we’re obviously locking horns with China and we know how bad our relationship is with Russia. All our eggs are in the American basket. And you could argue that the US is a less reliable ally than it used to be. "

Germany can't be a nuclear power in its own right like others but can have the weapons if they were under the control of an EU military. Not sure we told the EU to fuck off but I agree some may interpret it that way

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

That is very true.

I’m an ardent remainer but I’ve always said we should leave and implement the result. However it didn’t say no deal on the ballot paper. With the result being so close, we should have the least radical Brexit possible. That would be democratic and sensible. However it looks like we’re heading towards the most radical one and the brexiters who accuse parliament to thwart brexit last year are now guilty of the same extremism by going for the winner takes it all stance which is frankly disgraceful. "

On any vote the more accurate information the better. Do you think last year we had enough new information to make another choice?

"So let's recap on here we voted to leave and people where stupid for voting that way, so let's stop people voting unless they vote the way they should. Mmmm sound's like a dictatorial state would suit most, that's what the EU is heading towards so maybe we sould have stayed in. "

Now your conflating voting in a gE to dictatorship.

The people should not be given referendum votes.

They should be allowed to vote for a party to form a govt

Thats why its called Democracy.

"So let's recap on here we voted to leave and people where stupid for voting that way, so let's stop people voting unless they vote the way they should. Mmmm sound's like a dictatorial state would suit most, that's what the EU is heading towards so maybe we sould have stayed in. "

Well, did you vote for more bureaucracy? I thought you all voted for less? So you are telling me you knew businesses would have triple the amount of paperwork and red tape to export goods? You sound very confused.

News flash:

The UK left the EU on January 31st 2020."

Did we get a good trade deal?

News flash:

Did we get a good trade deal? "

There still working on that failure

ROMFORD

News flash:

Did we get a good trade deal? "

You know full well negotiations are still ongoing.

So your question is irreverent.!

News flash:

So your question is irreverent.!"

We have left though? I shall rephrase my question, do you think we will get a great deal ?

News flash:

There still working on that failure

"

Ye of little faith . Boris stated he had a great , oven ready deal and who am I to doubt his word

ROMFORD

News flash:

We have left though? I shall rephrase my question, do you think we will get a great deal ? "

That will be up to the two negotiating teams don't you think?

Unless as a Fab expert you have been asked to sit in on the negotiations and you know better?

News flash:

We have left though? I shall rephrase my question, do you think we will get a great deal ?

Unless as a Fab expert you have been asked to sit in on the negotiations and you know better?

"

I asked for your opinion ? Don’t you have one? Did you vote leave?

liverpool

News flash:

"

Do we have Christopher grayling on The case?