FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > BBC

BBC

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *shrop_cple OP   Couple  over a year ago

Ceredigion

No not THAT. Aunty BEEB I mean.

A thread where you are invited to highlight whatever trivial domestic news story the BBC is peddling to us each day whilst ignoring newsworthy happenings from around the globe...

Fire away (and keep 'em coming!)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Ceredigion

Yesterday (or the day before)..

The Duke of Edinburgh relinquishes command of an army regiment to the Duchess of Cornwall.

Elsewhere in the world,

A US fighter jet intercepts an Iranian CIVIL airliner flying in a recognised airlane above Damascus, necessitating it to take evasive action which caused injury to some of the terrified passengers onboard.

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Interesting thread when the Sun, the Mail and the Express peddle lies 24/7.

The BBC haters / flat earthers are going to love it...

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

I hate the bbc purely for the license fee

Bristol

"I hate the bbc purely for the license fee"

You would...

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

The BBC gives the UK way more international power than Trident. There's a lot more to it than Graham Norton's salary. And as crap as it's been at reporting UK national news, it still has teeth and surprisingly shows them now and then. Emily Mathis didn't pull her punches and the Today programme has found it's testicles again.

Ceredigion

Thanks for all of the above - sort of.

But you have hijacked the thread somewhat. The thread was intended, not as a general discussion about the BBC, but rather as a place to note the daily attempts to place sundry items domestic drivel in the eyes of the British public while avoiding world happenings that those the BBC take their orders from would rather us not know about. A recognised practice mentioned as early as 1948 by George Orwell in his book '1984'.

Have fun looking out for it - it is there for all to see on a daily basis. And document your findings here...

Who knows what today might bring for the newshounds of the BBC? Perhaps several rolls of felt will be required for a scout hut in Basingstoke, but still no mention will be made of the AMERICAN manufacturer of the faulty Grenfell cladding.

Ceredigion

On the BBC today…

Regis Philbin, an octogenarian U.S. chat show host (largely unknown to the people of the U.K.) has died.

Being reported elsewhere in the world (Al Jazeera)…

Australia (a country where many U.K. citizens have friends and relations) has posted it’s highest daily covid-19 death toll since the pandemic began.

(Evidently the BBC news editor, flushed with his/her success at securing the Regis Philbin scoop, did’nt deem the Aussie item newsworthy enough)

In fairness to the BBC, also on Al Jazeera…

Regis Philbin, an octogenarian U.S. chat show host (largely unknown to the people of the Middle East) has died.

And on France24…

Regis Philbin, an octogenarian U.S. chat show host (largely unknown to the people of France) has died.

Derry

"Thanks for all of the above - sort of.

But you have hijacked the thread somewhat. The thread was intended, not as a general discussion about the BBC, but rather as a place to note the daily attempts to place sundry items domestic drivel in the eyes of the British public while avoiding world happenings that those the BBC take their orders from would rather us not know about. A recognised practice mentioned as early as 1948 by George Orwell in his book '1984'.

Have fun looking out for it - it is there for all to see on a daily basis. And document your findings here...

Who knows what today might bring for the newshounds of the BBC? Perhaps several rolls of felt will be required for a scout hut in Basingstoke, but still no mention will be made of the AMERICAN manufacturer of the faulty Grenfell cladding."

I think what you're referring to isn't specific to the BBC, the 24 hour news cycle, t'internet and clickbait headlines have all dumbed down the reporting of news and moved the goalposts on what is considered to be news.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

So if it was free and the content was exactly the same but full of adverts your wouldn’t hate it?

I saw in the news that yet another former BBC employee has been convicted of sexual offences against children. Ben Thomas, a presenter on Ffeil, the Welsh language news programme for young people has admitted 40 offences, including indecent assaults and voyeurism.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

[Removed by poster at 26/07/20 16:33:37]

I don't hate it one way or the other - but the License Fee should be a choice.

But why not just let the plain old FACTS speak for the BBC . . .

YouGov Survey 18-20 July 2020.

------------------------------

* Should the BBC be funded from the Licence Fee.

Only 21% Percent wanted this option.

* Should the BBC be funded from commercial breaks.

37% Said this was the best option.

* Pay to watch each of the BBC channels by Subcription.

16% thought this a good idea.

* Fund it by General Taxation.

9% liked this idea.

* Don't Knows

16% Still to make up theirs minds.

So if we - be generous - and add the 16% don't knows to the 21% who said the License Fee was okay we get . . .

Only 37% of the population say that the TV License is the best way.

When asked Is the License Fee Value for Money.

29% said it was.

59% said it wasn't.

11% didn't know.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . And there you have it folks.

Bristol

Who cares about surveys? If you were to ask people in a survey if they want pay tax, they would also they don’t want.

What a fuss for £3 a week!

"Who cares about surveys? If you were to ask people in a survey if they want pay tax, they would also they don’t want.

What a fuss for £3 a week! "

Yeah, BBC employees need that £3 to buy bags of sweeties

"Who cares about surveys? If you were to ask people in a survey if they want pay tax, they would also they don’t want.

What a fuss for £3 a week! "

hahaha of course you don't care about surveys when they don't support your narrative.

The BBC is going pay. No two ways about it.

Bristol

hahaha of course you don't care about surveys when they don't support your narrative.

"

Nothing to do about the poll going my way or not. I keep telling you that the majority is not always right hence my example about newspapers which you have avoided answering.

Nothing to do about the poll going my way or not. I keep telling you that the majority is not always right hence my example about newspapers which you have avoided answering. "

Well the righteous can be right all they like - it's still going pay.

You put something about the Sun in a post a week or so ago - it wasn't anything to do with anything I said - so I just took it as your avoiding the facts being presented by the public with regard to the future of the BBC.

Who cares if the Sun survives !!!

Derry

"I don't hate it one way or the other - but the License Fee should be a choice.

But why not just let the plain old FACTS speak for the BBC . . .

YouGov Survey 18-20 July 2020.

------------------------------

"

Ahem.

Bristol

Nothing to do about the poll going my way or not. I keep telling you that the majority is not always right hence my example about newspapers which you have avoided answering.

You put something about the Sun in a post a week or so ago - it wasn't anything to do with anything I said - so I just took it as your avoiding the facts being presented by the public with regard to the future of the BBC.

"

No it was just a cop out. You told us that if the BBC was so good it would do well despite competition. I told you that if quality guaranteed success, the Sum or the Daily Mail wouldn’t be the most read newspapers and the Guardian or the Telegraph would be on top. No reply. You had some shopping to do apparently.

I’ll also add that the bbc is a public service with a lot of local radio and tv studios that make it more expensive to run. No reply either.

But you still have the bit between the teeth apparently. £3 a week. Life is tough.

No it was just a cop out. You told us that if the BBC was so good it would do well despite competition. I told you that if quality guaranteed success, the Sum or the Daily Mail wouldn’t be the most read newspapers and the Guardian or the Telegraph would be on top. No reply. You had some shopping to do apparently.

I’ll also add that the bbc is a public service with a lot of local radio and tv studios that make it more expensive to run. No reply either.

But you still have the bit between the teeth apparently. £3 a week. Life is tough. "

Well the very short answer to that is if the BBC can't make more or at least the same in the 'pay' market there doesn't deserve to be a BBC. End of.

Furthermore - you make it sound like the BBC has a right to exist. It only exists because we have no other option but to pay for it in the License Fee. In a pay market it has no right to exist at al. It would only exist if it delivers what the public are prepared to pay for.

BTW I can go shopping whenever I like - unlike the non-democracy that you love in having to pay the License even if 'you' feel entitled to having a random question answered before I do - Democracy says I can go shopping at the drop of hat.

It sounded idiotic as usual

BTW Channel 3 services, Channel 4, Channel 5, S4C are also Public Service Broadcasters and they have PAID Adds.

"I saw in the news that yet another former BBC employee has been convicted of sexual offences against children. Ben Thomas, a presenter on Ffeil, the Welsh language news programme for young people has admitted 40 offences, including indecent assaults and voyeurism. "

Really? Wow, what does this mean?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"I hate the bbc purely for the license fee

It sounded idiotic as usual "

Seems perfectly reasonable to hate a channel which has made some of the best programmes ever made.

"I saw in the news that yet another former BBC employee has been convicted of sexual offences against children. Ben Thomas, a presenter on Ffeil, the Welsh language news programme for young people has admitted 40 offences, including indecent assaults and voyeurism.

Really? Wow, what does this mean? "

I read that he is answering the OP's Original question.

liverpool

[Removed by poster at 26/07/20 19:29:45]

Seems perfectly reasonable to hate a channel which has made some of the best programmes ever made."

'some'

Anyways - Sexy7?

I'm off to watch Netlix. Have a cosy night.

liverpool

Seems perfectly reasonable to hate a channel which has made some of the best programmes ever made.

'some'"

If you wanna point me in the direction of a tele channel which ,every single show it produces is the best ever made..I'm all ears.

"I saw in the news that yet another former BBC employee has been convicted of sexual offences against children. Ben Thomas, a presenter on Ffeil, the Welsh language news programme for young people has admitted 40 offences, including indecent assaults and voyeurism.

I read that he is answering the OP's Original question."

I know, but a ‘former’ BBC employee being convicted of child sexual offences , uncanny coincidence don’t you think ??

Bristol

"Furthermore - you make it sound like the BBC has a right to exist. It only exists because we have no other option but to pay for it in the License Fee. In a pay market it has no right to exist at al. It would only exist if it delivers what the public are prepared to pay for.

BTW I can go shopping whenever I like - unlike the non-democracy that you love in having to pay the License even if 'you' feel entitled to having a random question answered before I do - Democracy says I can go shopping at the drop of hat. "

Who cares about you shopping or not but when you have a conversation with someone, you try to answer the other person’s question or at least try to come back to it later on. That’s just courtesy.

Bristol

But you still have the bit between the teeth apparently. £3 a week. Life is tough.

Well the very short answer to that is if the BBC can't make more or at least the same in the 'pay' market there doesn't deserve to be a BBC. End of.

"

As I explained last time, what is of good quality is not always successful. I mentioned the French cinema industry that produces some great indie films by being subsidised. If it wasn’t, the French would be served the same American soup as we are. The same principle applies to TV. BBC2 will never have the same ratings as other channels.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

The bbc produces some great programmes and plenty of crap as well they are meant to be the pinnacle of news broadcasting, they left that high ground a very long time ago.

The French import plenty of us made tv too.

thornaby

[Removed by poster at 26/07/20 20:54:49]

thornaby

You would... "

why is that then ?

liverpool

"The bbc produces some great programmes and plenty of crap as well they are meant to be the pinnacle of news broadcasting, they left that high ground a very long time ago.

"

I'd struggle to name any other tele company in the world who has produced as much quality as the bbc.

Even sky for all their millions get their best shows from HBO.

If you can 'hate'a channel who introduces you to Alan partridge you need to have a word with yourself.

thornaby

"The bbc produces some great programmes and plenty of crap as well they are meant to be the pinnacle of news broadcasting, they left that high ground a very long time ago.

I'd struggle to name any other tele company in the world who has produced as much quality as the bbc.

If you can 'hate'a channel who introduces you to Alan partridge you need to have a word with yourself."

Alan partridge do you mean _exy7

Bristol

"

You’re right they do. But they really care a lot about their cinema industry and subsidising it is a no brainer and noone really questions it.

I’m going to repeat but I can’t believe the fuss people are making about such a small fee when they are paying £10 for Spotify or £40 a months for Sky. I know that nobody forced them to for Spotify and Sky but what a storm in a teacup.

The whole thing is political. Funnily enough it’s the right wingers here who complain the licence free. Probably a coincidence. Most of them don’t like the bbc because it is supposedly left wing so anything is good to have a pop.

Paying for Murdoch to brainwash them for 30 years doesn’t seem to trouble them too much. The Murdoch programme is a must watch!

bournemouth

If you can 'hate'a channel who introduces you to Alan partridge you need to have a word with yourself."

Used to is the key word, past tense.

If you think Partridge is the pinnacle you need to have a word with yourself

If you can 'hate'a channel who introduces you to Alan partridge you need to have a word with yourself.

If you think Partridge is the pinnacle you need to have a word with yourself"

It makes total sense that you wouldn't like Partridge....Alf Garnett more your style

liverpool

If you can 'hate'a channel who introduces you to Alan partridge you need to have a word with yourself.Alan partridge do you mean _exy7"

Eh?

Derry

"Anyways - Sexy7?

I'm off to watch Netlix. Have a cosy night. "

If you think that Netflix is comparable to the services and role of the BBC, you're a fool.

Bristol

"Anyways - Sexy7?

I'm off to watch Netlix. Have a cosy night.

If you think that Netflix is comparable to the services and role of the BBC, you're a fool. "

Don’t even try to explain! I already have but you’re wasting your time. ‘I pay for what I want to watch’ is as far as it goes.

liverpool

If you think Partridge is the pinnacle you need to have a word with yourself"

Never trust anyone who doesn't like partridge.

In recent years.. fleabag,dectectorists,this country,people just do nothing,war and peace,vanity fair,peaky blinders,line of duty.killing eve aswell introducing us to scandi noir.

Just off the top of my head.

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 26/07/20 21:46:54]

Bristol

If you can 'hate'a channel who introduces you to Alan partridge you need to have a word with yourself.Alan partridge do you mean _exy7

Eh?"

Exactly.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

In fairness BBC Scotland introduced us to Still Game, which for me and my family has given years of enjoyment and one liners.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"In fairness BBC Scotland introduced us to Still Game, which for me and my family has given years of enjoyment and one liners.

"

Oh yes

Gutted when it ended

I know, but a ‘former’ BBC employee being convicted of child sexual offences , uncanny coincidence don’t you think ?? "

Many of his offences were committed when he was an employee of the BBC. Now he is a former BBC employee in that he is no longer employed by them. Is this why the BBC run "Children in Need", as a form of compensation to children for the crimes of so many of their "former" employees?

You’re right they do. But they really care a lot about their cinema industry and subsidising it is a no brainer and noone really questions it.

I’m going to repeat but I can’t believe the fuss people are making about such a small fee when they are paying £10 for Spotify or £40 a months for Sky. I know that nobody forced them to for Spotify and Sky but what a storm in a teacup.

The whole thing is political. Funnily enough it’s the right wingers here who complain the licence free. Probably a coincidence. Most of them don’t like the bbc because it is supposedly left wing so anything is good to have a pop.

Paying for Murdoch to brainwash them for 30 years doesn’t seem to trouble them too much. The Murdoch programme is a must watch! "

Yup the man who lost the News of the World for

Hacking a MURDERED CHILD'S PHONE.

Dispicable Human Being.

Never given him a Penny & Never will.

bournemouth

It makes total sense that you wouldn't like Partridge....Alf Garnett more your style "

Ah the typical response of the intolerant, throw an insult.

Of course if you knew anything about Garnett you would know he was the butt of the joke.

The bbc has made far better programmes than Partridge, only fools for one is in a different league.

It makes total sense that you wouldn't like Partridge....Alf Garnett more your style

Of course if you knew anything about Garnett you would know he was the butt of the joke.

The bbc has made far better programmes than Partridge, only fools for one is in a different league. "

Ffs lighten up you miserable whatsit. Was pulling your leg. But seeing as you generalised the other day that all poor people buy fags and have flat screen TVs then I thought other generalisations are right up your street...

Derry

" flat screen TVs "

Are they still going on about the poor and undeserving having flat screen TVs? Seriously?

liverpool

I know, but a ‘former’ BBC employee being convicted of child sexual offences , uncanny coincidence don’t you think ??

Many of his offences were committed when he was an employee of the BBC. Now he is a former BBC employee in that he is no longer employed by them. Is this why the BBC run "Children in Need", as a form of compensation to children for the crimes of so many of their "former" employees? "

Didn't realise an employer was responsible for the crimes of its employees?

liverpool

The bbc has made far better programmes than Partridge, only fools for one is in a different league. "

Only fools wss decent

Not in the same league as partridge

" flat screen TVs

Are they still going on about the poor and undeserving having flat screen TVs? Seriously?"

The Daily Mail poison working again...

thornaby

It’s a sport for some ppl on here to slag of the poor

Many of his offences were committed when he was an employee of the BBC. Now he is a former BBC employee in that he is no longer employed by them. Is this why the BBC run "Children in Need", as a form of compensation to children for the crimes of so many of their "former" employees? "

The BBC has always been a pro pedophilia establishment.

They still proudly display their pedophile statue at the entrance sculpted by pedophile Eric Gill.

No, that isn’t the reason. So you think there is a link between working at the BBC and being a peadophile?

"It’s a sport for some ppl on here to slag of the poor "

Yep, tis true. I always just think I'm bloody lucky to be relatively ok. Doesn't take much for things to go the other way

liverpool

Many of his offences were committed when he was an employee of the BBC. Now he is a former BBC employee in that he is no longer employed by them. Is this why the BBC run "Children in Need", as a form of compensation to children for the crimes of so many of their "former" employees?

They still proudly display their pedophile statue at the entrance sculpted by pedophile Eric Gill."

Do they only employ paedophiles?

They still proudly display their pedophile statue at the entrance sculpted by pedophile Eric Gill."

The most ridiculous statement I think I have ever read...

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

The left :

"Bring down the establishment!"

Also the left:

"We must carry on paying the bbc licence fee, or go to prison!"

"The left :

Also the left:

"

What the actual fuck are you on about. 'The left'? Bringing down society. That is such a 6th form reading of politics. How old are you??

liverpool

"The left :

Also the left:

"

Are we having a 'who can post the most ridiculous bullshit in 1 sentence 'competition today?

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

"

Do they only employ paedophiles?"

The more I hear about Mary Berry the less I like her.

"The left :

Also the left:

Are we having a 'who can post the most ridiculous bullshit in 1 sentence 'competition today?"

Ha, at least he is consistent

bournemouth

"I saw in the news that yet another former BBC employee has been convicted of sexual offences

Didn't realise an employer was responsible for the crimes of its employees?"

In certain circumstances they are.

liverpool

"I saw in the news that yet another former BBC employee has been convicted of sexual offences

In certain circumstances they are. "

Really?

bournemouth

Really?"

Yep.

liverpool

Really?

Yep."

Like?

bournemouth

Really?

Yep.

Like?"

Allowing an employee to commit a crime while in working hours and or on work premises such as physical or sexual abuse in kids homes or care homes. Ignoring warnings from those suffering such abuse or their relatives or other workers is included in the meaning of "allowing" it to happen.

Really?

Yep.

Like?

Allowing an employee to commit a crime while in working hours and or on work premises such as physical or sexual abuse in kids homes or care homes. Ignoring warnings from those suffering such abuse or their relatives or other workers is included in the meaning of "allowing" it to happen."

Did this happen in the case mentioned? I know it was rife with Jimmy Saville but he was also a massive Tory supporter and friend of Thatcher, so what does this mean?

bournemouth

Really?

Yep.

Like?

Allowing an employee to commit a crime while in working hours and or on work premises such as physical or sexual abuse in kids homes or care homes. Ignoring warnings from those suffering such abuse or their relatives or other workers is included in the meaning of "allowing" it to happen.

Did this happen in the case mentioned? I know it was rife with Jimmy Saville but he was also a massive Tory supporter and friend of Thatcher, so what does this mean? "

?

liverpool

Really?

Yep.

Like?

Allowing an employee to commit a crime while in working hours and or on work premises such as physical or sexual abuse in kids homes or care homes. Ignoring warnings from those suffering such abuse or their relatives or other workers is included in the meaning of "allowing" it to happen."

If an employee has committed physical or sexual assault on a care home and the employer has been made aware of it,and done nothing,they are guilty of negligence and should be punished accordingly.

They aren't guilty of the offence

Really?

Yep.

Like?

Did this happen in the case mentioned? I know it was rife with Jimmy Saville but he was also a massive Tory supporter and friend of Thatcher, so what does this mean?

?"

Exactly, my statement made no sense , as is the accusation (which you didn’t make but others in here have ) that the BBC allows peadophiles to work there

Really?

Yep.

Like?

?

Exactly, my statement made no sense , as is the accusation (which you didn’t make but others in here have ) that the BBC allows peadophiles to work there "

Have you read the entire Operation Yewtree report? I have. There is a saying in my country that translates to - "If it looks like shit and smells like shit, it probably is shit". Most apt for the BBC.

Really?

Yep.

Like?

?

Exactly, my statement made no sense , as is the accusation (which you didn’t make but others in here have ) that the BBC allows peadophiles to work there

Have you read the entire Operation Yewtree report? I have. There is a saying in my country that translates to - "If it looks like shit and smells like shit, it probably is shit". Most apt for the BBC."

I haven’t read it all, have you? What page is the ‘if it looks like shit and smells like shit , it is probably shit’ quote on?

liverpool

Really?

Yep.

Like?

Did this happen in the case mentioned? I know it was rife with Jimmy Saville but he was also a massive Tory supporter and friend of Thatcher, so what does this mean? "

You can only make tenuous links when it involves the bbc?

liverpool

Really?

Yep.

Like?

?

Have you read the entire Operation Yewtree report? I have. There is a saying in my country that translates to - "If it looks like shit and smells like shit, it probably is shit". Most apt for the BBC.

I haven’t read it all, have you? What page is the ‘if it looks like shit and smells like shit , it is probably shit’ quote on? "

Next to the one about no smoke without fire presumably.

Really?

Yep.

Like?

You can only make tenuous links when it involves the bbc?"

Of course, I guess the BBC gave him a knighthood, allowed him access to care and children’s homes??

liverpool

Really?

Yep.

Like?

Of course, I guess the BBC gave him a knighthood, allowed him access to care and children’s homes??"

Of course.You would never see a member of the royal family involved in anything unsavoury concerning underage girls.

liverpool

Thatcher made 5 attempts to get him knighted apparently

Really?

Yep.

Like?

Of course, I guess the BBC gave him a knighthood, allowed him access to care and children’s homes??

Of course.You would never see a member of the royal family involved in anything unsavoury concerning underage girls."

But but but, Prince Andrew once did an interview on the BBC, coincidence? I think not

Really?

Yep.

Like?

?

I haven’t read it all, have you? What page is the ‘if it looks like shit and smells like shit , it is probably shit’ quote on? "

I said on my post - "Have you read the entire Operation Yewtree report? I have." The "I have" part of that indicates that I have read it.

I said on my post - "There is a saying in my country that translates to - "If it looks like shit and smells like shit, it probably is shit"." The salient part of this is "There is a saying in my country ..." indicating that it was not in the report.

You have even misquoted your final sentence. In one short post you got three things wrong - pretty impressive, but not surprising. You obviously have difficulties both with comprehension and your own moral compass.

Really?

Yep.

Like?

?

I haven’t read it all, have you? What page is the ‘if it looks like shit and smells like shit , it is probably shit’ quote on?

I said on my post - "Have you read the entire Operation Yewtree report? I have." The "I have" part of that indicates that I have read it.

I said on my post - "There is a saying in my country that translates to - "If it looks like shit and smells like shit, it probably is shit"." The salient part of this is "There is a saying in my country ..." indicating that it was not in the report.

You have even misquoted your final sentence. In one short post you got three things wrong - pretty impressive, but not surprising. You obviously have difficulties both with comprehension and your own moral compass.

"

You have read the entire yew tree operation report? We have a saying in this country, ‘if it sounds like bullshit and smells like bullshit , it is probably bullshit ‘ .

bournemouth

Really?

Yep.

Like?

If an employee has committed physical or sexual assault on a care home and the employer has been made aware of it,and done nothing,they are guilty of negligence and should be punished accordingly.

"

I didnt say they are guilty of "the" offence, they are guilty of allowing it to happen, which is just as bad. It's no different than someone saying that watching child porn isnt as bad as doing it,k is involved with child protection and the police say it's just as bad watching as making it, without the former there would be no demand to make it.

Really?

Yep.

Like?

I didnt say they are guilty of "the" offence, they are guilty of allowing it to happen, which is just as bad. It's no different than someone saying that watching child porn isnt as bad as doing it,k is involved with child protection and the police say it's just as bad watching as making it, without the former there would be no demand to make it. "

That is the worst analogy I have ever read. An employer can only ‘allow’ something to happen if they knew about it and failed to act. If you watch child porn you are committing an offence, if you watch child porn at work and the employer has no knowledge of this and has followed all the laws regarding the internet and employee conduct whilst at work , they are guilty of nothing .

liverpool

Really?

Yep.

Like?

I didnt say they are guilty of "the" offence, they are guilty of allowing it to happen, which is just as bad. It's no different than someone saying that watching child porn isnt as bad as doing it,k is involved with child protection and the police say it's just as bad watching as making it, without the former there would be no demand to make it. "

Surely the sentences would be the same then?

bournemouth

Really?

Yep.

Like?

I didnt say they are guilty of "the" offence, they are guilty of allowing it to happen, which is just as bad. It's no different than someone saying that watching child porn isnt as bad as doing it,k is involved with child protection and the police say it's just as bad watching as making it, without the former there would be no demand to make it.

Surely the sentences would be the same then?"

Should be

bournemouth

Really?

Yep.

Like?

That is the worst analogy I have ever read. An employer can only ‘allow’ something to happen if they knew about it and failed to act. If you watch child porn you are committing an offence, if you watch child porn at work and the employer has no knowledge of this and has followed all the laws regarding the internet and employee conduct whilst at work , they are guilty of nothing . "

That's the whole point the beeb allegedly knew what was going on.

liverpool

Really?

Yep.

Like?

That is the worst analogy I have ever read. An employer can only ‘allow’ something to happen if they knew about it and failed to act. If you watch child porn you are committing an offence, if you watch child porn at work and the employer has no knowledge of this and has followed all the laws regarding the internet and employee conduct whilst at work , they are guilty of nothing .

That's the whole point the beeb allegedly knew what was going on.

"

And the royal family and his bezzie Thatcher didnt?

bournemouth

I would imagine MT would have personally cut his balls off if she did.

liverpool

"I would imagine MT would have personally cut his balls off if she did."

Ha ha

So the bbc knew but not the prime minister and one of his biggest supporters.

Right.

Wasmt the story at the time that he was massively powerful with influential friends.People allegedly knew what he was doing at the hospital

Throw in the type of age it was and hey presto.

salisbury

"The left :

Also the left:

What the actual fuck are you on about. 'The left'? Bringing down society. That is such a 6th form reading of politics. How old are you??"

You flatter me

salisbury

The left, firm supports of establishment paedophile rings.

liverpool

"The left, firm supports of establishment paedophile rings. "

Didn't realise Maggie was a leftie

Or the royal family

Well,you learn something new every day.

salisbury

"The left, firm supports of establishment paedophile rings.

Or the royal family

Well,you learn something new every day."

You're confusing the guilty (them) with those who support them (you).

liverpool

"The left, firm supports of establishment paedophile rings.

Or the royal family

Well,you learn something new every day.

You're confusing the guilty (them) with those who support them (you). "

Could that sentence be more nonsensical?

Really?

Yep.

Like?

?

You have read the entire yew tree operation report? We have a saying in this country, ‘if it sounds like bullshit and smells like bullshit , it is probably bullshit ‘ . "

It's "Operation Yewtree", and yes, I have. I read things like that to improve my English. You really should do similar, it may help you with yours.

Really?

Yep.

Like?

?

You have read the entire yew tree operation report? We have a saying in this country, ‘if it sounds like bullshit and smells like bullshit , it is probably bullshit ‘ .

It's "Operation Yewtree", and yes, I have. I read things like that to improve my English. You really should do similar, it may help you with yours."

Of course you did, I mean, the ‘Operation Yewtree ’ report is the obvious choice to improve your English. Why are you so interested in child abuse?

"The left, firm supports of establishment paedophile rings. "

Who are these left supporters of paedophiles rings? Do they have a covert club or society that are actively supporting child abuse? How many members do they have? I am surprised you haven’t mentioned Kier Starmer and his role at the CPS yet, is thar the ace up your sleeve

If the BBC have no responsibility in the Savile case, why have they, and still are, paying compensation to his victims? In 2013 it was reported by The Independent that the BBC had "set aside £19.1 million" to settle future claims. I do not know how much has been paid so far, but suffice it to say that £19.1 million is approximately 188, 750 licence fees. Again, can a BBC supporter tell me why the BBC did this if they had no responsibility?

Really?

Yep.

Like?

?

It's "Operation Yewtree", and yes, I have. I read things like that to improve my English. You really should do similar, it may help you with yours.

Of course you did, I mean, the ‘Operation Yewtree ’ report is the obvious choice to improve your English. Why are you so interested in child abuse? "

I read many things - you obviously do not. You have a disturbing lack of faith in education. I am interested in these cases because I suffered as a child and now give a lot of money annually to international charities to stop it. I answered your "loaded" question, now you can answer mine. Why do you care more for an advert-free television channel than you do about child abuse?

"If the BBC have no responsibility in the Savile case, why have they, and still are, paying compensation to his victims? In 2013 it was reported by The Independent that the BBC had "set aside £19.1 million" to settle future claims. I do not know how much has been paid so far, but suffice it to say that £19.1 million is approximately 188, 750 licence fees. Again, can a BBC supporter tell me why the BBC did this if they had no responsibility?"

Set aside?? Seems vague, as you are so obsessed with this story you should gather some more accurate information. Do some extra research, it might help improve your English

Really?

Yep.

Like?

?

Of course you did, I mean, the ‘Operation Yewtree ’ report is the obvious choice to improve your English. Why are you so interested in child abuse?

I read many things - you obviously do not. You have a disturbing lack of faith in education. I am interested in these cases because I suffered as a child and now give a lot of money annually to international charities to stop it. I answered your "loaded" question, now you can answer mine. Why do you care more for an advert-free television channel than you do about child abuse? "

No you don’t, you are random profile on a swinging site who is making things up to suit your agenda. Why should I , or anyone else on here believe a single thing you say?

"If the BBC have no responsibility in the Savile case, why have they, and still are, paying compensation to his victims? In 2013 it was reported by The Independent that the BBC had "set aside £19.1 million" to settle future claims. I do not know how much has been paid so far, but suffice it to say that £19.1 million is approximately 188, 750 licence fees. Again, can a BBC supporter tell me why the BBC did this if they had no responsibility?

Set aside?? Seems vague, as you are so obsessed with this story you should gather some more accurate information. Do some extra research, it might help improve your English "

You cannot answer the question then? I did not think you would be able to.

Really?

Yep.

Like?

?

I read many things - you obviously do not. You have a disturbing lack of faith in education. I am interested in these cases because I suffered as a child and now give a lot of money annually to international charities to stop it. I answered your "loaded" question, now you can answer mine. Why do you care more for an advert-free television channel than you do about child abuse?

No you don’t, you are random profile on a swinging site who is making things up to suit your agenda. Why should I , or anyone else on here believe a single thing you say? "

And you are incapable of answering that question as well.

Well, "fabtastic999" are you able to give reasoned answers to my questions? No, I guess not.

"If the BBC have no responsibility in the Savile case, why have they, and still are, paying compensation to his victims? In 2013 it was reported by The Independent that the BBC had "set aside £19.1 million" to settle future claims. I do not know how much has been paid so far, but suffice it to say that £19.1 million is approximately 188, 750 licence fees. Again, can a BBC supporter tell me why the BBC did this if they had no responsibility?

Set aside?? Seems vague, as you are so obsessed with this story you should gather some more accurate information. Do some extra research, it might help improve your English

You cannot answer the question then? I did not think you would be able to."

What was the question, Mr ‘I change my name and location every 2 weeks’ bibbly bongo

What was the question, Mr ‘I change my name and location every 2 weeks’ bibbly bongo "

You know perfectly well what the questions are - they are the ones ending in a question mark on my posts. You still have no answers though and are becoming childishly offensive to disguise your lack of knowledge. Are you not capable of having an adult discussion?

liverpool

"If the BBC have no responsibility in the Savile case, why have they, and still are, paying compensation to his victims? In 2013 it was reported by The Independent that the BBC had "set aside £19.1 million" to settle future claims. I do not know how much has been paid so far, but suffice it to say that £19.1 million is approximately 188, 750 licence fees. Again, can a BBC supporter tell me why the BBC did this if they had no responsibility?"

Didnt they set up the scheme?

And the nhs and Barbados are paying into it aswell?

What was the question, Mr ‘I change my name and location every 2 weeks’ bibbly bongo

You know perfectly well what the questions are - they are the ones ending in a question mark on my posts. You still have no answers though and are becoming childishly offensive to disguise your lack of knowledge. Are you not capable of having an adult discussion?"

Of course I will have an adult conversation, it is just a bit difficult taking someone seriously when they are telling so many lies. Is it ok that I care about child abuse and the BBC? Or can I only care about one without the other?

liverpool

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30494996

[Removed by poster at 28/07/20 00:02:26]

You know perfectly well what the questions are - they are the ones ending in a question mark on my posts. You still have no answers though and are becoming childishly offensive to disguise your lack of knowledge. Are you not capable of having an adult discussion?

Of course I will have an adult conversation, it is just a bit difficult taking someone seriously when they are telling so many lies. Is it ok that I care about child abuse and the BBC? Or can I only care about one without the other? "

And still you are incapable of actually answering the questions directly, instead you insinuate that I am lying in order to avoid displaying your ignorance. Pathetic.

Of course I will have an adult conversation, it is just a bit difficult taking someone seriously when they are telling so many lies. Is it ok that I care about child abuse and the BBC? Or can I only care about one without the other?

And still you are incapable of actually answering the questions directly, instead you insinuate that I am lying in order to avoid displaying your ignorance. Pathetic."

You are lying, for example you say your in Colorado? But your showing your location as being 200 miles away from Manchester ? Let’s play your game, child abuse is abhorrent , do I care more about preventing child abuse than the BBC , yes I do , is the BBC responsible for child abuse ? No it isn’t . Did Jimmy Saville fool and trick many people and organisations including the NHS, Maggie Thatcher, Prince Charles, numerous charities, the BBC , yes he did. Next question

"https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30494996"

Thank you for the link. It states quite clearly that the BBC are amongst those giving compensation to victims. Again, I ask - if the BBC have no responsibility regarding the crimes of Savile, why are they giving out compensation to his victims?

And still you are incapable of actually answering the questions directly, instead you insinuate that I am lying in order to avoid displaying your ignorance. Pathetic.

You are lying, for example you say your in Colorado? But your showing your location as being 200 miles away from Manchester ? Let’s play your game, child abuse is abhorrent , do I care more about preventing child abuse than the BBC , yes I do , is the BBC responsible for child abuse ? No it isn’t . Did Jimmy Saville fool and trick many people and organisations including the NHS, Maggie Thatcher, Prince Charles, numerous charities, the BBC , yes he did. Next question "

My home is in Colorado, I work around the world. Your ignorance is truly stunning. And you still did not answer the questions. I am no longer expecting you to.

You are lying, for example you say your in Colorado? But your showing your location as being 200 miles away from Manchester ? Let’s play your game, child abuse is abhorrent , do I care more about preventing child abuse than the BBC , yes I do , is the BBC responsible for child abuse ? No it isn’t . Did Jimmy Saville fool and trick many people and organisations including the NHS, Maggie Thatcher, Prince Charles, numerous charities, the BBC , yes he did. Next question

My home is in Colorado, I work around the world. Your ignorance is truly stunning. And you still did not answer the questions. I am no longer expecting you to."

You are currently 200 miles from Manchester, why the continuous lies? I answered your question, have a read

My home is in Colorado, I work around the world. Your ignorance is truly stunning. And you still did not answer the questions. I am no longer expecting you to.

You are currently 200 miles from Manchester, why the continuous lies? I answered your question, have a read "

Why the continuous deflections? There were two questions, I have said that more than once. Do try to keep up. Would you say you are a typical example of your country's education system? Sorry, that's another question - I know you have trouble with those, so perhaps you should get back to your television set.

You are currently 200 miles from Manchester, why the continuous lies? I answered your question, have a read

Why the continuous deflections? There were two questions, I have said that more than once. Do try to keep up. Would you say you are a typical example of your country's education system? Sorry, that's another question - I know you have trouble with those, so perhaps you should get back to your television set."

Your currently 200 miles away from Manchester, which is the same distance as Salisbury? Your not really American , you change your ethnicity, religion, location, education, job or numerous other aspects of your life to try and justify and suit your agenda . I know who you really are, dance for me

Why the continuous deflections? There were two questions, I have said that more than once. Do try to keep up. Would you say you are a typical example of your country's education system? Sorry, that's another question - I know you have trouble with those, so perhaps you should get back to your television set.

Your currently 200 miles away from Manchester, which is the same distance as Salisbury? Your not really American , you change your ethnicity, religion, location, education, job or numerous other aspects of your life to try and justify and suit your agenda . I know who you really are, dance for me "

It's "you're", not "your". Your lack of education gives away who you are. Perhaps the BBC has some educational programmes you could take advantage of?

Your currently 200 miles away from Manchester, which is the same distance as Salisbury? Your not really American , you change your ethnicity, religion, location, education, job or numerous other aspects of your life to try and justify and suit your agenda . I know who you really are, dance for me "

You have no clue as to how the location feature works, do you? Perhaps you know a 5 year old child who can explain it to you before you make any more ludicrous assertions. They could also teach you spelling and grammar

"I would imagine MT would have personally cut his balls off if she did."

You are Joking arent you ?

Thatcher Knighted Cyril Smith

After MI5 had a file she would have seen

Smith & Saville were friends for 40 years .

What about her Friend

Sir Peter Morrison ?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"I would imagine MT would have personally cut his balls off if she did.

What about her Friend

Sir Peter Morrison ?

"

Not quiet true she may have been pm but smith was nominated by David Steel (lib) for a knighthood who by the way also bungled the Thorpe inquiry into his use of rentboys.But dont let the truth get in the way of knocking Thatcher

"I would imagine MT would have personally cut his balls off if she did.

What about her Friend

Sir Peter Morrison ?

Not quiet true she may have been pm but smith was nominated by David Steel (lib) for a knighthood who by the way also bungled the Thorpe inquiry into his use of rentboys.But dont let the truth get in the way of knocking Thatcher "

You do know that the Prime Minister has the authority

To stop someone from being knighted dont you .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31789827

» Add a new message to this topic